PDA

View Full Version : Any 7sp DRY DSG issues on 132 TSI comfortline?

zzc2010
11-04-2017, 05:50 AM
Hi Everyone

Just wonder if anyone had issues with the 7sp dsg on the 132 TSI comfortline Passat.

Looking into purchase a full loaded 132 comfortline

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Neal

zzc2010
12-04-2017, 12:27 PM
Anyone? Please comment.

doc_777
12-04-2017, 04:41 PM
Maybe no one has had any issues....hence no comments....

zzc2010
12-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Thats a great news to me!

Going to pick my new 132TSI next week

My old 90TSI Golf troubled me a lot!

Changed Clutch pads every year~

Thanks

tigger73
12-04-2017, 11:04 PM
B8 Passat is still relatively new, however the more recent revisions of the 7 speed DSG have certainly been a lot less problematic than the first units that came out in the Mk6 Golf and late B6/early B7 Passat.

GreyNurseShark
13-04-2017, 09:21 AM
I've had my 132TSI Comfortline wagon for over 12 months now, and the DSG has never been any issue whatsoever.

zzc2010
13-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Its a big good news to me!

Thanks everyone

Passat R36
14-04-2017, 02:04 AM
Isn't it DQ380,7 Speed WET DSG?

zzc2010
14-04-2017, 06:46 AM
Should be a DQ200 Dry.

DQ380 is the replacement of DQ250.

zzc2010
27-04-2017, 02:29 AM
Got my new Passat running.

All good so far.

Finger crossed.

Janko
27-04-2017, 11:57 AM
I too had the same question last year but went ahead and bought the 132 TSI last year(October) and have done over 6000Km with no issues at all.I bought the extra 2year warranty as well so nothing to worry for 4.5 years :)

zzc2010
28-04-2017, 12:30 PM
I too had the same question last year but went ahead and bought the 132 TSI last year(October) and have done over 6000Km with no issues at all.I bought the extra 2year warranty as well so nothing to worry for 4.5 years :)

Good choice man good choice.

No problem so far.

Only the start stop system seems not like to work.

Power consumption is high. LoL

ylzhao
01-05-2017, 11:45 AM
so far it is ok; bit shaking when you start, especially on a hill. sports model is perfect.

zzc2010
01-05-2017, 03:04 PM
so far it is ok; bit shaking when you start, especially on a hill. sports model is perfect.

Theres a firmware upgrade for the DSG recently to smooth out the starting process.

You may try that from your dealer

rave75
02-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Theres a firmware upgrade for the DSG recently to smooth out the starting process.

You may try that from your dealer

How do you check which DSG version you have? I just completed a 15k km service a month ago and did ask the dealer to update the firmware if there is an update. Most likely they didn't do it.

zzc2010
03-05-2017, 03:53 AM
How do you check which DSG version you have? I just completed a 15k km service a month ago and did ask the dealer to update the firmware if there is an update. Most likely they didn't do it.

My dealer done the job before I picked up the car.

I asked my dealer to check if there are recalls or firmware updates for DSG.

He checked and updated the DSG firmware as there was one.

I got the firmware update info from recent reviews of the car on the Internet.

I dont know how to check the version of the DSG but you should ask your dealer to do it.

Not much effort for upgrading a firmware and they should be happy to do it.

Tim Foley
02-12-2018, 05:25 PM
My 132 tsi with 67000 klms has had the clutch pack replaced and the Mechatronics replaced. Issues started to occur around 30000 klms but took until 65000 klms for VW to agree to replace the clutch pack then 2000 klms later they agreed the Mechatronics needed replacing as well. The clutch symptoms were intermittent with screaching noise going up from 4 to 5 and going down from 4 to 3. The Mechatronics unit needed replacing as when I started the car and put it into either D or R the auto hold would release and if on a slope the car would roll forward or back but the gear would not be engaged. A signal to apply foot break would appear and by doing this the gear would be engaged. This was becoming more frequent to a point where it was all the time and finally a gearbox error appeared and VW agreed to replace the Mechatronics unit. It is incredible that several visits to the dealership could not have diagnosed this issue earlier and the issue has been fixed by this replacement

rave75
07-12-2018, 02:06 PM
I had my clutch pack replaced at 45k km even though I've made sure to not do things like creeping in the traffic that will burn your clutch faster. So bear in mind that you will have to replace the clutch later down the road. If I were you, I'd get the wet clutch and avoid dry clutch. Not to mention there was gearbox oil leak and water pump leak.

Make sure your sunroof is silent, mine still makes noise after 1.5 year going back and forth to the dealer.

zzc2010
08-12-2018, 08:03 AM
I had my clutch pack replaced at 45k km even though I've made sure to not do things like creeping in the traffic that will burn your clutch faster. So bear in mind that you will have to replace the clutch later down the road. If I were you, I'd get the wet clutch and avoid dry clutch. Not to mention there was gearbox oil leak and water pump leak.

Make sure your sunroof is silent, mine still makes noise after 1.5 year going back and forth to the dealer.

My sunroof started to have noises and knocking really hard last week.

Booked in next two weeks for repairing a lot of things.

Advice?

rave75
10-12-2018, 04:17 PM
according to the last TPI done on my vehicle, the sunroof frame is made from material that flex and can be noisy during hot temperature. Also overtime, the lubricant might not be useful due to dirt built up, hence why after each visit, the noise was gone but it will come back again. My dealer pretty much said it is bad design by VW.

What things do you need to repair?

Since my clutch got replaced, my consumption figure increased from 7.8L to 9.5L per 100km. I am waiting to finish a full tank and see how many km I got from a full tank. Normally I got 800 km before the fuel warning light up.

zzc2010
10-12-2018, 08:15 PM
according to the last TPI done on my vehicle, the sunroof frame is made from material that flex and can be noisy during hot temperature. Also overtime, the lubricant might not be useful due to dirt built up, hence why after each visit, the noise was gone but it will come back again. My dealer pretty much said it is bad design by VW.

What things do you need to repair?

Since my clutch got replaced, my consumption figure increased from 7.8L to 9.5L per 100km. I am waiting to finish a full tank and see how many km I got from a full tank. Normally I got 800 km before the fuel warning light up.

Mine is always close to 9L or more.

I do not know yet. Going to visit VW next week.

The sunroof have a metal knocking cracking sound from the front and left parts.

rave75
11-12-2018, 03:32 PM
Mine is always close to 9L or more.

I do not know yet. Going to visit VW next week.

The sunroof have a metal knocking cracking sound from the front and left parts.

Initially my sunroof had a very noising metal knocking, now it is just a bit rattling plus there is this subtle but annoying rubbing noise since it is coming from the headliner just above the driver seats. Well hopefully yours has more luck than mine, let me know what the dealer will do and whether they managed to get it fixed permanently.

Passat B8 sedan has 66L fuel tank, 9L/100km= 730km with full tank. Do you get around that much?

zzc2010
11-12-2018, 10:58 PM
Initially my sunroof had a very noising metal knocking, now it is just a bit rattling plus there is this subtle but annoying rubbing noise since it is coming from the headliner just above the driver seats. Well hopefully yours has more luck than mine, let me know what the dealer will do and whether they managed to get it fixed permanently.

Passat B8 sedan has 66L fuel tank, 9L/100km= 730km with full tank. Do you get around that much?

Sure, may I know how did they repair the roof? I remember you mentioned cutting the roof and change the frame?

I didn't calculate it, the trip computer tells me i'm averaging 9.XL/100 KM. I tweaked Audi accelerator and it should cost me more. Driving in ECO generally.

ylzhao
30-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Lord, you guys creep me up. Mine just finished 3yrs warranty @21k km. What should I do? Should I start looking for independent mechanics? Lol
Volkservice
Volkswerke