PDA

View Full Version : New VW Shipment has ARRIVED!?!!!

marcuskmt
07-04-2017, 08:14 AM
So, my new VW was on the Vehicle Carrier, "Tortugas" which left Bremerhaven on 9/3/17 has arrived in Melbourne!

According to the https://www.2wglobal.com/ website, it arrived in Melbourne yesterday - it's status is "Liner Release"!

I am so excited.

I'm not sure if I am reading it correctly because it took 9 days to get from South Africa to here according to this website:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:191560/mmsi:249757000/vessel:TORTUGAS

Can anyone add any information to this?

Apparently, it takes about a month to get to me from Melbourne.

hcvo1
07-04-2017, 08:26 AM
So, my new VW was on the Vehicle Carrier, "Tortugas" which left Bremerhaven on 9/3/17 has arrived in Melbourne!

According to the https://www.2wglobal.com/ website, it arrived in Melbourne yesterday - it's status is "Liner Release"!

I am so excited.

I'm not sure if I am reading it correctly because it took 9 days to get from South Africa to here according to this website:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:191560/mmsi:249757000/vessel:TORTUGAS

Liner release happens a week before the car is actually unloaded at the ports. There are two more steps after this which is discharged - which means the car has come off the ship and awaiting the customs process and then finally delivered from which means the car has gone through customs and Patrick autocare has taken the car into their possession to do the compliance work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IsDon
07-04-2017, 08:46 AM

I am so excited.

I don't think so. Our Tig is also on the Tortugas. It's not due in Melbourne until 11 Apr and vessel tracker still shows it as out of range.

Here's the latest sail plan.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/04/eb3bd2a68d57b24fd322755fe161c314-3.jpg

Mac135
07-04-2017, 10:57 AM
The Tortugas has about 60 hours to run until it docks in Melbourne. It's outside tracker range at the moment but assuming it is on schedule and due to arrive on 11/4 at 1pm then at 17knots over 60 hours it is in fact about 1900km south west of Melbourne. So out to sea somewhere toward the SA/WA border.

depending how far south it stays it might be a couple of days before it comes back online. Having watched my wife's Tiguan come in on the Don Juan in January the Torgtugas with my S3 sedan on it is following the same route.

marcuskmt
09-04-2017, 12:23 AM
The Tortugas has about 60 hours to run until it docks in Melbourne. It's outside tracker range at the moment but assuming it is on schedule and due to arrive on 11/4 at 1pm then at 17knots over 60 hours it is in fact about 1900km south west of Melbourne. So out to sea somewhere toward the SA/WA border.

depending how far south it stays it might be a couple of days before it comes back online. Having watched my wife's Tiguan come in on the Don Juan in January the Torgtugas with my S3 sedan on it is following the same route.

Too bad it is too far out to sea, or I could watch in pass Adelaide in the next couple of days...

The S3 is an awesome car. How does it drive compared to the WRX?

Mac135
09-04-2017, 05:41 AM
Too bad it is too far out to sea, or I could watch in pass Adelaide in the next couple of days...

The S3 is an awesome car. How does it drive compared to the WRX?

can't really say re the WRX. It's years since I drove a Subie and most reviews seem to compare the S3 to BMW 140/240 and Mercedes CLA's. I'm guessing it's less raw, less seat of the pants than the WRX. Looking forward to getting it whatever the case.

marcuskmt
11-04-2017, 11:42 AM
The Tortugas has docked in Melbourne!

marcuskmt
12-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Liner release happens a week before the car is actually unloaded at the ports. There are two more steps after this which is discharged - which means the car has come off the ship and awaiting the customs process and then finally delivered from which means the car has gone through customs and Patrick autocare has taken the car into their possession to do the compliance work.

Discharged this morning!

drazman2000
12-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Strange email from dealer saying the VW forgot to affix the airbag stickers on the Tiguan. Saying they are expecting the stickers this week...
I'm not worried as I was expecting a 2-3 week wait anyway from reaching the dock

hcvo1
12-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Discharged this morning!

Now to clear customs and get that 'delivered from'

marcuskmt
18-04-2017, 11:50 AM
"Delivered From"

What Patrick Auto need to do before it gets to my local dealer?

IsDon
18-04-2017, 12:29 PM
"Delivered From"

What Patrick Auto need to do before it gets to my local dealer?

I'm guessing yours was delivered to Melbourne.

Mine was "discharged" at Port Kembla on 13 Apr. When did you get the "delivered from" status? How long from "discharged" to "delivered from"?

marcuskmt
18-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Mine was "discharged" at Port Kembla on 13 Apr. When did you get the "delivered from" status? How long from "discharged" to "delivered from"?

6 days over the Easter Weekend!

drazman2000
18-04-2017, 08:33 PM
How long from "delivered" to true delivery from dealer?

Gladbach
18-04-2017, 09:13 PM
How long from "delivered" to true delivery from dealer?

For me, in Sydney, it was 11 business days in total.

marcuskmt
21-04-2017, 04:18 AM
Will there be any more status updates after 'delivered from'?

hcvo1
21-04-2017, 04:20 AM
Will there be any more status updates after 'delivered from'?

Nope that's the last one. Over to your dealer to deal with Patricks now

Jeffsy
23-04-2017, 10:42 PM
OK, so this close to being the Tortugas shipment thread, so I thought I would ask here whether anyone has a delivery date yet?

drazman2000
24-04-2017, 02:38 PM
I have a tentative 2nd of May delivery date

Mac135
24-04-2017, 04:12 PM
That sounds about right - May 2.

I had an Audi S3 on the Tortugas and the dealer said the week commencing May 1 is the likely time for my delivery.

Jeffsy
24-04-2017, 09:51 PM
Thanks guys. I don't have a date yet which is why I thought I would check here. My Vic country dealer has said deliveries have been taking a while which he is putting down to all the public holidays at the moment.