PDA

View Full Version : New Eos

thomo
12-01-2008, 10:26 AM
In early December we ordered a Silver/Deep Red leather TDi DSG. However a petrol FSI version arrived instead. We were given the option of having a White/Corn Silk beige leather with electric seats TDi DSG instead which after inspection we accepted and take delivery next Friday

The dealer in Canberra, Lennock's Motors( from whom we had also bought a Nissan Pathfinder Ti for towing a caravan)said as far as he could ascertain ours would be the only one of that combination in Australia (may be in a TDi combination).

Some other interesting facts from the dealer in which you may be interested you may be interested :
- 80 % of Golfs sold in Australia are now diesel
- 20% of Eosii (plural ??) are diesel
- 65% of all VWs are diesel

He also said he had sold 48 Eosii in Canberra since they were available

Looking forward to Friday!!

Thomo

broady69
12-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey congrats on the new car.

I was looking at a couple of Eosii (???) here on the Gold Coast and VW have introduced something called the individual poack where colour and trim customization are going to the next level. I saw a V10 Toureg done entirely in Piano Black interior (oooh, so sexy) and an Eos with two-tone seats, doors, lining and carpets. Even the stitching on the seats and steering were two-tone.

Looks like this:

http://www.motorpasion.com/images/2007/10/Volkswagen_Individual-13.jpg

It had this little badge on the side:

http://oempl.us/images/badge_individual.jpg

With the amount of colours and options, mixed with engine and gearbox choices, it's very likely that it's the only one like it.

Enjoy it!

Broady

Mischa
12-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Some other interesting facts from the dealer in which you may be interested you may be interested
Thomo

not to knock your favorite dealer but i would bet both my cars that the "fact" that 80% of golfs sold are diesel is a complete load of crap.

oh and i almost forgot... welcome to the forum and congrats on a great car :)

thomo
12-01-2008, 08:08 PM
....and Mischa you know this because.....

Thomo

Mischa
12-01-2008, 08:15 PM
....and Mischa you know this because.....

Thomo

well dealers will tell you anything to get you impressed to make a sale, an incredible amount of which is total bs (based on personal experience) but that aside, i live in vw land (affluent boring north shore of sydney) and every second car is a golf and not even half of the ones i see are diesel. in fact i see more gti's than diesels. lots of people arent willing to pay the extra money for the diesel it and some just plain dont like its characteristics. if they said 50%, then maybe at a stretch i could believe it... but 4/5 golfs? no way.

besides i only said i bet, i didnt say i know ;) not trying to be annoying but dealers arent the most reliable sources of information, especially about cars.

thomo
12-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Mischa

I really couldn't give a toss if he was giving me a load of bs or not. But as far as I am concerned he had nothing to prove as I had already made my decision and he indicated he liked both forms of motivation. The only points I would make is that I have dealt with car dealers for 40 + years in at least four different countries where I was working interviewing and assessing people for a number of reasons so I believe I am a fair judge of bs artists; secondly VW Golfs are sold beyond the North Shore of Sydney in areas where people travel real distances and have seen the light regarding touring range and frugality.

Thanks for your best wishes on the Eos, we are really looking forward to it.

Thomo

OilBurna
12-01-2008, 09:14 PM
congrat thomo look fwd to seeing some pics

Jarred
12-01-2008, 09:31 PM
diesels are becoming Incredibly popular these days, although I dont think that 80% of golfs being diesel is an extention of the truth. At least half of the golf that I see (mk 5's) are diesels, and if my memory serves me correct last years (or the year before's) Vfacts facts i spose stated over half of new VW's are diesels. 65% does sound familiar to me. Regardless, congrats on the new car, I'm sure you'll love it and welcome to the forum.

DaveMack
12-01-2008, 11:03 PM
And yet ... you STILL can't get one of these in Aus.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/01/EosV6_3-1.jpg

Maybe get an import from NZ???

Dave

sydeos
13-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey Thomo

Welcome to our little part of the net. I am sure you will enjoy your Eos as much as we have.

Hate to break you bubble Broady but compared to the options and combinations available on the Mini the Eos is not even in the hunt for unique specifications.

Leigh

SoVeReIgN
13-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Mischa

I really couldn't give a toss if he was giving me a load of bs or not. But as far as I am concerned he had nothing to prove as I had already made my decision and he indicated he liked both forms of motivation. The only points I would make is that I have dealt with car dealers for 40 + years in at least four different countries where I was working interviewing and assessing people for a number of reasons so I believe I am a fair judge of bs artists; secondly VW Golfs are sold beyond the North Shore of Sydney in areas where people travel real distances and have seen the light regarding touring range and frugality.

Thanks for your best wishes on the Eos, we are really looking forward to it.

Thomo

Mate there is absolutely no chance 80% of golfs are diesel.

I don't care whether he was blowing you while he told you - He's either misinformed or plain lying.

broady69
13-01-2008, 02:35 PM
And yet ... you STILL can't get one of these in Aus.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/01/EosV6_3-1.jpg

Maybe get an import from NZ???

Dave

I've heard that it's on it's way soon Dave.

Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it.

3.2 V6 4WD Eos...there is a God!!!

Mischa
13-01-2008, 03:43 PM

eos looks nice but is too heavy imo :cool:

mikinoz
13-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Every second VW is a TFSI Petrol GTI! :)

Mischa
13-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Every second VW is a TFSI Petrol GTI! :)

every second vw or every second golf? ive heard every second golf... if it was every second vw that means that every single golf would have to be a gti :P

sydeos
13-01-2008, 05:33 PM

I think you will find it's just FWD guys. There is precious little room in the back with the roof tucked away for any of the hardware required to make the EOS 4WD. The V6 even has 2 batteries located there in stead of under the bonnet further reducing the rear storage capacity. :(

Golf Houso
14-01-2008, 06:17 PM
An R32 eos? Who wouldn't want that :D In any guise its a fantastic car, a much better alternative to some of the other CC's out there.

thomo
17-02-2008, 02:25 PM
After taking delivery of our new Eos last month we have now purchased a Car Bra as shown in attached photos.

For those of you not resident in the Land of Oz these "Bras" are used when travelling on the country roads to protect to front of the car from stone chips, squashed insects, tar splashes and the like. They are tailormade for individual models from high quality vinyl with a cotton flock backing to protect the paintwork.

They attach in minutes using velcro patches under the bonnet (hood in US speak) and bottom spoiler as well as vinyl covered metal corner brackets around the wheel arches

Mischa
17-02-2008, 03:02 PM
After taking delivery of our new Eos last month we have now purchased a Car Bra as shown in attached photos.

For those of you not resident in the Land of Oz these "Bras" are used when travelling on the country roads to protect to front of the car from stone chips, squashed insects, tar splashes and the like. They are tailormade for individual models from high quality vinyl with a cotton flock backing to protect the paintwork.

They attach in minutes using velcro patches under the bonnet (hood in US speak) and bottom spoiler as well as vinyl covered metal corner brackets around the wheel arches

never seen a white one before! looks pretty snazzy. where did you get it and how much for?

thomo
17-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Well Mischa I bought it from the dealer who gave me all that "bull sh.t" info about diesel sales etc .... don't you remember ???

Anyway the dealer's name is Lennock Motors Canberra with whom I have had previous good dealings through the purchase of a Nissan Pathfinder Ti a couple of years ago. They are very client focused.

I got a reasonable discount, given the supply situation of the Eos, plus a set of the custom Eos accessory luggage cases thrown in as freebies. I am satisfied with the deal.

We had originally ordered a Silver car with the deep red nappa leather, but a petrol version arrived instead of the TDI DSG that we had specified. So when the white TDi DSG with the cornsilk leather with electric seat controls (not on the silver order) we took the white one for the same price with the same original discount and the luggage.

Mischa
17-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Well Mischa I bought it from the dealer who gave me all that "bull sh.t" info about diesel sales etc .... don't you remember ???

Anyway the dealer's name is Lennock Motors Canberra with whom I have had previous good dealings through the purchase of a Nissan Pathfinder Ti a couple of years ago. They are very client focused.

I got a reasonable discount, given the supply situation of the Eos, plus a set of the custom Eos accessory luggage cases thrown in as freebies. I am satisfied with the deal.

We had originally ordered a Silver car with the deep red nappa leather, but a petrol version arrived instead of the TDI DSG that we had specified. So when the white TDi DSG with the cornsilk leather with electric seat controls (not on the silver order) we took the white one for the same price with the same original discount and the luggage.

wasnt trying to insult you and/or your dealer i just think people should stay on their toes when dealing with them because in the end of the day the only thing they want from you is money... its just the nature of business.

anyways sounds like a fantastic car; was only asking how much the bra was but i guess if it were part of the deal then you didnt exactly pay retail for it.

no offence meant. cheers.

thomo
17-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Mischa - no offence taken -

I thought you were talking about the car.

The Carbra is from Robco, Marrickville www.carbras.com.au $450 cash

gigy
07-03-2008, 05:03 PM
HI my name is gigy and I have an eos TDI

WEDEL.1
02-12-2008, 09:06 AM

Well done....I bought a white bra for our Golf also.....

Maris

gregozedobe
02-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Mate there is absolutely no chance 80% of golfs are diesel.

I don't care whether he was blowing you while he told you - He's either misinformed or plain lying.

Or he could just be creative with statistics.

eg VW Australia don't call the GTI a "Golf GTI", they just call it a "GTI" (look at the rear badging).

So if you remove all GTIs from your "Golf" sample, that means you are now only counting the (very popular) 1.9 and 2.0 TDIs (both 103 and GT 125Kw versions), vs the (pretty unpopular) 1.6 and 2.0 na petrols.

Hey presto, "80% of Golfs are diesel".

Any other statistically misleading but true statements you want me to sort of justify while I'm on a roll ?

Remember, "82.5% of statistics are either made up or deliberately distorted to fit in with the author's bias." :biggrin: