PDA

View Full Version : just a night out in me dub

finemk1
16-06-2005, 10:12 PM
ok this is just a story of one of my outings i had could be an "interesting article" if u read it upside down...
in canberra we have extreamly large round abouts every wher the most know is capital hill right near civic, all the drugos get smashed there,
i was flying over the bridge towards civic just after a kill some civic ball muncher. tried passing a new BMW Z4, but decided he was better, so i as all us golf drivers do put the foot flat to the floor, with the round about approching fast and wet roads. we hit just on 150, i was about a car length behind (HELLO Z4 PEOPLE) so i ducked up the inside on the bike lane NOTE: anyone who has been around this road will know exsactly what im talking about.
i launched the car, swear i got some air, cut infront of him about 3 car lenghts and the ass just started sliding out right for the gutter, so i panicked a bit wiped the poo from my ass and planted it, missed the inside gutter by about half metre still side ways swung back the other way and held about a 100m drift smooth as butter, befor swinging back againg and doing another smooth 50m drift befor locking it up to slow down right at the first set of lights....................... u know the days u wish u had a passenger in the car to witness things like this........this was one mind u this Z4 must of seen the rear of a famous white golf all over the shop which probly looked like i did it on pourpose. lets just say i bought a lotto ticket the next day...

oh i didnt win either.

GoLfMan
16-06-2005, 10:19 PM
thats bloody awesome drifting in a FWD :D awesome man... ****ting on cars that cost 15 times as much and have little weiners driving them that think there good would be a great feeling well done :D funny stuff to :lol:

finemk1
16-06-2005, 10:21 PM
made me feel tough the next day ... i bought 5mm rear wheel spacers the next day i hope this help eliminates sliding now, but i been told by my go kart buddie im ment to bring the track in insted of out, its worth a try, so i can go a bit faster next time!!!!!

imported_brackie
17-06-2005, 07:28 AM
Officer Brackie here.....You can pick up your infringement notice(s) at the Carberra Central Cop Shop....

black betty
21-06-2005, 01:59 PM
WOW

DVR68U
23-06-2005, 11:36 PM
lol sounds like u did us proud , one time i beat a z4 up a hill at my house from 100 to just over 140 the hill is steep as , luckily i was in my turbo'd '68 beetle no decklid just a polished up t3 hangin out the back . i bet u he was just goin :shock: lol no exhaust just dumped straight out the turbo , now im just buildin my mk1 and hope to have some more stories like that soon
cheers brenton

gotrice
21-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Did you wake up sweating that the cops are on the way to your place?

evorobin
21-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Brings back memories of a late night drive at the autofest last year. Chasing steves mk2 on a HUGE sweeper. Balancing the car on the throttle and making ground. Bloody great feeling 8)

Golfwise
22-09-2005, 09:21 AM
We do things like that on every corner of every lap at the race track.
Its fun fun fun till ya daddy takes the T Bird away ???????
I was no different at your age but hanging the tail can be rectified.
Explain your spring shock swaybar combination.Wheel track won't alter it much.
I remember my first escapade on the race track in a modified Gold I spun on the third corner. :oops: :oops: I was an experienced race driver (of other makes) at the time and thought the suspension set up was cool.Boy was I wrong, I went home and reengineered the rear end and never spun it again(fingers crossed) :wink:

finemk1
24-09-2005, 11:44 AM
yeah been looking at that, taking a trip to inline in quenbeyan for a complete set up, would be good to get it done properly like when they were installed

Golfwise
24-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Fine
you don't fully comprehend what I mean.
You've got the wrong spring rates /swaybar set up, does this workshop you are taking the car to know what they are talking about.Its not just an alignment thing , for a fwd car to be tail happy is a major wrong set up as it has understeer designed into it by the manufacturer and to be turned into the opposite is quite a grey area.

GoLfMan
24-09-2005, 11:13 PM
understeer designed into it by the manufactorer you say? can you tell us all how to overcome this inbuilt characteristic?

Golfwise
24-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Some other time I'm going to bed :)

finemk1
25-09-2005, 08:33 PM
this bloke is the ants pants, chris eldrige is the name, comes from a long racing background and still races,
my set up is H&R coil overs allround with 16 by 7 wheels wraped in 40 profile tyres, front lower strut brace,
no sway bars
ive noticed that the major change effecting the handling is the height of the front compared to the back and vice verca, as i have just dumped to go for the "look" while just getting my front alligned everytime this has stuff up the setup he had done.

am i wrong to say cant get the perfect setup without testing........

im still in testing stages i guess

GoLfMan
25-09-2005, 09:11 PM
how close is ur car to coming back on the road dude?

finemk1
28-09-2005, 04:01 PM
a bee's penis away, need a intermediate shaft bolt which i happen to of lost somewhere....... and my head arives anyday soon, ,then timing and tuning and so forth. sould be within the fortnight, but ive been saying that for close to 3 months now

GoLfMan
28-09-2005, 04:25 PM
i look forward to seeing, or hearing bout it back on the roads again :D