PDA

View Full Version : VCDS Tweaks

Wynnston
25-03-2017, 09:56 PM
I thought I would create a VCDS Thread for the B8.

The VCDS Mods I've tried/enabled so far are -

- Enable Traffic Information
- Permanently disabled Stop/Start
- Traffic Sign Recognition, but I disabled it again because the signage in Australia (Perth) and the Nav data overlap is not so good, so the system errors out on occasion and it bugged me.

What I still want to do

- Make the alarm chirp when you lock the door (models with Alarm only)
- Anything else that sounds cool

Happy to share how-to's if anyone is interested.

What VCDS Mods have you done or want to do to your B8 that you know about?

kamold
26-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Note that some of the MQB tweaks for the Golf 7 will work, but not all as there are still differences between some modules.

Here are some that I've come across:

Rain closing:

The following coding must be used:

1. STG 09 (electrical wiring)
2. STG Access Permission -> Function 16
3. Enter free code 31347
4. STG Adjustment -> Function 10
(14) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Regenschliessen auswählen Wert auf permanent anpassen

6. Set value to permanently

7. (26) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen auswählen
8. Value to active

9. STG 09 (electrical wiring)
10. Select STG - RLS (rain and light sensor)
11. Byte 0
12. Activate bit 1
13. Activate bit 2

Enable pointer / needle / staging (needle sweep)
In the gearshift lever insert, you have the option to activate the Zeigertest / the wiper / the staging of the Kombiinstrument with the VW Passat B8. When starting, all hands in the AI ​​go back briefly to the stop and back to the basic position again. Possible for the new Active Info Display (Virtual Cockpit) as well as for the conventional monochrome version.

1. Select STG 17 (control panel)
2. STG coding -> function 10
3. Byte 1
4. Activate bit 0

Sunroof (SAD) - Panoramadach Activate comfort openings via key
The VW Passat B8 allows you to open the built-in glass panorama roof (sunroof - SAD) automatically when you press and hold the radio remote control on the unlocking button in addition to the opening windows. When the vehicle is locked, the panoramic sliding roof is also closed together with the windows. If, during a service action by the dealer, the comfort function of the opening and closing has been deactivated, this can be restored.

3. Enter access code 31347
5. Channel (10) access control Select 2-SAD Comfort close
6. Set value to active
7. Channel (11) access control 2-SAD Comfort open
8. Set value to active

Auto hold release speed

1. Select STG 03 (Brake electronics)
2. STG Adjustment -> Function 10
3. Select dynamic start-up assistant
4. value can be adapted accordingly

(default: normal)

Early - brake is released quickly and requires very little gas (shudderis no longer perceptible)
Normal - Factory Default (perceptible jerk when starting)
late - brake can late going and only with relatively large amount of gas (strong jerk when Start)

Alarm beep on lock / unlock (from VW GTI mk7 forum)
Go into [09] Central Electronics
Go into Secuity Access and enter 31347
Adaptation channels, and you are looking for:
(1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
(2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)
Set one or both to on if you wish.
Then set the following to "on"
Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung (Acoustic lock menu)
This enables a menu setting in the "car" settings, "Locking" menu of the infotainment screen to set alarm chirp on or off when locking /unlocking the car and have the option to switch it on or off from the head unit.

AJ240
26-03-2017, 01:25 PM
This will turn on the outer ring of the rear LED lights with you DRL's

Rear lights outer LED rings as DRL
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
Leuchte16 - Lightfunction D16 change from non-active to Daylight running lights
Leuchte17 - Lightfunction D17 change from non-active to Daylight running lights

AJ240
26-03-2017, 01:29 PM
Enable Traffic Information (TMC)

Step 1. On "Select Control Module" option click "Select"
Step 2. Select "5F-information Elect"
Step 3. Select "Adaptation"
Step 4. Using pull-down menu, select "Fee Based Traffic Information (TMC)" channel (it's about 20% down the channel list)
Step 5. Enter "1024" into "New Value" box and click "Do It!" tab.
Step 6. Click the "Yes" tab in the "Re-code Invalid" screen if it pops up. (mine didn't).
Step 7. When the screen in Step 5 returns, click "Add to log" to record a copy of the change report.
Step 8. Click "Go Back" (in Step 5 screen) and exit the VCDS software

Finally, after the changes above have been made, it's a good idea (I think) to reset the infotainment unit as follows: Press the on/off button on the radio until the unit switches off and keep holding down the button until the unit switches on again

Please note the following after the tweak has been completed:
1. For TMC to work, "TP" and "RDS" need to be activated in the set-up menu for the radio
2. It may take some time for the new facility to be established and for the initial set of traffic reports to be downloaded. In my case, the wait time was less than a minute, but others have reported longer times, in some cases hours.

AJ240
26-03-2017, 01:31 PM
If you want to be able to select your DRL's as on or off in the "CAR"menu.

Enable/Disable DRLs using "Car" Menu

The following coding is used:
1 Select STG 09 (Cent. Elect.)
2.Select STG 16 (Security Access)
3. Enter Code 31347
4. click "Do it!" tab
5. Select STG 10 (Adaption)
6 -Select (2)-Daytime Running Lights- Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge möglich

Wynnston
27-03-2017, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the alarm chirp on lock thing. I had done this but completely missed the step where you have to turn it on in the Settings->Car Menu. Doh!

zfl001
28-03-2017, 08:11 AM
Great thread. Hopefully will get a chance to contribute very soon for a 206 R-Line

Are any of you by chance using an OBDeleven?

CaseySP
28-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Would be interested if there is any way to enable coasting function in the Individual mode (only available in Eco mode).

achk
06-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Anyone in Melbourne happy to help with a few tweaks? For a case of beer?
Took delivery of a 206 wagon and want things like TMC and Sunroof comfort opening/closing enabled.
PM me if able to help. Thanks.

DV52
07-04-2017, 02:49 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^ hmm............ lots of "cross-fertilization" of the tweak instructions that are described in detail in the mk7 section of this forum and some of those that have been (largely) copied here! Not surprising given that both the later versions of the Passat and the Golf mk7 share the same build platform (MBQ), and I'm not complaining- I view the replication as the sincerest form of flattery (albeit attribution is a nice thing to have IMO)!!

But, just to save time and to make the process more efficient - it's much easier to simply find the instructions for your tweaks HERE (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html) - I suspect many of these will be the same!

Finally, for those that have opted for an OBD11 dongle (instead of VCDS), you can find a range of (mostly) suitable tweak instructions for your Passat HERE (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f153/obdeleven-new-kid-block-112163.html) - again, no need to copy-and-paste the dialogue here!

Don

DV52
07-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Anyone in Melbourne happy to help with a few tweaks? For a case of beer?
Took delivery of a 206 wagon and want things like TMC and Sunroof comfort opening/closing enabled.
PM me if able to help. Thanks.

achk: Hi I'm in the north-eastern suburbs - if you haven't had a response yet and you are interested - PM me (no beer necessary - I just need your undying gratitude -:cool:

Don

Wynnston
09-04-2017, 12:26 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^ hmm............ lots of "cross-fertilization" of the tweak instructions that are described in detail in the mk7 section of this forum and some of those that have been (largely) copied here! Not surprising given that both the later versions of the Passat and the Golf mk7 share the same build platform (MBQ), and I'm not complaining- I view the replication as the sincerest form of flattery (albeit attribution is a nice thing to have IMO)!!

But, just to save time and to make the process more efficient - it's much easier to simply find the instructions for your tweaks HERE (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html) - I suspect many of these will be the same!

Finally, for those that have opted for an OBD11 dongle (instead of VCDS), you can find a range of (mostly) suitable tweak instructions for your Passat HERE (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f153/obdeleven-new-kid-block-112163.html) - again, no need to copy-and-paste the dialogue here!

Don

Yes, for now, most of the tweaks cross over, but it's probably best to keep a version in here as there are quite a number of features on the Passat that do not feature in other MQB platform cars. If it's stuck in a "Golf" sub-forum then the less technically inclined may never find it.

zfl001
24-04-2017, 09:58 PM
Has anyone managed to find coding to turn off the beeping sound when the wagon boot/tailgate is opened using the key fob or the boot release button in the drivers door? I was pointed to coding for a Skoda Octavia using OBDeleven on youtube but the adaptation on Skoda doesn't exists on the Passat.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zfl001
29-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Has anyone managed to find coding to turn off the beeping sound when the wagon boot/tailgate is opened using the key fob or the boot release button in the drivers door? I was pointed to coding for a Skoda Octavia using OBDeleven on youtube but the adaptation on Skoda doesn't exists on the Passat.
Thanks.

Hi,
So poked around some more in the 6D control unit. Looks like this did the trick with OBDeleven:
1. Select Control unit 6D
2. Select Adaptations
3. Select Production Mode
4. Set Tone Sensor to "not active"

keepleft
29-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the nag screen?

zfl001
29-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the nag screen?

This is how I did it using OBDeleven:
1. Select control unit 5f
2. Select Long Coding
3. Change Byte_23_initial_disclaimer to "Off"
4. Save setting

Had a bit of a der moment. This thread is titled VCDS tweaks. Does the OP or anyone have an issue with OBDeleven instructions being added. Happy to start another thread.

DV52
30-04-2017, 06:35 PM
VCDS screen
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/pq4mK1dpng-1.jpg

OBD11 screen (as per zfl001

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/04/34tzqhIpng-3.jpg

Don

ylzhao
01-05-2017, 12:12 PM
sorry i dont have alarm fitted

snala
09-05-2017, 06:10 AM
Trying to enable traffic and I don't quite have the same details as as the Traffic data above.
On my radio settings I only have 'enable radio data', not the TP option or any mention of RDS? Is there some coding I need to do first to make these show? Radio stations do show scrolling banners and songs etc. But no TP ref on any of the stations and Traffic menu option just has the line through the TP at the top with no info so...?

We have done the mentioned steps below in VDCS to try and enable everything but no options as above in the Radio set up menu afterwards?

Step 4. Using pull-down menu, select "Fee Based Traffic Information (TMC)" channel (it's about 20% down the channel list)
Step 6. Click the "Yes" tab in the "Re-code Invalid" screen if it pops up. (mine didn't).
Step 7. When the screen in Step 5 returns, click "Add to log" to record a copy of the change report.

Please note the following after the tweak has been completed:
1. For TMC to work, "TP" and "RDS" need to be activated in the set-up menu for the radio

Using VDCS have enabled; light assist, Rear LEDs, reduced auto hold pressure, and tried rain closing so those all seemed to work fine but the traffic one is eluding us currently?

DV52 wondering if you can help please? I have a March 16 206 Passat, we got them earlier in NZ than Oz but same spec.

DV52
09-05-2017, 02:42 PM
snala: So - as I understand for the SUNA service (here in Australia, at east), the actual TMC data is transmitted over the commercial FM radio - it uses a harmonic of the stereo sub-frequency in the RDS signal (I think). The MIB unit (the module that lives in the glove box on a mk7 Golf) combines this information with the GPS data to locate the TMC data on the map that you see on the screen.

RDS also carries other data on the FM band - like the name of the song being played, or the weather information that is sometimes shown on some FM stations. So, if you have this information displayed, you probably already have a base level of this function activated.

Now we get to the difficult part - From my work with the MIB units on a mk7 Golf, I have found that the RDS function is enabled via Byte 13, Bit 3 on the 5F control module as per the VCDS screen shot below:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/VkooCDCpng-3.jpg

BUT - as you can see from the screen shot - there are lots of Bits on Byte 13 not shown with VCDS.

Here is a screen shot from my OBDeleven dongle for Byte 13 showing the Bit which refers to the same " RDS plus" facility as well as a basic RDS function and another reference to RDS on Byte 14 (boxed in yellow) - the reference to RDS plus on the second screen is a duplicate of that on the first screen

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/9j0hRcVpng1-3.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/WbiFDKMpng-1.jpg

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way of determining which Bits the OBD11 entries relate-to. So alas I can't make any definitive suggestions for your car. But you could try experimenting!

Don

Odamuz
09-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Hey lads... Long time lurker, first time poster- Anyone in Perth able to assist me in adding the drl on/off feature to my 17 passat alltrack? Happy to pay in the real world currency of beer...

snala
10-05-2017, 06:24 AM
snala: So - as I understand for the SUNA service (here in Australia, at east), the actual TMC data is transmitted over the commercial FM radio - it uses a harmonic of the stereo sub-frequency in the RDS signal (I think). The MIB unit (the module that lives in the glove box on a mk7 Golf) combines this information with the GPS data to locate the TMC data on the map that you see on the screen.

RDS also carries other data on the FM band - like the name of the song being played, or the weather information that is sometimes shown on some FM stations. So, if you have this information displayed, you probably already have a base level of this function activated.

Now we get to the difficult part - From my work with the MIB units on a mk7 Golf, I have found that the RDS function is enabled via Byte 13, Bit 3 on the 5F control module as per the VCDS screen shot below:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/VkooCDCpng-1.jpg

BUT - as you can see from the screen shot - there are lots of Bits on Byte 13 not shown with VCDS.

Here is a screen shot from my OBDeleven dongle for Byte 13 showing the Bit which refers to the same " RDS plus" facility as well as a basic RDS function and another reference to RDS on Byte 14 (boxed in yellow) - the reference to RDS plus on the second screen is a duplicate of that on the first screen

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/9j0hRcVpng1-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/WbiFDKMpng-1.jpg

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way of determining which Bits the OBD11 entries relate-to. So alas I can't make any definitive suggestions for your car. But you could try experimenting!

Don

Thanks Don. Will keep looking.
Interesting as I my brother in law and me had a tinker last night, He has the new 162TSI Tiguen so has been playing with that too and the two cars are a bit different. While mine has the 51 code for an Australian model my MIB unit is quite a bit different in spec overall as we were wondering why on the the radio settings mine doesn't show advanced settings as an options but everything else looks the same etc.
Driving over there last night I did however get one traffic message so it is in fact working so no TP reference as an option to disable anywhere but it did have the message and associated map. This morning showing nothing so I guess nothing loaded on SUNA this morning and I do wonder about the availability and useage in NZ too.

Another hint specifically for the 206 Passat only with LEDs currently and I would say 7.5 version Golf R and GTI is that when enabling light assist (which is pretty good I might add!) for cars with LED headlamps required a guess on the long coding that we couldn't see on our VDCS.
We had to change the longcoding in byte 2, last lines below, that was set at 1B to 1D. 1C which we could see referred xenons and light assist as below and looked like it was working until I tried it in the dark and I lost high beam.
So we tried 1D which wasn't an option we could see to select and it is working no problems.

To Activate High Beam Assist (Light Assist)
Open controller 09 - Central Electronics
Security Access 16 – enter 31347 and press Do It
Adaptation 10 – use channel drop down box, go to:
IDE08786-ENG116637-Assistance light functions-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent
Change Stored value from Not Present to present. Press Do It.

Open Controller A5 – Frnt Assist / Driver Assist
Security Access, use code suggested by VCDS
Go to Coding
Open Long Coding Helper
Go to Byte 2
Use drop down box to change to Light Assist. Default is Inactive. Exit. Do It

Go back to the Central Electronics module, enter the security code
Go to Coding, Long Coding Helper
Go to Byte 2
Change from Bi-Xenon w/o Light Assist to Bi-Xenon with Light Assist, Exit, Do It

kieranr
14-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Quick question, apologies if its a bit dumb: I have a Rosstech VCDS cable that I used on my 2013 Amarok Highline.
Will this cable be compatible with a 2017 Passat?

kamold
14-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Quick question, apologies if its a bit dumb: I have a Rosstech VCDS cable that I used on my 2013 Amarok Highline.
Will this cable be compatible with a 2017 Passat?
Yes

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

kieranr
14-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Yes

Excellent. Thank you!!

bunglebp
16-06-2017, 07:35 AM
Just have to say enabled RDS / TMC / VIM with ODB11 on my 2017 Passat 206 TSI...WOOHOO Thank you to this forum and thank you Kamold for the advice!!! :D

Razman10000
20-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Has anyone had any luck enabling Adaptive Lane Guidance?
I saw in the Tiguan pages the VCDS module information is there but is it expected that these will be the same for a Passat?

ope126
23-06-2017, 09:16 PM
So was able to get some assistance today with a Ross Tech VCDS Ver. 17.13 and we were able to activate the following;
- Instrument Gauge Cluster Sweep - neat...
- Restore Fan Speed indicator in "AUTO" mode - neat...
- Increased Sensitivity of the Throttle Pedal - AMAZING!!! This has made such a difference!
- Auto Hold Release Speed - Very Good!!! and in conjunction with the throttle pedal mod I can now drive with Auto Hold and it just drives away seamlessly!!!

We were unbale to do the following though;
- Activate High Beam Assist -I need this!!!
- Sat Nav Nag Screen
- Increase indicator from 3 to 4 blinks

Whenever we were in Controller A5 (07 - Coding) it would not accept without stating that we needed to exit / re-try or attempt to manually input. At this point we did not want to cause an issues so we left it as is.

Is there anyone in Brisbane (or surrounds) that has the knowledge with Long Coding to get the above working for me?

Wynnston
28-06-2017, 11:50 PM
Has anyone had any luck enabling Adaptive Lane Guidance?
I saw in the Tiguan pages the VCDS module information is there but is it expected that these will be the same for a Passat?

Odd. Mine is just on already. I don't recall having to use VCDS. It sits in the menu below Lane Keep Assist and I either tick it or not. Basically makes the car fairly autonomous on the open highway, it just gets ****ty if your hands aren't anywhere near the wheel for 10 seconds or so.

snala
29-06-2017, 06:27 AM
So was able to get some assistance today with a Ross Tech VCDS Ver. 17.13 and we were able to activate the following;
- Instrument Gauge Cluster Sweep - neat...
- Restore Fan Speed indicator in "AUTO" mode - neat...
- Increased Sensitivity of the Throttle Pedal - AMAZING!!! This has made such a difference!
- Auto Hold Release Speed - Very Good!!! and in conjunction with the throttle pedal mod I can now drive with Auto Hold and it just drives away seamlessly!!!

We were unbale to do the following though;
- Activate High Beam Assist -I need this!!!
- Sat Nav Nag Screen
- Increase indicator from 3 to 4 blinks

Whenever we were in Controller A5 (07 - Coding) it would not accept without stating that we needed to exit / re-try or attempt to manually input. At this point we did not want to cause an issues so we left it as is.

Is there anyone in Brisbane (or surrounds) that has the knowledge with Long Coding to get the above working for me?
We used Ross tech on Laptop to do ours and its pretty easy. See my post above for the high beam assist. You just have to change the numbers outside what is there as drop down options as it didn't have the LED option showing on ours. worse case it doesn't work and you change it back. Only relevant if you have a 206 TSI though and are trying to do high beam assist as the Xenon shutter option def doesn't work, you just lose high beam.

Wynnston
29-06-2017, 09:13 AM
We used Ross tech on Laptop to do ours and its pretty easy. See my post above for the high beam assist. You just have to change the numbers outside what is there as drop down options as it didn't have the LED option showing on ours. worse case it doesn't work and you change it back. Only relevant if you have a 206 TSI though and are trying to do high beam assist as the Xenon shutter option def doesn't work, you just lose high beam.

Is the throttle pedal sensitivity mod the one where you tell it you have an "Audi" engine? I've heard mixed reports about it causing issues with ABS units...

ope126
29-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Is the throttle pedal sensitivity mod the one where you tell it you have an "Audi" engine? I've heard mixed reports about it causing issues with ABS units...

Yes, and no issues to report...Just a more sensitive pedal!

Razman10000
30-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Odd. Mine is just on already. I don't recall having to use VCDS. It sits in the menu below Lane Keep Assist and I either tick it or not. Basically makes the car fairly autonomous on the open highway, it just gets ****ty if your hands aren't anywhere near the wheel for 10 seconds or so.

Sorry Wynnston, I should clarify.
The standard lane assist kind of pinballs the car in between the lines. Apparently there is an option on the Tiguan's to enable Adaptive Lane Assist which keeps the car more centrally to the lines.

Wynnston
30-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Yes. It's called Adaptive Lane Guidance and it's just a menu option on mine. I'll try and remember to take a photo for you :)

Wynnston
30-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Thanks Don. Will keep looking.
Interesting as I my brother in law and me had a tinker last night, He has the new 162TSI Tiguen so has been playing with that too and the two cars are a bit different. While mine has the 51 code for an Australian model my MIB unit is quite a bit different in spec overall as we were wondering why on the the radio settings mine doesn't show advanced settings as an options but everything else looks the same etc.
Driving over there last night I did however get one traffic message so it is in fact working so no TP reference as an option to disable anywhere but it did have the message and associated map. This morning showing nothing so I guess nothing loaded on SUNA this morning and I do wonder about the availability and useage in NZ too.

Another hint specifically for the 206 Passat only with LEDs currently and I would say 7.5 version Golf R and GTI is that when enabling light assist (which is pretty good I might add!) for cars with LED headlamps required a guess on the long coding that we couldn't see on our VDCS.
We had to change the longcoding in byte 2, last lines below, that was set at 1B to 1D. 1C which we could see referred xenons and light assist as below and looked like it was working until I tried it in the dark and I lost high beam.
So we tried 1D which wasn't an option we could see to select and it is working no problems.

To Activate High Beam Assist (Light Assist)
Open controller 09 - Central Electronics
Security Access 16 – enter 31347 and press Do It
Adaptation 10 – use channel drop down box, go to:
IDE08786-ENG116637-Assistance light functions-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent
Change Stored value from Not Present to present. Press Do It.

Open Controller A5 – Frnt Assist / Driver Assist
Security Access, use code suggested by VCDS
Go to Coding
Open Long Coding Helper
Go to Byte 2
Use drop down box to change to Light Assist. Default is Inactive. Exit. Do It

Go back to the Central Electronics module, enter the security code
Go to Coding, Long Coding Helper
Go to Byte 2
Change from Bi-Xenon w/o Light Assist to Bi-Xenon with Light Assist, Exit, Do It

Odd. I have no Long Coding available on my Central Electrics Module, I mean I click on it but I can't do much (nothing is labelled). It's a 206. Did it work for you, or have you just copied and pasted that from somewhere?

kamold
30-06-2017, 06:44 PM
That means vcds doesn't have a descriptor file for that BCM part number. Have you updated to the latest beta 17.6?

Wynnston
30-06-2017, 06:48 PM
That means vcds doesn't have a descriptor file for that BCM part number. Have you updated to the latest beta 17.6?

Ah, yep. That will be it. Didn't realise you guys were using the BETA. I am just using the standard release version.

Wynnston
30-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Ah, yep. That will be it. Didn't realise you guys were using the BETA. I am just using the standard release version.

Looks like I lucked out, I just tried the BETA, still no options.

kamold
30-06-2017, 09:22 PM
If it's too new you should email rosstech with the info so that they can start compiling the data required to build a label file.

Wynnston
30-06-2017, 09:41 PM
It's really odd, I have the first delivered 206 in Western Australia, if it works for another 206 I would have thought it would for mine. This is the actual error I get.

kamold
30-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Haven't seen that.
Email RossTech

DV52
01-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Haven't seen that.
Email RossTech

kamold: forgive my interference and I most certainly don't profess to be an expert on the Passat, but I note that Wynnston's details indicates that his Passat is a 2017 build.

On the other MQB platform vehicle with which I am more familiar (Golf mk7), the boffins @ VW made substantial changes to the database architecture of the BCM on MY17 cars. Importantly for Wynnston's observations, the latest MY17 BCMs on the Golf do not report any code-string values. What has happened in the latest generation BCMs, is that the software switches that were in Byte/Bits are now in the device's adaptation channels.

Is this a possible explanation for this problem? Has anyone made an admap of these newer BCM on the Passat and checked if the old code string switches appear in the adaptation channel descriptors (likely in German)?

Don

kamold
01-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Thanks Don,
That would explain it.
Not owning an mqb platform car I don't get a chance to see them often.
My Passat doesn't even have a BCM, it still has a CECM. I'm Rockin it old school ;)

DV52
01-07-2017, 10:18 AM
^^^Wow - and I assume that your car doesn't have a CAN bus either? hmm............ might be time to throw some money @ your local dealer (perhaps)? :facepalm:

Don

kamold
01-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Got CAN modules up the wazoo- CECM is just an earlier version of the BCM.
Would happily accept all contributions towards an mqb car of my very own ;)

snala
03-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Odd. I have no Long Coding available on my Central Electrics Module, I mean I click on it but I can't do much (nothing is labelled). It's a 206. Did it work for you, or have you just copied and pasted that from somewhere?

Yes it worked for us. Main menu is in German the sub menu drop down boxes under byte 2 are easier to read as above. It just stopped and does not go down further than Bi-xenon as options which is why we guessed and just made up a number where LEDs would be in the sequence and it worked.
My car is older than yours though as I am in NZ. Mine was new in March 2016 so is running Golf 7 which differs from the latest Tiguen 162TSI as we have one of those too.

Wynnston
03-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Yes it worked for us. Main menu is in German the sub menu drop down boxes under byte 2 are easier to read as above. It just stopped and does not go down further than Bi-xenon as options which is why we guessed and just made up a number where LEDs would be in the sequence and it worked.
My car is older than yours though as I am in NZ. Mine was new in March 2016 so is running Golf 7 which differs from the latest Tiguen 162TSI as we have one of those too.

Yep, I can confirm that there are no Coding options for my BCM, it's all done through adaptations.

I've gotten High Beam Assist to work now. I just did everything minus the CECM/BCM coding part and it works. Well... the icon comes up and it doesn't fault. I just need to find a road that I can do > 70km/h on that's dark. I live in the middle of the city so it might be a while until I do that :)

snala
04-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Yep, I can confirm that there are no Coding options for my BCM, it's all done through adaptations.

I've gotten High Beam Assist to work now. I just did everything minus the CECM/BCM coding part and it works. Well... the icon comes up and it doesn't fault. I just need to find a road that I can do > 70km/h on that's dark. I live in the middle of the city so it might be a while until I do that :)

Good stuff. Its quite handy on certain roads. If the high beam actually still comes on when you pull the stalk back i.e flashes, it should work if the icon is coming up. Mine it looked like it was working with the icon and blue high beam light but the high beam shutters were actually disabled until we selected LEDs vs the Zenons. We did it during the day so didn't notice the lights weren't actually changing :facepalm:

DV52
05-07-2017, 05:02 PM

Wynnston: Ok, then the Passat is exactly the same as the newest mk7 (not surprising-perhaps?). Have you made a adaptation channel map of the BCM on your car yet? If so, any chance that I can get a copy -please?

Don

mikeb27rs
18-07-2017, 09:13 PM
Hi, I have a White MY17 2016 Passat R-line with sunroof, I love it but I hate not having Traffic Information and hate stop start.
What equipment/cable/software do you have to make the changes. I want to get one so I can change my Passat.
Any help would be great.
Thanks - Mike

mikeb27rs
18-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Hi, I have a White MY17 2016 Passat R-line with sunroof, I love it but I hate not having Traffic Information and hate stop start.
What equipment/cable/software do you have to make the changes. I want to get one so I can change my Passat.
Any help would be great.
Thanks - Mike

DV52
19-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Any help would be great.
Thanks - Mike

Mike: hi
As to your question about Traffic Information, this should be relatively easy to enable - it's just a matter of setting a software switch in one of the control modules in the car like THIS (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mk7-golf-tsi-tdi-observations-questions-84967-post1038915.html#post1038915]THIS[/URL].As to your question about Start Stop, there are a couple of ways of doing this. You could buy an "add-on" device like [URL="https://www.kufatec.com.au/shop/en/diagnostic-tools/kufatec-diagnostic-coding-dongle/volkswagen-audi/coding-interface-disable-start-stop),

As to your question about Start Stop, you could buy a third party device like THIS (https://www.kufatec.com.au/shop/en/diagnostic-tools/kufatec-diagnostic-coding-dongle/volkswagen-audi/coding-interface-disable-start-stop), or you could make a simple device like THIS (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/golf-mk7-auto-start-stop-disable-switch-who-wants-help-108932.html#post1154903). But - given that you will need access to a diagnostic for the Traffic Management tweak, the easiest method would be to also use the cable to do THIS (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/disable-stop-start-vcds-tweak-94276.html#post1032492).

Don't be concerned that the information that I have provided relates to Golf mk7. Your Passat is built on a MQB platform - like the Golf and it therefore shares a similar CAN network topology making it likely that the same tweaks will be useable

Don

Diegothecat
31-07-2017, 02:43 AM
Ive have been able to make massive changes to the LCD dashboard. I can choose from 4 different gauges types some with a higher top speed of 320kph. I have also given the dash a selectable 10 colour choice mod to the digital dash. Each of the 10 colours can be completely adjusted to your liking. Each has 255 point for red green and blue value, so its infinite the colour options available. This also carries through to the touch screen display, where the colour options can be adjusted. Unfortunitly I cant give this info away for free, sorry. Pm me and if you in Brisbane I can help you to do this.

Im sorry I cant remember ATM what the coding is for all the below mods but I will be re doing my car as it has to go to VW next week and they will be resetting everything so I can take notes when I do these mods again.

I've modded the sunroof, so it opens fully with one press and the sun shade operated independently of the glass roof, it too opens all the way with one press. Also closes and opens from key.

Turn off ignition with the key, this only works with the engine off but the car in accessories mode at this stage, but Im working on being able to turn the car on and off via the remote.

Rear indicators and parker lights cycle in differing light phases as I did this as when the lights are activated the red parker light goes off and stays off when the indicators where engaged. i though that it looked weird.

Rear outer red led light flashes with indicators, as rear indicators are just not bright enough. But when braking the lights default back to brake lights.

Mirror indicators operate in the dark phase of the main indicators.

Center brake light used as a rear parker light.

High beam assist with auto retention of the high beam setting. also changed the reaction speed of the high beam assist function. Also included range control.

Adapted the windows to keep going up even after the drivers door has been opened.

When the engine turns off the drivers seat moves back automatically so its easier to get in and out of the car.

If you want to turn off all traction aids and I mean have them absolutely disengaged for track use or maybe skid pan. This was done by faulting the steering angle sensor. This is easy to rectify once the traction aids are required again, just carry out the basic setting for the steering angle sensor and it all comes back.

When boot is open, I have codded the reverse lights to be on full.

Dropped the licence plate light to 20% so its a little harder to see lol.

Added strong front differential grip through cornering, no more traction control preventing power to the wheel when it starts to spin.

Removed the vibration control of the engine, this was causing issues under launch control. It now pulls harder in 1st and 2nd.

Adjusted the preload on the ABS so the brake peddle feels much harder and uses less effort when braking.

Brightened headlights and DTRL's from 10v to 12.7v output, this makes a massive difference to the headlight and high beam output.

Added traffic sigh recognition, I love this, this also comes with an over the speed limit warning which I wish I used before my 3 speeding tickets in less than 5 weeks and all for over 20 kph the limit grrr.

Added trailer stability control and supposedly this will also work with park assist, so the car will park the trailer when needed.

Changed the output volume of any of the inputs on the stereo, as i found that after installing a sub in the spare wheel the speakers topped out around the middle of the volume adjustment. This caused them to be no were near loud enough but lucky these are all controllable.

Added adjustability to most of the driver aids through the touch screen.

Iv also made an excel file with all the German words translated to English for all of the control modules. It makes it so much easier to change things when you actually know what it is you are changing lol. God I spent some time on this one but please PM me if you would like a copy.

One thing I've been trying to achieve but have had no luck so far. Is getting the rear tail lights to flash in cycle with the brake lights. As the tail lights are horizontal and the brake are vertical, I think it would be cool to have this happen. If anyone could shine some light onto how this can be done i would be greatly appreciated.

ope126
31-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Well done with the above mentioned mods mate! :banana:
PM Sent...

DV52
31-07-2017, 08:35 AM
Dieago: Hi - sounds like you have been a busy boy! Without intending any offense, we clearly have completely different views about using these type of forums and making data available to other forum members (for free) and I can entirely understand that your personal IP is the something that you have a right to keep (no offense intended - we just view this matter differently).

Fact is though that much of this stuff is readily translatable from tweaks from other MQB platform vehicles albeit that I have no doubt that you have probably made new discoveries regarding the B8. This means that information of the type related to the tweaks in your list really only have a very short term value - because fairly quickly after someone announces these changes in these forums, someone else will figure-out how to replicate the changes (it's simply the nature of community forums like this).

Incidentally, if you are missing any English translations from the BCM (or Central electrics module if you are using OBD11) adaptation channels, then I've made a long list available for the Golf mk7 HERE (https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqt24tmzzsk58h3/BCM_Compare_8_9.xlsx?dl=0). The mk7 is one of those MQB platform vehicles, so many adaption channels should be similar (look at the "Child" part of the name in the channel descriptor - because newer model BCMs had a database change to the "Parent" name).

As for your specific question, the changes that you want to make should be available in the Leuchte20BR LA71 (left-side outer tail) and Leuchte21BR RC8 (right-side outer tail) Leuchte-sets. My understanding is that in the B8, thsee two lamps have a fairly simple programming, so it should be easy to add the turn-signal command to get your requirements (make sure that you think about what priority order you want in the conflict situation where both turn-signals and brake lights are switched-on).

If you need further help. simply paste a copy of one of these Leutche-sets here and I'll add the changes (or better still, load the admap file on a third party hosting site and include a link here so that we can all have a look at data settings - or I can include a link for an admap for the B8 from the RT forum if you want)

Don

Diegothecat
31-07-2017, 09:02 AM
Yea Don I get what your saying, but u need to read closer as I'm happy to give info on all my mods except the dash lights.

I just can't remember where they are off the top of my head and I will fill in the how too when I redo them all in a week or so.

Thanks for the info. But I'm trying to get my brake and park lights to flash in conjunction while braking.
I think messing with switching off brake lights while in use is the issue.

Wynnston
01-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Do you have pictures of the different gauge styles? Particularly interested if it can look similar to the Arteon gauges which look a lot nicer.

Diegothecat
01-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Do you have pictures of the different gauge styles? Particularly interested if it can look similar to the Arteon gauges which look a lot nicer.

Yea thats one of the options but IMO there is a better one. This is the one Im using. Sorry for the blurry pic I dont think the person taking the pic was concentrating totally on their photography skills.

They look better with a different background colour but I am unable to get a pic atm sorry.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/2017062620111021202_zpsw8tvgyu6-1.jpg

Diegothecat
01-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Here is a little vid of the start up function with a different colour.

Dropbox - Start up in gold .mp4 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/68xr01q0pgbawu0/Start%20up%20in%20gold%20.mp4?dl=0) one in gold

Dropbox - Purple Dash Lights.mp4 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/c295uilrhxwrwk7/Purple%20Dash%20Lights.mp4?dl=0) one in purple

But with the stock gauges.

DV52 Im not trying to make a profit or try and be reimbursed for my time and effort. I feel more that Im not quite ready to give up all of my secrets that Ive worked very hard on to make my car one that is different from the pack. Seeing that the only real differences between my 206 Passat model car and other factory vehicles is the option to have the vehicle fitted with or without a sunroof. I'll happily give a hearty thumbs up to the next person to figure out the coding and adaptations for this mod, as it is inevitable this is for sure.

In the pursuit of doing all of my mods, they didn't come without a cost to me or my cars. Weeks of work has gone into learning, trying and failing and in some cases requiring the manufacture to rectify the issues that I have created which has happened many times on various mods. As this video just shows that they dont always go to plan.

Dropbox - Many Farkups.mp4 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6xaub00wfw089p/Many%20Farkups.mp4?dl=0)

mikeb27rs
02-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Hi, I have done this on my Passat R and now works fine, thank you.
How do I get the traffic congestion overlay on the map, I had this on my 2014 Golf R and it was great to avoid congested routes.
Here in Melbourne you need it.
Thanks, Mike

mikeb27rs
02-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Hi Don

That worked great, thank you. One more question if I may, now that I have Traffic announcements, how do I turn on traffic congestion so it shows a red line on the map wheret here is a delay, I had this on my Golf R MK7, in Melbourne you need this.
Many thanks, Mike

Wynnston
02-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Hi Don

That worked great, thank you. One more question if I may, now that I have Traffic announcements, how do I turn on traffic congestion so it shows a red line on the map wheret here is a delay, I had this on my Golf R MK7, in Melbourne you need this.
Many thanks, Mike

I seemed to only get this after updating the maps.

Wynnston
02-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Yea thats one of the options but IMO there is a better one. This is the one Im using. Sorry for the blurry pic I dont think the person taking the pic was concentrating totally on their photography skills.

They look better with a different background colour but I am unable to get a pic atm sorry.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/2017062620111021202_zpsw8tvgyu6-1.jpg

Ok, you have me interested. How would one go about paying to get this done. I am in another state so you'd probably have to send me the instructions...?

DV52
03-08-2017, 11:09 AM
In the pursuit of doing all of my mods, they didn't come without a cost to me or my cars. Weeks of work has gone into learning, trying and failing and in some cases requiring the manufacture to rectify the issues that I have created which has happened many times on various mods. As this video just shows that they dont always go to plan.

Dropbox - Many Farkups.mp4 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6xaub00wfw089p/Many%20Farkups.mp4?dl=0)

Diego: Alas that's the inevitable plight for what psychologists call "an early adopter" - just goes with the territory!! :rolleyes:

........ and that's why it's ALWAYS a very, very, very good idea to make a complete database of ALL the settings for the 5,000-ish adaptation channels and the code-strings for the control modules in their VIRGIN state - i.e. before making any changes to the car.

The CAN network for the previous version Passat was of the traditional type that is familiar to many forum colleagues here. However, when the B8 was transferred to the MQB platform, UDS/ODX protocols were introduced to the modules and the CAN topology was fundamentally altered. This enable much greater flexibility like the Active Display feature in your videos, which is really only possible because the dashboard module in the B8 uses VW's MOST technology (i.e. optic fiber) to drive the display.

Unfortunately, with the increased flexibility comes increased complexity - that's why it's very, very, very handy to have a complete database of settings for when the brown stuff and the fan collide! And, it's not a matter of "if" a tweak goes pear-shape - it's a matter of "when" - and when this happens (as it inevitably will happen), the database is worth every minute that was spent creating it!!

Don

DV52
03-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Hi Don

That worked great, thank you. One more question if I may, now that I have Traffic announcements, how do I turn on traffic congestion so it shows a red line on the map where there is a delay, I had this on my Golf R MK7, in Melbourne you need this.
Many thanks, Mike

Mike: well done with the TMC tweak.

As for your question, I suspect that Wynnston's reply is correct. The visual display link between the SATNAV screen and the TMC facility is in the software. I'm not aware of any code-string, or adaptation channel software-switches for this. If Wynnston can tell you his software version, you might check yours

Don

Wynnston
03-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Mike: well done with the TMC tweak.

As for your question, I suspect that Wynnston's reply is correct. The visual display link between the SATNAV screen and the TMC facility is in the software. I'm not aware of any code-string, or adaptation channel software-switches for this. If Wynnston can tell you his software version, you might check yours

Don

If it helps this is where I got my latest maps from. They are provided by Here which is part of Navteq. Not sure why they are free but from what I can tell they are legitimate. VW_APAC_Pro_MIB2_New (http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqAPAC-Site/en_GB/-/EUR/View-Promo?Page=VW_APAC_Pro_MIB2_New&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light)

kamold
03-08-2017, 07:52 PM
They are free because you are entitled to 3 years of map updates.

bunglebp
08-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Heya all I have a 2017 206TSI R-Line and am wondering how to change the color of the ambient lighting, I have OBDeleven, if anyone can assist? Id love to be able to select some colors from the infotainemnt system?

Wynnston
10-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Heya all I have a 2017 206TSI R-Line and am wondering how to change the color of the ambient lighting, I have OBDeleven, if anyone can assist? Id love to be able to select some colors from the infotainemnt system?

It's static white. The LED's required for changing colour are the RGB LED's and they are a different part. You could probably retrofit but it wouldn't be cheap. I have to replace one of the trim inserts on my door and it's $550.

Skoda729
16-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Is there anyway of getting the POI and Speed Limit shown on the digital dashboard. Traffic works well, and shows up on dashboard, when close enough to spot.

Hugo_nz
16-08-2017, 07:53 PM
I get an error when trying to access module A5. Im using the correct code...but gives an error every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wynnston
17-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Check to make sure it's not thrown any codes. Sometimes you need to clear codes before trying to access it.

DV52
18-08-2017, 05:48 PM
I get an error when trying to access module A5. Im using the correct code...but gives an error every time.

Hugo: what access code are you using?

I assume that you are aware that control modules get cranky if you input an incorrect access code - they won't respond to any other attempt to enter a new security code for a period of time (5-20 minutes) -measured with the ignition turrned on.

Don

Hugo_nz
18-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Hugo: what access code are you using?

I assume that you are aware that control modules get cranky if you input an incorrect access code - they won't respond to any other attempt to enter a new security code for a period of time (5-20 minutes) -measured with the ignition turrned on.

Don

Got it working thanks. Cleared the app data and it accepted the 20103 code :-)

Have you done any coding on the ACC module?

Hugo_nz
20-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Got the fancy-pants sport theme on the AID :-)

Dash Board (17) -> Adaption -> Tube_version -> Variant 4 (Default for me was Variant_2)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/2984ca2d68ae7007d5b88daad7a94480-1.jpg

Wynnston
21-08-2017, 09:29 PM

Dash Board (17) -> Adaption -> Tube_version -> Variant 4 (Default for me was Variant_2)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/2984ca2d68ae7007d5b88daad7a94480-1.jpg

Dammit. I can't see that option. Did you enter a security code or something?

Are you using VCDS or another tool?

Hugo_nz
22-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Dammit. I can't see that option. Did you enter a security code or something?

Are you using VCDS or another tool?

I'm using OBDEleven.

Wynnston
22-08-2017, 05:02 PM
I'm using OBDEleven.

Anyone in Perth with OBDEleven want a few beers ?

Diegothecat
22-08-2017, 05:40 PM
congrats, shame its only on the obd11,m i cant find it on the old rt cable.

they look way better then the stock ones.

el1x
22-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Anyone in Perth with OBDEleven want a few beers ?

So should I be buying the OBDEleven or VCDS!?

tigger73
22-08-2017, 11:27 PM
So should I be buying the OBDEleven or VCDS!?

VCDS lets you change everything.

OBD11 is only what the developers have implemented. So if there's something that you want to change and it hasn't been written yet you have to wait until the functionality is written to support it.

But OBD11 is about 1/4-1/3 the price...

Jimi
22-08-2017, 11:31 PM
Is it possible then to change the AID layout with VCDS?

Diegothecat
23-08-2017, 12:02 AM
Obd11 but it's nice to have both. But the 11 is only $75 vs $450 or something like that.

el1x
23-08-2017, 12:02 AM
VCDS lets you change everything.

OBD11 is only what the developers have implemented. So if there's something that you want to change and it hasn't been written yet you have to wait until the functionality is written to support it.

But OBD11 is about 1/4-1/3 the price...

It seems the app that accompanies OBDEleven supports Android devices only?

Or have I missed something?

Hugo_nz
23-08-2017, 04:35 AM
It seems the app that accompanies OBDEleven supports Android devices only?

Or have I missed something?

Yes only Android. I think This has to do with Apple limiting serial connection functionality of Bluetooth in iOS

Diegothecat
23-08-2017, 02:20 PM
It's about time apple missed out, serves them right for flooding the world with inferior products which are made to seem better but I truly ****. I left my two cents

mythik
27-09-2017, 08:58 AM
So. Spent a bit of time last night making High Beam Assist work on a 2016 VW Passat Alltrack.

These instructions apply for anything with the Adaptive Cruise / Lane Keeping assist hardware that also has LED headlights with AFS. This seems to be where people go wrong as none of the traditional coding nor VCDS that has been available caters for peeps who have LED headlights that have AFS.

Before starting this set the headlight switch to the off position.

Step 1. Open VCDS, make sure it's the latest version.
Step 2. Do an autoscan of your car and save the existing coding. If you **** this up, you can revert the coding of any module back how it was. If you do not know how to do an autoscan, stop at this point. The following steps are capable if incorrectly done of bricking your car. Proceed only if you are comfortable with VCDS.
All good? Okay!
Step 3. Open 09 Central Electric module and click security access. Enter in 31347
Step 4. Open Coding menu and look at the Current coding. Copy that fully and paste it into the New Coding window below. You need to change the coding from 1C to 1D as shown in the final version in the picture so you can see where 1D is and where yours will show 1C
Step 5. Click Do It! If it asks if you want to write workshop values to a module say no, try the built in ones.
Step 6. Go to Adaptations and find IDE08786-ENG116637-Assistance light functions-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent and change it to present then click Do it!
Step 9. Go out of 09 Central Electrics module and enter A5-Frt Sens. Drv. Assistant module then go to coding. Change Byte 20 Bit 5-7 so it reads 20 Light Assist (AFS): High Beam Assistant (HBA)

Boom, you just enabled High Beam Assist. Go you good thing.
It will look like this;

ope126
27-09-2017, 12:35 PM
Mythik, that is a great write up!
To date I have been unable to get this to work either (with LED headlights) but with these clear instructions, we should finally be onto a winner!!!:banana:

mythik
28-09-2017, 02:50 PM
Mythik, that is a great write up!
To date I have been unable to get this to work either (with LED headlights) but with these clear instructions, we should finally be onto a winner!!!:banana:

Please give this a go and let us know how you fair.

Jap
30-09-2017, 07:47 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk gti clocks 😉

DR074
30-09-2017, 09:13 AM
works for me

vwcaddy123
10-10-2017, 03:39 AM

How do you change the dials with VCDS to the new "Arteon" 320 km/h look? I may only change the centre of the AID, i.e. the "dots" on each side of the centre of the AID with my VCDS latest version? I have 4 options to choose from, mine is also default number 2. My Passat B8 is a Highline - does it have to be an R-Line model to function?

ope126
12-10-2017, 11:40 AM
So. Spent a bit of time last night making High Beam Assist work on a 2016 VW Passat Alltrack.

These instructions apply for anything with the Adaptive Cruise / Lane Keeping assist hardware that also has LED headlights with AFS. This seems to be where people go wrong as none of the traditional coding nor VCDS that has been available caters for peeps who have LED headlights that have AFS.

Before starting this set the headlight switch to the off position.

Step 2. Do an autoscan of your car and save the existing coding. If you **** this up, you can revert the coding of any module back how it was. If you do not know how to do an autoscan, stop at this point. The following steps are capable if incorrectly done of bricking your car. Proceed only if you are comfortable with VCDS.
All good? Okay!
Step 3. Open 09 Central Electric module and click security access. Enter in 31347
Step 4. Open Coding menu and look at the Current coding. Copy that fully and paste it into the New Coding window below. You need to change the coding from 1C to 1D as shown in the final version in the picture so you can see where 1D is and where yours will show 1C
Step 5. Click Do It! If it asks if you want to write workshop values to a module say no, try the built in ones.
Step 6. Go to Adaptations and find IDE08786-ENG116637-Assistance light functions-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent and change it to present then click Do it!
Step 9. Go out of 09 Central Electrics module and enter A5-Frt Sens. Drv. Assistant module then go to coding. Change Byte 20 Bit 5-7 so it reads 20 Light Assist (AFS): High Beam Assistant (HBA)

Boom, you just enabled High Beam Assist. Go you good thing.
It will look like this;

Thanks mythik, I got it to work!!! :banana:

mythik
13-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Yet again, spent a bit of time last night making Dynamic Road Sign Display work on a 2016 VW Passat Alltrack. It works perfectly.

These instructions apply for anything with the Adaptive Cruise and Lane Keeping assist hardware in AU that is '16 onwards and has MIB2 Discover Pro installed.

Before starting this you need to accept that from time to time you'll get an error saying "Dynamic Road Sign Display Function Restricted" on the dash cluster if the camera can't see the signs clearly, something gets in the way or its underpants are just on incorrectly at that moment as we are in RoW / Australia. If you search around european forums people who have this enabled from factory in a country approved for it get this message from time to time as well. Want the feature and don't care about a warning? Read on! The warning doesn't cause any error codes within the system, it's just an advisory.

All good? Okay!
Step 3. Open up module A5, click on security access. Enter in 20103 and press Do It! This grants you access to the next part.
Step 4. Now you're authorized in A5, go into Coding helper and select Byte 16, then tick Bit 4. Click Exit then Do it!
Step 5. Go into Adaptations in A5, Select IDE04733-Road sign detection fusion mode. Change this to Road sign detection and press Do It!
Step 6. Go into the 5F module, go to coding, look at Byte 24 and ensure Bit 6 is selected. It was enabled on mine (and it also had no map for this module). It's a requirement and worth checking it's ticked already. If not, tick it, select exit, select Do it!
Step 7. Go into 5F module adaptations, go to ENG122229-ENG117754-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 and set it to activated then select do it!
Step 8. Go into 5F module adaptations, go to ENG122227-ENG117636-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_road_sign_identification and select activated then select do it!
Step 9. Go into module 17, select coding, change Byte 5 and enable bit 2. Select exit then Do it!
Step 10. Clear any error codes that occured along the way in VCDS. Turn the car off, lock it, go for a walk. Let all the modules go to sleep.
Step 11. Take the car for a drive and watch as the speed signs are detected by the camera as you whizz past them and shown up in the centre cluster on atop the speed area.

D4rk4n63l
28-10-2017, 07:30 AM
could anyone share the factory autoscan for 2016 B8 Passat 140TDI R-Line if possible? I lost my hard drive and after tweaking some stuff, the drivers assistance menu now not responding :(

Diegothecat
28-10-2017, 10:19 AM
How do you change the dials with VCDS to the new "Arteon" 320 km/h look? I may only change the centre of the AID, i.e. the "dots" on each side of the centre of the AID with my VCDS latest version? I have 4 options to choose from, mine is also default number 2. My Passat B8 is a Highline - does it have to be an R-Line model to function?

Hey bud look me up and Ill try and help.

Jap
29-10-2017, 06:03 AM

Dashboard
Adaptation
Scroll to the bottom to tube_version
0-5 (I think, all have differences from dash's to R clocks (as pictured))

pyridinite
01-11-2017, 01:50 AM
Is there anyone in the Melbourne area willing to do a few of these tweaks with some beers/wine in return? Looking specifically for traffic/sign recognition but if there's any other mods people would recommend I'm all ears.

vwcaddy123
06-11-2017, 05:54 AM
Dashboard
Adaptation
Scroll to the bottom to tube_version
0-5 (I think, all have differences from dash's to R clocks (as pictured))

Thanks for your answer - but are you using OBDEleven or VCDS?

Jap
06-11-2017, 06:04 AM
Thanks for your answer - but are you using OBDEleven or VCDS? eleven dude

vwcaddy123
06-11-2017, 06:14 AM
eleven dude

Thanks, man! Brilliant!! Cheers!

Dark975
14-12-2017, 03:59 AM
Thanks for your answer - but are you using OBDEleven or VCDS?

On some page I found the below instruction to change the look of AID to be like Arteon 320 km/h look, but I do not see any channel named like that when I enter adaptation in instruments at my 2017 Passat B8 ? I am using VCDS. Thanks.

Select Control unit 17-Instruments
Adaptation - 10
Channel: ENG153766-Tube_version
Change stored value: "variant_0" to new value: "variant_4"

Jap
14-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Oh, to get the dots on the AID is not under tube version,
for the dots its
Module 17 dash board
Adaptation
Display depiction
Default is 1
Change to 3

BUT it also changes the colour of the lines to gold/orange and the lines on the MIB stay the default colour unless you have colour change in the settings of the MIB under background lighting, or you have enabled it

all done with OBDeleven as I don’t have vcds

Dark975
14-12-2017, 10:32 PM
Hi. If this was for me, I am not asking about the dots. I am asking about showing the speedometer top speed as 320.

Oh, to get the dots on the AID is not under tube version,
for the dots its
Module 17 dash board
Adaptation
Display depiction
Default is 1
Change to 3

BUT it also changes the colour of the lines to gold/orange and the lines on the MIB stay the default colour unless you have colour change in the settings of the MIB under background lighting, or you have enabled it

all done with OBDeleven as I don’t have vcds

Jap
15-12-2017, 03:15 AM
You’ll have to change the tube version to 3 (I think) to get the R clocks

DV52
15-12-2017, 08:58 AM

mythik: It might be interesting to understand why your observational instructions have worked - I hope the following explains this!

If you look closer at your picture of the VCDS screen above, you will notice that your highlighted piece of the code-string for the BCM is the 5th & 6th digit from the LHS. This means that you have highlighted Byte 2 (remembering that the extreme left-hand-side pair of digits in your picture is Byte 0).

So, according to your instructions, your original Byte 2 value was hex1C, which has the equivalent binary value 0001 1100. And, you have changed the value of this byte to hex1D, which has the equivalent binary value 0001 1101. This means that you have altered Bits 0 and Bit 1 in Byte 2 (remember that in binary, the extreme RHS digit is Bit 0 and the extreme LHS digit is Bit 7)

Specifically, the change that you have made to Byte 2 is this:

Original Bits 0-1 = hex0
New Bits 0-1 = hex1

The Long coding Helper screen for Bits 0, Bit 1 on Byte 2 looks like this:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/12/eUP1kESpng-1.jpg

Translating the options into English yields this:

hex0 =Halogen
hex1=Halogen_main_beam_assist
hex2=Xenon_AFS
hex3=Xenon_AFS_and_main_beam_assist
hex4=Bi-xenon_AFS
hex5=Bi-xenon_AFS_and_main_beam_assist
hex6=Bi-xenon_AFS_and_MDF_GLW

AFS, (Advanced Frontlighting System)-dynamic cornering light (via the cornering light CAN bus)
FLA (Main beam assist) Assistance system which supports the driver when changing from main beam to low beam headlights, in order to prevent dazzling other road users

hence -why your tweak works!!

Don

Dark975
15-12-2017, 09:54 AM
That's the problem. With OBDeleven I guess you have this "tube version" option, but if you are using VCDS like me and a few others there is no "tube version" under adaptation. We only see "display depiction" which does not help to get the R clocks.

You’ll have to change the tube version to 3 (I think) to get the R clocks

Jap
15-12-2017, 09:47 PM
As I’ve said dude, I’ve not got vcds, so really can’t help you on that, sorry

DV52
15-12-2017, 09:51 PM
^^hmm............ VCP can find the adaptation channel!!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/12/208901183w988h558png-1.jpg

and so can OBD11

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/12/Screenshot_20171105165619thumbpngd79c56e-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/12/Screenshot_20171105165627png52c662e62336-1.jpg

So why can't VCDS?

Does anyone who has found this illusive adaptation channel using a a non VDCS device , also have a VCDS device? If so, can they make an admap of the module @ address Hex17 and post it up here?

Don

Jap
15-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Would it be in German?
Röhrenversion

Dark975
16-12-2017, 01:19 AM
Let me check this tonight on VCDS. I want this one bad :) Thanks to both of you for trying to help Don and Jap.

Would it be in German?
Röhrenversion

Wynnston
16-12-2017, 09:34 AM
That's the problem. With OBDeleven I guess you have this "tube version" option, but if you are using VCDS like me and a few others there is no "tube version" under adaptation. We only see "display depiction" which does not help to get the R clocks.

Tube Version shows in the latest Beta of VCDS.

Dark975
17-12-2017, 03:47 AM
nope about Röhrenversion, I am using vcds 17.8.0. I will try to check with never version.

Let me check this tonight on VCDS. I want this one bad :) Thanks to both of you for trying to help Don and Jap.

Blackpaladin67
21-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Hi Peps New Arteon owner interested in turn on some of German model features which are locked out. Happy to shout ya a carton of choice here on the Gold Coast.

Wynnston
24-12-2017, 03:00 PM
So I wanted to enable the RGB colour change option for the instrument colours as per post 248 on this page
Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815-25.html)

I followed the directions and I seem to only get 1 choice. I can also only select All Areas the Footwell or the Doors. All of the RGB settings are defined and the directions have been followed exactly.

Has anyone had any luck getting it to work with their Passat?

DR074
24-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Hi Wynnston

Cold Boot MIB Unit
Hold down left button for 10 seconds (or so)
Wait for restart

Reset Background Lighting Setting in MIB
with MIB on, goto the below;
Menu > Vehicle > Settings > Factory Reset > Background Lighting > Reset

Then go into the Background Lighting settings, and the 10 colours you chose should be there.

This worked on mine

Hope this helps

Wynnston
24-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Awesome!!! That did the trick. Now I'll set it to the funky display depiction 3 and it will look sweet as :)

Thank you for your assistance!

Jap
25-12-2017, 05:16 AM
So I wanted to enable the RGB colour change option for the instrument colours as per post 248 on this page
Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815-25.html)

I followed the directions and I seem to only get 1 choice. I can also only select All Areas the Footwell or the Doors. All of the RGB settings are defined and the directions have been followed exactly.

Has anyone had any luck getting it to work with their Passat?dont suppose you could send me a backup of your central electronics module?

Blackpaladin67
30-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Once my OBD11 arrives next week looking at turn on some of the self drive functions which are on the European Arteon. Such as fully automated adaptive cruise control, which automatically slows the car down according to the road signs and gps data eg bends etc. They are already recalling my car because the self driving function which pulls it over to the side of the road was turned off accidentally for our market. Any passat b8 out there interested to see if you can wake up this stuff in your cars ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

vwcaddy123
31-12-2017, 03:23 AM
Once my OBD11 arrives next week looking at turn on some of the self drive functions which are on the European Arteon. Such as fully automated adaptive cruise control, which automatically slows the car down according to the road signs and gps data eg bends etc. They are already recalling my car because the self driving function which pulls it over to the side of the road was turned off accidentally for our market. Any passat b8 out there interested to see if you can wake up this stuff in your cars ?

Yes, of course. Will attend carefully, since the Arteon features seem very interesting. Good luck and happy New Year!

Jap
31-12-2017, 04:37 AM
Found this in the acc module in my golf, dunno if it’s what’s needed

Predictive_speed_limt_control

Blackpaladin67
31-12-2017, 06:42 AM
Found this in the acc module in my golf, dunno if it’s what’s needed

Predictive_speed_limt_control

Yup that one of the features

Jap
31-12-2017, 06:48 AM
Might have to try it tomorrow then, see what it enables (if anything), be nice to have a speed limit ACC

DR074
31-12-2017, 07:13 AM
Just had a look in MY17 Passat. I didn't see Predictive_limit_speed_control, but did have Speed_Limit_Assistant in long coding in Module 13 (ACC).

I checked in the Driver Assistant Settings in the "Car" Menu. I now have a tick box for "Top speed of Dynamic Road Sign Display" (it may have already been in there from previous tweaks, can't be sure). Not sure if this is the same as above posts, but thought I'd try it out. It hasn't worked so far, may need some other adjustments to work.

DR074
31-12-2017, 07:20 AM
dont suppose you could send me a backup of your central electronics module?

did you end up getting what you needed?

point
31-12-2017, 09:18 AM

I'm very interested in this stuff - since I had my 7.5's modules updated to have TJA, Ive coded these features in but the car doesnt seem to slow down for the new speed sign nor slow down for bends despite having the options in the drivers assistance menu - emergency assist also doesn't change lanes. I'd like to try get them working.

Blackpaladin67
31-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Yes, of course. Will attend carefully, since the Arteon features seem very interesting. Good luck and happy New Year!Thank you

Blackpaladin67
31-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Here is VWs take on what should happen

2017 VW Arteon Safety Features Showcase - YouTube (https://youtu.be/P8Xv9rPFkns)

Blackpaladin67
31-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Here is VWs take on what should happen

2017 VW Arteon Safety Features Showcase - YouTube (https://youtu.be/P8Xv9rPFkns)

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkA hint may lay in a statement by VW that the Arteon is the first VW with AEB from 5km to 230km or something like that. So i don't know if its carrying different hardware?

Jap
31-12-2017, 06:21 PM
did you end up getting what you needed?no I didn’t, I was after his because he has the little settings buttons on the screen to individually change the light brightness of the footwell/door lighting and mine doesn’t

Jap
01-01-2018, 02:23 AM
Just had a look in MY17 Passat. I didn't see Predictive_limit_speed_control, but did have Speed_Limit_Assistant in long coding in Module 13 (ACC).

I checked in the Driver Assistant Settings in the "Car" Menu. I now have a tick box for "Top speed of Dynamic Road Sign Display" (it may have already been in there from previous tweaks, can't be sure). Not sure if this is the same as above posts, but thought I'd try it out. It hasn't worked so far, may need some other adjustments to work.yeah, I enabled the box but when I tried to enable the one in adaptions I just got function not available and it didn’t slow for a different speed limit also

Jap
01-01-2018, 03:13 AM
Just seen this

tempolimitassistent_carmenu

which means speed limit assistant car menu

dodnt seem to do anything tho

DR074
01-01-2018, 08:47 AM
Just seen this

tempolimitassistent_carmenu

which means speed limit assistant car menu

dodnt seem to do anything tho
Yeah, couldn't find that one

Blackpaladin67
01-01-2018, 08:55 AM
Yeah, couldn't find that oneMy guess is it has to have dynamic road sign and some gps functionality turned on.2c

Wynnston
01-01-2018, 12:35 PM

Does the sign recognition work in your model, or is it completely turned off? If it isn't enabled for the Arteon then you might have the same problem as the Passat owners have; i'm told the GPS data isn't the right type for Australia so it will throw a fault about 1 minute after the car starts, it relates to the lack of proper speed limit data from the GPS maps.

It does work (aside from the warning), but it's a little sketchy as most of Australia isn't road signed to any reasonable standard like other markets. This means you can pickup poorly positioned signs on adjacent roads/freeway offramps. Your car could start braking in the middle of the freeway because you're doing 100km/h and the offramp (which you're not on) has a 60 sign visible from the freeway.

W

Blackpaladin67
01-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Does the sign recognition work in your model, or is it completely turned off? If it isn't enabled for the Arteon then you might have the same problem as the Passat owners have; i'm told the GPS data isn't the right type for Australia so it will throw a fault about 1 minute after the car starts, it relates to the lack of proper speed limit data from the GPS maps.

It does work (aside from the warning), but it's a little sketchy as most of Australia isn't road signed to any reasonable standard like other markets. This means you can pickup poorly positioned signs on adjacent roads/freeway offramps. Your car could start braking in the middle of the freeway because you're doing 100km/h and the offramp (which you're not on) has a 60 sign visible from the freeway.

WI really hope not. DTSR is not turned on but is in some really almost third world countries. So hoping it can work. I have read sime post in which by not turning on fusion between gps and tsr it works apparently ok?

Blackpaladin67
01-01-2018, 01:22 PM
I really hope not. DTSR is not turned on but is in some really almost third world countries. So hoping it can work. I have read sime post in which by not turning on fusion between gps and tsr it works apparently ok?

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkHoping also it compares the gps map speed knows there is an offramp and things like that.

Jap
01-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Yeah, couldn't find that one
Different modules?

Control unit: 13 Adaptive Cruise Control
System description: ACC BOSCH MQB
Software number: 5Q0907572H
Software version: 0620
Hardware number: 3QF907572
Hardware version: H10
ODX name: EV_ACCBOSCHVW416
ODX version: 002005

DR074
02-01-2018, 06:12 AM
Different modules?

Software number: 5Q0907572H
Software version: 0620
Hardware number: 3QF907572
Hardware version: H10
ODX name: EV_ACCBOSCHVW416
ODX version: 002005

Yeah, a bit different.

Software number: 3Q0907572B
Software version: 0194
Hardware number: 3Q0907572B
Hardware version: H04
ODX name: EV_ACCBOSCHVW48X
ODX version: 001009

Blackpaladin67
03-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Hi All
Did my first obd11 tweek via the app to keep my auto high beam on. It all worked just fine "Whoot". However there are just 4 other apps and i dont need any of them. Would like to turn on traffic signs and auto door lock , but can't translate from the rosstech type info on here. Any suggestions? Taking small baby steps....lol

Jap
03-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Hi All
Did my first obd11 tweek via the app to keep my auto high beam on. It all worked just fine "Whoot". However there are just 4 other apps and i dont need any of them. Would like to turn on traffic signs and auto door lock , but can't translate from the rosstech type info on here. Any suggestions? Taking small baby steps....lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalkhave you got pro?
if you have go into the modules and look around (as long as you don’t press and hold the green tick nothing will be changed) find the adaptions and look through and see how they work, then find the long codings and see how that works, maybe go on the obdeleven boards and read through the how to’s to get more info, then find a tweak you want, go through every instruction in it, see if you can find everything that needs to be changed, if you can then go back and change them with saving by the green tick, check rweak works

dv52 has some great pictures and info on here

Blackpaladin67
03-01-2018, 07:40 PM
have you got pro?
if you have go into the modules and look around (as long as you don’t press and hold the green tick nothing will be changed) find the adaptions and look through and see how they work, then find the long codings and see how that works, maybe go on the obdeleven boards and read through the how to’s to get more info, then find a tweak you want, go through every instruction in it, see if you can find everything that needs to be changed, if you can then go back and change them with saving by the green tick, check rweak works

dv52 has some great pictures and info on hereSuper thanks mate

DR074
04-01-2018, 06:23 AM
This link by DV52 will be your best mate.

OBDEleven - The new kid on the block! (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f153/obdeleven-new-kid-block-112163.html)

Blackpaladin67
04-01-2018, 10:43 AM
This link by DV52 will be your best mate.

OBDEleven - The new kid on the block! (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f153/obdeleven-new-kid-block-112163.html)Thanks heap Dr074

vvvre
09-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Hello guys,

Just read all the tweaks for MY17 Passat B8. (Europe ver.)

I wanted to try setting in 09 Central Electronics / (1) so that I can lock my car with key while engine is running, but it seems like Channel is not available.

My car does not have Keyless Entry, only Keyless go. Anyone can help me how to set-up this feature?

Also, could not manage to set-up Lane Assist (or the ALG) / TJA, anybode care to share the link or the coding?

Thanks!

Autoscan: https://pastebin.com/embed_js/SPjEJTBz

Jap
09-01-2018, 08:51 PM
TJA is vcp coding only or vw if they want to but chargeable either way

interesting you have keyless but not kessy, do you have the kessy door handles?

also with the door locking thing are you looking for access control? As the newer modules have it under different parent names now and it’s now under ZV allgemein, as zv is the intitals of zentralverriegelung which is German for central locking and ellgemein is general

vvvre
09-01-2018, 09:09 PM
No, I do not have keyless doorhandles (I saw at one of my colleague's MY17 Superb how they should look).

I did not equip my car with Keyless Entry (kessy) because I hate the system, I always push the key button to unlock/lock. For me this system is like having to manually turn the key into the fob to lock the car. I only start the engine without the key.

About TJA - I will ask VW Dealership if they want to activate it.

In the meantime, I will try again to code with vcds:

- Lane Assist - Activate Lane Assist - VCDSSchweiz (https://www.vcdsschweiz.ch/en/activate-lane-assist/)
- Sign Assist (is this the same thing with the Dynamic Road sign feature?) - Activate Sign Assist - VCDSSchweiz (https://www.vcdsschweiz.ch/en/activate-sign-assist/)

------

LE:

also with the door locking thing are you looking for access control? As the newer modules have it under different parent names now and it’s now under ZV allgemein, as zv is the intitals of zentralverriegelung which is German for central locking and ellgemein is general

Yes, as I now remember, I have tried (1) Access control - something with "15" in its name :rolleyes:. So I should search for "ZV"

Jap
09-01-2018, 09:23 PM
With kessy you can lock/unlock the car with the fob, you can also program it so the door handles don’t work ��

but it you must have ALG and ACC for TJA to be enabled

vvvre
09-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Yeah, what I meant was I wouldn't even use keyless entry, I only use the fob anyway.

TJA - I know I need ACC + DSG + ALG. I lack only ALG which I should be able to activate (even though I didn't find the tutorial yet).

I can activate these because I do have the A5 camera as you may see in my autoscan.

Jap
09-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Have you got lane assist?

vvvre
09-01-2018, 09:58 PM
No, I don't have lane assist, only ACC and DLA (and DSG ofc). Guess I have to activate it (isn't it the same with ALG though?)

Jap
09-01-2018, 10:07 PM
No lane assist warns you if you are getting close to the lines and bounce you back into the lane, ALG keeps you in the Center of the lane (kinda) before it warms you to take over steering (for 10 seconds, then beeps at you after 18 seconds, then puts the hazards on and slows the car to a stop after 30 seconds)

vvvre
09-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Thanks, I get it now.

Do you if someone activated their ALG? I guess it's not this one: Activate Lane Assist - VCDSSchweiz (https://www.vcdsschweiz.ch/en/activate-lane-assist/)

Jap
09-01-2018, 10:54 PM
I already have lane assist, ALG and TJA, so never done it myself, but looking at other codings that looks a bit short, but I use obdeleven, and it’s for lane assist not ALG

id go through the codings first making sure I can find each line in my codings ticking them off, then if I’ve found them all I’d go back again and change them ticking them off again

Select Control unit 17 (Dashboard)
Control unit Long Coding
Bye 4
Bit 6 Activate
Bye 11
Bit 1 Activate

Select Control unit A5 (front / advance camera)
Control unit Long Coding
Bye 0
Bit 0 Activate

Select Control unit A5 (front / advance camera)
Security access
Access Code 20103
Adaptation
Channel - Seçim HCA_On_State
Put emphasis on menu
Channel - Seçim HCA_Warning_intensity
Put emphasis on menu
Channel - Seçim BAP_Personalisierung
Put emphasis on not activated
Select the time of engagement
Set adjustment via menu - emphasis on late
Select Personalization spurt holding an assistant to a terminal 15 - channel
Set value to last setting

Select Control unit 44 (power steering)
Control unit Long Coding
Bye 0
Bit 0 Aktif

Select Control unit 5F (Informationselektronik)
Adaptation
(49) function -Vehicle list BAP LDW_HCA_0x19
Activate
(21) vehicle menu operation-menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning
Activate
(23) vehicle menu Bedienung_menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning_over _threshold_high – channel
Activate

although looking through my A5 I don’t see any of them adaptions

Blackpaladin67
12-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Hi Jap
The one in the lead picture to this post what number was that mate ?

Jap
13-01-2018, 01:06 AM
Hi Jap
The one in the lead picture to this post what number was that mate ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalkwhat do you mean fella?

Wynnston
13-01-2018, 08:52 AM
For some reason, my car had ALG enabled when I bought it (brand new 8kms on the clock). I haven't seen a Passat with it already enabled yet. The only thing that was different about my car is that I bought the car that was intended to be the first DEMO in Western Australia, so maybe they added it at the dealership or something for DEMO purposes.

Blackpaladin67
13-01-2018, 10:01 AM
what do you mean fella?On this one the dots go way back on mine they are only half way uphttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/01/481596d6622d62973a975a7a548c6adb-1.jpg

Jap
13-01-2018, 10:13 AM
My golf, on different screens the dots are in different places, this screen is the driver assistant

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/01/IMG_0046-1.jpg (http://ibb.co/cUaezv)

Blackpaladin67
13-01-2018, 11:01 AM
My golf, on different screens the dots are in different places, this screen is the driver assistant

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/01/IMG_0046-1.jpg (http://ibb.co/cUaezv)Ill check all this screens this afternoon wee bit hot today 33c

kamold
13-01-2018, 11:07 AM
On this one the dots go way back on mine they are only half way uphttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/01/481596d6622d62973a975a7a548c6adb-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkDon't those lines designate how far you have set the distance to next car for ACC?
Ie set more distance you get more lines

Blackpaladin67
13-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Don't those lines designate how far you have set the distance to next car for ACC?
Ie set more distance you get more linesLol.. so the dots grow with distance setting ? I'm always on the closest, as i have found that furthest is like 5 car lenghts from the car in front

Jap
13-01-2018, 06:37 PM
Lol.. so the dots grow with distance setting ? I'm always on the closest, as i have found that furthest is like 5 car lenghts from the car in front

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalkmines set at closest fella

Blackpaladin67
14-01-2018, 02:20 PM
mines set at closest fellaThanks Jap all balls are jiggling and bouncing and happy on tube 4.

Dark975
27-01-2018, 08:00 AM
Tube Version shows in the latest Beta of VCDS.

Yep, I installed VCDS 18.1.0 and tube version is there. Now I have the R Cluster :banana:

chopsticle
17-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Hey folks, I've just recently got a 2016 140TDi Highline w/ Lux pack and I'd like to do the sunroof close tweak and get traffic working..

I recently bought a VCDS cable from Total Car Diagnostics... turns out it's a 12.12 version cable/software..
It seems to work and report everything ok on my MY13.5 Touareg, but when connected to the Passat, I get .ROD file errors.

According to the TCD emails delivered after ordering it, it claims it only works with version 12-12.
I tried to download VCDS 18 off Ross-Tech site, but it won't find the interface..

Am I kinda stuffed here?

mythik
17-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Hey folks, I've just recently got a 2016 140TDi Highline w/ Lux pack and I'd like to do the sunroof close tweak and get traffic working..

I recently bought a VCDS cable from Total Car Diagnostics... turns out it's a 12.12 version cable/software..
It seems to work and report everything ok on my MY13.5 Touareg, but when connected to the Passat, I get .ROD file errors.

According to the TCD emails delivered after ordering it, it claims it only works with version 12-12.
I tried to download VCDS 18 off Ross-Tech site, but it won't find the interface..

Am I kinda stuffed here?

Hi mate,

I've had a look at the website for the product you bought and yep, you're pretty stuffed. They're even open that they're selling fake cables and that it's limited to only their cracked 12.12 version.

VAG-COM VCDS 2018 - OBD2 Diagnostic Cable & Software (for VAG Cars: VW, AUDI, SEAT, SKODA) (http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/shop/car-diagnostic-tools/vag/vagcom-rosstech-vcds)

I'm totally blown away they're selling fakes. Just wow.

Edit: I've reached out to the team at Ross-Tech to let them know TCD are selling these ****ty fakes.

chopsticle
18-02-2018, 09:09 AM
Hi mate,

I've had a look at the website for the product you bought and yep, you're pretty stuffed. They're even open that they're selling fake cables and that it's limited to only their cracked 12.12 version.

VAG-COM VCDS 2018 - OBD2 Diagnostic Cable & Software (for VAG Cars: VW, AUDI, SEAT, SKODA) (http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/shop/car-diagnostic-tools/vag/vagcom-rosstech-vcds)

I'm totally blown away they're selling fakes. Just wow.

Edit: I've reached out to the team at Ross-Tech to let them know TCD are selling these ****ty fakes.

Hmm ok, thought it might be too good to be true. Anyone in Melb inner west/port Melb that has the right gear and can hook me up? I read up on the whole sunroof close being disabled in Aus. Boo hiss!

mythik
18-02-2018, 12:41 PM
Hmm ok, thought it might be too good to be true. Anyone in Melb inner west/port Melb that has the right gear and can hook me up? I read up on the whole sunroof close being disabled in Aus. Boo hiss!

What's needed is:

Sunroof Comfort Closing/Opening:
6. Set value to active
8. Set value to active

See if you can do any of the above with your current cable first.

I can help you if it doesn't work out. I'm in the eastern suburbs. PM me. My fee is a 6 pack of nice beer for simple coding. :)

chopsticle
19-02-2018, 06:28 AM
What's needed is:

Sunroof Comfort Closing/Opening:
6. Set value to active
8. Set value to active

See if you can do any of the above with your current cable first.

I can help you if it doesn't work out. I'm in the eastern suburbs. PM me. My fee is a 6 pack of nice beer for simple coding. :)

Cheers
I tried sunroof coding but when I went in to stg09, I got an error in vcds about a missing .rod file. I was able to enter the security code but can’t access 10-adaptation as it’s greyed out.

I tried copying the newer rod files from
V18 vcds which I downloaded from rosstech, but it didn’t seem to work. 10 is always greyed out in multiple menus.

Didn’t have this issue on my other car though so much just be an age/compatibility thing..

I’m immobile for the next few weeks thanks to foot surgery so no rush I guess. A 6er is easily done

mythik
19-02-2018, 11:34 AM
Cheers
I tried sunroof coding but when I went in to stg09, I got an error in vcds about a missing .rod file. I was able to enter the security code but can’t access 10-adaptation as it’s greyed out.

I tried copying the newer rod files from
V18 vcds which I downloaded from rosstech, but it didn’t seem to work. 10 is always greyed out in multiple menus.

Didn’t have this issue on my other car though so much just be an age/compatibility thing..

I’m immobile for the next few weeks thanks to foot surgery so no rush I guess. A 6er is easily done

It would also be worth trying a simple email to the company you bought it off about a newer version of their cracked software. See what they say. I see on their site they have a 17 version.

chopsticle
25-02-2018, 12:32 PM
Managed to get hold of a 17.8 cable and was able to do this. Sunroof now opens and closes and got traffic to work. Now to review several pages and work out other cool ****.

I don’t have the active dash unfortunately but plenty of other tweaks look sweet.

I saw that you can get the rear indicators to alternate between the outside and inside lights, is it at all possible to do a sweep like the newer Audi’s?

pyridinite
25-02-2018, 01:51 PM
I saw that you can get the rear indicators to alternate between the outside and inside lights, is it at all possible to do a sweep like the newer Audi’s?

Our indicators are only on the outside half of the rear lamp unit so any sweep would be pretty short without a hardware change as well unfortunately.

chopsticle
26-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Our indicators are only on the outside half of the rear lamp unit so any sweep would be pretty short without a hardware change as well unfortunately.

Fair point, I took a squiz last night and you're right, only the outside wouldn't probably work...

I'm interested in the legality of mucking around with the tail LEDs in unison with blinking the indicator?
I got the outer-LED to blink in unison, just wonder if that's "legal" or if no one really cares about that stuff?

Oh and another thing..
I tried to enable the Traffic Sign Recognition and Needle Sweep using the instructions provided earlier in this thread, and while my coding was accepted, it didn't seem to save.
Same with the Needle Sweep.. I have a MY16 with older style dash, not the active one.. does this matter?
Re Traffic Sign - does my car not have the required hardware to use this function?

I've only had the B8 about 4 weeks and still new to all this stuff.

Dark975
27-02-2018, 12:02 AM
hi. I got an alarm horn installed at my passat b8 which is delivered at november 2017. I am using vcds version 18.2, but I can not reach "Address 09: Central electrical system" to code the part. Is there any workaround for this ?

Subsystem 5 - Part Number SW: 5Q0 951 605 A HW: 5Q0 951 605 A
Component: Siren, DWA 005 0314

kamold
27-02-2018, 03:24 PM
hi. I got an alarm horn installed at my passat b8 which is delivered at november 2017. I am using vcds version 18.2, but I can not reach "Address 09: Central electrical system" to code the part. Is there any workaround for this ?

Subsystem 5 - Part Number SW: 5Q0 951 605 A HW: 5Q0 951 605 A
Component: Siren, DWA 005 0314

These BCMs do not have any coding.
All changes are controlled through adaptation channels.

Dark975
27-02-2018, 07:15 PM
These BCMs do not have any coding.
All changes are controlled through adaptation channels.

Thanks kamold. I checked the adaptation channels and found the correct one.

FarQ
12-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Hi there, had not much idea about this vcds thing. Do i just buy all the gear from ross-tech and will it work with all my cars in my sig? sorry for noob questions. cheers

Rocket36
12-03-2018, 10:07 AM
Good luck getting noob answers. I've been trying for a while.

tigger73
12-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Hi there, had not much idea about this vcds thing. Do i just buy all the gear from ross-tech and will it work with all my cars in my sig? sorry for noob questions. cheers

Just check on the Ross tech site. They specify all the vehicles that are compatible with each cable.

Some of the cables aren’t compatible with the older cars - especially if you’re buying a second hand cable pays to check.

FarQ
26-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Yep, I installed VCDS 18.1.0 and tube version is there. Now I have the R Cluster :banana:

Can this be done for the Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg? Not a fan of the speedo incrementing by 10 after 80kmh. Rather the speedo above incrementing by 10 after 120kmh...

kaiserky
26-03-2018, 11:38 PM
Yes it can, I’ve changed to the R clocks on my Wolfsburg.

Ky

FarQ
17-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Yes it can, I’ve changed to the R clocks on my Wolfsburg.

Ky

Yep, changed mine to the R clocks as well. Anyone know why i can't see the long coding option in Central Electrics on obd11? trying to do the HBA mod..... cheers

Jap
18-04-2018, 02:00 AM
Yep, changed mine to the R clocks as well. Anyone know why i can't see the long coding option in Central Electrics on obd11? trying to do the HBA mod..... cheersthere isn’t any long coding in CE, only adaptions on the newer modules

FarQ
18-04-2018, 05:51 PM
there isn’t any long coding in CE, only adaptions on the newer modules

Thanks Jap, didn't need it in the end. Got HBA not erroring and enabled now. just have to test it. Anyone managed to get the DRL in menu option going for the B8 passat? Also trying to find the DRL active during turn signal. cheers.

Wynnston
19-04-2018, 09:07 PM
Thanks Jap, didn't need it in the end. Got HBA not erroring and enabled now. just have to test it. Anyone managed to get the DRL in menu option going for the B8 passat? Also trying to find the DRL active during turn signal. cheers.

I had worked out how to do the DRL active during turn signals and I wouldn't advise it. It's really hard to see the indicator during the day.

Jondalar
21-04-2018, 09:53 AM
What is the coding for HBA in Obdeleven? Finally had a play today but haven't seen how to enable this. Also couldn't do the window close when raining as the Adaptation looks totally different. I did enable TMS, R dash (1-9 plus A-D) and turned off nag screen.

Thanks
Karl

Rooboy
21-04-2018, 10:34 AM
What is the coding for HBA in Obdeleven? Finally had a play today but haven't seen how to enable this. Also couldn't do the window close when raining as the Adaptation looks totally different. I did enable TMS, R dash (1-9 plus A-D) and turned off nag screen.

Thanks
Karl

Give this a go Karl

Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
1. Fernlicht_assistent – Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent – Change to ‘Present’
2. Fernlicht_assistent – Erweiterte_Frenlichtsteuerung – Change to ‘AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS’
Enter Coding
Byte 2 – Tick Bit 0 and Bit 1
Select Control Unit Front Sensor Driver Assist System (A5)
Enter Coding
Byte 21 – Tick Bit 5
Reboot Headunit. Option will now appear under ‘Light Settings’ and pushing the high beam stalk forward will reveal the symbol with an ‘A’ within it.

FarQ
21-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Give this a go Karl

Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
1. Fernlicht_assistent – Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent – Change to ‘Present’
2. Fernlicht_assistent – Erweiterte_Frenlichtsteuerung – Change to ‘AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS’
Enter Coding
Byte 2 – Tick Bit 0 and Bit 1
Select Control Unit Front Sensor Driver Assist System (A5)
Enter Coding
Byte 21 – Tick Bit 5
Reboot Headunit. Option will now appear under ‘Light Settings’ and pushing the high beam stalk forward will reveal the symbol with an ‘A’ within it.

on the passat alltrack wolfy i think you need to change to this setting:

‘AFS, FLA, BCM-Fernlicht'

as mine was previously 'AFS, BCM-Fernlicht'. It seems it recognizes the LED headlgihts as Xenons as per this (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f235/vcds-tweaks-117871-post1250362.html#post1250362) post.

Jondalar
23-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Thanks everyone!

Luca
05-05-2018, 05:20 AM
Hello,
some kind user can give me the instructions to modify the Active Info Display with 320Kmh speedometer and red color, with VCDS 18.0. My car is Golf 7.5 GTI
Thanks in advance to those who answer.

Jap
05-05-2018, 05:28 AM
Tube version 4 or 5 under dash adaptions but you must have current version of vcds

Luca
05-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Tube version 4 or 5 under dash adaptions but you must have current version of vcds

Thanks to Jap for the kind reply.
Do you think that with this change I will keep the color red and did not alter other functionalities such as interior lighting? Thank you

Rooboy
05-05-2018, 05:39 PM
Thanks to Jap for the kind reply.
Do you think that with this change I will keep the color red and did not alter other functionalities such as interior lighting? Thank you

It only changes the dials - everything else remains the same.

Jap
05-05-2018, 11:08 PM
All should stay the same, it’s display diescription 3 that changes the colour to gold/orange

Luca
06-05-2018, 05:15 AM
Modified AID from variant_3 (standard) to variant_4.
Even the color fits very well with the GTI.
Thank you so much to Jap and Rooboy.

ccbloke
09-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Hello,

I'll be taking delivery of a demo MY18 Passat Wagon shortly (132TSi with Luxury and R-Line packs). It'll be my third VW.

I was wondering if there was anybody in Melbourne who could help me with some system tweaks. I don't have the equipment or knowledge but would gladly pay anyone for their time. Some of the features I'm looking at enabling are:

Traffic Info
Auto Hold Release to Light
Need sweep on AID
Traffic Road Sign Recognition
Comfort opening sunroof
Auto High Beam
Any other cool features we are deprived of in Australia.

Happy to travel, or if anyone can recommend a VW specialist (non-dealer of course), that'd be great.

PM me if you can help.

Thanks all!

Rocket36
09-05-2018, 02:46 PM
+1 for tweak assistance in Melbourne. Happy to pay.

FinanceGuy
09-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Hi All,

Anyone in Melb that can assist with some tweaks for Octavia III RS. Please PM

FarQ
10-05-2018, 09:26 AM
in melb and have OBD11. I'm no expert as i've only just gotten the tool to make some changes to the passat wolfy. Happy to help out those in the area. no payment needed.

mods done:
TMC
HBA
Fan speed on Auto
Beep on lock/unlock

Rich86
27-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Hi guys, I’ve got a mk7.5 110tsi highline wagon. Totally new to this stuff Is it possible with to turn on both DRLs like the gti or golf r?

lenny
14-07-2018, 05:21 PM
206 rline question.

Have OBDEleven, been going nuts trying to adjust the auto lights on at twilight....

driving late afternoon or in and out of shade triggers the light sensor and the headlights go on.,,,would prefer to leave on Auto and have them come on later like our old R36 used to....there is no where to adjust normal control, so was wondering if anyone has ventured into how this is configured OBD or even VCDS please...have tried to understand the >>Central Electrics>adaptation>Light Sensor but i do not think this is the area where the headlight auto on / off is adjusted (even though this section has different lx adjustments)34343

Jondalar
16-07-2018, 12:04 PM
206 rline question.

Have OBDEleven, been going nuts trying to adjust the auto lights on at twilight....

driving late afternoon or in and out of shade triggers the light sensor and the headlights go on.,,,would prefer to leave on Auto and have them come on later like our old R36 used to....there is no where to adjust normal control, so was wondering if anyone has ventured into how this is configured OBD or even VCDS please...have tried to understand the >>Central Electrics>adaptation>Light Sensor but i do not

You can adjust between three settings in the normal car settings. Just go to Vehicle under Menu and then look at lighting. Then you can choose Early, Medium and Late for the auto lights coming on. The downside with late is that the instruments can be unreadable depending on your equipment, if you have the full LCD dash it's not a problem.

lenny
17-07-2018, 06:34 PM
You can adjust between three settings in the normal car settings. Just go to Vehicle under Menu and then look at lighting. Then you can choose Early, Medium and Late for the auto lights coming on. The downside with late is that the instruments can be unreadable depending on your equipment, if you have the full LCD dash it's not a problem.

I do not have that option under lighting.....

MY18 206 Passat Wagon

Jondalar
18-07-2018, 11:05 AM
OK, strange, even my wife's 2014 Golf TDI has that option.

dArK5HaD0w
19-07-2018, 02:49 PM
I do not have that option under lighting.....

MY18 206 Passat Wagon

weird.
it should be called "Switch On Time".
looks like this on my Superb, but it will b same/similar with VW.

lenny
19-07-2018, 03:39 PM
weird.
it should be called "Switch On Time".
looks like this on my Superb, but it will b same/similar with VW.

definately do not have that screen...something must be 'switched off'....anyone with passat r confirm.?

DR074
19-07-2018, 04:10 PM
34423Confirmed

lenny
19-07-2018, 04:22 PM
ok thanks, do your lights switch on 'Early' when on auto (ie when it is plenty light out)

DR074
19-07-2018, 04:28 PM
I had it set to medium, just turned it to early to see the difference. will advise

Jondalar
21-07-2018, 07:20 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/3fd757cdcf8b83e61c7c41a14fd0f7ed-1.jpgThis is what it looks like on my MY18 Alltrack Wolfsburg

lenny
21-07-2018, 10:45 AM
i have it now coming up and configured to 'late'...still think the lights come on too early.....thanks everyone for response

Goublin
31-07-2018, 04:34 PM

where do you find this on VCDS?

DR074
31-07-2018, 09:20 PM
where do you find this on VCDS?
Hi Mate

From OBDEleven (similar in VCDS)
Control unit: 17 Dash Board > Adaptations > Display depiction: Version 3

Control unit: 17 Dash Board > Adaptations > Tube_version: variant_4

One does the dials and one does the bouncing balls under the Km/h (can't remember which does what), from you picture.

Goublin
03-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Hi Mate

Control unit: 17 Dash Board > Adaptations > Display depiction: Version 3

Control unit: 17 Dash Board > Adaptations > Tube_version: variant_4

One does the dials and one does the bouncing balls under the Km/h (can't remember which does what), from you picture.

just wonered if any knew a step by step way of doing it on VCDS

Jap
03-08-2018, 11:35 PM
Hi Mate

Control unit: 17 Dash Board > Adaptations > Display depiction: Version 3 (bouncy balls orange /gold colour)

Control unit: 17 Dash Board > Adaptations > Tube_version: variant_4 (clocks style)

there you go ��

DR074
04-08-2018, 07:32 AM
just wonered if any knew a step by step way of doing it on VCDS

Sorry Goublin, not having VCDS, I don't have the step by step, however....

Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour (http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/main_screen.php)

shows the screens for VCDS.

just assuming from the main screen, the below;
[SELECT]
[17 - DASBOARD]
[ADAPTATION - 10]
[CHANNEL] and look for both Display Depiction and Tube Version.

not sure of the actual channel names in VCDS. Someone with more experience may jump in.

hopefully, this will help.

Dazz

Goublin
05-08-2018, 02:04 PM

[SELECT]
[17 - DASBOARD]
[ADAPTATION - 10]

not sure of the actual channel names in VCDS. Someone with more experience may jump in.

Dazz

thanks Dazz ill give it a go

Goublin
05-08-2018, 04:57 PM

[SELECT]
[17 - DASBOARD]
[ADAPTATION - 10]

Dazz

job done worked like a dream, thanks pal

Jondalar
09-08-2018, 03:54 PM
I had previously done the R dials: Tube_version: variant_4
This morning I did the Arteon style background: Display depiction: Version 3 this changes the highlights to gold, however the highlights on the central screen are still blue. Does anyone know if there is a way to get them to match?

Thanks,
Karl

DR074
09-08-2018, 05:24 PM
only way I know is to do the AID colour mod from NZ_GolfR, and set to Version 4 for Display Depiction. Then you can have it what ever colour you want. 65000 odd different colours. You just have to set all 10 colours for it to work.

There might be another way that i'm not aware of though.

chopsticle
23-09-2018, 09:22 PM
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else..
The Passat was @ Werribee VW getting a potential oil leak looked at (seems to be false alarm, phew!).
While there, they claimed there was some directive from VW to update a door controller or something along those lines.

I didn't think anything of it, but since they've done this, the comfort open/close no longer works..
I've checked VCDS 17.8 and it reckons it's all enabled, but nup.. I've tried both remotes and got nada for open/close.

Anyone come across this or have any ideas besides taking it back and complaining? I had to tweak to turn that stuff on in the first place.

Wynnston
23-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else..
The Passat was @ Werribee VW getting a potential oil leak looked at (seems to be false alarm, phew!).
While there, they claimed there was some directive from VW to update a door controller or something along those lines.

I didn't think anything of it, but since they've done this, the comfort open/close no longer works..
I've checked VCDS 17.8 and it reckons it's all enabled, but nup.. I've tried both remotes and got nada for open/close.

Anyone come across this or have any ideas besides taking it back and complaining? I had to tweak to turn that stuff on in the first place.

It sounds lik you just need to run calibration, it can happen after a controller is flashed and reset or the battery is pulled. For each window, put it all the way down, then pull and hold the switch until the window comes to the top, keep it there for a few extra seconds once it's up. Then repeat the same process once more. Once done it should behave itself. If not, take it back to the dealer.

Passerati
13-10-2018, 08:26 PM
Anyone in Brisbane (redlands) that would be keen to code my Passat?

Diegothecat
04-11-2018, 02:28 AM

Has anyone had any luck getting it to work with their Passat?

Hey bud did you have any luck on this one?

Its bbecause you havent added any colours into your system, you can add up to 10 from memory.

Dark975
13-11-2018, 03:32 AM
Hi. I want to disable the DRL when flashing high beams to have a Stroboscope effect. I saw videos of it online but never found the coding for Passat B8. I only found how to enable fog lights when flashing. Any help on that will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Goublin
10-12-2018, 09:02 AM
Hi Guys,

I followed the steps below from another page on here. I now have the 10 colours and they work on the dash. The only only thing i cant get to work is the LEDs in the doors. My question is, do the doors change colours in the Passat MY16 or are they white only. Is there a way of checking? I have changed the dials and the colours are there. I just cant figure the door leds out.

Steps:
Control unit: 5F Information Control Unit
Adaptations:
Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2: menu_display_ambient_illumination: activated
Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2: menu_display_ambient_illumination_over_threshold_h igh: activated

To get the cool dials in the AID

Control unit: 17 Dash Board
Adaptations:
Display depiction: Version 3
Tube_version: variant_4

Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
Adaptations:
Ambientelicht Farbliste: Rotwert Farbe 1: 144
Ambientelicht Farbliste: Gruenwert Farbe 1: 24
Ambientelicht Farbliste: Blauwert Farbe 1: 28
Change all colours up to 10, none can be R: 0, G: 0, B: 0 as none will work
I got the numbers for RGB from MS Excel (format cell > fill), but from other posts, Create Color Schemes, Test Color Combinations - Colorspire (https://www.colorspire.com/) will give the same result.
Pick what colours you like, find the RGB, enter those numbers into Rewert (Red), Gruenwert (Green) and Blauwert (you guessed it, Blue)
My favourite colour is Maroon, so R, G, B is 144, 24, 28, but need to lighten the colour up a bit.

I also have the below settings active, again, not sure if they need to be or not, but they work.
Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
Adaptations:
Int. light, 2nd generation: weicher Farbwechsel: active
Int. light, 2nd generation: Instrumententafelbeleuchtung mehrfarbig: active
Int. light, 2nd generation: Mittelkonsolenbeleuchtung mehrfarbig: active
Interior light, light configuration: Ambiente_Applikationsleisten_in_Instrumententafel: installed
Interior light, light configuration: Mittelkonsolenbeleuchtung: installed
Interior light, light configuration: LIN-Dachkonsole lokal aktivierbar: active
Interior light, light configuration: Ambientemenue mit globalem aus: active
Interior light, light configuration: Ambientemenue mit alle Zonen: active
Interior light, light configuration: Ambient_Farbliste_HMI: active
Interior light, light configuration: Frei_Farbwahl_ueber_HMI: active

Cold Boot MIB Unit
Hold down left button for 10 seconds (or so)
Wait for restart
Reset Background Lighting Setting in MIB
with MIB on, goto the below;
Menu > Vehicle > Settings > Factory Reset > Background Lighting > Reset

Then you can go into Menu > Vehicle > Settings > Background Lighting
You should have 10 colours at the bottom to choose from, select a colour, and both the MIB and AID change to that colour. If not, there may be a 3 colour small box to the right at the bottom. This doesn't change the Interior Door Lights, as on mine, they are just white.

I've seen a couple of people on all forums have dramas with this, so thought i'd try to figure it out. Some of this is lifted from other guys posts, zloybob (via NZ_GolfR), so thanks.

s.

DR074
10-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Hi Guys,

I followed the steps below from another page on here. I now have the 10 colours and they work on the dash. The only only thing i cant get to work is the LEDs in the doors. My question is, do the doors change colours in the Passat MY16 or are they white only. Is there a way of checking? I have changed the dials and the colours are there. I just cant figure the door leds out.

Door Lights are just White for MY16-17, not sure about models after that

Goublin
11-12-2018, 11:46 AM
Door Lights are just White for MY16-17, not sure about models after that

looks like it, i know someone did it on their MY 17 passat

5paul0
11-12-2018, 09:12 PM
My MY18 has only white light strips in the door panels

Goublin
12-12-2018, 09:25 AM
My MY18 has only white light strips in the door panels

i'm sure i read on another post that someone with a MY17 passat changed the colours

5paul0
12-12-2018, 09:34 AM
I think what happened VW Australia in their infinite wisdom to keep cost down (or is it profits up) decided to import only white LED's in the door cards. This fits with other things that are missing compared to VW Passats that are available in some parts of the world.

lenny
14-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Having a problem with driver seat memory function.....it is throwing an error that i can see through ODB11, when i clear error it comes back again...memory function has stopped working, i would like to try and avoid going to a / any dealer

Jondalar
15-01-2019, 07:59 AM
So today I tried to activate traffic sign recognition through OBDEleven. I tried using their App that uses credits. Not supported. I guess this is why I couldn't do it via long coding either. Strange as others with very similar car have done it. Car is MY18 Alltrack Wolfsburg.

kamold
15-01-2019, 01:32 PM
Having a problem with driver seat memory function.....it is throwing an error that i can see through ODB11, when i clear error it comes back again...memory function has stopped working, i would like to try and avoid going to a / any dealerIf it's throwing an error it might be helpful to post the exact error...

murmeltier
18-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Hi guys

Tried to activate the traffic sign recognition with VCDS on a VW Passat, MY2018, from NZ, with the front camera A5. But even the coding is correct, it doesn't work... There aren't some errores messages, but the camera doesn't recognise the traffic signals. Is there a main problem with this coding in NZ / Australia? Because in Germany it works without any problems...

Any ideas or somebody who were able to activate it? :)

Greetings from Europe