PDA

View Full Version : Panoramic electric glass sunroof

edison_1234
21-03-2017, 07:23 PM
Hello, so about this sunroof, how reliable and durable exactly is it? And do they test it for problems at the production facility prior to assembling it onto the car? What are your thoughts??? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sokyola
22-03-2017, 02:56 AM
I've had the car for just over a month and I have to say, it's easy to use, press a button to get it to half way and there's a switch that toggles back and forth to get it to go further. Glass is not too hot on a hot day, the fabric shield does a decent job at keeping the cabin dark, but once open, there's plenty of light that comes through.

Foxpuppet
22-03-2017, 07:10 AM
I love it even though mine just had a leak issue (second hand vehicle) that was down to drain tubes not being cleaned by previous owner/mechanic.

As long as thats Done regularly, they told me it should be trouble free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac135
22-03-2017, 07:36 AM
We had our gen 1 Tiguan with a sunroof for 8 years from new. No issues always reliable. You do need to have the drainage tubes checked when being serviced though.

Gladbach
13-04-2017, 11:20 AM
I have to say, I absolutely love the sunroof. I'm so glad my wife was persistent with wanting one. The only thing I wish was that there was some sort of warning that the sunroof is open when you park/lock the car. There are warnings for everything in this car, I'm surprised it doesn't remind me about that. I've come close to forgetting leaving it open when parked outside.