PDA

View Full Version : A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Pages : [1] 2

peanut
16-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Hi all, thought I would like to share some of my findings with you all regarding the possibilities of enabling EU features on our Aussie Tiguans. This is a thread dedicated to enabling EU specific features.

Info below is catered to MY17 Tiguans, as adaptations and coding have changed between model years.

WARNING/DISCLAIMER: Coding can be very dangerous and if done incorrectly, it can cause damage to your vehicle and void your warranty. If you are worried about that prospect, either don't code or get someone that is experienced to code it for you. Always backup before making changes. I cannot be held accountable for any damage incurred.

I just realized that I made all changes (naughty) in one go, so I will have dig my history to see which changes I made. Videos demonstrating features should be up fairly soon.

Please take a look at this thread regularly for updates.

Adaptive Lane Guidance
Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. Works the same as shown in Youtube videos. I have tried this with my Tiguan.

Emergency Assist/Traffic Jam Assist
A high possibility that it will work, given that Adaptive Lane Guidance can be/is enabled. Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven.

UPDATE: It can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. However, Module 44 - Steering Assist Module, varies between vehicles that are spec'd with Traffic Jam Assist/ Emergency Assist, and those that doesn't.

Tiguans that are "spec'd" for TJA and Emergency Assist have 7 bytes in Module 44.
Tiguans that are not "spec'd" for TJA and Emergency Assist only have 2 bytes in Module 44.

I still need more scans from other people, especially those that have TJA, to confirm my findings.

DANGER! REQUIRES EXTENSIVE BYTE BY BYTE, BIT BY BIT INDIVIDUALIZED CODING!
Long Coding required for Modules 09, 13, 17, 44, 5F, A5

Currently experimenting with coding ATM.

Pedestrian Assist
I don't think this is possible, due to the use of a different ACC sensor. (We don't have Continential ACC Sensors in Australian Spec Tiguans). Rejects coding in A5 module.

UPDATE: It may be possible, as we use the same Continental ACC Sensors as EU Spec Tiguans.

By enabling the Pedestrian Assist in Module 13, we may be able to allow A5 to accept coding as well. It might either the CAN Gateway or the differing software versions that is rejecting the coding in Module A5.

Teaser Photo (I enabled settings in menu, it is a gimmick)

TMC Traffic
Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. Works perfectly. I have tried this with my Tiguan.

Coding:

Information Control Unit
Fee-based traffic information (TMC)
Change value from 65535 to 1024

Ensure that Traffic and RDS is enabled in radio.

Dynamic Road Sign Display
Limited functionality. The "Dynamic" portion of the road sign display does not work, as it cannot fusion the data provided by the GPS. Road Sign Recognition works however, and signs detected by the camera shows up in the left corner of the Discover Head Unit and also the MFD/AID. If you enable this, the speed limit shown on the navigation disappears.

I have tried this with my Tiguan. Most of the time it detects speed signs, but it can still have trouble detecting "School Zone" speed signs. It only shows the limit if it sees a speed sign. Depending on your preference, you may not like to enable this option,

Coding:

1. Module 5F
Adaptations
Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2 traffic_sign_recognition_0x21
Set to Active
Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu menu_display_road_sign_identification
Set to Enabled

Then go to Coding
Long Coding
Byte 24, activate Bit 6

2. Module A5

Then go to Coding
Long Coding
Byte 16, activate Bit 4

3. Module 17

Then go to Coding
Long Coding
Byte 5, activate Bit 2

Then you need to disable Road Sign Fusion.

4. Module A5
Adaptation
Road sign detection fusion mode
Change from Road sign fusion to Road sign detection

If you have HUD in your Tiguan, the following coding will enable speed signs to be shown on it (For NZ and other countries)

Module 82
Coding
Long Coding

Byte 0, Activate Bit 0.

Reboot the infotainment system.

After coding, Dynamic Road Sign limited functionality error will appear every time the car starts, but otherwise does not affect the function of the car.

Light Assist
Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. Works perfectly. I have tried this with my Tiguan.

Dynamic Light Assist
I don't think this is possible with AU Spec Tiguans. We use a different LED headlight that does not have shutters.

Proactive Occupant Protection
Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. I have not had the chance to try it yet.

Flashing Brake Lights
Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. Emits flashing brake lights in scenarios where "hard braking" is detected. In theory it should work. but not sure as I have not tried it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add some of your findings to this thread as well. I have found some of the information online, adapted it, and then re-tested it with the Tiguan, others I have discovered it myself by comparing coding. I am happy to give due credit. Please PM me if that is the case.

Credits:

DV52 - giving me advice and being a cool guy in general
NZ_GolfR - for trying out HUD settings

theitchy
16-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Goood to know this. Thanks heapppp

Delewin
16-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Thank you Peanut. This thread will be a regular visiting spot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gladbach
16-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Awesome. Great to hear that Adaptive Lane Guidance can be enabled. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have ACC and Adaptive Lane Guidance, then you could pretty much achieve TJA without additional coding, with the caveat that you'd need to resume the ACC after being stopped for 3 seconds. The car would start and stop automatically (under 3 seconds) and steer itself. So the only difference with TJA is that it would resume beyond the 3 second stationary time. Am I missing something?

peanut
16-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Awesome. Great to hear that Adaptive Lane Guidance can be enabled. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have ACC and Adaptive Lane Guidance, then you could pretty much achieve TJA without additional coding, with the caveat that you'd need to resume the ACC after being stopped for 3 seconds. The car would start and stop automatically (under 3 seconds) and steer itself. So the only difference with TJA is that it would resume beyond the 3 second stationary time. Am I missing something?

Yes you are. Lane Assist only works above speeds of 65km/h. It requires separate coding in order for it to function under 65km/h, and also for the ACC to restart automatically beyond the 3 second grace period. I will hopefully upload a video of both Emergency Assist and Traffic Jam Assist in action if I am successful in my coding.

Gladbach
16-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Yes you are. Lane Assist only works above speeds of 65km/h. It requires separate coding in order for it to function under 65km/h, and also for the ACC to restart automatically beyond the 3 second grace period. I will hopefully upload a video of both Emergency Assist and Traffic Jam Assist in action if I am successful in my coding.

Ah cool, it was the 65km/h detail that I was missing! Definitely keen to hear how you go with coding for TJA.

NZ_GolfR
16-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Which instructions did you follow for the Dynamic Road Sign Display and Light Assist as these are 2 thing I am keen to enable.
Also interested to try the Adaptive Lane Guidance as I didn't think this would work in our cars. Cheers.

VWVY
16-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Hi all, thought I would like to share some of my findings with you all regarding the possibilities of enabling EU features on our Aussie Tiguans.

Please add some of your findings to this thread as well.

As the Golf Mk7 shares the same MQB platform as the 2nd gen Tiguan, this link would be useful:
MkVII VCDS Tweak - Reference thread (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html)

cheers to DV52 who helped me with a couple of tweaks,
including disabling engine start/stop (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/disable-stop-start-vcds-tweak-94276.html#post1032492).

peanut
16-03-2017, 07:15 PM
As the Golf Mk7 shares the same MQB platform as the 2nd gen Tiguan, this link would be useful:
MkVII VCDS Tweak - Reference thread (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html)

cheers to DV52 who helped me with a couple of tweaks,
including disabling engine start/stop (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/disable-stop-start-vcds-tweak-94276.html#post1032492).

Only some of the tweaks apply to the MY17 Tiguan, as modules have been updated, and existing coding and adaptions has been altered/removed. I urge caution when applying older and other MQB coding with MY17 Tiguans.

NZ_GolfR
16-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Following your instructions above I have managed to activate the Dynamic Road Sign Display but since it is late I haven't been able to test to make sure it actually works yet. One thing I noticed was that after coding I tried to activate it within the Car Setup menu but it wasn't showing. I switched the car off & back on again and it still wasn't there. I locked the car and went inside to do some more reading up on it and when I went back out to the car the option was then available. Seem the car has to be completely powered down to active. Will test it tomorrow to make sure it is reading the road signs and keen to see if they also show in the HUD.

Next to work on is Adaptive Lane Guidance and Light Assist so keen to hear how you activated these ones.

Just to let you know my one already has Proactive Occupant Protection enabled (can switch it on and off in the Car Setup menu). Let me know if you want me to check any of the coding already setup in my car for you to compare.

DV52
16-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Only some of the tweaks apply to the MY17 Tiguan, as modules have been updated, and existing coding and adaptions has been altered/removed. I urge caution when applying older and other MQB coding with MY17 Tiguans.

peanut: caution when doing tweaks is always wise -regardless of which MQB platform vehicle is being modified.

I've just been looking through the adaptation maps from VWVY's Tiggy (which he kindly allowed me to take this afternoon - many thanks again Victor). There appear to be many identical adaptation channels between the two models -so I suspect that there will be a degree of congruence with tweas from other MQB vehicles (including the mk7)

However, there are also many different adaptation channel descriptors, as you say. Whilst I'm sure that there will be entirely new channels in the newer modules, it appears in lots of cases where the changed names are superficial - so it's not difficult in these cases to "translate" the tweak instructions into Tiggy speak

Here's an example: For the mk7, the BCM has a channel name IDE01268-ENG126844-Windshield wiper-Washer_Tipwiping_Variant whereas the Tiggy reports this channel as ENG10610-ENG126844-Front_wiper-Washer_Tipwiping_Variant.

I guess my message to would-be VCDS/VCP/OBD11 "tweakers" is certainly proceed with caution, but likewise, don't discount the wealth of established and now-mature instructions that resides on forums for other MQB models (like mk7 Golf). I'm also a fan of the advantage of making errors in the leaning curve - they are by far the very best learning experience!

It will be obvious which tweaks won't work because you just won't be able to find the adaptation channels -so you won't be able to proceed. Tweaks that require changes to a module's code string are a bit more problematic and these should be approached with more care. In general if you are using instructions from another model NEVER just rely on instructions like "Change Byte 2, Bit 0" - ALWAYS make sure that you have access to the Long coding helper screen from the other vehicle - and compare this Byte/Bit descriptor with that of the Tiggy

And most definitely, BEFORE YOU START making changes, create a complete database of the "virgin" settings in your car - the admaps from VWVY'S Tiggy this morning had well over 5,000 adaptation channels and the ABS module alone had a massive Byte count of 47 bytes - in just this module (incidentally, the ABS module on the MY17 mk7 has exactly the same Byte-count)

Don

latearrival
17-03-2017, 07:22 AM
This thread is fantastic!

Can anyone confirm that enabling Adaptive Lane Guidance works as expected, i.e. keeps the car in the centre of the lane, rather than 'bouncing' it off the lane markings (like Active Lane Assist)?

bestyjny
17-03-2017, 07:26 AM
Guys, all of this features you mention I had in standard equipment.

- Lane Assist
- Light Assist
- Front Assist
- Emergency Assist
- Traffic Jam Assist

I paid extra for:

- Side Assist Plus
- Rear Traffic Alert

If I can help you, let me know what data you need.

I have limited access to VAS and VCDS, so it can take few days.

peanut
17-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Guys, all of this features you mention I had in standard equipment.

- Lane Assist
- Light Assist
- Front Assist
- Emergency Assist
- Traffic Jam Assist

I paid extra for:

- Side Assist Plus
- Rear Traffic Alert

If I can help you, let me know what data you need.

I have limited access to VAS and VCDS, so it can take few days.

The VCDS scan would be very helpful to my efforts! I would really appreciate it if you can upload a copy so that I can compare coding, as I already have several scans from other people.

bestyjny
17-03-2017, 08:31 AM
The VCDS scan would be very helpful to my efforts!

I put some on Ross-Tech forum:

2016 Tiguan MQB, 2.0 TSI 180KM CZPA (http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?8302-2016-Tiguan-MQB-2-0-TSI-180KM-CZPA)

peanut
17-03-2017, 08:32 AM
peanut: caution when doing tweaks is always wise -regardless of which MQB platform vehicle is being modified.

I've just been looking through the adaptation maps from VWVY's Tiggy (which he kindly allowed me to take this afternoon - many thanks again Victor). There appear to be many identical adaptation channels between the two models -so I suspect that there will be a degree of congruence with tweas from other MQB vehicles (including the mk7)

However, there are also many different adaptation channel descriptors, as you say. Whilst I'm sure that there will be entirely new channels in the newer modules, it appears in lots of cases where the changed names are superficial - so it's not difficult in these cases to "translate" the tweak instructions into Tiggy speak

Here's an example: For the mk7, the BCM has a channel name IDE01268-ENG126844-Windshield wiper-Washer_Tipwiping_Variant whereas the Tiggy reports this channel as ENG10610-ENG126844-Front_wiper-Washer_Tipwiping_Variant.

I guess my message to would-be VCDS/VCP/OBD11 "tweakers" is certainly proceed with caution, but likewise, don't discount the wealth of established and now-mature instructions that resides on forums for other MQB models (like mk7 Golf). I'm also a fan of the advantage of making errors in the leaning curve - they are by far the very best learning experience!

It will be obvious which tweaks won't work because you just won't be able to find the adaptation channels -so you won't be able to proceed. Tweaks that require changes to a module's code string are a bit more problematic and these should be approached with more care. In general if you are using instructions from another model NEVER just rely on instructions like "Change Byte 2, Bit 0" - ALWAYS make sure that you have access to the Long coding helper screen from the other vehicle - and compare this Byte/Bit descriptor with that of the Tiggy

And most definitely, BEFORE YOU START making changes, create a complete database of the "virgin" settings in your car - the admaps from VWVY'S Tiggy this morning had well over 5,000 adaptation channels and the ABS module alone had a massive Byte count of 47 bytes - in just this module (incidentally, the ABS module on the MY17 mk7 has exactly the same Byte-count)

Don

Hi Don, thanks for the thoughtful advice you provided. I'm more of an amateur than an experienced VCDS veteran like you. :P

I believe that you are correct in your manner. e.g. personally I cannot find how to enable the DRL menu in my Tiguan because they changed the adaptation, but I know it definitely still exists.

Do you by any chance know the SA for Module 13? By gaining access to module 13, I believe this will allow us to enable Emergency Assist and Traffic Jam Assist, and hopefully Pedestrian Assist as well.

NZ_GolfR
17-03-2017, 08:35 AM
Just to give an update the coding for the Dynamic Road Sign Display works on NZ version of the Tiguan R Line (forgot to mention earlier that I didn't need to change Byte 24, Bit 6 in Module 5F as it was already activated).

The only issue is that I don't get the road signs showing in the Heads Up Display, I do get the warning there if I go over the set speed limit though. I noticed that if I go into the Heads Up Display setting in the Car Setup screen there is no option to turn this on or off like the other features so I am guessing there is additional coding need to enable this. When I get a chance I will have a look at the modules and see what other adaptations there are to see if I can find this one to enable it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peanut
17-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Just to give an update the coding for the Dynamic Road Sign Display works on NZ version of the Tiguan R Line (forgot to mention earlier that I didn't need to change Byte 24, Bit 6 in Module 5F as it was already activated).

The only issue is that I don't get the road signs showing in the Heads Up Display, I do get the warning there if I go over the set speed limit though. I noticed that if I go into the Heads Up Display setting in the Car Setup screen there is no option to turn this on or off like the other features so I am guessing there is additional coding need to enable this. When I get a chance I will have a look at the modules and see what other adaptations there are to see if I can find this one to enable it.

Oh yes, I forgot to include the instructions for enabling traffic signs on HUD because such spec doesn't exist in Australia. :(

I will dig around to see how it can be enabled.

EDIT: Try this, I compared coding with someone else. No guarantees that it will work because I haven't tried it.

Module 82
Coding
Long Coding

Byte 0, Activate Bit 0.

NZ_GolfR
17-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Oh yes, I forgot to include the instructions for enabling traffic signs on HUD because such spec doesn't exist in Australia. :(

I will dig around to see how it can be enabled.

No dramas, figured that the HUD settings wasn't important to you guys since you miss out on it (despite what everyone says I actually find it an awesome option that is really useful). I will have a dig around as well and let you know if I find anything so you can update the post.

peanut
17-03-2017, 08:59 AM
No dramas, figured that the HUD settings wasn't important to you guys since you miss out on it (despite what everyone says I actually find it an awesome option that is really useful). I will have a dig around as well and let you know if I find anything so you can update the post.

Try this, I compared coding with someone else. No guarantees that it will work because I haven't tried it.

Module 82
Coding
Long Coding

Byte 0, Activate Bit 0.

If possible, can I have a copy of your VCDS scan as well to compare coding.

peanut
17-03-2017, 09:01 AM
I put some on Ross-Tech forum:

2016 Tiguan MQB, 2.0 TSI 180KM CZPA (http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?8302-2016-Tiguan-MQB-2-0-TSI-180KM-CZPA)

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. Do you know by any chance which part number does your headlight have?

peanut
17-03-2017, 09:03 AM
This thread is fantastic!

Can anyone confirm that enabling Adaptive Lane Guidance works as expected, i.e. keeps the car in the centre of the lane, rather than 'bouncing' it off the lane markings (like Active Lane Assist)?

Yes it works as expected. It keeps the vehicle in the centre, or whatever position you prefer the vehicle to be at. Amusing to see it work its magic at first, but then it takes away some part of the driving experience. Still helpful for someone like me who's lazy to put their hands on the wheels all the time.

bestyjny
17-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Do you know by any chance which part number does your headlight have?

5NB 941 113 A / 5NB 941 114 A

5NC* for RHD

peanut
17-03-2017, 09:25 AM
5NB 941 113 A / 5NB 941 114 A

5NC* for RHD

How did you find that? Can you show me how? Through VCDS or did you dismantle your headlight?

bestyjny
17-03-2017, 09:29 AM
I found it in ETKA, in the morning I can confirm it on my car (now it's 00:29 here).

DV52
17-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Hi Don, thanks for the thoughtful advice you provided. I'm more of an amateur than an experienced VCDS veteran like you. :P

I believe that you are correct in your manner. e.g. personally I cannot find how to enable the DRL menu in my Tiguan because they changed the adaptation, but I know it definitely still exists.

Do you by any chance know the SA for Module 13? By gaining access to module 13, I believe this will allow us to enable Emergency Assist and Traffic Jam Assist, and hopefully Pedestrian Assist as well.

peanut: thank you for the kind words, but alas I'm just like you when it comes to VCDS - the more I discover, the more I realize what I don't know!

Anyhow - enough of self deprecating comments, your inability to identify the correct adaptation channel for the DRL Menu facility is exactly the situation that I mentioned above whereby the Tiggy control module has a superficial change in the name of the adaptation channel. So here's the instruction for this tweak in "Tiggy speak":

Disable/enable Daytime Running Lights using Discover Media screen (Tiggy mk2)

The following coding is used:
1 Select 09-Cent. Elect.

2.Select Security Access-16

3. Enter the magic number 31347

4. click Do it! tab

5. Select Adaptation-10

6. Enter ENG10575-ENG116594 into the search box and from pull-down channel list, select ENG10575-ENG116594-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich

7. Enter New value = active (default stored value = "not active").

Click Do it! .

Click Add to log to record a copy of the change report .

Click Go Back and exit the VCDS software

Using the function

1. Select Car from the buttons on the side of the media screen. Then press Setup (on the bottom RHS)

2. Select Light

3. Enable the "tick" on Daytime Running Light (tick-on DRLs on, tick-off DRLs off

The Security access code for the module @ address hex13 for the mk7 is 14117. Hope this works on the Tiggy!

Don

Incidentally, this same tweak instructions (above) will work if you are using an OBDeleven dongle - except that your search criteria should be Front, then select the "Parent" adaptation channel Außenlicht_Front then select the "Child" channel Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich. The rest is exactly the same!

NZ_GolfR
17-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Try this, I compared coding with someone else. No guarantees that it will work because I haven't tried it.

Module 82
Coding
Long Coding

Byte 0, Activate Bit 0.

If possible, can I have a copy of your VCDS scan as well to compare coding.

Yes, can confirm that did work and I can now toggle this on and off in the Heads Up Display settings in the Car Setup menu. Looks pretty cool:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/67a1e41612ed76c4ee81331101166218-3.jpg

I don't have a VCDS scan of the car as using OBDEleven dongle but I take a backup of each module before I modified it so can send you some or all of these if that would help.

theitchy
17-03-2017, 12:46 PM
Bad luck i dont know how to use the software and tool to do this. Id like to wait for some experts here to open his door for businesses.

peanut
17-03-2017, 02:18 PM
peanut: thank you for the kind words, but alas I'm just like you when it comes to VCDS - the more I discover, the more I realize what I don't know!

Anyhow - enough of self deprecating comments, your inability to identify the correct adaptation channel for the DRL Menu facility is exactly the situation that I mentioned above whereby the Tiggy control module has a superficial change in the name of the adaptation channel. So here's the instruction for this tweak in "Tiggy speak":

Disable/enable Daytime Running Lights using Discover Media screen (Tiggy mk2)

The following coding is used:
1 Select 09-Cent. Elect.

2.Select Security Access-16

3. Enter the magic number 31347

4. click Do it! tab

5. Select Adaptation-10

6. Enter ENG10575-ENG116594 into the search box and from pull-down channel list, select ENG10575-ENG116594-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich

7. Enter New value = active (default stored value = "not active").

Click Do it! .

Click Add to log to record a copy of the change report .

Click Go Back and exit the VCDS software

Using the function

1. Select Car from the buttons on the side of the media screen. Then press Setup (on the bottom RHS)

2. Select Light

3. Enable the "tick" on Daytime Running Light (tick-on DRLs on, tick-off DRLs off

The Security access code for the module @ address hex13 for the mk7 is 14117. Hope this works on the Tiggy!

Don

Incidentally, this same tweak instructions (above) will work if you are using an OBDeleven dongle - except that your search criteria should be Front, then select the "Parent" adaptation channel Außenlicht_Front then select the "Child" channel Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich. The rest is exactly the same!

Thanks for that. I use OBDEleven, so will be giving a shot tonight to see if it works.

peanut
17-03-2017, 02:19 PM
I don't have a VCDS scan of the car as using OBDEleven dongle but I take a backup of each module before I modified it so can send you some or all of these if that would help.

Yes the OBDEleven backups would be helpful in my efforts. Feel free to send it via PM. I appreciate your help.

latearrival
17-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Yes it works as expected. It keeps the vehicle in the centre, or whatever position you prefer the vehicle to be at. Amusing to see it work its magic at first, but then it takes away some part of the driving experience. Still helpful for someone like me who's lazy to put their hands on the wheels all the time.

Awesome! So for about A$75 (ODBEleven Pro), I can turn ALG on myself. That's worth the asking price even without being able to do any other tweaks!!!

DV52
17-03-2017, 02:40 PM
^^^^ Here's a suggestion- why not start a separate thread on the Tiggy mk2 section of the forum - just for Auto-scans, admaps and Back-ups (basically, any database material related to control modules.

This kind of stuff should all go into one spot -instead of being spread over a number of posts in various threads. Would be a great resource for forum members that have an interest in diagnostic devices IMO

And who knows - the benevolent moderators might even agree that the thread should be a sticky-perhaps (although I suspect that everyone wants all the threads to be sticky)?

Don

Gladbach
17-03-2017, 02:57 PM
^^^^ Here's a suggestion- why not start a separate thread on the Tiggy mk2 section of the forum - just for Auto-scans, admaps and Back-ups (basically, any database material related to control modules.

This kind of stuff should all go into one spot -instead of being spread over a number of posts in various threads. Would be a great resource for forum members that have an interest in diagnostic devices IMO

And who knows - the benevolent moderators might even agree that the thread should be a sticky-perhaps (although I suspect that everyone wants all the threads to be sticky)?

Don

There's this thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815.html

Regdop
17-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Awesome! So for about A$75 (ODBEleven Pro), I can turn ALG on myself. That's worth the asking price even without being able to do any other tweaks!!!

Trouble is it only works on Android software? Us apple people are left high and dry :(

peanut
17-03-2017, 03:22 PM
Trouble is it only works on Android software? Us apple people are left high and dry :(

You can always emulate Android on your PC, that's always an option :google:, or just buy a cheap android tablet dedicated to coding.

latearrival
17-03-2017, 03:37 PM

You can pick up one of these (https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/lenovo-tab-3-7-16gb-tablet-black-syl7tab16) brand new for under $100, less if you can find one on ebay.

I bet if VW said you can have Adaptive Lane Guidance switched on for just $175, you'd have said yes ;)

DV52
17-03-2017, 04:11 PM

Reg: You can blame Steve Jobs for that-it It was largely his decision to insulate iOS away from the computer industry at large and to charge hefty fees to anyone who wanted access to the operating system!!

Steve Jobs get lots of the credit for Apple, but the true genius was the co-founder -the Other Steve (Wozniak - engineers are always the unsung heroes in any software/hardware company!)

Don

bestyjny
17-03-2017, 04:36 PM

if you can afford for Tiguan, it should be not a problem to purchase any ****ty Android device to manipulate with it ;-)

peanut
17-03-2017, 05:38 PM

Doesn't work. It's a shame since I think I might be getting warmer and warmer to enabling the Emergency and Traffic Jam Assist. If anyone else knows the SA for Module 13 that'll be great.

EDIT: I can pretty much confirm that both of those features can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. Just need the SA.

Regdop
17-03-2017, 09:17 PM
if you can afford for Tiguan, it should be not a problem to purchase any ****ty Android device to manipulate with it ;-)

Yeah you got me there!

NZ_GolfR
17-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Doesn't work. It's a shame since I think I might be getting warmer and warmer to enabling the Emergency and Traffic Jam Assist. If anyone else knows the SA for Module 13 that'll be great.

EDIT: I can pretty much confirm that both of those features can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. Just need the SA.

Try using code 20103 (mine accepted this which is the same code as A5 - Front Sensors Driver Assistance System)

TIG162R
17-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Try using code 20103 (mine accepted this which is the same code as A5 - Front Sensors Driver Assistance System)

Thats the same code as the new Passat too. Check out this link: [V5] ProBoards - Free Forums & Free Message Boards (http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/169/coding-adaptations) I PM'd peanut this earlier as I didnt want to rock myself on here LOL

bestyjny
18-03-2017, 04:12 AM
How did you find that? Can you show me how? Through VCDS or did you dismantle your headlight?

Can't confirm from my car headlight. To many plastic covers and every with own part number.

But just sitting in my garage with VCDS and doing scans of every module. Trough weekend I should get my friend car, where it is easier to mention what is not included in setup ;-)

bestyjny
18-03-2017, 07:03 AM
Ok, so after my evening with "zeros and ones", I can confirm that below is possible with Tig:

- enabled needle sweep on Active Info Display
- changed number of blinks in confort turn signals
- enabled confirmation sound when open/close with option in menu
- DRL on/off via media screen (when lights switch is in 0 position)

All in "standard" way, but after coding if not immediately visible change, you need to make "factory reset" selected section of settings.

peanut
18-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Some updates:

- SA 20103 worked for module 13.
- Emergency Assist and Traffic Jam Assist requires long coding on several modules, by that I mean a lot of modules, including Modules 13, 17, 44, 5F, A5, 09.
- Coding in Module 19 - CAN Gateway may be blocking coding to Pedestrian Assist, or we are missing a submodule.

Also what is wrong with the coding for module 09 obtained from VCDS? All of the coding are composed of 0 bits???
Coding for Module 44 - Steering Assist is also significantly different between Tiguans - I only see two bytes in mine, rather than 7 bytes compared to others.

bestyjny
18-03-2017, 08:01 AM
peanut, I've updated my thread on RT. All modules maps in last post.

IsDon
18-03-2017, 04:44 PM
peanut, I've updated my thread on RT. All modules maps in last post.

Where's that Besty? Are you talking about the Ross-Tech forums. I couldn't find much Tiguan related stuff there.

bestyjny
18-03-2017, 05:16 PM
Where's that Besty? Are you talking about the Ross-Tech forums. I couldn't find much Tiguan related stuff there.

Here you go:

IsDon
18-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Here you go:

Cool thanks mate.

NZ_GolfR
19-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Hi peanut, do you mind letting me know how you coded the Adaptive Lane Guidance? I have changed the "Point_of_intervention" to "Early (settings via menu)" in module A5 but this doesn't seem to have fully worked. I now have the option to toggle Adaptive lane guidance in the Driver assistance setting in the Infotainment unit but I don't have the option for the Waring level:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/ef3b0e993fe671bd7ca4434eb52ec971-3.jpg

I am assuming there must be something extra that needs enabling that I have missed? Even though it is showing as turned on it doesn't appear to be working as the lane assistance still doesn't kick in until I get over ~65km/h and still pinballing in the lane.

Also interested to know how you enabled Light Assist as well as I will like to try turning this on in my car as well.

I will hopefully have a copy of all the module backups later today so will PM them to you as well.

Cheers.

bestyjny
19-03-2017, 06:01 PM
I am assuming there must be something extra that needs enabling that I have missed? Even though it is showing as turned on it doesn't appear to be working as the lane assistance still doesn't kick in until I get over ~65km/h and still pinballing in the lane.

Also interested to know how you enabled Light Assist as well as I will like to try turning this on in my car as well.

I will hopefully have a copy of all the module backups later today so will PM them to you as well.

I posted my whole adaptation maps on Ross-Tech forum + in first post I described how my car is equiped. Just go and check :)

bestyjny
19-03-2017, 07:25 PM
And another Tig 2017 EU scanned and published on RT forum.

This time, fully equiped, with everything* you can imagine (* - except webasto):

2017 Tiguan MQB, 2.0 TSI 220KM (CHHB) (http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?9787-2017-Tiguan-MQB-2-0-TSI-220KM-(CHHB))

Enjoy!

shanelord
19-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Emergency Assist/Traffic Jam Assist
[FONT=arial]A high possibility that it will work, given that Adaptive Lane Guidance can be/is enabled. Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven.

UPDATE: It can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. However, Module 44 - Steering Assist Module, varies between vehicles that are spec'd with Traffic Jam Assist/ Emergency Assist, and those that doesn't.

Tiguans that are "spec'd" for TJA and Emergency Assist have 7 bytes in Module 44.
Tiguans that are not "spec'd" for TJA and Emergency Assist only have 2 bytes in Module 44.

I still need more scans from other people, especially those that have TJA, to confirm my findings.

I'd love to get an idea of what I need to do to enable Traffic Jam Assist.

Do you need an export from me or is it something I can delve into myself?

Any reference or guide I can look at first?

Thanks,
Shane.

Ozsko
21-03-2017, 10:13 PM

Peanut, you talk of LANE ASSIST where the question asked was:

latearrival
22-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have ACC and Adaptive Lane Guidance, then you could pretty much achieve TJA without additional coding, with the caveat that you'd need to resume the ACC after being stopped for 3 seconds. The car would start and stop automatically (under 3 seconds) and steer itself. So the only difference with TJA is that it would resume beyond the 3 second stationary time. Am I missing something?

I'm going to have a guess here... ACC (car accelerates and brakes itself) works at all speeds. But Adaptive Lane Guidance (car steers itself) only works at speeds above 65km/h. TJA would require ALG to work at all speeds.

EDIT - Having just read a quote from the UK manual, I'm going to have to disagree with myself here ;) I think ALG works at all speeds and so it would seem that TJA = ACC+ALG.

IsDon
22-03-2017, 10:29 AM
I'm going to have a guess here... ACC (car accelerates and brakes itself) works at all speeds. But Adaptive Lane Guidance (car steers itself) only works at speeds above 65km/h. TJA would require ALG to work at all speeds.

My understanding is slightly different.

Lane assist works at speeds above 65 km/h but Adaptive Lane Guidance, and Traffic Jam Assist only work at speeds below 65 km/h.

Think of it this way. TJA, by its very nature, is meant to help in situations of stop start low speed traffic. Below this speed it's designed to work. Above this speed you're clearly no longer in a traffic jam so TJA is disabled. You still get Lane Assist though above this speed.

latearrival
22-03-2017, 10:38 AM
Adaptive Lane Guidance, and Traffic Jam Assist only work at speeds below 65 km/h.

I thought that ALG was what keeps the car centred within the freeway lane markings (whereas Active Lane Assist only intervenes when you're about to cross a lane without indicating). So I thought it was for freeways not low speed.

EDIT - Actually, I think ALG works at all speeds.

latearrival
22-03-2017, 10:41 AM
Lane assist works at speeds above 65 km/h but Adaptive Lane Guidance, and Traffic Jam Assist only work at speeds below 65 km/h.

Perhaps ALG works at all speeds. From the UK manual:

Traffic Jam Assist function
At speeds under 60 km/h (35 mph) Traffic Jam Assist can maintain a time interval, set by the driver, to a vehicle in front, and help the
vehicle to stay in lane ⇒ .
The system automatically controls acceleration, braking, steering and, if required, will decelerate to a stop behind a vehicle that is
stopping, and then drive away again automatically.

Adaptive Lane Guidance
When adaptive lane guidance is active ⇒ Activating or deactivating adaptive lane guidance , the lane keeping system does not just
provide assistance when the vehicle is at risk of leaving the lane. If the system detects both lane markings to the left and right of the
vehicle, the function provides permanent assistance while the vehicle is in motion.
The system adopts the preferred position within the lane in which the vehicle is travelling. For example, if the vehicle is being driven
slightly off-centre in the lane, the system will learn to adopt the new position within a short period of time.

IsDon
22-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Perhaps ALG works at all speeds. From the UK manual:

Traffic Jam Assist function
At speeds under 60 km/h (35 mph) Traffic Jam Assist can maintain a time interval, set by the driver, to a vehicle in front, and help the
vehicle to stay in lane ⇒ .
The system automatically controls acceleration, braking, steering and, if required, will decelerate to a stop behind a vehicle that is
stopping, and then drive away again automatically.

Adaptive Lane Guidance
When adaptive lane guidance is active ⇒ Activating or deactivating adaptive lane guidance , the lane keeping system does not just
provide assistance when the vehicle is at risk of leaving the lane. If the system detects both lane markings to the left and right of the
vehicle, the function provides permanent assistance while the vehicle is in motion.
The system adopts the preferred position within the lane in which the vehicle is travelling. For example, if the vehicle is being driven
slightly off-centre in the lane, the system will learn to adopt the new position within a short period of time.

Possibly, but TJA is definitely only low speed.

Ozsko
22-03-2017, 10:50 AM
Edited due to being misleading and plain wrong.

Ozsko
22-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Possibly, but TJA is definitely only low speed.

Yes, and the videos on YT illustrate TJA below a threshhold speed of about 67KPH.

latearrival
22-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Lane assist does what you describe above as well, let's clear up some terms as I do believe they are not being used accurately enough and that is leading to confusion by all....

Lane assist....my car has this and it is activated and works above 65KPH. It is meant to give a warning and nudge the car back into the lane.

Active Lane Assist...my car does not have this

Adaptive Lane Guidance....my car does not have this

Active Lane Guidance...my car does not have this

Yes, getting clarity on all these subtlety different terms would be great. You've confused me again though!

I thought the difference between Lane Assist and Active Lane Assist was that the former only provides a warning, it does not intervene. Whereas the latter will take control of the steering. Both only function at 65km/h+. So what you call "Lane Assist", I've been calling "Active Lane Assist".

Active Lane Guidance - What is that?!

Ozsko
22-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Yes, getting clarity on all these subtlety different terms would be great. You've confused me again though!

I thought the difference between Lane Assist and Active Lane Assist was that the former only provides a warning, it does not intervene. Whereas the latter will take control of the steering. Both only function at 65km/h+. So what you call "Lane Assist", I've been calling "Active Lane Assist".

Active Lane Guidance - What is that?!

I could be wrong as well but the terms I listed above are what I have seen written and I don't know the official VW speak surrounding them. My car with lane guidance if left to itself will wander to the left and align itself to the fog line on the left hand side of the road, it will even drive through a highway bend unassisted. It gives a warning if there is no indicator used and it is steered across a lane marking line, what is assistant is at play here? Terms need to be clarified before discussions become more confused so let's do it. The Passat, and Skoda Superb both have TJA, does anyone know where a PDF of both could be had?

latearrival
22-03-2017, 12:41 PM
I've had a quick look at the Australian-issued manual and it doesn't talk about Active Lane Assist vs (Passive) Lane Assist, or Active Lane Guidance vs Adaptive Lane Guidance. Just "Lane Assist" and "Adaptive Lane Guidance". Can I have a stab at some simple definitions?

Lane Assist = Actively intervenes with corrective steering if the car is at risk of leaving the lane. Capable of aligning to a lane marking and following a bend in the freeway but does not align the car between the left and right lane markings.

Adaptive Lane Guidance = Provides permanent assistance to keep the preferred position between two lane markings. (There has possibly been some mix-up of language across posts/reviews because ALG is described in the manual as part of the Lane Assist system rather than as something completely different).

Traffic Jam Assist = Controls acceleration, braking and steering at speeds under 60km/h. (Manual: "An extension of the lane keeping system (Lane Assist), and combines this function with the Adaptive Cruise Control").

Ozsko
22-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Lane assist does what you describe above as well, let's clear up some terms as I do believe they are not being used accurately enough and that is leading to confusion by all....

Lane assist....my car has this and it is activated and works above 65KPH. It is meant to give a warning and nudge the car back into the lane.

Active Lane Assist...my car does not have this

Well ignore all the above it is a load of old rubbish and I will delete it after I have finished posting this amended version.

My car has these options copied directly from the screen and including brackets, etc

Lane Assist (lane departure warning sys.)

Side assist (Lane change assist system)

I should never go from memory I suppose and now I will stand in the corner with the dunces hat on.

Delewin
22-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Hi All,
To bring a standard understanding to the variety of terms used by VW and others regarding the various features available on VW cars I have found these videos from YouTube with date published.

Published 29 August 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_y--hlct60

23 December 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCwBgQY0q6E

I hope this helps our collective understanding?

Regards,
David

latearrival
22-03-2017, 01:21 PM
The only person(s) wearing a dunces hat should be whoever at VW thought that allowing so many variations between safety features among and across models of the same generation was a good idea.

Active Lane Guidance.

I'd love to know what this "Active Lane Guidance" feature is. Anyone?

Ozsko
22-03-2017, 01:53 PM
The only person(s) wearing a dunces hat should be whoever at VW thought that allowing so many variations between safety features among and across models of the same generation was a good idea.

I'd love to know what this "Active Lane Guidance" feature is that we do not have and that is not mentioned in the manual as far as I can tell.

It is a term I saw written somewhere or I think I did, nothing more than that and if it is incorrect we can agree to drop it altogether.

Delewin
22-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Hi Latearrival,

My experience with "active Lane Guidance" is in the Lane Cove tunnel in NSW. It has sweeping bends and a speed limit of 80 Km/Hr.

I lightly keep hold of the steering wheel. I have set the ACC to 80KM. I then let the car steer and accelerate or brake according to the traffic ahead.

I can feel the car turning the steering wheel into the corner when I approach the side of the lane. It slowly moves across the width of the lane until it "sees" the lane marker on the other side. It then gently steers keeping the car in the lane. At no time did I give any steering input to the car.

I have the impression that the car will slowly "zig-zag" across the lane as you travel down the lane.

The above is from my stock standard Tiguan with DAP.

The reason it was working was because I was travelling at "highway" speed. (Above 65 Km/Hr)

What we want to do is "activate" this feature below 65 Km/Hr.

I hope the above helps.
Regards,
David

latearrival
22-03-2017, 02:03 PM
My experience with "active Lane Guidance" is in the Lane Cove tunnel in NSW....
Thanks David. What you've described is just "Lane Assist" without Adaptive Lane Guidance. For TJA to work, I think we need low-speed Adaptive Lane Guidance too.

latearrival
22-03-2017, 02:12 PM
It is a term I saw written somewhere or I think I did, nothing more than that and if it is incorrect we can agree to drop it altogether.

Sorry Ozsko, my fault. I thought in an earlier post you meant that you'd seen 'Active Lane Guidane' on a screen in your car.

I feel I've got a bit of clarity now. At least for an hour or two ;)

With DAP we have Lane Assist (takes corrective action if the car begins to drift over one lane marking, and can even follow one lane marking) but without the Adaptive Lane Guidance extension (needed to maintain position within two lane markings).

Traffic Jam Assist needs both ALG and ACC. So if we can enable ALG with VCDS or OBDEleven, we may be able to enable TJA too. Fingers crossed.

shanelord
22-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Sorry Ozsko, my fault. I thought in an earlier post you meant that you'd seen 'Active Lane Guidane' on a screen in your car.

I feel I've got a bit of clarity now. At least for an hour or two ;)

With DAP we have Lane Assist (takes corrective action if the car begins to drift over one lane marking, and can even follow one lane marking) but without the Adaptive Lane Guidance extension (needed to maintain position within two lane markings).

Traffic Jam Assist needs both ALG and ACC. So if we can enable ALG with VCDS or OBDEleven, we may be able to enable TJA too. Fingers crossed.

That's what I'm hoping!

Ozsko
22-03-2017, 03:33 PM
This is taken from the owners manual page 227 first parargraph:

Traffic jam assist can be switched on or off together with adaptive lane guidance (my italics) -> page 224 by pressing the menu button and the vehicle settings buttons on the infortainment systems -> page 76

So we wander over to page 224 and this is what it says:

Using a camera in the windscreen, the lane keeping system detects lane markings on the road. If the vehicle gets too close to a detected lane marking, the system warns the driver by taking corrective steering action (VW's Italics) and helps keep the vehicle in lane. The corrective steering action may be overridden by the driver at any time.

When the adaptive lane guidance (my itallics) is active -> page 226, the lane keeping system does not just provide assistance when the vehicle is at risk of leaving the lane. If the system detects both lane markings to the left and right of the vehicle the function provides permanent assistance while the vehicle is in motion.

The system adopts the preferred position within the lane in which the vehicle is travelling. For example, if the vehicle is being driven slightly off centre in the lane, the system will learn to adopt the new position within a short period of time.

No steering intervention will occur if the turn signal is switched on as the lane keeping system will assume that the lane change is deliberate.

Lane Change System (side assist plus) - ** To clarify, this is what we call blind spot monitoring**

If the vehicle is equipped with a lane change system (side assist) -> page 229 and the system is activated , the driver is warned by corrective steering intervention when changing lanes during a possible critical situation (information level, warning level). This also occurs when the turn signal is activated in the corresponding direction. If the steering intervention is overridden by the driver, the steering wheel vibrates to give an additional warning.

Lane Change System Page 229

The lane change system uses radar sensors to monitor the area behind the vehicle -> page 39. The system measures the distance and the difference in speed to other vehicles....blah blah, it goes on to describe what we call blind spot monitoring

So there you have it straight from the horses mouth.

Edit above to clarify what VW calls side assist plus. This stuff is bloody confusing TBH, what with local terms, VW not being consistant with terms and the way the book has been written

Delewin
22-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Ha. And I thought activating these mods were going to be easy. The hard part so far is trying to work out just what we have to start with and then what are our options.

The only thing I am totally clear on is the DAP is an absolute must to even start to take advantage of some of the possibly available add ons.

theitchy
22-03-2017, 04:40 PM
I hope the experts in this forum who are currently activating their cars can at least send some demos from really basic tricks and leave guidance for long coding or complex tasks for beginner like me to learn how to hack in the car please ??????

latearrival
23-03-2017, 10:03 AM
The hard part so far is trying to work out just what we have to start with

Agreed! I'm beginning to doubt anyone really knows exactly what their Tig can and can't do. Even the spec sheets don't go far enough - e.g. it just says "Lane Assist" but not whether or not that includes ALG; or "Side Assist" but not whether or not that includes Rear Traffic Alert or "Side Assist Plus.

Now, can anyone tell me how to use OBDeleven to turn on that dormant massage function... ;)

Delewin
23-03-2017, 11:03 AM
No but I can show you how you can have a hot seat.[emoji1]

DV52
23-03-2017, 01:18 PM
hmm........ what is "that dormant massage function."?

latearrival
23-03-2017, 01:40 PM
hmm........ what is "that dormant massage function."?

An example of a feature that's in the Australian manual but not actually available. Absent rather than dormant, I assume (was joking/fantasizing about being able to enable it with VCDS/OBDeleven)

Ozsko
23-03-2017, 01:43 PM
There is no Australian manual from what I can see, it is universal manual and the owner has to figure out what he or she has got in each country.

latearrival
23-03-2017, 01:56 PM
There is no Australian manual from what I can see, it is universal manual and the owner has to figure out what he or she has got in each country.

Yeah, I think you're right. Makes reading it a PITA.

NZ_GolfR
23-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Just thought I might try and clarify some of the assistance systems we get (or at least here in NZ).
Firstly to find out what systems you have in the car, the quickest and easiest way is to push the button on the end of the indicator stalk and you will get the Assistance Screen up on the Active Info Display like this:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/a9804eeac64dcd8b12776e63e3daa5b8-2.jpg

In the NZ 162TSI R Lines we get as standard:

* Lane Assist (Keeps the car within the 2 side lane markings but can be like a pinball and only operates over 65kph)
* Side Assist (Notifies you of cars next to you with the orange light in the side of the wing mirrors and will provide force against the steering wheel if you try changing lanes while it detects something next to you)
* Rear Traffic Alert (Will monitor cross traffic when reversing out of a car park and stop the car if required)
* Front Assist (Monitors what in front of the car warning you when you get too close and even applying the brakes to help avoid collision)

One of the additional feature I have been trying to enable is the Adaptive Lane Guidance (this seems to be what it is called with the Tiguan but think some other models might have slightly different names for it). This feature improves on the basic Lane Assist and will keep the car in the middle of the lane and also operates at low speeds as well. So far I have only partially enabled this, I have the option in the Driver Assistance Settings in the Car Setup menu within the Infotainment system but is missing part of the option settings and even when turned on it doesn't do anything. I haven't had a chance to play much more with this, hopefully Peanut will let us know what other settings need to be changed to enable this.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/6b6e5d1bddbb7da87018e27dcd7e2d82-3.jpg

Once the Adaptive Lane Guidance is enabled then that gives the car pretty much the full Traffic Jam Assist other than the fact the car won't auto-start after being stopped for more than 3 seconds. Whether this can be changed with additional coding will remain to be seen but I am not too fussed if it can't as that still gives the car fantastic functionality for a very small fee (minimal cost of the OBDEleven Pro adapter if you don't already have one). Already digging the Adaptive Cruise Control especially today when crawling along in traffic in the motorway, mostly stayed above 5kmh so the car didn't stop long enough to disengage the ACC so traffic was much easier to deal with. Would be nice if the steering was managed at the low speeds as well (man I am getting lazy in my old age!!!).

The other feature I have enabled is the Dynamic Road Sign Display. This works really well and detects the speed road signs and shows the speed limit on the Active Info Display (and also on the HUD here in NZ). Other than a warning that comes up briefly ~30 seconds after starting the car that it has limited functionality it seems to work well.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/fa5c08a59930b3c0f15365ca1e2dcbd2-3.jpg

I have also enabled TMC Traffic but so far over there this seems to be a bit hit or miss in my car. It was working and gave me some notifications after I turned on the Traffic option in the radio settings (originally forgot to do this) but then the past few times I have checked the TMC logo at the top of the screen has a slash through it again. I have also enabled this on a mates Skoda vRS and his seems to be working better, he had traffic notification showing while mine was showing nothing at the same time.

I have done some other playing around within the settings but it has all been cosmetic changes so I will post the details on this in the other VCDS Tweaks post since these aren't to do with the EU specific features this post is discussing.

Ozsko
23-03-2017, 06:27 PM
The first screen is the same as Oz cars so nothing different between the two markets. It would be a reasonable assumption that having got ALG onto the screen the rest should be doable to enable TJA. I know nothing about coding so maybe reasonable does not come into it.

bestyjny
23-03-2017, 06:42 PM
Guys,

those two systems are separate and works in co-operative.

Lane Assist (LA) is a system which detect lines on road and if you unintentionally aproach to lane, system will notify you.

With Adaptive Lane Guidance (ALG), if LA will detect two lines, one from left, second from right, ALG will try to keep your car in the middle of your lane without notifing you.

EDIT: sorry, NZ_GolfR post his message in the meantime, when my kid forced me to go out from my computer ;-)

I'll compare those screens in my car and I'll let you know if there is something extra you can turn ON.

EDIT: it's all, nothing extra in EU car.

latearrival
01-04-2017, 04:11 PM
One of the additional feature I have been trying to enable is the Adaptive Lane Guidance (this seems to be what it is called with the Tiguan but think some other models might have slightly different names for it). This feature improves on the basic Lane Assist and will keep the car in the middle of the lane and also operates at low speeds as well. So far I have only partially enabled this, I have the option in the Driver Assistance Settings in the Car Setup menu within the Infotainment system but is missing part of the option settings and even when turned on it doesn't do anything.

Has anyone managed to get Adaptive Lane Guidance fully enabled? NZ_GolfR? Peanut?

VWVY
01-04-2017, 04:54 PM
I got to the same screen option as NZ_GolfR above with the option to tick box the Adaptive Lane Guidance, but like NZ_GolfR, I would also like to know how Peanut in post#1 on this thread got the Warning level option to come up as well

latearrival
05-04-2017, 03:31 PM
I think this thread is dead.

VWVY
05-04-2017, 04:34 PM

agreed ... peanut is not responding

theitchy
05-04-2017, 08:29 PM
peanut is enjoying peanut ... be patient ...

NZ_GolfR
05-04-2017, 08:40 PM

I hope not. I have been flat out with work and End of Financial Year over here in NZ I just haven't had a chance to play around lately with my OBDEleven adapter. Hopefully work will settle down after this week and will have some more time to play again. Was hoping Peanut woudl be back on this forum by now as keen to hear how he got got some of his mods working.

Fried_noodles
08-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Hi,

There didn't seem to be clear instructions on this thread on how to enable the Adaptive Lane Guidance. Instructions below are for OBDEleven owners:

1) Go to Front Sensors Driver Assistance System in the Control Units (Module A5)
2) Security Access - code is 20103
3) Coding - Point of intervention - Set this to early (setting via menu)

You should then see the option in the driver assistance settings of the car menu. Works perfectly for me by keeping the car centre in the lane. But this only works above 65km/h. So there are two more changes missing to make this into a TJA function:

1) Allow Adaptive Lane Guidance to work below 65km/h
2) Allow the ACC to stop and start without the 3 second limit

Hope this helps!

veew
08-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Cheers mate, OP updated.

Edit: I meant the OP in the Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks page was updated.

VWVY
08-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Do you know how to get the additional Warning Level option to appear like peanut did in his post #1 in this thread?

Fried_noodles
08-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Do you know how to get the additional Warning Level option to appear like peanut did in his post #1 in this thread?

Hi,

no I haven't managed to enable the warning setting but I don't think the warning is relevant. If you have the DAP package then lane assist is actively steering for you rather than the basic lane assist which gives you a warning only. So if you have Adaptive Lane Guidance which is the most advanced lane assist option, I'm not sure why the warning would be needed or even useful.

VWVY
08-04-2017, 02:05 PM
would not know what it does to the lane guidance behaviour if we can't bring that option up to try ... otherwise anybody that has that option can tell us its function

latearrival
08-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Thanks for posting the ALG activation instructions.

Is there any other step that needs to be done?

OBDeleven first timer here. I followed your instructions but the menu on my imfotainment system doesn't show ALG, even after turning the ignition off and on again.

Fried_noodles
08-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Thanks for posting this!

Is there any other step that needs to be done that needs to be done?

ODBeleven first timer here. I followed your instructions but the menu on my imfotainment system doesn't show ALG, even after turning the ignition off and on again.

No that was it. Make sure you press the green ticks to accept changes. Maybe try the adaptions section and change the point of intervention to early. But I didn't have to do this

latearrival
08-04-2017, 03:11 PM
I did press the green tick & got the coding accepted message. Would you mind telling me more about the Adaptions setting?

theitchy
08-04-2017, 03:27 PM
laterarrival. after playing around with these ODB, please show it clearly ....

latearrival
08-04-2017, 03:58 PM
Sorry guys. User error! In my haste I had chosen "early", not realising that the option was "early (setting via menu)". Now off to test it on the freeway...

EDIT: Just took the Tig for a spin down the freeway and ALG works as advertised - the car stays between the lines rather than zig zagging between them (or hugging one). Given the constant requests to return your hands to the wheel though, I do wonder what use ALG is, apart from the sheer novelty value.

shanelord
08-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Hi,

There didn't seem to be clear instructions on this thread on how to enable the Adaptive Lane Guidance. Instructions below are for OBDEleven owners:

1) Go to Front Sensors Driver Assistance System in the Control Units (Module A5)
2) Security Access - code is 20103
3) Coding - Point of intervention - Set this to early (setting via menu)

You should then see the option in the driver assistance settings of the car menu. Works perfectly for me by keeping the car centre in the lane. But this only works above 65km/h. So there are two more changes missing to make this into a TJA function:

1) Allow Adaptive Lane Guidance to work below 65km/h
2) Allow the ACC to stop and start without the 3 second limit

Hope this helps!

Thankyou. Works perfectly.

Shane.

latearrival
09-04-2017, 02:42 PM
TMC Traffic

Coding:

Information Control Unit
Fee-based traffic information (TMC)
Change value from 65535 to 1024

Ensure that Traffic and RDS is enabled in radio.

Could anyone who has done this successfully please tell me what their RDS setting looks like? In my Radio Settings I have a "RDS Regional" setting with a choice of "Automatic" or "Fixed". But should there be a "Radio Data System" checkbox? Or is what I have, the only RDS setting?

Ozsko
09-04-2017, 09:10 PM
Sorry guys. User error! In my haste I had chosen "early", not realising that the option was "early (setting via menu)". Now off to test it on the freeway...

EDIT: Just took the Tig for a spin down the freeway and ALG works as advertised - the car stays between the lines rather than zig zagging between them (or hugging one). Given the constant requests to return your hands to the wheel though, I do wonder what use ALG is, apart from the sheer novelty value.

The whole point of enabling ALG is the control it gives UNDER 60KPH where in conjunction with ACC it is hoped TJA will then become active.

latearrival
09-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Could anyone who has done this successfully please tell me what their RDS setting looks like? In my Radio Settings I have a "RDS Regional" setting with a choice of "Automatic" or "Fixed". But should there be a "Radio Data System" checkbox? Or is what I have, the only RDS setting?

To answer my own question, for anyone else that's new to all this...

The only thing I had to do in the car's Radio Settings menu was to ensure "Traffic Program (TP)" was ticked and then, under Advanced Settings, that "RDS Regional" was set to "Automatic".

The traffic information didn't become immediately available - TMC was crossed out in the TRAFFIC menu - but became available at some point later. I'm not sure how long that was, maybe an hour or so.

latearrival
09-04-2017, 09:39 PM
The whole point of enabling ALG is the control it gives UNDER 60KPH where in conjunction with ACC it is hoped TJA will then become active.

Yes, that makes sense.

SNOBUM
15-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Hi peanut
Do you have the coding to enable Light Assist?

Gladbach
18-04-2017, 01:42 PM
I received my OBDEleven today, so I'll be playing around with it tonight :) First cab off the rank will be enabling TMC Traffic.

theitchy
18-04-2017, 03:50 PM
GLAD, after fixing all yours, please fix mine too ...hehe ... im happy to pay you, the minimum is the cost for camera installation from MC car security.

Chocolate_Bear
18-04-2017, 04:08 PM
I received my OBDEleven today, so I'll be playing around with it tonight :) First cab off the rank will be enabling TMC Traffic.

Awesome!! Let us know how you go mate

Tiguan 162tsi Rline fully loaded (June 2017) - NSW, Northern Beaches

Ozsko
18-04-2017, 04:29 PM
A lot of users say one of the first things they want to disable is start/stop but it is not really necessary. A long time ago I taught advanced driving both for road craft and track work and one if the first things that got drummed into students was how to brake properly on the road and by that I mean how to brake without the car jerking to a stop. It used to be called the chauffeur stop so the passengers are not aware of the actual stop itself, it is easy to do by modulating the brake pedal and backing off the pressure as the speed reduces. What I have found is that driving this way the stop/start simply does not work and after my vehicle stops I need to give the brake pedal a push to engage the brake because I hate sitting at a set of lights with my foot on the brakes. Sometimes the motor cuts when I push the pedal after stopping but most times it doesn't. What I am saying is it is something that can be controlled with brake pressure if you don't have access to a coding cable and software.

On the track it is totally opposite, into the corner and absolutely as hard as you can jump on the brakes and try and bend the brake pedal and that is a really hard thing to learn as it is totally opposite to how we drive every day.

Gladbach
18-04-2017, 06:36 PM
GLAD, after fixing all yours, please fix mine too ...hehe ... im happy to pay you, the minimum is the cost for camera installation from MC car security.

Sure. I'd follow IsDon's lead though, certainly wouldn't accept payment. Maybe some German beer hehe.

As it turns out, I'm actually having a dash cam installed tomorrow. I was tempted to do it myself, and probably would have on an older car, but I'd rather have it professionally installed so that I don't screw up the trim/roof lining and stuff. I found a good reference in this forum to a guy who does it in Sydney.

Gladbach
18-04-2017, 06:53 PM
Awesome!! Let us know how you go mate

I enabled the traffic feature - it was really easy (well, easy when everyone else on this forum has already done all of the investigation). The instructions I followed were generic, but it was pretty easy to do the same with the OBDEleven.

I now have the traffic messages come up when I press the traffic button, as well as red congestion in the standard navigation view (in both the discover pro unit and the active info display). It's pretty nice.

Eyes24
18-04-2017, 07:04 PM
I enabled the traffic feature - it was really easy (well, easy when everyone else on this forum has already done all of the investigation). The instructions I followed were generic, but it was pretty easy to do the same with the OBDEleven.

I now have the traffic messages come up when I press the traffic button, as well as red congestion in the standard navigation view (in both the discover pro unit and the active info display). It's pretty nice.

Nice, well done!

Chocolate_Bear
18-04-2017, 07:45 PM

Oh man bloody awesome. I might have to visit for your help .. don't mind paying .. or beer[emoji4]

Gladbach
18-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Oh man bloody awesome. I might have to visit for your help .. don't mind paying .. or beer[emoji4]

Sure, you're only around the corner after all!

theitchy
18-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Thank you very much GLAD, sure let me know your favourite beer then... hehe.....I have to other OBDELEVEN ASP then....hehe....The cost of installation a bit too much though and honestly you are lucky to be able to find someone who can do that with same quality as professional.

hoola
27-04-2017, 12:56 PM
Hi all,

Finally took delivery of my 132Tsi with DAP and Luxury Pack (can't afford the Highline!). I have been trying to do some OBDEleven programming and managed to enable TMC, but some of the coding cannot be performed with engine ignition turned on. I know the car electrics can be turned on with the keyless start button as long as the brake pedal is not depressed, but OBDEleven will not connect without the engine ignition turned on. Yet once connected, if the engine ignition is turned off the electrics get turned off.

Will appreciate some advice from the gurus here on how the OBDEleven programming can be done without ignition turned on.

Gladbach
27-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Hi all,

Finally took delivery of my 132Tsi with DAP and Luxury Pack (can't afford the Highline!). I have been trying to do some OBDEleven programming and managed to enable TMC, but some of the coding cannot be performed with engine ignition turned on. I know the car electrics can be turned on with the keyless start button as long as the brake pedal is not depressed, but OBDEleven will not connect without the engine ignition turned on. Yet once connected, if the engine ignition is turned off the electrics get turned off.

Will appreciate some advice from the gurus here on how the OBDEleven programming can be done without ignition turned on.

Congrats hoola. I'm no guru, so far I've only enabled TMC myself. I don't recall the OBDEleven not connecting without the engine turned on though. I'll try it again and see what it does for me.

Which coding are you planning on doing next?

Gladbach
27-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Just tried it. Plugged in dongle, Foot off the break, pressed start engine, opened the app and connected ok.

hoola
27-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Thanks Gladbach. Fiddled with it and the eventually got it to connect by setting the driver profile to ECO and stopping the car while the engine turns off. Managed to get the following coded in OBDEleven:

1. TMC
2. Automatic window closing in rain
3. Adaptive land guidance
4. Enable/display DRL in Discovery Media

The settings in OBDEleven are different from VCDS so it took some experimenting to find the adaptation channels. I did find that the coding option in OBDEleven did not work for Central Electronics. All of the changes were done through adaptation channels. I have yet to find the adaptation channel for sunroof comfort closing but will try that this weekend.

Did try to get Dynamic Road Sign Display working, but OBDEleven does not show byte and bit number so I got stumped at the front sensor driver assistance module (byte 16 bit 4), information electronics (byte 24 bit 6) and the instruments module (byte 5 bit 2), not being able to figure out which to toggle. I know OBDEleven has an app to turn this on for 100 credits but I did not want to try it without knowing how to reverse the changes.

hoola
27-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Turned out to be me not being terribly bright, and long coding can be done in OBDEleven the same way as VCDS. Managed to get Dynamic Road Sign Display programmed, refuel quantity on active information display, and fan speed indicator when the airconditioning is in AUTO mode.

The only adaptation I still cannot figure out is sunroof comfort closing. Looked into Central Electronics and the sunroof module and just cannot find the SAD Komfort adaptation channel.

Gladbach
27-04-2017, 09:52 PM
Thanks Gladbach. Fiddled with it and the eventually got it to connect by setting the driver profile to ECO and stopping the car while the engine turns off. Managed to get the following coded in OBDEleven:

1. TMC

The settings in OBDEleven are different from VCDS so it took some experimenting to find the adaptation channels. I did find that the coding option in OBDEleven did not work for Central Electronics. All of the changes were done through adaptation channels. I have yet to find the adaptation channel for sunroof comfort closing but will try that this weekend.

Did try to get Dynamic Road Sign Display working, but OBDEleven does not show byte and bit number so I got stumped at the front sensor driver assistance module (byte 16 bit 4), information electronics (byte 24 bit 6) and the instruments module (byte 5 bit 2), not being able to figure out which to toggle. I know OBDEleven has an app to turn this on for 100 credits but I did not want to try it without knowing how to reverse the changes.

Awesome, I'll have a stab at those other 3 as well. Keen to see how the adaptive lane guidance works in comparison to the lane assist.

Fried_noodles
27-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Hoola,

Can i ask what the steps were to enable auto rain close?

thanks

1. TMC

hoola
27-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Hi Fried_noodles,

If you are using OBDEleven, the steps to enable auto-rain close for the windows are:

1. Select Central Electronics 09
2. Select "Security Access" and use the security code 31347
3. Select Adaptations
4. Select ZV Komfort in the adaptation channels to see the sub-channels
5. Select "Regenschliessen_ain_aus", toggle to "Active". The default is "not active"
6. Select "Regenschliessen_art", toggle to "Permanent". The default is "once"
7. Select "Menusteuerung Regenschliessen", toggle to "Active". The default is "not active"

This will enable the Discovery Media to display "Automatic closing in rain" as an option for window operation under "Car -> Setup -> Opening and closing setup"

VCDS procedure should be fairly similar.

bestyjny
28-04-2017, 12:12 AM
VCDS procedure should be fairly similar.

It is. But doesn't work.

shanelord
28-04-2017, 06:40 AM
Hoola,

Can i ask what the steps were to enable auto rain close?

thanks

Actually Hoola if any chance you could document or link to the steps for all of the changes you've made that would be great.

BTW do you still get a warning with dynamic road sign display upon startup? At the moment I won't enable this as it's my wife's car and errors are bad :)

Thanks,
Shane.

NZ_GolfR
28-04-2017, 07:40 AM
Actually Hoola if any chance you could document or link to the steps for all of the changes you've made that would be great.

BTW do you still get a warning with dynamic road sign display upon startup? At the moment I won't enable this as it's my wife's car and errors are bad :)

Thanks,
Shane.

Yes you do get a warning that appears on the AID saying the Road Sign Recognition is limited (or something similar can't remember the exact words) and it also dings which is the slightly annoying bit. It doesn't do it as soon as you start the car but about 2 mins after you start driving.

Would love to find a way to turn this off (or at least stop it dinging) but not sure if that is possible at all. I just ignore it now as I know what it is each time (you do get passengers asking what it is) but having the speed signs on the AID (and HUD if in NZ) is definitely worth it. Also handy to have it flash up a warning if you go over a set speed above the detected speed sign (10, 15, 20kmh etc) since the Tiguan is so smooth and quiet you don't always realise how fast your going.

hoola
28-04-2017, 03:19 PM

Thanks,
Shane.

Hi Shanelord,

Summary of OBDEleven steps as follows. I compiled it from changes made by peanut, NZ_GolfR, and others on this forum so none of this is original. I tested most of these functions while out driving yesterday and today. Note I have a 132TSi with DAP and Luxury Pack, not a fully spec 162TSi with R-Line so I am missing Discovery Pro, LED lights, progressive steering and the fancy suspension settings. Your mileage may vary depending on what is fitted.

TMC Traffic

Go into Module 5F - Information Control Unit
Select Adaptations, select "Fee-based traffic information (TMC)
Set value from 65535 to 1024
Make sure you enable traffic information in the radio, and set RDS region to automatic.
Wait for about half an hour and it will receive all the traffic messages. You can confirm that TMC is working looking at the information display where it will display the TMC logo.

Enable/Disable Daytime Running Lights in Discovery Head Unit

Go ​into Module 09 Central Electronics
Select Adaptations, then Aussenlicht Front
SelectTagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich
Set value to Active. The default is "not active"
Click on accept, and enter 31347 as the security code.
From the Discovery head unit, select Car, then Setup
Select Light, and you should see Daytime Running Light as an option

Note, with this change, you turn on the DRL from the Discovery Media, not from the light switch. The light switch can be set to 0 and the DRL will still be controlled from the head unit.

Adaptive Lane Guidance

Go into Module A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
Select Coding, and change Point of Intervention to Early (Setting Via Menu)
Click on "Accept", and use 20103 as the security access code.
This enables Adaptive Lane Guidance as a menu option under Driver Assistance - Lane Assist.

I have tested the difference between lane assist and ALG. LA bounces between the lane markings whereas ALG will more or less keep it in the centre. If you start drifting it will nudge it back. This works only above 65 kph. The AID will show when it is working. It works quite well with ACC.

Automatic Window Closing in Rain

Go into Module 09 Central Electronics
Go into Security, use 3134 as the security code.
Select Adaptations, and then ZV Komfort
Select Regenschliessen_ain_aus, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
Then select Regenschliessen_art, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
Finally select Menusteuerung Regenschliessen, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
This enables Automatic closing in rain as a menu option under Window Operation

I have yet to really try if this works or if it is just the menu as I have not been driving in the rain with the windows opened.

Enable Refuel Quantity as Driving Data Option in AID

Go into Module 17 Instruments
Coding, select Byte 10 and activate Bit 4.
The default is 5 litres. Pretty sure this can be changed via coding but I did not bother.

Enable Fan Speed Indication for Airconditioning when in AUTO mode

Go into Module 8 Auto HVAC
Coding, select Byte 11 and activate Bit 6.
This turns the lights on to indicate fan speed

Enable Dynamic Road Sign Display

Go into Module 5F Information Electronics
Select Adaptations, then Vehicle_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2
Select menu_display_road_sign_identification_0x21, and set to Enabled
Select Adaptions, Vehicle_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu
Select menu_display_road_sign_identification, set to Enabled
Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6
Go into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
Select Coding, and then select Byte 16, activate Bit 4
Select Coding, then Byte 5, active bit 2
Go back into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
Select Adaptations, then Road sign detection fusion mode, and change to Road Sign Detection. The original is Road Sign Fusion
Reboot the infotainment unit

The warning will pop up with an audio ding about one to two minutes after you start driving. This warning cannot be removed nor the alarm silenced, but the road sign function works including detecting temporary speed restrictions from road works. It will remove the speed limit display from the navigation map, and replace it with the speed limits that it detected. The detected road signs show up on the AID as well.

I suspect the warning has something to do with the road sign recognition function being programmed to recognise road signs complying with the EU regulations, and if the car is coded for any other regions it will display the warning stating that the functionality is restricted. In any case apart from the warning it works better than the navigation limits, since the Volkswagen Australian maps are at least 3 years out of date in some places and my estate shows up as offroad driving even though I have been in the current place for 3 yearss.

Mods that Do Not Work

Light Assist. I cannot get it to work on 132TSi with DAP/Luxury. Function most likely requires a separate headlight assembly. The xenon lights show up as BASIC, and there are quite a few other options that can be selected if the car is installed with it. The Highlines may be different.

Still Trying to Figure Out

Sunroof comfort closing. The 132TSi with sunroof does not have sunroof as an available adaptation parent channel in the central electronics. VW might have removed this due to safety reasons.

Gladbach
28-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Hi Shanelord,

Summary of OBDEleven steps as follows. I compiled it from changes made by peanut, NZ_GolfR, and others on this forum so none of this is original. I tested most of these functions while out driving yesterday and today. Note I have a 132TSi with DAP and Luxury Pack, not a fully spec 162TSi with R-Line so I am missing Discovery Pro, LED lights, progressive steering and the fancy suspension settings. Your mileage may vary depending on what is fitted.

TMC Traffic

Make sure you enable traffic information in the radio, and set RDS region to automatic.
Wait for about half an hour and it will receive all the traffic messages. You can confirm that TMC is working looking at the information display where it will display the TMC logo.

Enable/Disable Daytime Running Lights in Discovery Head Unit

Go ​into Module 09 Central Electronics
Select Adaptations, then Aussenlicht Front
SelectTagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich
Set value to Active. The default is "not active"
Click on accept, and enter 31347 as the security code.
From the Discovery head unit, select Car, then Setup
Select Light, and you should see Daytime Running Light as an option

Note, with this change, you turn on the DRL from the Discovery Media, not from the light switch. The light switch can be set to 0 and the DRL will still be controlled from the head unit.

Adaptive Lane Guidance

Go into Module A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
Click on "Accept", and use 20103 as the security access code.
This enables Adaptive Lane Guidance as a menu option under Driver Assistance - Lane Assist.

I have tested the difference between lane assist and ALG. LA bounces between the lane markings whereas ALG will more or less keep it in the centre. If you start drifting it will nudge it back. This works only above 65 kph. The AID will show when it is working. It works quite well with ACC.

Automatic Window Closing in Rain

Go into Module 09 Central Electronics
Go into Security, use 3134 as the security code.
Select Adaptations, and then ZV Komfort
Select Regenschliessen_ain_aus, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
Then select Regenschliessen_art, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
Finally select Menusteuerung Regenschliessen, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
This enables Automatic closing in rain as a menu option under Window Operation

I have yet to really try if this works or if it is just the menu as I have not been driving in the rain with the windows opened.

Enable Refuel Quantity as Driving Data Option in AID

Coding, select Byte 10 and activate Bit 4.
The default is 5 litres. Pretty sure this can be changed via coding but I did not bother.

Enable Fan Speed Indication for Airconditioning when in AUTO mode

Go into Module 8 Auto HVAC
Coding, select Byte 11 and activate Bit 6.
This turns the lights on to indicate fan speed

Enable Dynamic Road Sign Display

Go into Module 5F Information Electronics
Select Adaptations, then Vehicle_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2
Select menu_display_road_sign_identification_0x21, and set to Enabled
Select Adaptions, Vehicle_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu
Select menu_display_road_sign_identification, set to Enabled
Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6
Go into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
Select Coding, and then select Byte 16, activate Bit 4
Select Coding, then Byte 5, active bit 2
Go back into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
Select Adaptations, then Road sign detection fusion mode, and change to Road Sign Detection. The original is Road Sign Fusion
Reboot the infotainment unit

The warning will pop up with an audio ding about one to two minutes after you start driving. This warning cannot be removed nor the alarm silenced, but the road sign function works including detecting temporary speed restrictions from road works. It will remove the speed limit display from the navigation map, and replace it with the speed limits that it detected. The detected road signs show up on the AID as well.

I suspect the warning has something to do with the road sign recognition function being programmed to recognise road signs complying with the EU regulations, and if the car is coded for any other regions it will display the warning stating that the functionality is restricted. In any case apart from the warning it works better than the navigation limits, since the Volkswagen Australian maps are at least 3 years out of date in some places and my estate shows up as offroad driving even though I have been in the current place for 3 yearss.

Mods that Do Not Work

Light Assist. I cannot get it to work on 132TSi with DAP/Luxury. Function most likely requires a separate headlight assembly. The xenon lights show up as BASIC, and there are quite a few other options that can be selected if the car is installed with it. The Highlines may be different.

Still Trying to Figure Out

Sunroof comfort closing. The 132TSi with sunroof does not have sunroof as an available adaptation parent channel in the central electronics. VW might have removed this due to safety reasons.

Absolute legend. You've saved me a bunch of time. I'll do some of these on the weekend :)

AEROBERGERKLOPS
28-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Just wondering if it's possible to disable the "eco-tip" messages that appear on the active info display if you turn off the stop/start?
Does permanently turning off the stop/start function via VCDS also turn off that notification?

Another eco-tip that comes up is when driving at higher speeds with the windows down or slightly open. Is there just a way to get rid of those eco-tips all together, whilst still driving in eco mode?

lm_jo
28-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Just wondering if it's possible to disable the "eco-tip" messages that appear on the active info display if you turn off the stop/start?
Does permanently turning off the stop/start function via VCDS also turn off that notification?

Another eco-tip that comes up is when driving at higher speeds with the windows down or slightly open. Is there just a way to get rid of those eco-tips all together, whilst still driving in eco mode?
You can turn it off from the car menu. I can check the exact menu flow for you when I get home.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

NZ_GolfR
28-04-2017, 08:03 PM
So I think I have managed to have some success here with activating this wit the R-Line LED lights. Here is what I have done (using OBDeleven):

Make sure Lights are switched off
Control Unit: Central Electronics (Hex09)
Adaption - Fernlicht_assistent - Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent: Change to Present
Adaption - Fernlicht_assistent - Erweiterte_Frenlichtsteuerung: Change to AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS (mine was originally set to: AFS, Fernlicht ueber AFS) - This was the important change that wasn't documented anywhere else and seems to stop the rest of the coding from working.
Coding - Long Coding - Byte 2: Change to Hex3 (Bit 0=1, Bit 1=1)
Control Unit: Front Sensors Driver Assistance System (HexA5)
Coding - AFS_coding_Light_assist: Change to High_Beam_Assist (Long coding Byte 21 - Hex 20 (Bit 5=1))

Once I had done this I now have Light Assist showing in the Car Settings Menu under Light Settings:

And when I flick the lights stalk forward I get the Light with A in it showing on the AID:

Now I just need to test to see how it works...

NZ_GolfR
28-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Just took it for a test run and it worked perfectly (once I managed to find a suitable bit of road). You have to be going over 60kmh and the road has to be dark for them to come on. The road I went on has a dark patch in which the high-beams switched on then when I reached a street light they automatically switched off again.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to meet any cars coming the other way while testing but since it worked for the street lights I don't see it having any issues for oncoming cars.

Ozsko
28-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Just to clarify things, is this a straight switch from low to high or VV or is it the fade away where the shape of the high beam changes as a car approaches as in the Audi?

NZ_GolfR
28-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Just to clarify things, is this a straight switch from low to high or VV or is it the fade away where the shape of the high beam changes as a car approaches as in the Audi?

It was just a straight switch from high to low but that was when I entered street light area. Wasn't able to test with oncoming cars (am in too much of an urban area with too many street lights) so maybe different but I don't think we get the Matrix LED which is what does this in the Audi if I remember reading correctly somewhere.

Ozsko
28-04-2017, 09:04 PM
I doubt it also but there has been such a lot of confusion with TJA and Lane Assist/Active Lane Guidance etc I thought it best to ask the question. I will be interested in the oncoming car test and at whether the oncoming driver is happy with when they dip when you get a chance to try it.

hoola
28-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Just took it for a test run and it worked perfectly (once I managed to find a suitable bit of road). You have to be going over 60kmh and the road has to be dark for them to come on. The road I went on has a dark patch in which the high-beams switched on then when I reached a street light they automatically switched off again.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to meet any cars coming the other way while testing but since it worked for the street lights I don't see it having any issues for oncoming cars.

Hi NZ_GolfR,

This must be a Highline/R-Line only mod. The 132TSi is coded with BASIC for Erweiterte_Frenlichtsteuerung,which probably refers to the normal halogen headlights. I tried the same thing except changing Erweiterte_Frenlichtsteuerung and Light Assist will not work. Since Highline has the LED headlight assembly and is coded with AFS, Fernlicht ueber AFS this must be the reason why it did not work for me.

hoola
29-04-2017, 09:46 PM
I think I reached the same place as peanut with regards to TJA and pedestrian assist, not having much success getting it working yet. I have compared my AU 132TSi with DAP against EU spec 132TSi with DAP and found the following differences.

Module 09 Central Electronics
No difference in coding. All bytes appear to be 0 for both cars

Module 13 Adaptive Cruise Control
Exactly the same hardware revision and part number. AU spec software revision is J instead of H for EU spec. AU spec has an additional adaptation channel for radar power reduction. There are at least 4 bytes in long coding that are different (bytes 01, 03, 04 and 06)

Module 17 Instruments
Same hardware and software for AU and EU spec cars. There are two bytes that are different (bytes 00 and 04)

Module 44 Steering Assist
AU Tiguans have rev R hardware and rev T software, EU has rev E hardware and rev M software. However, the biggest difference is that AU Tiguans only has 2 bytes in the long coding sequence whereas EU has 7 bytes.

Module 5F Information Electronics
Same hardware and software revisions between AU and EU cars. Total of 6 bytes difference (bytes 03, 09, 14, 19, 23 and 24). Note I have enabled Dynamic Road Sign Display in my car so the affected bit in byte 24 is the same between my car and the EU car.

Module A5 Front Sensor Drive Assistance
Same hardware revision, AU Tiguans have software rev G compared to rev F for EU. Total of 7 bytes being different (bytes 06, 09, 12, 14, 16, 19 and 21). Note I have enabled Dynamic Road Sign Display in my car so the affected bit in byte 16 is the same between my car and the EU car.

Has anyone managed to get TJA working? Peanut?

Aus_fas
05-05-2017, 06:47 AM
I doubt it also but there has been such a lot of confusion with TJA and Lane Assist/Active Lane Guidance etc I thought it best to ask the question. I will be interested in the oncoming car test and at whether the oncoming driver is happy with when they dip when you get a chance to try it.
Thanks to NZ_Golf, it worked perfectly on my 140TDI. Dipped automatically with on coming cars. The sensor or camera must be in windscreen as it dipped well in advance for on coming cars!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

IsDon
05-05-2017, 08:43 AM
We just received our new Tig.

It appears Adaptive Lane Guidance is available by default now. Just needs switching on. No coding required.

Gladbach
05-05-2017, 11:28 AM

It appears Adaptive Lane Guidance is available by default now. Just needs switching on. No coding required.

Congrats IsDon! Interesting to hear, I'm still planning on coding it when I have time.

IsDon
05-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Congrats IsDon! Interesting to hear, I'm still planning on coding it when I have time.

Yep, me too.

It's actually my wife's car. I've only driven it for about ten minutes. I had to show her how the Park Assist and adaptive cruise works.

She heads to Adelaide on the weekend. While the cats away, the mice will play.

NZ_GolfR
05-05-2017, 11:33 AM

Interesting, do you have the option to change the Warning Level? Have coded mine and the menu option to turn on and off is there but I don't have the Warning Level like what Peanut had in the photo in the first post.

IsDon
05-05-2017, 11:54 AM
Interesting, do you have the option to change the Warning Level? Have coded mine and the menu option to turn on and off is there but I don't have the Warning Level like what Peanut had in the photo in the first post.

Cars not here at the moment. Wife's out showing off.

I'll have a look and a play tomorrow.

Fried_noodles
05-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Interesting update, is it an MY17 model and do you know of it has TJA?

Aus_fas
05-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Interesting update, is it an MY17 model and do you know of it has TJA?
Keen to know about TJA, as this is the second most missed item after speed sign recognition for me [emoji45]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

IsDon
05-05-2017, 05:27 PM
No, it doesn't have TJA. It is a 2017 build MY17.

Will be interesting to see what VCDS reveals over the weekend. Im hoping it has some of the missing bytes required for TJA to be activated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drazman2000
05-05-2017, 07:48 PM
How do you activate it?

pugsrus
07-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Hello, im new here and want to know if someone can help. I purchase a Touareg wolfsburg edition last week and my understanding is that it had Lane Departure Warning where the wheel vibrates, but i soon found out that it doesnt, so my question is is there anyone that can code it somehow for it to work. I have adaptive cruise and the lane warning where it lights up if there is a car next to me, but was hoping someone out there can help me with the lane departure warning. Many thanks in advance
Steve

sharp
08-05-2017, 01:42 PM

Interesting, I picked up mine on 1 May and no adaptive lane guidance :/

Gladbach
08-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Interesting, I picked up mine on 1 May and no adaptive lane guidance :/

It's easy to turn on with OBDEleven or VCDS. I've activated it, but to be honest, I don't really see the need for it. The standard lane assist is good as a safety system to keep you from drifting out of the lane, but centering in the lane, while sounding cool, doesn't actually do much for you. It's good as a novelty, but you can't really rely on it as a semi-autonomous driving function as it often doesn't pick up the lane markings and therefore de-activates. The little lane assist icon changes from green to orange but it's easy to not realise it's deactivated until you start drifting out of the lane, look down and see that it's orange.

I've turned if off for now (via the discover pro menu). I might play with it again soon.

I guess I'm just trying to re-assure you that you're not missing out on much.

pugsrus
09-05-2017, 02:36 AM
I live south east of melbourne, how can i get mine coded so i can get the lane departure warning working. I have adaptive cruise and the light in the mirror when there is a car next to me, but i want to activate the one where if you cross the lane it warns your that u are crossing the lanes, I think the steering is suppose to vibrate as well

Coxie
09-05-2017, 08:24 AM
I live south east of melbourne, how can i get mine coded so i can get the lane departure warning working. I have adaptive cruise and the light in the mirror when there is a car next to me, but i want to activate the one where if you cross the lane it warns your that u are crossing the lanes, I think the steering is suppose to vibrate as well

Isn't that a standard feature? The Tiguan i test drove a month ago had it on as i tested it to see how annoying it is in comparison to the Subaru system. Neither like the yellow lines on the tulla freeway at the moment hahaha.

sharp
09-05-2017, 10:29 AM
It's easy to turn on with OBDEleven or VCDS. I've activated it, but to be honest, I don't really see the need for it. The standard lane assist is good as a safety system to keep you from drifting out of the lane, but centering in the lane, while sounding cool, doesn't actually do much for you. It's good as a novelty, but you can't really rely on it as a semi-autonomous driving function as it often doesn't pick up the lane markings and therefore de-activates. The little lane assist icon changes from green to orange but it's easy to not realise it's deactivated until you start drifting out of the lane, look down and see that it's orange.

I've turned if off for now (via the discover pro menu). I might play with it again soon.

I guess I'm just trying to re-assure you that you're not missing out on much.

Thanks for reply. I've already ordered my OBDeleven and it should be arriving today. I'll activate it and try it on Saturday from Sydney to Newcastle and back. Lines are generally better and darker on freeways so it may work better, I'll see how it goes.

P.S. yes, I don't pick up the colour change of that icon in day to day traffic either but on freeways and speed set at 110km/hr I'm hoping it will never turn orange.

hoola
09-05-2017, 11:51 AM

The steering does not really vibrate but you will feel quite a fair amount of resistance. The light in the mirror flashes and the steering wheel stiffens up.

It will only trigger above 65 km/h and needs to detect the lane markings for it to work. The lane assistance symbol should be green to indicate that it is triggered (it is orange if it is not triggered) and you should also see that it has detected the lane markings (in white). Note if you have your turn signals active it will inactivate lane assistance.

Regdop
09-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Thanks for reply. I've already ordered my OBDeleven and it should be arriving today.

Hey Sharp, would you mind telling me where you ordered it from and the cost please? Also does it now have a menu system specific for the gen 2 Tiguan? Im an absolute gumby and don't want to muck around with coding,,, cheers Gary

sharp
10-05-2017, 03:09 PM
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/obdeleven-audi-volkswagen-skoda-diagnostic-system/
Paid ~$100 for the pro version with express delivery. Paid on Monday received on Tuesday. I'm a newbie too but followed the instructions I found on forums and it worked!

VWVortex.com - How to Enable Adaptive Lane Tracking with OBDEleven (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8514186-How-to-Enable-Adaptive-Lane-Tracking-with-OBDEleven)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/guide-enable-eu-specific-features-au-spec-tiguans-117741-post1226308.html#post1226308

Regdop
10-05-2017, 08:22 PM
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/obdeleven-audi-volkswagen-skoda-diagnostic-system/
Paid ~$100 for the pro version with express delivery. Paid on Monday received on Tuesday. I'm a newbie too but followed the instructions I found on forums and it worked!

VWVortex.com - How to Enable Adaptive Lane Tracking with OBDEleven (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8514186-How-to-Enable-Adaptive-Lane-Tracking-with-OBDEleven)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/guide-enable-eu-specific-features-au-spec-tiguans-117741-post1226308.html#post1226308

Cheers for that !!

Regdop
10-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Can OBDeleven be used to disable the engine stop/start function?

SimoHDK
10-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Sure can!

theitchy
10-05-2017, 09:08 PM
hi everyone,

how can i backup my current car's setting before using OBD to enable new features. thank you

SimoHDK
10-05-2017, 11:33 PM
OBDeleven takes a log of before / after values every time you make a change. To restore the changes you have to manually check the log and amend the adaptations accordingly.

theitchy
11-05-2017, 11:15 PM
thanks Simon for instructions, and

Adaptive Lane Guidance

select Coding or Long coding ... in the OBDELEVEN i only am able to see long coding ....sorry for this ...please be patient ....hehe

sharp
12-05-2017, 01:39 PM
thanks Simon for instructions, and

select Coding or Long coding ... in the OBDELEVEN i only am able to see long coding ....sorry for this ...please be patient ....hehe

yes, long coding (and yes, it confused me too).

theitchy
12-05-2017, 11:18 PM
thankks sharp ..thats why my friend call me banana...hehe

DV52
13-05-2017, 09:11 AM
hi everyone,
how can i backup my current car's setting before using OBD to enable new features. thank you

Like this:
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/02/92y9LcDpng-1.jpg

Repeat this process for each control module listed in the first screenshot for your car. My screenshot is from my test bench (my "virtual car"), so it only lists 5 x modules - but a real car will have many more modules.

It does take time to establish a complete back-up database, but it's a worthwhile exercise IMO for when (not, "if") the brown stuff and the fan meet - especially if you intend to use OBD11 Apps (which don't/haven't-normally recorded the before/after change values)

Another advantage of having a back-up database is that you can scrutinize the settings on your car before implementing a tweak - without the need to hook up the OBD11 dongle. Very useful if you want to see if the tweak is suitable!

Don

theitchy
13-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Thank you very much DV52 ... I appreaciate this kindness very much .....i struggle backing up these things and already made change for Traffic and LED light. However this would be a big help before i start stuffing up everything ...hehe.....thank you kindly DV52

cabby09
13-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Has anyone managed to code rear DRL yet?

DV52
14-05-2017, 09:13 AM
Has anyone managed to code rear DRL yet?

caddy: it's done a number of ways - Scandinavian DRL tweak being one of these -Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht>active. But this change also lights-up other lamps like the dash

Or, you could use the technique below - if you have OBD11 (you 1st need to select Central electrics module):

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/irfFTMhpng-3.jpg

and if you have VCDS - it's done like this (you 1st need to select the BCM and enter the magic number 31347):

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/Q3B3aRVpng-3.jpg

Don

EDIT: OK - slight change to the screenshots above which work for MQB platform vehicles prior to MY17 build. If your car has the newer ODX modules (I suspect the new Tiggy has these), then the "Parent" part of the adaptation channel name is Außenlicht_Front (instead of Daytime running lights). If you are using VCDS on the new Tiggy, the full adaptation channel name is ENG10575-ENG115833-Außenlicht_Front-Fahrlicht bei Tag.

Delewin
14-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Excuse my ignorance. What are rear DRLs? Why would you want to switch them on? Would they be confused with normal rear red lights?
Thanks.
David

cabby09
14-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Rear DRL helps make the car more visible at all times and looks so much better. A lot of the Audi models have been doing it since about 2011. It's not nearly as bright as brake lights and no driver should get them confused with normal brake lights. My current S3 has them as well as the GTI and 7R in my country.

Thanks for the info DV52. Does that activate the rear DRL as well as the front ones as per the factory setting?

bendor
15-05-2017, 12:38 PM
So I'm still waiting for my R-Line, and apologies if this is elsewhere but my brother owns an Octavia RS with similar DSG and he sent me the following info re something Octavia owners have changed through coding.

Basically it changes the throttle lag to the same Audi mapping so that response is instant rather than the delay that I believe Skoda and VW owners have complained about. He carried out the change via coding over the weekend and swears it is significantly better.

Anybody want to see if they can get it going on a Tig?

Delewin
15-05-2017, 06:06 PM
On the surface this sounds very interesting.

Delewin
15-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Thank you Bender for bringing this to our communal attention.

Ozsko
15-05-2017, 06:30 PM
My perception of why the Tiguan has a slow throttle response is if it is used off road a fast response is not desirable. The once I have had mine truly off road the throttle response seemed to suit the conditions.

DV52
15-05-2017, 07:07 PM
So I'm still waiting for my R-Line, and apologies if this is elsewhere but my brother owns an Octavia RS with similar DSG and he sent me the following info re something Octavia owners have changed through coding.

Basically it changes the throttle lag to the same Audi mapping so that response is instant rather than the delay that I believe Skoda and VW owners have complained about. He carried out the change via coding over the weekend and swears it is significantly better.

Anybody want to see if they can get it going on a Tig?

Bender: This tweak (setting the car type to Audi) has been floating about for some time now. A few of us over on the mk7 thread (which is also built on an MQB platform - like the new Tiggy) tried it. My experience with this tweak was that it did not make an appreciable difference (if any) to performance and that using the Audi setting caused an incompatibility problem with the ABS module. I can't remember now the exact error message, but the ABS complained bitterly until I reverted the setting back.

In a remarkable coincidence of happenstance (how's that for a tautology ?)- I've just been corresponding with a another colleague via PM about this very matter. My colleague (point) implemented a tweak which was first posted by XaGiCo and which was reported as dramatically changing the responsiveness of the vehicle. It goes like this:

1) Select Command Module: 44 - Steering Assist
2) Select Security Access: 16 Access Code 19249
3) Select Adaptation: 10
4) Select Driving profile switchover and Vary parameter 'Direct; controlled over threshold value'

Now, Ive personally not tried the tweak, but point reports that it has resulted in a much better responsiveness from his (her?) gearbox,

Don

Gladbach
15-05-2017, 10:28 PM
My perception of why the Tiguan has a slow throttle response is if it is used off road a fast response is not desirable. The once I have had mine truly off road the throttle response seemed to suit the conditions.

Not sure I agree with that. If you change it to sport mode, the throttle becomes more sensitive and overall the car responds quicker when you put your foot down, even when you change the DSG to "D". When you use the manual dial to put it into off-road mode it dulls the throttle response right down.

If you're in normal mode, the throttle is a bit too numb for me, which is why I drive in individual with the DCC set to normal but the "drive" set to sport (then I change from S to D on the gear shifter). This to me strikes a good balance between economical shifting, not too stiff suspension, and a decent throttle response.

Ozsko
15-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Not sure I agree with that. If you change it to sport mode, the throttle becomes more sensitive and overall the car responds quicker when you put your foot down, even when you change the DSG to "D". When you use the manual dial to put it into off-road mode it dulls the throttle response right down.

If you're in normal mode, the throttle is a bit too numb for me, which is why I drive in individual with the DCC set to normal but the "drive" set to sport (then I change from S to D on the gear shifter). This to me strikes a good balance between economical shifting, not too stiff suspension, and a decent throttle response.

Mine is not an R line.

sharp
16-05-2017, 09:34 PM
caddy: it's done a number of ways - Scandinavian DRL tweak being one of these -Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht>active. But this change also lights-up other lamps like the dash

Or, you could use the technique below - if you have OBD11 (you 1st need to select Central electrics module):

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/irfFTMhpng-1.jpg

and if you have VCDS - it's done like this (you 1st need to select the BCM and enter the magic number 31347):

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/Q3B3aRVpng-1.jpg

Don

EDIT: OK - slight change to the screenshots above which work for MQB platform vehicles prior to MY17 build. If your car has the newer ODX modules (I suspect the new Tiggy has these), then the "Parent" part of the adaptation channel name is Außenlicht_Front (instead of Daytime running lights). If you are using VCDS on the new Tiggy, the full adaptation channel name is ENG10575-ENG115833-Außenlicht_Front-Fahrlicht bei Tag.

Thanks for this but does this mean it's not possible to activate the rear DRLs without changing the front DRLs? I like the look of front DRLs I wouldn't want to use low beam lights as front DRL. OR am I missing something?

gorey
17-05-2017, 03:59 PM
Bender: This tweak (setting the car type to Audi) has been floating about for some time now. A few of us over on the mk7 thread (which is also built on an MQB platform - like the new Tiggy) tried it. My experience with this tweak was that it did not make an appreciable difference (if any) to performance and that using the Audi setting caused an incompatibility problem with the ABS module. I can't remember now the exact error message, but the ABS complained bitterly until I reverted the setting back.

In a remarkable coincidence of happenstance (how's that for a tautology ?)- I've just been corresponding with a another colleague via PM about this very matter. My colleague (point) implemented a tweak which was first posted by XaGiCo and which was reported as dramatically changing the responsiveness of the vehicle. It goes like this:

4) Select Driving profile switchover and Vary parameter 'Direct; controlled over threshold value'

Now, Ive personally not tried the tweak, but point reports that it has resulted in a much better responsiveness from his (her?) gearbox,

Don

Very interested to see how this goes on the Tiguan. Seems to be a common complaint. One thinks I don't understand though is why would VW not have this set by default if it provides much better drivability? Possibly trade off?

bendor
17-05-2017, 07:05 PM

Don

Thanks Don, sadly I will only be able to try these in late October once mine arrives :(

Is your tweak specifically for VWs or do you think that will also work on Skodas....if so I might twist my bros arm to try it?

IsDon
01-06-2017, 01:25 PM
So I think I have managed to have some success here with activating this wit the R-Line LED lights. Here is what I have done (using OBDeleven):

Make sure Lights are switched off
Control Unit: Central Electronics (Hex09)
Adaption - Fernlicht_assistent - Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent: Change to Present
Adaption - Fernlicht_assistent - Erweiterte_Frenlichtsteuerung: Change to AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS (mine was originally set to: AFS, Fernlicht ueber AFS) - This was the important change that wasn't documented anywhere else and seems to stop the rest of the coding from working.
Coding - Long Coding - Byte 2: Change to Hex3 (Bit 0=1, Bit 1=1)
Control Unit: Front Sensors Driver Assistance System (HexA5)
Coding - AFS_coding_Light_assist: Change to High_Beam_Assist (Long coding Byte 21 - Hex 20 (Bit 5=1))

Once I had done this I now have Light Assist showing in the Car Settings Menu under Light Settings:

And when I flick the lights stalk forward I get the Light with A in it showing on the AID:

Now I just need to test to see how it works...

I'm a little stuck with this, specifically the coding of module 9.

I've done the adaptions as per the above, but when I go to the long coding I'm faced with this.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/f9d297288e989a62372c4a8a1f0592ab-3.jpg

VCDS (latest and greatest HEX-NET) says coding for that module is not supported.

Any thoughts on where I go from here? I have Light Assist now appearing in the car menu but when I switch it on, then try to activate it using the light stork it says there is a light Assist fault. Clearly I need to get into the coding somewhere.

Are you using VCDS or OBD-11 for your coding NZ_GolfR? I won't be impressed if my new VCDS HEX-NET device has less functionality than the OBD-11 at a quarter of the price.

NZ_GolfR
01-06-2017, 02:00 PM

I've done the adaptions as per the above, but when I go to the long coding I'm faced with this.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/f9d297288e989a62372c4a8a1f0592ab-3.jpg

VCDS (latest and greatest HEX-NET) says coding for that module is not supported.

Any thoughts on where I go from here? I have Light Assist now appearing in the car menu but when I switch it on, then try to activate it using the light stork it says there is a light Assist fault. Clearly I need to get into the coding somewhere.

Are you using VCDS or OBD-11 for your coding NZ_GolfR? I won't be impressed if my new VCDS HEX-NET device has less functionality than the OBD-11 at a quarter of the price.

Sorry to say but I'm using an OBD-11, it's great especially for what you pay for it.
Someone else mentioned that with VCDS it was showing all zeros like yours. He did the coding without changing Byte 2 and it seemed to work for him:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/r-line-high-beam-118232-post1226535.html#post1226535

I was going to try turning off the coding I did for Byte 2 on mine and see if it still works but I haven't got around to it yet. I will see if I can do it tonight and let you know.

Maybe there is some different coding in your car, I believe your car came with Adaptive Lane Guidance enabled which i don't believe anyone else has.

IsDon
01-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Thanks mate. I'll try again. I suspect it's VCDS being behind what OBD-11 can do.

I'll try again following your link and see how I go.

Update....

Coding of A5 worked!

It seems the coding of module 9 wasn't necessary. Coding of module A5 was all that was needed. No more Light Assist error and the little auto light symbol is now showing on the instrument cluster.

Can't check it until it gets dark, but all looks good thus far.

Thanks NZGR....

bestyjny
01-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Can't check it until it gets dark, but all looks good thus far.

You can always simulate darkness by putting sticker on light sensor - small "eye" on bottom part of front camera section.

IsDon
01-06-2017, 04:26 PM
You can always simulate darkness by putting sticker on light sensor - small "eye" on bottom part of front camera section.

That's not what I mean. The lights sense darkness ok, always did.

What I need to determine is if the light assist works by dipping the lights from high beam to low beam when they sense head/tail lights of other vehicles and return them to high beam once the other vehicles are no longer in view.

This only works out on the highway and above a certain threshold speed. 65km/h I think.

That's what light assist does, at least that what it does on my A6.

NZ_GolfR
01-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Yes, all the would achieve is make the high beams switch on as soon as you reach 65kmh, it won't test it automatically dipping with oncoming traffic or when you reach lit up areas.

Ozsko
01-06-2017, 06:47 PM
I wonder if it is possible to change the 3 seconds resume time when the car is in stop/go traffic using ACC.

Gladbach
02-06-2017, 01:38 AM
I wonder if it is possible to change the 3 seconds resume time when the car is in stop/go traffic using ACC.

That would definitely be an awesome mod if it's possible. 3 seconds is just a little too short I find.

jrgti
04-06-2017, 02:07 AM

Please note I have the 132 Comfortline and was looking into getting Light Assist activated:

Ok, so further to this post I experimented with the different values for Adaption - Fernlicht_assistent - Erweiterte_Frenlichtsteuerung. The default value was "Basis" and the one that seemed to allow the light assist symbol to display without any error message is "Basis:FLA". I skipped the coding of long byte 2 because as above they were all null/zeo values. Flick the stalk once and you get the light assist symbol in the corner of the rev meter. Flick it again and it deactivates light assist (symbol disappears) and main/high beam is activated as per the description in the user manual.
I took it for a test drive but couldn't find any street without any street lights that were pitch black and allowed speeds above 60kmh. Maybe someone else here can give it a go.

So far I have managed to confirm that the following features are working -
1. Sweeping gauge
2. Traffic speed sign detection
3. Disable DRL when dial on '0'.
4. Convenience lane change indicator blinks increased from 3 to 5.
5. Refuel amount data
6. Start up screen displays Golf R style splash screen.

Adaptive Lane assist was already enabled at delivery.

saveferris
05-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Does anyone know the setting in OBD eleven for automatic closing of windows and sunroof using rain sensor.

bestyjny
06-06-2017, 04:01 AM
Does anyone know the setting in OBD eleven for automatic closing of windows and sunroof using rain sensor.

I tried to code it using VCDS and even with proper coding it didn't work with rain sensor - but I enabled comfort sunroof open/close with success.

saveferris
09-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Have you managed to get TP to work....mine just won't update.

DV52
10-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Have you managed to get TP to work....mine just won't update.

did you reset the MIB unit after you made changes to the adaptation channel?

saveferris
11-06-2017, 08:46 AM
did you reset the MIB unit after you made changes to the adaptation channel?

I did factory reset just the radio settings. Or am I supposed to factory reset the entire unit?

DV52
11-06-2017, 03:19 PM
I did factory reset just the radio settings. Or am I supposed to factory reset the entire unit?

hmmm......... not entirely certain what "factory reset just the radio settings" is, but the MIB reset procedure is done like this:

Turn-on the MIB unit (doesn't matter what part of the MIB is on the screen).
Hold down the ON/OFF button on the LHS of the unit
Keep pressing down the ON/OFF button until the screen turns-off AND then turns-on again (then release the button)

Don

saveferris
12-06-2017, 04:38 PM
hmmm......... not entirely certain what "factory reset just the radio settings" is, but the MIB reset procedure is done like this:

Turn-on the MIB unit (doesn't matter what part of the MIB is on the screen).
Hold down the ON/OFF button on the LHS of the unit
Keep pressing down the ON/OFF button until the screen turns-off AND then turns-on again (then release the button)

Don

Thanks for that will try it, what I have been doing is going into the settings of the MIB unit, then choosing factory reset, it gives you a choice of what component you want to reset, phone, radio Nav etc.

Tigger162
12-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Can traffic be enabled?

DV52
13-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Can traffic be enabled?

Tigger: I don't own a new Tiggy, but I've done it on a couple of forum colleague vehicles. Worked OK when I had the cars here and I've not heard of any problems thus far (case of no news is a good thing)

That said, lets understand what is meant by "Traffic": we are referring to the Traffic reports that are sent over the FM commercial radio band. The SATNAV receives this data, it decodes the information and then, it visually displays the messages on the MIB screen. Updates are done in real time!

Don

IsDon
13-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Can traffic be enabled?

Yes it can. Works well.

And it will enable dynamic routing.

Pity I only just read this. Was in Melbourne over the weekend for the soccer and had the VCDS with me.

Mouse
13-06-2017, 11:28 PM
I'm planning to get OBD eleven... on their aussie suppliers website there are instructions for quite a few tweaks for MQB platform.

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-obdeleven-vcds-tweaks/

Does anyone on here has any experience with it? Any good?

Ozsko
13-06-2017, 11:36 PM
It is a pity there is no explanation for each modification, half of them I don't understand what they do.

bestyjny
14-06-2017, 04:17 AM
Half (or almost) of them is implemented in stock configuration.

saveferris
14-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Yes it can. Works well.

And it will enable dynamic routing.

Pity I only just read this. Was in Melbourne over the weekend for the soccer and had the VCDS with me.

It doesn't work for me.

Steps I did as per this thread using OBDeleven

TMC Traffic

I reset the unit. When I press traffic i have no new messages even in peak hour Melbourne traffic. with the little symbol at the top with a line through it.

I'm extremely jealous that i'm unable to get it to work.

IsDon
14-06-2017, 10:43 AM
When you go back into the module has it retained the 1024 setting?

If it has then it has to be a setting you haven't enabled in either the radio settings or settings within the traffic page itself.

Is this a discover pro you're trying this on?

saveferris
14-06-2017, 01:03 PM
When you go back into the module has it retained the 1024 setting?

If it has then it has to be a setting you haven't enabled in either the radio settings or settings within the traffic page itself.

Is this a discover pro you're trying this on?

Yes it has retained its setting, I even reverted back to the old setting and re-applied it again.

In the radio settings I have enabled TP Traffic program, Not sure there are any more settings in the Traffic page/button itself, I couldn't find any.

No I'm using the Discover Media audio and satellite navigation system on the 132 TSI Comfortline.

IsDon
14-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Yes it has retained its setting, I even reverted back to the old setting and re-applied it again.

In the radio settings I have enabled TP Traffic program, Not sure there are any more settings in the Traffic page/button itself, I couldn't find any.

No I'm using the Discover Media audio and satellite navigation system on the 132 TSI Comfortline.

Ok. It may be it it will only work on the discover pro.

I've not played with the discover media audio system. Yours may not have the extra receiver built into the radio for the system to work.

Has anyone else got it to work on your type of system?

saveferris
14-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Ok. It may be it it will only work on the discover pro.

I've not played with the discover media audio system. Yours may not have the extra receiver built into the radio for the system to work.

Has anyone else got it to work on your type of system?

On page 12 a poster named hoola managed to get it to work with same system.

IsDon
14-06-2017, 01:33 PM
On page 12 a poster named hoola managed to get it to work with same system.

Ok, well if that's true then you must be doing something wrong. It does take a few minutes to get any data to show, don't expect anything immediately.

It's also dependent on FM reception so if you're not in an area with good FM Reception that may be an issue.

It's also only available in capital cites. If you're not in one it doesn't work.

saveferris
14-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Ok, well if that's true then you must be doing something wrong. It does take a few minutes to get any data to show, don't expect anything immediately.

It's also dependent on FM reception so if you're not in an area with good FM Reception that may be an issue.

It's also only available in capital cites. If you're not in one it doesn't work.

I'm in Melbourne, Brighton area. I have given the unit plenty of time to update about 7 days worth lol. Not sure what I could have done wrong. The steps are pretty straight forward....ahh well.

DV52
14-06-2017, 03:17 PM
saveferris: When you say above "I reset the unit" - how did you do this? Did you use the factory reset facility in the MENU, or did you reset the entire MIB unit by pressing the ON/OFF button? Because the latter technique is required for this tweak.

Don

saveferris
14-06-2017, 06:17 PM
saveferris: When you say above "I reset the unit" - how did you do this? Did you use the factory reset facility in the MENU, or did you reset the entire MIB unit by pressing the ON/OFF button? Because the latter technique is required for this tweak.

Don

I have done both...as you advised me in a previous post I held down the ON/OFF button till it turned off and let go once the logo had switched on.

I literally just did it again now, putting in the 1024 value in and then reset it by the ON/OFF button.....I'm obsessed in making this work

DV52
15-06-2017, 02:22 PM
saveferris: are these settings the same?

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/9j0hRcVpng1-1.jpg

Tigger162
15-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Is there a obdeleven type device you can use with a apple device?

Gladbach
15-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Is there a obdeleven type device you can use with a apple device?

I don't think there is. Seems like VCDS and OBDEleven are the only options. Maybe pick up a cheap Android phone or tablet off ebay? Should be able to find something for $40-$50.

lm_jo
15-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Noob question, do these changes void warrant? Do I need to revert the changes before sending the car to be serviced?

Delewin
15-06-2017, 05:06 PM
No minor ECU changes do not void warrantee. Btw. VCDS only runs on Windows operating system not Android or Apple.

Delewin
15-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Sorry above May be confusing. There should be a full stop after No.

lm_jo
15-06-2017, 05:30 PM
Sorry above May be confusing. There should be a full stop after No.

Thank you.

saveferris
15-06-2017, 05:57 PM
saveferris: are these settings the same?

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/9j0hRcVpng1-1.jpg

Byte 13_RDS: Not_deactivated vs deactivated.....can you see any issues with my settings ?
Sorry the pics are so massive.........

http://i.imgur.com/pKgupsy.png http://i.imgur.com/BJBaF9j.png
http://i.imgur.com/IDGaK8I.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XnT088h.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/aXuhQ1V.jpg

DV52
15-06-2017, 06:09 PM
saveferris: Yes - I do see an issue! Try setting Byte_13_RDS to not_deactivated (yes, it's a double negative). Reset the MIB again and see what happens.

Don

saveferris
15-06-2017, 07:52 PM
saveferris: Yes - I do see an issue! Try setting Byte_13_RDS to not_deactivated (yes, it's a double negative). Reset the MIB again and see what happens.

Don

Just changed the setting to not_deactivated.
I'll let you know tomorrow when I'm driving around if it's worked .
Thanks you.

saveferris
16-06-2017, 04:13 PM

Don

Right now sitting in peak hour traffic been driving for 2 hours......still doesn't work I have TMC sign with a line through it

NZ_GolfR
16-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Right now sitting in peak hour traffic been driving for 2 hours......still doesn't work I have TMC sign with a line through it

I have the same issue with mine. I have enabled it and most of the time the TMC sign has a line through it with no traffic info:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/395c549e24af094c320308f48f1c0088-3.jpg

However occasionally when I look the TMC sign changes to have like a chain link behind it and I had 1 traffic report listed but this is Auckland and I'm certain there was more incidents than that!

I have done the same coding on a mate Skoda vRS and his works flawlessly. Just after I did his on a Friday afternoon he sent me a picture showing 24 Traffic Reports and mine had none at the same time.

I don't use the VW navigation much, prefer the Apple navigation personally just wish could get it on the AID and HUD, so haven't worried about looking into this issue too much. Might have to do some playing around and see what might be causing this.

saveferris
16-06-2017, 05:19 PM
I have the same issue with mine. I have enabled it and most of the time the TMC sign has a line through it with no traffic info:

However occasionally when I look the TMC sign changes to have like a chain link behind it and I had 1 traffic report listed but this is Auckland and I'm certain there was more incidents than that!

I have done the same coding on a mate Skoda vRS and his works flawlessly. Just after I did his on a Friday afternoon he sent me a picture showing 24 Traffic Reports and mine had none at the same time.

I don't use the VW navigation much, prefer the Apple navigation personally just wish could get it on the AID and HUD, so haven't worried about looking into this issue too much. Might have to do some playing around and see what might be causing this.

I've also had the chain link briefly but no report, I just don't get how some can get it and some cant with the same model.......surely somewhere down the line it has to be software issue/setting.

NZ_GolfR
16-06-2017, 05:24 PM
I've also had the chain link briefly but no report, I just don't get how some can get it and some cant with the same model.......surely somewhere down the line it has to be software issue/setting.

Yes I think so but it is a bit hard to diagnose especially since it is supposed to be a service that you pay to have enabled so can't go back to the dealer to ask. Will let you know if I find anything.

NZ_GolfR
16-06-2017, 06:07 PM
I just found this forum that mentioned a similar issue on an Audi A6 and there's was apparently fixed with a software update: TMC crossed out (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/145508-TMC-crossed-out)

I wonder if it is a software issue, just checked mine and this is what it is running:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/f99f907b813b334f6a812eeea65abee2-3.jpg

I am running a Discover Pro in mine but maybe you can compare to yours and someone else that has theirs working properly could also compare as well. I will also try connecting my car to the WiFi later tonight and see if it can find any updates.

DV52
16-06-2017, 06:43 PM

saveferris: hmm.... I've got just one last suggestion (below) but I'm fairly confident that the RDS setting should be activated (or, "not deactivated") because TMC information is transmitted over the Radio Data Service for the FM band. Byte 14 has a separate RDS switch -I don't know why this separate switch is needed!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/WbiFDKMpng-1.jpg

If you haven't lost the previous FM radio settings when you reset the MIB and if you still aren't receiving TMC - then alas I'm really puzzled (especially since I have already enabled TMC on two Tiggys !

Don

Brobbe
17-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Does road sign detection work without Gps / navigation? (Tiguan -17)

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

saveferris
18-06-2017, 12:12 AM
saveferris: hmm.... I've got just one last suggestion (below) but I'm fairly confident that the RDS setting should be activated (or, "not deactivated") because TMC information is transmitted over the Radio Data Service for the FM band. Byte 14 has a separate RDS switch -I don't know why this separate switch is needed!

If you haven't lost the previous FM radio settings when you reset the MIB and if you still aren't receiving TMC - then alas I'm really puzzled (especially since I have already enabled TMC on two Tiggys !

Don

Thanks DV52, I have the same setting in Byte 14. I do get all the RDS from the FM stations, song weather etc but Still No Traffic.
I've been cheated lol.

renot67
31-07-2017, 08:33 PM
OK so I got my Tiguan Highline 2 months ago and have the VCDS cables and software from Ross Tech as I thought it would be fun to try and change some of the coding and get some additional functionality or at least to change some of the characteristics of the car. So I decided to start on something simple and activate the Traffic TMC as this seemed to be one of he easiest changes to make. So I tested the software with the cable to confirm it was a CAN bus and all reported good, tick, I did the full auto scan and apart from a few errors that seemed to be timing errors (some sensors not responding in time), all good. Then I went into controller 5F as per the instructions on this site, and thats where is all started to go wrong. It reported that the .ROD file was missing for EU_MUVgi4CGEN2HBAS 001001 (VW37) is missing. I thought this was due to the version of the software or the car was too new, so onto the Ross Tech site, downloaded the lates beta 17.8, and still no luck :( so what am I doing wrong? Why is the .ROD file still missing ? Can I make the changes without the .ROD file?

Thanks in advance for all your assistance, you all seem to have completely nailed this !!

Delewin
01-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Are you using the USB or WI-FI version. I have the USB version and it always works . Also you are correct to use the latest beta software.

IsDon
01-08-2017, 09:31 AM
I have the wifi version but the wifi in the carport is poor.
(Note to self. Must replace router)
I found when I first used it I was having the same issues with the missing files. I reckon it's my dodgy wifi. I then used it wired like my earlier cable by plugging it directly into the laptop using the supplied cable.
If you use this approach, make sure you set USB as the interface on setup or you will continue to get the errors you have been seeing.

DV52
01-08-2017, 10:37 AM
OK so I got my Tiguan Highline 2 months ago and have the VCDS cables and software from Ross Tech as I thought it would be fun to try and change some of the coding and get some additional functionality or at least to change some of the characteristics of the car. So I decided to start on something simple and activate the Traffic TMC as this seemed to be one of he easiest changes to make. So I tested the software with the cable to confirm it was a CAN bus and all reported good, tick, I did the full auto scan and apart from a few errors that seemed to be timing errors (some sensors not responding in time), all good. Then I went into controller 5F as per the instructions on this site, and thats where is all started to go wrong. It reported that the .ROD file was missing for EU_MUVgi4CGEN2HBAS 001001 (VW37) is missing. I thought this was due to the version of the software or the car was too new, so onto the Ross Tech site, downloaded the lates beta 17.8, and still no luck :( so what am I doing wrong? Why is the .ROD file still missing ? Can I make the changes without the .ROD file?

Thanks in advance for all your assistance, you all seem to have completely nailed this !!

renot: hi. It's unfortunate that your first experience with VCDS has been so unsuccessful - but let me assure you that yours is not a typical experience and that you will have many successes in the future.

So, as to your problem - the short answer is that the cause is due to the newness of the car and the particular module @ address hex5F.
My apology for the following techo-speak, but in previous versions of the Tiggy, the CAN network was fairly traditional and access to adaptation channels was a simple process of looking-up channel numbers. The new Tiggy however uses what's called UDS/ODX protocol which does not support traditional adaptation channel numbers (or traditional measuring blocks - which is another feature of CAN networks). UDS/ODX protocols require a special .ROD file for VCDS to interpret data. Since no data is readable without a .ROD file in cars that have these type modules, there is no way for VCDS to interrogate Adaptation Values if those aren't already documented. In other words, the normal VCDS screens for adaptation channels do not work with control modules using the UDS/ODX protocols - without a .ROD file

Those forum members here that have had access to the 5F module have had a .ROD file that Ross-Tech has developed, but it seems that the module in your car is of a newer type (I suspect). Likely (and I'm guessing) the difference will be the software version number in your module - the hardware P/N will probably be unchanged. Alas nothing can be done until Ross-Tech develop a .ROD file for your module. You might consider an email Ross-Tech and send them a copy of your auto-scan.

So, no - you are doing nothing wrong and the cable is working OK (and you are correct in using the latest Beta SW)

Don

PS: Something that you might consider trying is turn-off "Aggressive mode", which only applies to UDS/ODX modules and try again

cabby09
02-08-2017, 03:23 AM
Has anyone found a "fix" for rain closing windows? I have done all the settings, rechecked... Taken them off, tried again in a different order but still no luck getting it to work.

GeeMoney
08-08-2017, 06:34 PM
I've read all the posts but it's still not clear if anyone was able to activate Traffic Jam Assist ?
I know ALG can be enabled with OBDeleven and that has been confirmed, but no one is mentioning the TJA?
My new Tiggy is coming in on second week of september (MY18 model) and is by mistake missing the TJA, but I Do have Lane Assist, Emergency Pedestrian Assist etc.
Would love to enable the TJA :)

Eyes24
08-08-2017, 06:58 PM
I've read all the posts but it's still not clear if anyone was able to activate Traffic Jam Assist ?
I know ALG can be enabled with OBDeleven and that has been confirmed, but no one is mentioning the TJA?
My new Tiggy is coming in on second week of september (MY18 model) and is by mistake missing the TJA, but I Do have Lane Assist, Emergency Pedestrian Assist etc.
Would love to enable the TJA :)

How do you know TJA is not enabled?

Ozsko
08-08-2017, 07:15 PM

That is not answering the question.

GeeMoney
08-08-2017, 07:20 PM

On my Tiguan I know it for sure because TJA seems to be a seperate option in the EU to select when ordering the car.
And it's not on my order list frankly.

Eyes24
08-08-2017, 07:24 PM
On my Tiguan I know it for sure because TJA seems to be a seperate option in the EU to select when ordering the car.
And it's not on my order list frankly.

Oh sorry, ok then. Over here the new my18 is meant to have it standard. But we will all see when they arrive in the next few weeks. Then l think some of the forum members will copy the coding, and posted on forum.

Ozsko
08-08-2017, 07:35 PM
No one has enabled it via coding so far due to lack of vehicles to get the coding from. This is most probably because Australia and a few other minor markets are the only ones whose vehicles who do not have it activated from the factory so there is not much interest from the major markets to find how the coding needs to be changed.

GeeMoney
08-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Oh sorry, ok then. Over here the new my18 is meant to have it standard. But we will all see when they arrive in the next few weeks. Then l think some of the forum members will copy the coding, and posted on forum.

No worries. If they changed it to be standard, then my dealership doesn't know anything about it. I called them about this option as I found out later that it was missing.
They told me it was not possible to activate afterwards and they could not add the option for me because I was already to late. (it's being build next week).

lm_jo
08-08-2017, 08:40 PM
No worries. If they changed it to be standard, then my dealership doesn't know anything about it. I called them about this option as I found out later that it was missing.
They told me it was not possible to activate afterwards and they could not add the option for me because I was already to late. (it's being build next week).You can always ask the dealer to change the car you ordered all together. I changed my mind about the color of my tiguan 2 months after the order and 3 weeks before delivery. Delivery was postponed 4 weeks.

Blackpaladin67
04-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Firstly a giant thankyou to all of you on this post. Was trying to get dynamic traffic sign assist working and did thanks to the info on these posts. Even got it on the HUD . Don't even own a Tiggy but a Arteon.
Now has anyone managed to get traffic jam assist to work longer than 3 seconds after stopping without having to hit the resume button 3 times which extends it to 60 seconds?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

arnifix
04-01-2018, 09:19 PM
Now has anyone managed to get traffic jam assist to work longer than 3 seconds after stopping without having to hit the resume button 3 times which extends it to 60 seconds?
What? Is this an Arteon thing, or have we confirmed this on a Tig?

Blackpaladin67
04-01-2018, 09:30 PM
What? Is this an Arteon thing, or have we confirmed this on a Tig?Its a standard unmod Arteon thing but that pretty well makes it valid for any Tig with no stalk control ACC i think.

arnifix
07-01-2018, 09:21 AM
Its a standard unmod Arteon thing but that pretty well makes it valid for any Tig with no stalk control ACC i think.

Cheers, I will frantically fiddle with my stalk the next time I'm in traffic.

Blackpaladin67
07-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Cheers, I will frantically fiddle with my stalk the next time I'm in traffic.Well if you must play with your stalk wait till the notification comes up on the cockpit after you come to a dead stop. Then flick it back three times and see what happens? Your stop start on the engine should disable for a start.

bestyjny
10-01-2018, 05:44 PM
No one has enabled it via coding so far due to lack of vehicles to get the coding from. This is most probably because Australia and a few other minor markets are the only ones whose vehicles who do not have it activated from the factory so there is not much interest from the major markets to find how the coding needs to be changed.

It's a long time from original post, but I have TJA activated (Poland) as separate order option. Please search Ross-Tech forums for full scans from two different Tiguans I posted loooong time ago. I hope this will help you when comparing to your coding :)

Blackpaladin67
11-01-2018, 03:11 PM
It's a long time from original post, but I have TJA activated (Poland) as separate order option. Please search Ross-Tech forums for full scans from two different Tiguans I posted loooong time ago. I hope this will help you when comparing to your coding :)Hi did you mean that you have a workaround for the 3 seconds timeframe when stopped from TJA ? If so please share.