PDA

View Full Version : March software update?

latearrival
14-03-2017, 02:08 PM
I was supposed to pick up my DAP-equipped Tiguan 162TSI tomorrow (Wednesday 14 March). The dealer just rang and said a software update has just come through that they need to apply, so would I mind waiting another day. I don't mind the wait, but do any of you know about this update and what it might contain?

Delewin
14-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Sounds interesting. I wonder what could be updated? I just picked up my Tiguan on Saturday. Please post the version number when you pick up your new car. Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

latearrival
14-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Sounds interesting. I wonder what could be updated? I just picked up my Tiguan on Saturday. Please post the version number when you pick up your new car. Congratulations.

I just spoke to someone at the dealership. She wasn't able to give me a version number, but explained that the only thing the update is for is to fix a problem with the tow bar. I don't have a tow bar, but I'm aware there has been a problem with the software that controls them.

Delewin
14-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Thanks for letting us know.

Gladbach
14-03-2017, 06:12 PM
I just spoke to someone at the dealership. She wasn't able to give me a version number, but explained that the only thing the update is for is to fix a problem with the tow bar. I don't have a tow bar, but I'm aware there has been a problem with the software that controls them.

That makes sense. They had an issue with the coding of the towbar - good to know that they created an update pretty quick.