PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof rattle noise

rave75
09-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Has anyone experience rattle noise coming from the sunroof? I have MY16 passat and I hear rattle/squeaky from the sunroof every time it is closed and tilted. When I fully open it, I hear it a lot less. Dealer has put lube around the sunroof but it doesn't fix the noise at all.

TailsK
09-03-2017, 03:19 PM
No noise on mine, regardless of how it is opened or closed.

Buzy_Robot
09-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Yep - had the same problem with my MY16 140TDI Highline sedan with R-Line and Luxury Packs. Drove me batty!

There's a reason why my current 206TSI sedan doesn't have a sunroof!

I read about this issue on various forums and its seems most B8 Passats are fine, but there seems to be a batch with rather dodgy sunroofs. Your dealer should know about it and using lube will be no help whatsover. Push to get it fixed properly under warranty.

Vexed
14-03-2017, 11:43 AM
I have the same issue with my Superb 206 sedan.

I have noticed it gets much worse if I leave my car a bit under the sun.
The dealership looked at briefly, "cleaned and lubricated" the sunroof, didn't make any difference. I will need to find some time to drop it and ask them to fix it properly.

Wynnston
17-03-2017, 10:47 PM
I've got this annoying issue when the car is on an uneven surface the roof creeks and groans a bit. Nothing to major but makes me cringe as I've had a couple of mates with 7R's have their sunroof pop/explode most likely due to being installed/aligned incorrectly at the factory.

rave75
21-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Push to get it fixed properly under warranty.

To fix it properly, do you need to replace the whole sunroof?

VezAu
22-03-2017, 08:36 PM
I get creeks also on uneven surface (going up a driveway) on MY16 R-Line. I think the creaking is quiet normal on the R-Line cars due to some body flex with sunroof and stiffer suspension combination. I also get a knock/rattle coming from the rear roof area when driving on rough uneven roads. I'm beginning to think the knock might be caused by the sunshade roller or sunroof cables in the roof. I haven't had it looked at as yet but don't really want the dealer removing the roof lining.

rave75
27-03-2017, 02:42 PM
I get creeks also on uneven surface (going up a driveway) on MY16 R-Line. I think the creaking is quiet normal on the R-Line cars due to some body flex with sunroof and stiffer suspension combination. I also get a knock/rattle coming from the rear roof area when driving on rough uneven roads. I'm beginning to think the knock might be caused by the sunshade roller or sunroof cables in the roof. I haven't had it looked at as yet but don't really want the dealer removing the roof lining.

Well they said there is a buletin which mention that the noise came from the plate/bracket and they need to order a new one and install it. Which also mean the dealer need to remove the roof lining...

ope126
18-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Although I never had any rattles, VW are replacing the inner rubber seal on mine as it no longer sits flush. This is the inner rubber when the sunroof is raised up (not any external rubbers). Will wait for the part to arrive and report back.

rave75
29-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Dealer changed the securing bolt on my sunroof and put some more lubricant. Guess what, rattle noise is the same as before. When the sunroof close, I hear more like squeaking but if I tilt the sunroof, I can easily hear the rattle. When the sunroof is fully open, I hardly hear anything though.

Has anyone got the same issue and able to fix it?

rave75
11-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Anyone?

zzc2010
12-05-2017, 03:04 AM
Anyone?

No thing wrong with my MY 17 for now

Adelbaran
22-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Hi,

I recently bought an MY16 Passat 140 TDI Highline with the same problem. Roof area emits ticking or rattly noises when travelling on uneven surfaces especially around Marrickville, Petersham area where roads are made of concrete. The roof also makes a very noticeable cracking sound when going up or driving off a driveway where it causes the body of the car to flex.

Took the car to local dealer and took one of the technicians for a drive and identified that something is wrong, but not exactly sure what it is until everything is pulled apart. e.g. Roof lining. I hate rattle noise with all cars and keen to get rid of them where possible, but I'm not too keen on having the roof lining and other trims removed as more damage could be done in the process to fix one somewhat tolerable issue... Imagine the sunroof rattle is fixed but then you get a new rattle or noise coming from somewhere else as result of fixing the first one!

rave75
07-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Hi,

I recently bought an MY16 Passat 140 TDI Highline with the same problem. Roof area emits ticking or rattly noises when travelling on uneven surfaces especially around Marrickville, Petersham area where roads are made of concrete. The roof also makes a very noticeable cracking sound when going up or driving off a driveway where it causes the body of the car to flex.

Took the car to local dealer and took one of the technicians for a drive and identified that something is wrong, but not exactly sure what it is until everything is pulled apart. e.g. Roof lining. I hate rattle noise with all cars and keen to get rid of them where possible, but I'm not too keen on having the roof lining and other trims removed as more damage could be done in the process to fix one somewhat tolerable issue... Imagine the sunroof rattle is fixed but then you get a new rattle or noise coming from somewhere else as result of fixing the first one!

What I had was clanking noise when the sunroof is tilted and "rubbing" noise when the sunroof touches the headliner due to uneven surface. After the dealer changed the whole sunroof frame, it did fix the issue, no noise at all. But after a while (1 month), I started to hear that "rubbing" noise again. Although the clanking noise when the sunroof is tilted is gone now.

The One
07-09-2017, 06:12 PM
They need to replace the whole sunroof frame, there's a TPI for this. It's glued not bolted, so they need to cut out the sunroof frame with a angle grinder (not even kidding) goodluck. (They usually use a windscreen mob to cut it out who are more exp. as if they slip when cutting car is written off. - It's not a fun job.

rave75
08-09-2017, 06:47 PM
They need to replace the whole sunroof frame, there's a TPI for this. It's glued not bolted, so they need to cut out the sunroof frame with a angle grinder (not even kidding) goodluck. (They usually use a windscreen mob to cut it out who are more exp. as if they slip when cutting car is written off. - It's not a fun job.

Do you have the TPI number for this? So what is the specific cause for the rattle?

Vexed
09-09-2017, 12:03 AM
They need to replace the whole sunroof frame, there's a TPI for this. It's glued not bolted, so they need to cut out the sunroof frame with a angle grinder (not even kidding) goodluck. (They usually use a windscreen mob to cut it out who are more exp. as if they slip when cutting car is written off. - It's not a fun job.Is that the same for Skoda Superb? My car is making clicking and banging noises on uneven surfaces... The dealership tried a couple of things, couldn't fix it... The car is booked in next week to replace the cassette... They mentioned windscreen guys and 5 days of work... Is that a serious job? Is it glued in?
Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

The One
09-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Rave no I don't have the TPI number sorry but just mention to your dealer to pull their finger out of their A.. and do their job and find the TPI than when they don't fix it by the tpi than to send a DISS ticket and get approval to replace the frame, the cause is a manufacture production issue in the first few sets of frames they built, just didn't get it right I guess.

Vexed, yes same for Superb as they're essentially the same car. It's a very serious job, taking an angle grinder to your vehicle is ridiculous - I've done this job before and it sucks. When you get your car back make sure you check ALL interior items as they have to remove the roof lining and 9 times out of 10 they will scratch heaps of things and try and hide it from you. Also expect to be without your car for longer than 5 days. Goodluck.

Vexed
10-09-2017, 12:35 PM
Rave no I don't have the TPI number sorry but just mention to your dealer to pull their finger out of their A.. and do their job and find the TPI than when they don't fix it by the tpi than to send a DISS ticket and get approval to replace the frame, the cause is a manufacture production issue in the first few sets of frames they built, just didn't get it right I guess.

Vexed, yes same for Superb as they're essentially the same car. It's a very serious job, taking an angle grinder to your vehicle is ridiculous - I've done this job before and it sucks. When you get your car back make sure you check ALL interior items as they have to remove the roof lining and 9 times out of 10 they will scratch heaps of things and try and hide it from you. Also expect to be without your car for longer than 5 days. Goodluck.Damn... I'm wondering if the whole thing is worth the risk now... I will have to drop the car at the dealership tomorrow... My problem is the noise gets so annoying in hot days during summer...

Jimi
10-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Is this still an issue with newer cars? It's turning me off the idea of adding a sunroof

The One
10-09-2017, 07:11 PM
They revised it, it's not an issue in the newer ones (unless you get one that was fitted with old stock frame ha) Vexed, your car is in warranty just get it done, but check everything

Vexed
11-09-2017, 03:17 PM
They revised it, it's not an issue in the newer ones (unless you get one that was fitted with old stock frame ha) Vexed, your car is in warranty just get it done, but check everythingThanks mate, I have dropped the car this morning... Fingers crossed.

rave75
12-09-2017, 05:15 PM
They revised it, it's not an issue in the newer ones (unless you get one that was fitted with old stock frame ha) Vexed, your car is in warranty just get it done, but check everything

My car was with the dealer for 5 days when they fitted a new frame, not sure if it was the revised frame or not but at first I didn't hear any noise at all but now the noise came back a bit, not as bad as before, just that squealing noise when the frame touches the headliner.

Vexed
14-09-2017, 07:31 PM
I have got my car back today, they replaced the sunroof cassette, the noise is completely gone (for good I hope). They didn't scratch anything, but the car was filthy, they had to clean the marks off the roof lining while I waited...

rave75
18-09-2017, 10:44 AM
I have got my car back today, they replaced the sunroof cassette, the noise is completely gone (for good I hope). They didn't scratch anything, but the car was filthy, they had to clean the marks off the roof lining while I waited...

Which dealer that fixed your sunroof? Has the noise come back? In my case it was gone at first but came back in different area.

Vexed
18-09-2017, 06:55 PM
Which dealer that fixed your sunroof? Has the noise come back? In my case it was gone at first but came back in different area.Alto Artarmon... So far, it has been around 5 days, no signs of the noise coming back... Fingers crossed

skodian
19-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Alto Artarmon... So far, it has been around 5 days, no signs of the noise coming back... Fingers crossed

Nice I got fitted at Alto Pennant Hills , make sure they have fitted it properly without damaging side secure clips as happened on mine (when I found out later) . And make sure they clean the roof liner AND water drainage as well as part of the service where mine leaks along the A-Pillars.

Pretty happy as I got an brand new A3 loan car for more than week during repair.

Did not happen on the A4 I guess different frame (in size) but mine does squeaks from time to time (cold & hot expansion). I asked the dealer put more lubricants on rails and seals.

rave75
19-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Alto Artarmon... So far, it has been around 5 days, no signs of the noise coming back... Fingers crossed

Alto Artarmon as in Audi Alto? Will they fix VW though?

Vexed
19-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Alto Artarmon as in Audi Alto? Will they fix VW though?Yes, the Audi service centre, they take care of Skoda's. Not sure about VW (since North Shore VW is next door, my past experience with them wasn't great)... You can give them a call though, they have been very helpful.

Vexed
19-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Nice I got fitted at Alto Pennant Hills , make sure they have fitted it properly without damaging side secure clips as happened on mine (when I found out later) . And make sure they clean the roof liner AND water drainage as well as part of the service where mine leaks along the A-Pillars.

Pretty happy as I got an brand new A3 loan car for more than week during repair.

Did not happen on the A4 I guess different frame (in size) but mine does squeaks from time to time (cold & hot expansion). I asked the dealer put more lubricants on rails and seals.I'm not sure where the side secure clips are, but I will take a look... I ran the hose with a bit of water pressure over and around the sunroof and I couldn't spot any leakage.

rave75
20-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Yes, the Audi service centre, they take care of Skoda's. Not sure about VW (since North Shore VW is next door, my past experience with them wasn't great)... You can give them a call though, they have been very helpful.

What does it say on the tax invoice regarding the sunroof frame replacement? Does it say the TPI number?

I am not sure if the sunroof frame is the same between passat and your skoda.

Vexed
21-09-2017, 05:45 PM
What does it say on the tax invoice regarding the sunroof frame replacement? Does it say the TPI number?

I am not sure if the sunroof frame is the same between passat and your skoda.No TPI on the invoice I am afraid...

skodian
27-09-2017, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure where the side secure clips are, but I will take a look... I ran the hose with a bit of water pressure over and around the sunroof and I couldn't spot any leakage.

There should be 4 drain holes locate at each corner of the roof . 2 of them are visible located at the front coroners of the drain rails when you open the sunroof .
I test it by squirting some water into the drain rails to see if the water drain through out to the sewage around the side front door (when you open them)

One of mine was blocked by the debris (leafs ,pollen, plants, etc) hence the back flow cause an internal leakage along the A-pillar

Vexed
27-09-2017, 02:42 PM
There should be 4 drain holes locate at each corner of the roof . 2 of them are visible located at the front coroners of the drain rails when you open the sunroof .
I test it by squirting some water into the drain rails to see if the water drain through out to the sewage around the side front door (when you open them)

One of mine was blocked by the debris (leafs ,pollen, plants, etc) hence the back flow cause an internal leakage along the A-pillarThanks mate, I will double check that today :)

Adelbaran
11-10-2017, 09:48 PM
What I had was clanking noise when the sunroof is tilted and "rubbing" noise when the sunroof touches the headliner due to uneven surface. After the dealer changed the whole sunroof frame, it did fix the issue, no noise at all. But after a while (1 month), I started to hear that "rubbing" noise again. Although the clanking noise when the sunroof is tilted is gone now.

Which VW dealer replaced the frame for you? My local VW dealer is McGrath and they are hopeless. Maybe I will have a better luck with the dealer you went to?

Adelbaran
11-10-2017, 09:51 PM

Vexed, yes same for Superb as they're essentially the same car. It's a very serious job, taking an angle grinder to your vehicle is ridiculous - I've done this job before and it sucks. When you get your car back make sure you check ALL interior items as they have to remove the roof lining and 9 times out of 10 they will scratch heaps of things and try and hide it from you. Also expect to be without your car for longer than 5 days. Goodluck.

Damn!! I think I will leave it and just put up with it and get use to it...LoL. I will be selling it in about 18 months time so no point getting all carried away with such risky repairs.

rave75
12-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Which VW dealer replaced the frame for you? My local VW dealer is McGrath and they are hopeless. Maybe I will have a better luck with the dealer you went to?

I went to Waitara's one. The noise came back though but a lot less and not always. Sometime it does sometimes it's silent.

rave75
22-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Thanks mate, I will double check that today :)

My passat is being fitted with the new cassette today. It's with the body shop at the moment. Apart from checking the drain, where else should I pay attention to, after they finished putting the new cassette?

Vexed
22-11-2017, 04:35 PM
My passat is being fitted with the new cassette today. It's with the body shop at the moment. Apart from checking the drain, where else should I pay attention to, after they finished putting the new cassette?To be honest, I regret repairing the sunroof noise. The noise went away for about 3 weeks, then it came back worse... It is being checked again because they have my car to replace the gearbox. I think if you have a bit of noise and you can ignore, do that.

rave75
24-11-2017, 03:22 PM
To be honest, I regret repairing the sunroof noise. The noise went away for about 3 weeks, then it came back worse... It is being checked again because they have my car to replace the gearbox. I think if you have a bit of noise and you can ignore, do that.

seriously...haha, most of the times, the noise is there if it's a hot day. I'd tilt the sunroof just to get rid of the noise. VW Waitara said there is a new tpi for the sunroof which also include a lubricant (not sure a different kind of lubricant or not).

I suspect the noise is because the back end of the sunroof base is made from some kind of flex material which expands when it's hot.

Vexed
24-11-2017, 03:24 PM
seriously...haha, most of the times, the noise is there if it's a hot day. I'd tilt the sunroof just to get rid of the noise. VW Waitara said there is a new tpi for the sunroof which also include a lubricant (not sure a different kind of lubricant or not).

I suspect the noise is because the back end of the sunroof base is made from some kind of flex material which expands when it's hot.I used to get the noise on hot days, but after it got fixed, the noise came back especially if I tilt the sunroof, which is almost all the time for me.

Vexed
09-12-2017, 07:12 AM
I have finally got the car back... They installed a new revised sunroof... So far so good. I'm hoping the noise won't come back in the future.

Bozman_au
14-01-2018, 03:07 PM
Hi,
I have the same issue with my Passat 140TDI sunroof. It is squeaking while driving and as soon as you open it it will start creaking. Very annoying. My dealer tried to lubricate and tight some bolts in the sunroof, but the issue is still present. Not sure what to do at this stage...

Vexed
14-01-2018, 03:15 PM
Hi,
I have the same issue with my Passat 140TDI sunroof. It is squeaking while driving and as soon as you open it it will start creaking. Very annoying. My dealer tried to lubricate and tight some bolts in the sunroof, but the issue is still present. Not sure what to do at this stage...If I were you, I'd try to live with it. I don't think it can be fixed at all. Mine was fixed twice with many new "revised" parts. The noise always comes back. It is not worth ripping sunroof apart. Lubricating won't fix the problem either.

rave75
18-01-2018, 04:02 PM
I have finally got the car back... They installed a new revised sunroof... So far so good. I'm hoping the noise won't come back in the future.

Did the noise come back?

Mine was silent for a week and then the back part creaks again when it's hot. Only creaks when I have it fully closed. I also now have slight squeaks from the headliner above my head. FFS.

One thing to note, when I had my A class, I could visibly tell that the railing were lubricated, it was greasy. With Passat, I don't seem to see a lubricated part at all?

Vexed
18-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Did the noise come back?

Mine was silent for a week and then the back part creaks again when it's hot. Only creaks when I have it fully closed. I also now have slight squeaks from the headliner above my head. FFS.

One thing to note, when I had my A class, I could visibly tell that the railing were lubricated, it was greasy. With Passat, I don't seem to see a lubricated part at all?Yes the noise is back... The car was at the dealership for weeks and the problem hasn't been resolved. Not only that, but now if I open the sunroof and then close it, the sunroof slides in to close, then tilts open immediately. I have to try to close around 10 times for it to close.
I'm sick of visiting the dealership, and I'm sure they won't be very happy to see me again.

rave75
29-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Yes the noise is back... The car was at the dealership for weeks and the problem hasn't been resolved. Not only that, but now if I open the sunroof and then close it, the sunroof slides in to close, then tilts open immediately. I have to try to close around 10 times for it to close.
I'm sick of visiting the dealership, and I'm sure they won't be very happy to see me again.

Any luck with the sunroof repair? Mine now is really noisy from the front of the sunroof (previously the noise was from the back part). Now I have to drive the sunroof tilted otherwise the noise is unbearable.

Newair
13-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Hey Vexed,
I had an issue with my sunroof not opening/closing & then opening straight away. The dealer replaced the switch which fixed the issue. That was around 6 weeks ago & all good since.

:banana:

Vexed
14-05-2018, 09:39 PM
For me it was a small piece of carton jammed at the back of the sunroof rail. The issue was rectified when I found it and removed.
Hey Vexed,
I had an issue with my sunroof not opening/closing & then opening straight away. The dealer replaced the switch which fixed the issue. That was around 6 weeks ago & all good since.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Newair
15-05-2018, 08:10 AM
For me it was a small piece of carton jammed at the back of the sunroof rail. The issue was rectified when I found it and removed.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Thank goodness you found the cardboard!

Jimi
15-05-2018, 09:34 AM
I like the idea of a sunroof but this thread is quite the turn off

Jondalar
15-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Pretty glad i didn't get a sunroof now, this combined with all the leaks in the Volkswagen Alltrack group on Facebook. I also think we need solid shades in Australia, not a perforated blind.

rave75
31-05-2018, 12:56 PM
Hey Vexed,

Which dealer fixed your sunroof?

Newair
14-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Which dealer fixed your sunroof?

Hi rave it was Wodonga Prestige. The VW Dealer for the Albury /Wodonga area. It turned out to be a faulty switch that was replaced under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozman_au
18-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Hi,
I have the same issue with my Passat 140TDI sunroof. It is squeaking while driving and as soon as you open it it will start creaking. Very annoying. My dealer tried to lubricate and tight some bolts in the sunroof, but the issue is still present. Not sure what to do at this stage...

Hi Guys!

Just an update of the sunroof rattles/creaks: McCarrols VW fixed the issue. They've replaced something in the sunfoof (possibly the entire sunroof assembly) and there are no rattles or creaks coming from it. Roof lining was dirty and McCarrols sent the car to the detailers again to fix it. My passat is in beige leather - and I received it back in the same perfect condition as before the repairs.

Cheers!

GBXRS
12-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Austral VW fixed my sunroof creaks & rattles. They loaned me a car (almost new Passat wagon with a quite sunroof) and it took two days. The headlining had to come out but they did a great job. There is a second TPI document on the sunroof problem and I think they have it fixed now. They said there was new fasteners & some other bits.

zzc2010
13-02-2019, 08:19 AM
My Passat was fixed weeks ago. Really tiny little bit rubber frictions but no knocking around noises. Pretty satisfied. They ordered fasteners to reattach the sunroof.

rave75
13-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Hi Guys!

Just an update of the sunroof rattles/creaks: McCarrols VW fixed the issue. They've replaced something in the sunfoof (possibly the entire sunroof assembly) and there are no rattles or creaks coming from it. Roof lining was dirty and McCarrols sent the car to the detailers again to fix it. My passat is in beige leather - and I received it back in the same perfect condition as before the repairs.

Cheers!

I brought my car to McCarrols 7 times now, last one was in December. It was quiet after they did something but the noise always come back. Last time they said, due to design issue, the roof lining will always be dirty overtime. Can you check what exactly did they replace? Or can you PM me your rego number so I can tell them to do the exact thing as your car?

zzc2010
14-02-2019, 08:44 AM
I brought my car to McCarrols 7 times now, last one was in December. It was quiet after they did something but the noise always come back. Last time they said, due to design issue, the roof lining will always be dirty overtime. Can you check what exactly did they replace? Or can you PM me your rego number so I can tell them to do the exact thing as your car?

Roof lining? You mean the roof cover rolling under the sunroof, right? or the lining above head?

rave75
15-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Roof lining? You mean the roof cover rolling under the sunroof, right? or the lining above head?

my bad, I meant roof railing.

maddykartik
09-04-2019, 04:50 PM
i had rattling noise from sunroof, when going over rough/bad/coarse surface.
VW Denlo Parramatta (NSW) was able to fix it - has been a month. will report if something changes.

I was told there is an existing TPI on it - all it needs is some extra felt strips.

In the process, they soiled my roof linings while initially checking for the fault - took it back and was cleaned.

Again, when the actual repair work was done, they damaged my rooflining tearing it for 1.5 inch.
Have complained to them and waiting for a date to fix it.

MY18 Passat Comfortline 132

zzc2010
12-04-2019, 02:10 PM
i had rattling noise from sunroof, when going over rough/bad/coarse surface.
VW Denlo Parramatta (NSW) was able to fix it - has been a month. will report if something changes.

I was told there is an existing TPI on it - all it needs is some extra felt strips.

In the process, they soiled my roof linings while initially checking for the fault - took it back and was cleaned.

Again, when the actual repair work was done, they damaged my rooflining tearing it for 1.5 inch.
Have complained to them and waiting for a date to fix it.

MY18 Passat Comfortline 132

My sunroof was fixed months ago however i did not notice any damages.

Would you take some photos and maybe there were some places damaged i did not notice?

My Car was fixed by a TPI as well. I can still hear the rubbers friction but no knocking sound anymore.

THanks

rave75
13-05-2019, 04:48 PM
My car is scheduled in 3 weeks to do the tpi of changing the inner frame. Fingers crossed.

rave75
06-06-2019, 02:43 PM
Apparently, dealer is doing 60D6 - roof frame recall on my sunroof (not TPI). Maybe it will fix the rattle.

zzc2010
07-06-2019, 01:13 AM
Apparently, dealer is doing 60D6 - roof frame recall on my sunroof (not TPI). Maybe it will fix the rattle.

Interesting. My passat was serviced last month with no recalls on it.

zzc2010
07-06-2019, 01:16 AM

Further, I checked 60D6 recall. Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd — Volkswagen Passat and Arteon MY2016-MY2018 | Product Safety Australia (https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/volkswagen-group-australia-pty-ltd-volkswagen-passat-and-arteon-my2016-my2018)

Only 14 passats + some Arteons on it. Lucky you.

zzc2010
07-06-2019, 01:20 AM

However, I feel my passat did have the symptom described. The panel detached from the trim and started to knock on each other.

That's why I was hearing loud knocking sounds.

rave75
07-06-2019, 11:50 AM
Further, I checked 60D6 recall. Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd — Volkswagen Passat and Arteon MY2016-MY2018 | Product Safety Australia (https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/volkswagen-group-australia-pty-ltd-volkswagen-passat-and-arteon-my2016-my2018)

Only 14 passats + some Arteons on it. Lucky you.

Really?! I thought the recall is for Passat which panel has been replaced before as well?. Anyway VW didn't contact me about the recall, it was when I brought my car and demanded for it to be fixed (again) that they said "oh there is a recall for it, might fix the noise."

zzc2010
07-06-2019, 02:17 PM
Really?! I thought the recall is for Passat which panel has been replaced before as well?. Anyway VW didn't contact me about the recall, it was when I brought my car and demanded for it to be fixed (again) that they said "oh there is a recall for it, might fix the noise."

Good job. Might fix the noise. LoL

If mine got the noises coming back, I will ask them to do this recall or probably they already did what the recall says.

No idea.

rave75
14-06-2019, 05:07 PM
Just got the car back. Still has the rubbing noise on the front part of the sunroof, it is less noisy than before but still annoying though. That was the 9th time I went to McCarrols.

The rubbing from the headliner is gone now. I guess they didn't property put back the headliner properly before.

rave75
14-06-2019, 05:09 PM
Hi Guys!

Cheers!

Hey, I went too many times already to McCarrols. Do you mind PM me your Rego number so I can tell McCarrols to do whatever they did on yours?

zzc2010
15-06-2019, 02:09 AM
Just got the car back. Still has the rubbing noise on the front part of the sunroof, it is less noisy than before but still annoying though. That was the 9th time I went to McCarrols.

The rubbing from the headliner is gone now. I guess they didn't property put back the headliner properly before.

The rubbing noises are like the ones from your car windows when you turn on a ramp. Don't think you can get rid of it. I live with it. It is very minor in my case.

rave75
20-11-2019, 01:28 PM
The rubbing noises are like the ones from your car windows when you turn on a ramp. Don't think you can get rid of it. I live with it. It is very minor in my case.

Noise is getting worse on me, not just rubbing noise but clanking as well. I just noticed that the sunroof glass on the left side is actually like warped and not flushed. The right side is perfectly flushed. I wonder if this is what cause the the noise. Has anyone ever got their sunroof glass replaced, not just the sunroof frame?

zzc2010
20-11-2019, 02:33 PM
Noise is getting worse on me, not just rubbing noise but clanking as well. I just noticed that the sunroof glass on the left side is actually like warped and not flushed. The right side is perfectly flushed. I wonder if this is what cause the the noise. Has anyone ever got their sunroof glass replaced, not just the sunroof frame?

Mine was clanking. It did not happen again after the repair.

Ask the dealer to repair again for sure.