PDA

View Full Version : "Buddy" and "Ignore" lists

brackie
17-06-2006, 07:40 AM
I just got back from a visit to the Aussiefrogs forum and went through a disturbing thread started by a member who was leaving due to harassment by pm.
It reminded me that with this (fantastic!) software that we now have you can choose to ignore any user who is pming you with stuff you don't want to hear. I know that this was a problem on the old forum and I'm hoping that it doesn't rear its ugly head again...but who knows??
So, in your personal messaging dialogue, look at the options on the left. One of them is a "Buddy and Ignore" list to which you may add user names depending on whether you're having a good or a bad experience with them.

DUBING
21-06-2006, 10:45 PM
I just got back from a visit to the Aussiefrogs forum and went through a disturbing thread started by a member who was leaving due to harassment by pm.
It reminded me that with this (fantastic!) software that we now have you can choose to ignore any user who is pming you with stuff you don't want to hear. I know that this was a problem on the old forum and I'm hoping that it doesn't rear its ugly head again...but who knows??
So, in your personal messaging dialogue, look at the options on the left. One of them is a "Buddy and Ignore" list to which you may add user names depending on whether you're having a good or a bad experience with them.

they brackie, your an aussiefrogs member, :) that was the very first forum i joint...

gpk_gti
23-02-2007, 08:03 PM
but brackie,,, when this is engaged(ignore list) you are not able to view any posts from this person.is there any way to block just pms?

syncro
23-02-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm hoping that we will never have to use it here.
If you need to be insulting and obnoxious, just go to VWVortexn:
Keep this forum for sensible debates only.:)