PDA

View Full Version : Should I run some diesel conditioner in 2010 golf? What brand is best?

YoYo
03-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Have a 2010 golf wagon TDI with 80000klms on it.
should I be running a diesel conditioner in it? How often? What brand is best?
BP or Caltex still the best choice for fuel?
should I run a catch can on it? Or does it have one already and do I clean filter? Sorry not had a look yet.
thanks for your answers and any other tips apreciated.

stefcio007
17-05-2017, 09:16 PM
I ran some Shell fuel the other day, 10c off work freebie and the car didn't run as well as BP fuel.

subscribing because I would like to know too.

Kachingg
18-05-2017, 09:58 AM
The b.p and caltex servos have premium diesel for sale usually at a 2c a ltr more than reg diesel

They both have a anti foam additive to stop it foaming up out of tank and all over your paintwork
also both have a cleaner in them to help reduce the carbon buildup in combustion chamber and injectors

This is my own impression from using both fuels that the b.p one seems to be the better one, i feel like it gives my car more torque
than the caltex version

Tho i have read/heard that there is really no difference as all the fuels come into aus on the same boat not sure if its true or not or if the additives are added later and they use different ones but as i said b.p feels better to me

Good luck and have fun guys

neil
20-05-2017, 10:44 AM
I throw in a bit of chemtech diesel power every now and then , look out for it when its on special at Supacheap .
No BP near me now , did run BP for about 150,000km , now using the metro which has bowser sticker saying Mobile Premium.
No fuel issues after 180,000km.

stefcio007
07-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Think I might try the chemtech but fuel economy is really good. I am averaging 7.24L/100km (last 14,696km) and when I drove to Geelong and back recently I averaged 5.0L/100km, thats including slowing down for the roadworks and some urban driving at both ends.

Only reason I can see using it would be to know I'm running a clean system.

What do you think?

fransnz
12-09-2017, 08:08 PM
I run Morey's Diesel Smoke Killer & Fuel Conditioner in both my 2011 T5 TDI Multivan and 2005 TDI Golf.
Works great with better fuel consumption and more power.
I drive my Golf daily and can feel the difference.