PDA

View Full Version : VCDS mod suggestions for James Bond's new VW

lee_au
01-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Hi all,

Okay I perhaps mislead you in opening this thread a little bit ... but here's the situation.

I do some vehicle work for a personal protection and security company here in Sydney, and have a current model VW Tiguan to work on that is utilised in a semi-covert fashion - accordingly, I'm looking to turn off beeps, bleeps, horns, and any especially any extra internal and external lighting etc on the vehicle in order to not draw attention to the car or the occupants. It needs to be sneaky, not stylish.

This is a new step for us - normally we could just pull fuses/bulbs etc, however VW's are far too clever for their own good now and like to have a tantrum and show CEL's + warnings about such lights being out.

Subsequently we've purchased a VCDS HEX-V2 - however I'm having a few issues actually being able to change any of the more relevant settings in module 09, despite the SA code acknowledging that it's been accepted. I've not had long to play with the car, so I'll have another go in the next few days and hopefully find that there was just a problem somewhere between the seat and the steering wheel... but regardless, what relevant mods would you suggest I perform? In my opinion the first one to go is the DRL's.... but I'm sure there's heaps of other quirky ideas you can come up with?

Thanks again for your assistance.

P.S. Rocket launchers in headlights already coded and enabled..... :cool:

arcadelt
01-03-2017, 11:30 PM
DRLs and footwell lighting should be able to be changed via MFD. If DRLs do not appear there, you can add the menu item via VCDS so that DRLs can be switched by driver rather than always being off. Cabin Light has a manual switch.

lee_au
01-03-2017, 11:46 PM
DRLs and footwell lighting should be able to be changed via MFD. If DRLs do not appear there, you can add the menu item via VCDS so that DRLs can be switched by driver rather than always being off. Cabin Light has a manual switch.

Thanks Arcadelt, I didn't have any luck locating the DRL's in MFD, as is usually the case from my experience in Australia. I believe they classify it as a safety feature, therefore disabling it is restricted. Happy to be proven wrong though!

arcadelt
02-03-2017, 07:20 AM
Thanks Arcadelt, I didn't have any luck locating the DRL's in MFD, as is usually the case from my experience in Australia. I believe they classify it as a safety feature, therefore disabling it is restricted. Happy to be proven wrong though!

In that case, you should be able to add it using VCDS.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/a6e5d20df57a91f94ff52382a04b3631-2.jpg

DV52
02-03-2017, 10:14 PM

lee_au: Hmm............. your a clandestine secret agent intent on using your Tiggy for covert private eye work- very 007ish indeed!! :cool:

To more serious matters - congratulations on your HEX-V2 - I would be interested in your feedback on using Ross-Tech's newest family tool (I have a HEX-NET which I understand is identical to the V2 when used with the USB cable link)

As to your desire to turn-off the DRLs via the menu screen, and assuming that my assumption is correct that you have the MQB based Tiggy, then here's how you do it:

[*=1] Select 09-Cent. Elect.
[*=1]Select Security Access-16
[*=1]Enter Code 31347
[*=1]Click Do it! tab
[*=1]Select Adaptation-10
[*=1]Enter ENG116594 into the search box and from the pull-down arrow above the search box select IDE06864-ENG116594-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich
[*=1]Change the default setting not active to active
[*=1]Click Doit! tab
[*=1]Exit RT software
[*=1]Select Car from the buttons on the side of the media screen. Then press Setup (on the bottom RHS)
[*=1]Select Light
[*=1]Enable the "tick" on Daytime Running Light (tick-on DRLs on, tick-off DRLs off

Don

lee_au
04-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Don, thank you so much!!

Followed your instructions and it worked perfectly!! I owe you a martini or two!

Flipper Dog
05-03-2017, 11:54 AM

How do you go with the back blast in the engine bay? I find then mounted from under the doors and have them swing out from the vehicle body on arming works alright. Does warm your rear tyres a bit but, and watch out for speed humps.

DV52
05-03-2017, 09:33 PM

How do you go with the back blast in the engine bay? I find then mounted from under the doors and have them swing out from the vehicle body on arming works alright. Does warm your rear tyres a bit but, and watch out for speed humps.

Hmmm........ sometime soon, I will have to write a DIY thread on this forum about how to add rocket launchers and other more interesting stuff to a Golf - see picture below!

Don

PS: Flipper Dog: In my experience, the trick before I press either the "missiles", or "rocket" buttons is to make sure that I first press the "Ludicrous speed" button! The other important aspect of handling the new buttons in the picture is to ALWAYS make sure that the sun-roof is open before I press the seat ejector button (it gets pretty messy inside the cabin when I forget to do this)!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/87XCSp5-3.jpg

Delewin
05-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Ha. Ha. I love it. Haven't worked out how to convince the wife that this is just a VW traffic control add on. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AdamD
07-03-2017, 07:51 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/03/87XCSp5-2.jpg

C'mon Don - keep it factual please. That "ESP Off" button is clearly fake. :P

DV52
08-03-2017, 08:52 AM
C'mon Don - keep it factual please. That "ESP Off" button is clearly fake. :P

Adam: Yes - you are entirely correct - this is not the place for such levity! And yes, you have been very insightful in identifying the "ESP" button as being a fake.

The mis-labelling of this button was a necessary subterfuge so as not to scare my passengers. The real label for this button (which I deliberately didn't use) was "Thermo-Nuclear" (our secret - don't tell anyone!)

Don

Delewin
08-03-2017, 09:50 AM
There you go. I was wrong. I thought it was the "evacuation" button. The reverse of the ejector seat. The evacuation button opens the seat base and your passenger is cleanly deposited correctly in the road where your rear tyres imprint themselves over the said passenger. This option is designed to be used where discretion is preferred rather than the more ostentatious method of ejecting through the sun roof.

In my case I don't have a sun roof so the drop method was my only option.

DV52
09-03-2017, 11:30 AM
There you go. I was wrong. I thought it was the "evacuation" button. The reverse of the ejector seat. The evacuation button opens the seat base and your passenger is cleanly deposited correctly in the road where your rear tyres imprint themselves over the said passenger. This option is designed to be used where discretion is preferred rather than the more ostentatious method of ejecting through the sun roof.

In my case I don't have a sun roof so the drop method was my only option.

Delewin: what an absolutely brilliant idea!!

Has many better features than the seat eject option - less obvious on the freeway as the passenger is hurled into the sky and the only impact (pun intended) to the driver is the gentle thud, and slight shake in the steering wheel as the rear wheels roll-over the offending passenger!!

Please tell me that you will write-up a DIY thread on this forum for the option - I'm already reprinting the button label in eager anticipation of you doing so!

Don

Delewin
09-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Hi Don

I was thinking we could introduce a rotating switch assembly. Say 3 switches with 1 showing for each of the buttons displayed.

These would be mounted on a common shaft similar to a simple slot machine (1 armed bandit.) They would turn independently and click into position.

So instead of 5 buttons we would have a total of 15 with one row being "user" defined via VCDS.

I will give it some thought. As usual this conversation has not happened.