PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys worried about buying a Volkswagon Tiguan?

marcuskmt
28-02-2017, 03:44 PM
I've been following John Cadogan for a few months and he is really anti Volkswagon.

He wrote an article on why the Tiguan is not the car of the year which basically said that the VW brand is unreliable as is their service.

Today, he wrote another article about how VW have been bad about the dieselgate scandal.

I'm about to bite the bullet and get a VW and just want to hear your thoughts on this before I do.

Below are Cadogan's VW reviews...

400 Bad Request (http://autoexpert.com.au/buying-a-car/bull****-car-of-the-year?rq=coty)
400 Bad Request (http://autoexpert.com.au/buying-a-car/2017-volkswagen-dont-buy-warning)

cvee
28-02-2017, 04:04 PM
I've been following John Cadogan for a few months and he is really anti Volkswagon.

He wrote an article on why the Tiguan is not the car of the year which basically said that the VW brand is unreliable as is their service.

Today, he wrote another article about how VW have been bad about the dieselgate scandal.

I'm about to bite the bullet and get a VW and just want to hear your thoughts on this before I do.

Below are Cadogan's VW reviews...

400 Bad Request (http://autoexpert.com.au/buying-a-car/bull****-car-of-the-year?rq=coty)
400 Bad Request (http://autoexpert.com.au/buying-a-car/2017-volkswagen-dont-buy-warning)

He is hilarious.
What he says is true. They are a terrible corporate and environmental citizens. The way they are treating customers is bordering on criminal.
All he is saying is... should you be giving your business to such a company?

The answer is yours to decide. Everyone's circumstances are different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Delewin
28-02-2017, 04:17 PM
The Tiguan I have bought is my first VW. In fact my first European car. I looked at all cars in both wagon hatch and SUV and settled on the Tiguan as providing the best value for the money. My brother in law has owned a golf Fri for 6 years totally trouble free. A work colleague owns a Eos convertible equally trouble free.

I will be fully maintain my vehicle through a dealer at least over the warrantee period. After that I will see. My current XTrail has been serviced for over 14 years by the dealer I purchased it from. It has been virtually trouble free over this period.

U hope that helps in your thinking.
David

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chemics
28-02-2017, 04:58 PM
This guy also rubbished the isuzu dmax the year it won ute of the year
Take his opinions with a pinch of salt imo seems to be paid to to deliver bad write ups !!

Monty1951
28-02-2017, 05:16 PM
I have one. I am happy with it. I agree with a lot of the comments about VW's management but the car is great. No, I'm not happy with $1,300.00 for a wheel (I want a full size spare) but all manufacturers rip off customers on spares. Then complain about people buying non-genuine parts. I bought the car, not the company.

Hole46
28-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Cadogan is a wanker, he must have been traumatised by a VW beetle as a child!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gladbach
28-02-2017, 06:09 PM
I watch his videos purely for the entertainment value. He loves Mazda, Subaru and Hyundai and doesn't like much else, except maybe Mitsubishi. There's a few brands that he hates, and VW is one of them. There's nothing that VW could do to make him change his opinion of them and always gets annoyed when VW wins awards. Funnily enough, they often win awards by a range of different motoring magazines and sites, but in his opinion, they're ALL WRONG.

Flipper Dog
28-02-2017, 06:16 PM
I emailed him late last year with a list of six SUV's I was interested in for my parents. He rubbished every one in some form or other except for a Korean model I didn't look at. When I questioned him on that the model failed to have a specific feature I was needing he spat a dummy and said I was expecting too much in the price range I had given. Funny thing was that the Tiguan was on the list of which he was a little quite on, only going on about Subaru and Toyota's servicing intervals.

All he wanted was to flog off his car buying service to me. And they know how to play with it also, hey buddy know the difference between Outback and Outlander, yeah then how about getting the state I requested the quote from right!!!!!!!

Hole46 has him worked out :)

latearrival
28-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Cadogan is a wanker, he must have been traumatised by a VW beetle as a child!

No he's not.

He's a racist, sexist wanker.

Probably right about VWG though.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

bigmouthmedia
01-03-2017, 10:56 AM
No, I'm not happy with $1,300.00 for a wheel (I want a full size spare) but all manufacturers rip off customers on spares.

Is that an 18" or 20" ? A 18" for our Jeep is no more than about $300.

Mac135
01-03-2017, 06:25 PM
To answer the question - no not at all. Perfectly happy with our Tiguan our 4th VW and our 7th VAG vehicle. Most manufacturers have or have had their issues sure deiselgateis a biggy but then think about Takata, fiery Fords (US), Jeeps in constant recall.

Cadogan's comments are not without merit but he hardly seems to be unbiased with what appears to be a love affair with Mazda, Subaru and Hyundai. I usually look at his videos and then shrug them off.

About to welcome our 8th VAG product into the fold- Audi S3 sedan built this week and due in May.

peter51
01-03-2017, 07:04 PM
I'm not worried at all, have owned a 09 Tiguan TDI for almost 8 years now and it's been the best and most reliable car in 45 years of car ownership. Expecting to take delivery of a new 110 TDI in a couple of weeks .

I don't put much faith in the comments of any of the motoring experts, you just got to ask an owner about the cars performance.

Gladbach
01-03-2017, 08:00 PM
I'm not worried at all, have owned a 09 Tiguan TDI for almost 8 years now and it's been the best and most reliable car in 45 years of car ownership. Expecting to take delivery of a new 110 TDI in a couple of weeks .

I don't put much faith in the comments of any of the motoring experts, you just got to ask an owner about the cars performance.

Yep. Canstar survey car owners to find out how reliable their cars are. It's a pretty small sample size, but still, Volkswagen gets 5 stars..

New Car Reliability Review – Canstar Blue (http://www.canstarblue.com.au/vehicles/cars/reliability/)

tigger73
01-03-2017, 08:39 PM
The reality is the MQB platform that the Tiguan is built on has been out since Mk7 Golf was launched in 2012. So in reality it's quite a tried and tested platform and not one that I'd expect too many surprises given the Tiguan is built using a lot of the shared components. Yes there's differences, however fundamentally you're using the same engines that have had all the issues sorted out in other models well before the Tiguan has got near the production line.

So I'd say it's a fairly safe bet. But if you're really worried then buy an extended warranty.

Monty1951
02-03-2017, 06:30 AM
Is that an 18" or 20" ? A 18" for our Jeep is no more than about $300.

That's 17" x 6.5. It's not a common width either. The original VW wheel purchased in the US would be similar to the Jeep wheel cost but freight is prohibitive. I may go for good quality aftermarket wheels and sell the originals. If anyone else is thinking of that I'd be interested in buying a wheel off them. Update on tyres - Michelin tell me that the Primacy 3 should be here by the end of March. VW has some available if you really need them now.