PDA

View Full Version : New Tiguan - windscreen replacement

wiredless
07-02-2017, 12:52 PM
My Tiguan was delivered with a couple of deep scratches on the middle of the windscreen. The dealer has ordered a new screen which is great and it will be fitted this week.

Is there anything I need to look out for when they replace the glass? So many sensors and cameras on the car...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beowulf
07-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Make sure they use a genuine one, not sure they've had the time to do aftermarket yet but still. Had the dealer replace the Skoda's windscreen as they damaged it while dealtailing it, they replaced the screen with the base models windscreen. Same size shape etc but the rain sensor didn't work as supposedly there is a slight difference. Ended up having to look up some of the symbols and the model number to find they fit the wrong one.

Ozsko
08-02-2017, 03:48 PM
My Tiguan was delivered with a couple of deep scratches on the middle of the windscreen. The dealer has ordered a new screen which is great and it will be fitted this week.

Is there anything I need to look out for when they replace the glass? So many sensors and cameras on the car...

A diesel model might have a different windscreen for sound reduction.

wiredless
08-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Found this in the manual.
Pg 394 owners manual - after changing the windscreen, the camera and sensors must be calibrated by a qualified workshop.