All Tiguan models:

Driver assistance function – Rear manoeuvre braking
Enhanced Front Assist radar system with Pedestrian Recognition

The Driver Assistance package also has the following new features:

Lane Assist with adaptive lane guidance
Traffic Jam Assist
Emergency Assist

Additional changes for MY18:

The 17" Tulsa alloy wheel (Comfortline models) is changing from a single 'star' cover to individual wheel bolt covers
The high mounted rear brake light comes with a black frame
The internal headlight range/height adjustment dial has been replaced by a selection in the infotainment ‘car’ menu
The front fog light surrounding trim (Comfortline and Highline models) is changing from chrome to black
The rear seat air vents receive a gloss black border (previously chrome)
The front head restraints are now height adjusted by pushing a button
New generation MIB infotainment systems – 8” Composition Media, 8” Discover Media and 9.2” Discover Pro*
Media Control has been introduced with Discover Media and Discover Pro satellite navigation systems (Comfortline and Highline models)
The LED headlight cleaning system has been discontinued from Highline models
The roof rail mounts will come with a matte black finish instead of silver

The major changes are the new head unit and some additional safety/driver assist features. Other than that it's a few trims changing from silver to black.

tigger73
27-01-2017, 04:51 PM
Too early to know the MY18 specs unless you have very inside knowledge.

But yes the MY18 spec will be manufactured from build week 22 in 2017. This works out to the vehicles arriving in Aus around August/September.

My guess is that VWA will be lining up each trim level with the main competitors and making sure that it stays competitive in the category it's in. There will be some changes for sure.

If you are in the market for a new car around September then you can often pick up a good deal on the MY17 cars that the dealers are trying to shift or a MY18 if the options tick your boxes.

Quite possibly we'll see a new colour and if that's the case likely one dropped from the range also.

spamm_ed
28-01-2017, 01:39 AM
Doesnt the highline already have this?

- Proximity sensor keyless entry like Passat

DigitalCourt
28-01-2017, 06:42 AM
Doesnt the highline already have this?

The Passat is a little different:
"Selected models have proximity sensors which detect your key within 1.5 metres and the car automatically unlocks as you pull the door handle."
https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/models/passat.html?gclid=COfWx4uX49ECFYGbvAodiIsLcg#

Frogasaursas
28-01-2017, 08:02 AM
The Passat is a little different:
"Selected models have proximity sensors which detect your key within 1.5 metres and the car automatically unlocks as you pull the door handle."
https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/models/passat.html?gclid=COfWx4uX49ECFYGbvAodiIsLcg#

That's what happens with Tiguan Highline. I have one sitting in my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DigitalCourt
28-01-2017, 09:34 AM
That's what happens with Tiguan Highline. I have one sitting in my garage.

Nice! Good to know - it didn't say it in Tiguan specs so assumed it was just the door handle buttons

Beowulf
28-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Nice! Good to know - it didn't say it in Tiguan specs so assumed it was just the door handle buttons

It has a sensor on the inside which unlocks and the sensor button on the outside which locks etc

hcvo1
28-01-2017, 09:58 PM
HUD to be added?

tigger73
28-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Probably the earliest we'll know is around May/June time when dealers are able to order the MY18 cars. They'll be able to see what options the new model comes with and should be able to help you with a decision to get MY18 or current stock of MY17.

alexkid
11-03-2017, 11:30 AM
In this review, Thomas from Autogefühl claims the new entertainment head unit (the one in the golf refresh) will make its way into the MY18 specs:

https://youtu.be/aQN7d_-bFIA

I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago but I will be keeping a close watch on when the MY18 will be available to order. I might consider asking the dealer to slide my order by a month or two if it means I will get a MY18.

Has anyone heard any updates on when they would switch over production?

Gladbach
11-03-2017, 12:39 PM
The newer entertainment head unit does look pretty nice.

Interesting to see that if you upgrade the headlights then they actually upgrade the grill as well. It's a pity that the headlight option isn't available in Australia, it would be a good option for trendline and comfortline owners who want the LED lights and an upgraded grill.

tigger73
11-03-2017, 02:04 PM
I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago but I will be keeping a close watch on when the MY18 will be available to order. I might consider asking the dealer to slide my order by a month or two if it means I will get a MY18.

Has anyone heard any updates on when they would switch over production?

Talk to your dealer and if you want to I'd be changing the contract to specify MY18.

If it's only a few weeks in it then I'd be definitely waiting for the MY18 spec.

Tigger162
11-03-2017, 04:27 PM
My18 might be this called Tiguan allspace introducing a third row and overall larger. If so then I'm not much of a fan.

http://www.motoring.com.au/volkswagen-tiguan-allspace-due-early-2018-106171/

alexkid
11-03-2017, 05:29 PM
Talk to your dealer and if you want to I'd be changing the contract to specify MY18.

If it's only a few weeks in it then I'd be definitely waiting for the MY18 spec.

Unfortunately there are still quite a number of unknowns:

When will the MY18 spec be announced?
When will it be available for order in Australia?
What delivery month will that correspond with?

I have been quoted approx August delivery for my order although of course no build date yet so it's a bit of a guess. Maybe I will automatically receive an MY18.

tigger73
11-03-2017, 05:52 PM

I have been quoted approx August delivery for my order although of course no build date yet so it's a bit of a guess. Maybe I will automatically receive an MY18.

Dealers should know the MY18 spec around May. If they are placing orders on the factory they will be getting an MY18 spec vehicle then.

MY18 typically starts building in week 22 which is end of May/start June. Typically first cars that are MY18 build spec will start arriving at dealers mid-late August.

If you're on a longer delivery you may get a MY18 build but to be sure I'd speak to the dealer and get it specified in your contract. More than likely there will be some changes but your guess is as good as mine as to what they are going to be.

The Mazda CX-5 update has been launched since the Tig came out and no doubt there will be some "realignment" of the specs of the Tiguan to keep it competitive. I'd expect a couple more options as standard but that's just a guess.

AEROBERGERKLOPS
11-03-2017, 05:54 PM
My18 might be this called Tiguan allspace introducing a third row and overall larger. If so then I'm not much of a fan.

http://www.motoring.com.au/volkswagen-tiguan-allspace-due-early-2018-106171/

The Tiguan Allspace/ Tiguan XL will just be an extended wheelbase variant that will be available along side the current mk2 Tiguan. Looks pretty plain, but so does the current ones. I would like to see one in R-Line guise!

In regards to the my18 upgrades, they should be pretty similar to the golf 7.5 ones. I wonder if the Tiguan will get the cascading turn signals

TheTig
11-03-2017, 06:09 PM

when did you place your order?

Pzero
12-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Is there any official news on this? Seems like all speculation at the moment.

tigger73
12-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Is there any official news on this? Seems like all speculation at the moment.

Yep all speculation at the moment and for the next couple of months until the MY18 specs are released. Dealers don't want people holding off on purchases so VW won't release the specs until closer to the time.

The good thing about buying a January built car is that it will hold it's value a little better at resale time. Good thing about buying a June built car is that it has the updated spec which can sometimes help in resale if people are chasing particular options.

However there's never a good time to buy a car as it's always a bad investment.

So you should make your purchasing decision based on enjoyment and what makes you and your family happy :D

Pzero
12-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Haha true fair enough.

alexkid
13-03-2017, 08:04 AM
when did you place your order?

Third week of February

TheTig
13-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Third week of February

Cheers, mine was 2nd March, we'll know more in the coming month or so I guess.

alexkid
13-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Cheers, mine was 2nd March, we'll know more in the coming month or so I guess.

Definitely will do. My dealer mentioned I might be able to reorder when the new spec comes out. I guess the original would turn into a dealer order or maybe they could reassign it to someone who doesn't want to wait.

Tigger162
13-03-2017, 01:08 PM
I might have to cancel my order and wait for this..

2018 VW Tiguan Coupe R - New SUV 2018 (http://www.newsuv2018.com/2018-vw-tiguan-coupe-r/)

TheTig
13-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Definitely will do. My dealer mentioned I might be able to reorder when the new spec comes out. I guess the original would turn into a dealer order or maybe they could reassign it to someone who doesn't want to wait.

It's an interesting proposition, I would have thought once the production lines change over to the new model that's it. So if our builds land after the change over we'll get the updated model. A re-order would come into play if the build was going to be a before the cut over you'd think?

hcvo1
21-03-2017, 08:23 AM
This came out this morning from the 2017 Golf 7.5 update

"Comfortline and Highline models can be optioned with the Infotainment Package, which includes the 12.3-inch Active Info digital instrument display, Discover Pro 9.2-inch satellite navigation system with gesture control and voice control (pictured above), along with a 400W Dynaudio Excite audio system with 10-channel digital amplifier and subwoofer."

Is it safe to say that the MY18 Tiguan will follow suit?

2017 Volkswagen Golf 7.5: Australian details (http://www.caradvice.com.au/533030/2017-volkswagen-golf-7-5-upgrades-australian-details/)

Gladbach
21-03-2017, 08:55 AM
This came out this morning from the 2017 Golf 7.5 update

"Comfortline and Highline models can be optioned with the Infotainment Package, which includes the 12.3-inch Active Info digital instrument display, Discover Pro 9.2-inch satellite navigation system with gesture control and voice control (pictured above), along with a 400W Dynaudio Excite audio system with 10-channel digital amplifier and subwoofer."

Is it safe to say that the MY18 Tiguan will follow suit?

2017 Volkswagen Golf 7.5: Australian details (http://www.caradvice.com.au/533030/2017-volkswagen-golf-7-5-upgrades-australian-details/)

Interesting - Dynaudio finally making a comeback in Australia..

Pzero
21-03-2017, 06:23 PM
That would mean a new option on top of the highline adding dynaudio and discover pro. Adding further to the cost. I was hoping discover pro would be included into the highline by default at least. Well let's see..

MiiLos
21-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Just sent a message to my sales rep questioning that article and possibility for the Tiguan. Will update when he replies. Although he did say initially there had been no updates about MY18 for the Tiguan just yet but he'll look into it.

Gladbach
21-03-2017, 07:51 PM
That would mean a new option on top of the highline adding dynaudio and discover pro. Adding further to the cost. I was hoping discover pro would be included into the highline by default at least. Well let's see..

Discover Pro is included in the highline by default.

Pzero
21-03-2017, 08:03 PM
I mean the full rich colour, voice gestures and touch enabled screen like the one in tiguan allspace... With capacitative touch buttons including for volume, and without any physical buttons around the console.

You can actually see that screen on the article.

gorey
28-04-2017, 08:23 AM
MY18 changes are starting to trickle through. I believe the German Volkswagen configurator has been updated. Having trouble working out the exact changes.

Anyone know if the AU dealers would also know the changes now?

Eyes24
28-04-2017, 10:03 AM
Ok guys! Will have update on my18 spec's maybe today or tomorrow, there are a lot of changes in the Driver assist package ,which you will be excited about. There is a new head unit, this is info is from my mate at Vw.
Will post when he sends it to me.

gorey
28-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Do you know what build date the MY18 start from? Would it be the start of June or start of July?

I hear week 22 floating around so that would be between May 29 and June 4?

Eyes24
28-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Will find out

Eyes24
28-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Just a teaser till I get the list , from what l can remember traffic jam assist, lane guidance, electric headrests. And new head deck (still to confirm whether it has voice suggest)
Hopefully l get list tonight.
Goddamnit now thinking of getting the my18.

DigitalCourt
28-04-2017, 01:34 PM
How about Dynaudio?

It's available on the new Golf.

Eyes24
28-04-2017, 01:36 PM
Don't know yet, about to see our friend, will get full update on spec's .
Will post as soon as l get it.

Eyes24
28-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Do you know what build date the MY18 start from? Would it be the start of June or start of July?

I hear week 22 floating around so that would be between May 29 and June 4?

Hi all l can confirm , change over to my18 starts week 22.

Eyes24
28-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Ok everyone, he is the updated spec's for my18 Tiguan.

Manoeuvre braking, rear (all models)
Pedestrian recognition (all models)
Driver assistance package adds:
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Emergency Assist
- Lane Assist with adaptive lane guidance
17" Tulsa alloy wheel (Comfortline) is changing from a single 'star' cover to individual wheel bolt covers
Rear seat air vents receive a gloss black border, replacing chrome
Front head restraints are now height adjusted by pushing a button
LED headlight cleaning system has been discontinued from Highline models
Front fog light surrounding trim is changing from chrome to black
Roof rail mounts will receive a matte black finish instead of silver
High mounted rear brake light will receive a black frame
Internal headlight range/height adjustment dial has been replaced by a selection in the infotainment ‘car’ menu
New generation MIB infotainment systems – 8” Composition Media, 8” Discover Media and 9.2” Discover Pro
Media Control

theitchy
28-04-2017, 04:59 PM
If they are changing these thing on new MY18, we are MY17, be able to updating these change like pedestrian recoginition/ manoeuvre/emergency assist ...etc... anything can be changing code during our first service????

TheTig
28-04-2017, 05:01 PM
If they are changing these thing on new MY18, we are MY17, be able to updating these change like pedestrian recoginition/ manoeuvre/emergency assist ...etc... anything can be changing code during our first service????

Be nice if it's offered as a software update at service time for those with DAP.

Eyes24
28-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Be nice if it's offered as a software update at service time for those with DAP.

I will try to find out.

gorey
28-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Nice work! I am a bit unsure about the chrome parts being replaced with gloss black but It might look ok. Everything else sounds pretty good! Pretty sure my build will be MY18 with the delivery date currently at October/November

Pzero
28-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Good to know about new (I assume glass full touch with 2 knobs) infotainment system and media control.

What are the high mounted rear brake lights?

Also I don't see any chrome around front fog lights in the current photos.. Is that an r line change?

Eyes24
28-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Nice work! I am a bit unsure about the chrome parts being replaced with gloss black but It might look ok. Everything else sounds pretty good! Pretty sure my build will be MY18 with the delivery date currently at October/November

Yes it will

bendor
28-04-2017, 10:34 PM
Good to know about new (I assume glass full touch with 2 knobs) infotainment system and media control.

What are the high mounted rear brake lights?

Also I don't see any chrome around front fog lights in the current photos.. Is that an r line change?

Presumably the brake light at the top of the boot door window?

Does anyone know what the date is of week 22? From my dealer Nadcon print-out my "Handover to Production Date" is 20/5 which appears to be the Saturday of Week 21!

Looks like it might be the last MY17?!?!

Eyes24
28-04-2017, 10:44 PM
Presumably the brake light at the top of the boot door window?

Does anyone know what the date is of week 22? From my dealer Nadcon print-out my "Handover to Production Date" is 20/5 which appears to be the Saturday of Week 21!

Looks like it might be the last MY17?!?!

May 29 is the start of week 22

JeroenDV
30-04-2017, 06:12 AM
29255This is the brake light at top of the boothdoor.

Will the Discover media be the same as the ones in the golf?
https://youtu.be/guLKcV7o8kc

tigger73
30-04-2017, 06:57 AM

No MY17 will not get software updates to bring it up to MY18 spec (even though it's only software). You only get what you paid for when you bought the car - otherwise there's no need for you to buy a new car!!! ;)

Will the Discover media be the same as the ones in the golf?
https://youtu.be/guLKcV7o8kc

Yes the Tiguan, Passat and Golf will all share the new Diiscover media - 8” Composition Media, 8” Discover Media and 9.2” Discover Pro depending on which version comes with the model (Trendline/Comfortline/Highline).

Vwvw1212
30-04-2017, 07:36 AM
Hi everyone
Would like some feedback on those that have the my17 on order please.
I have the option of staying with my17 or switching over to my18 however will stretch out delivery by 1-2 more months.
It seems the my18 changes with TJA, ALG etc can be updated by software from what my dealer has told me. Failing that coding will enable these features anyway.
That leaves the new discover pro 9.2 vs. all the dropouts like headlight washer and removal of chrome trim. I am not too sure of the point of the new discover pro other than gesture control which sounds gimmicky as had it on a mobile phone and drove me mad! Prefer the old school dials and touch screen. In terms of the chrome trim that sounds like a big deal as this makes the car look more premium however not sure of the black trim looks? Most premium looking cars have chrome looking trim.
Anyways, would be great for anyones feedback on whether best to stick with my17 or switch over to my18? I am leaning the way of my17 given TJA/AGL can be coded regardless and the new discover pro sounds annoying with the gesture thing, chrome trim being removed ain't great.
Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ryanjames20
30-04-2017, 07:38 AM
I ordered mine on Thursday last week, and have been emailing my dealer requesting more information about the MY18 models. They were able to confirm all the safety additions but have said that on the information they received, the MY18 Tiguan won't be getting the new systems....

gorey
30-04-2017, 07:56 AM
I ordered mine on Thursday last week, and have been emailing my dealer requesting more information about the MY18 models. They were able to confirm all the safety additions but have said that on the information they received, the MY18 Tiguan won't be getting the new systems....

That's strange as the print out that Eyes24 got from the VW dealer lists the new infotainment systems. The German Tiguan forums also confirm that they are getting them. The Tiguan all space photos show the new systems too.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/04/6a6295337d6a13f5c3f462af75ccd820-3.jpg

Vwvw1212
30-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Hi Thanks for the info. Regarding the safety systems not fussed as if dealer can't do it then can be coded. Friends that have my17 now have alresdy added TJA, AGL etc.

hoola
30-04-2017, 12:40 PM
Hi Thanks for the info. Regarding the safety systems not fussed as if dealer can't do it then can be coded. Friends that have my17 now have alresdy added TJA, AGL etc.

Hi Vwvw1212,

I have been experimenting with coding TJA. To date I have managed to code AGL and it is working. How did your friends manage to enable TJA for MY17? What I have found comparing EU and AU spec Tiguans is that there are quite extensive codings to be done on modules 13, 17, 5F and A5, but there AU spec Tiguans only have two bytes in module 44 Steering Assist, compared to 7 bytes for EU spec Tiguans.

Eyes24
30-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Hi Vwvw1212,

I have been experimenting with coding TJA. To date I have managed to code AGL and it is working. How did your friends manage to enable TJA for MY17? What I have found comparing EU and AU spec Tiguans is that there are quite extensive codings to be done on modules 13, 17, 5F and A5, but there AU spec Tiguans only have two bytes in module 44 Steering Assist, compared to 7 bytes for EU spec Tiguans.

Y don't u just wait till you can look at a my18 then copy the code .

Vwvw1212
30-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Hi Vwvw1212,

Meeting them tomorrow and will come back to you. Cheers.

bendor
30-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone
Would like some feedback on those that have the my17 on order please.
I have the option of staying with my17 or switching over to my18 however will stretch out delivery by 1-2 more months.
It seems the my18 changes with TJA, ALG etc can be updated by software from what my dealer has told me. Failing that coding will enable these features anyway.
That leaves the new discover pro 9.2 vs. all the dropouts like headlight washer and removal of chrome trim. I am not too sure of the point of the new discover pro other than gesture control which sounds gimmicky as had it on a mobile phone and drove me mad! Prefer the old school dials and touch screen. In terms of the chrome trim that sounds like a big deal as this makes the car look more premium however not sure of the black trim looks? Most premium looking cars have chrome looking trim.
Anyways, would be great for anyones feedback on whether best to stick with my17 or switch over to my18? I am leaning the way of my17 given TJA/AGL can be coded regardless and the new discover pro sounds annoying with the gesture thing, chrome trim being removed ain't great.
Thanks!

Not sure that the headlight washer affects us over here as I think it is still included in the packages with LEDs that we get in Oz. The gist in the UK forums was that it was now an added option along the many others that they get over there, rather than everything being in "Packs" like we get here.

I f that is the case then its removal of chrome vs gaining a 1.2" bigger screen for the head unit but losing real knobs. My delivery is right on the cusp of MY17 / MY18 so I'm going to let fate decide!

As always there is a significant chance that I am talking out of my posterior....

Vwvw1212
30-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Not sure that the headlight washer affects us over here as I think it is still included in the packages with LEDs that we get in Oz. The gist in the UK forums was that it was now an added option along the many others that they get over there, rather than everything being in "Packs" like we get here.

I f that is the case then its removal of chrome vs gaining a 1.2" bigger screen for the head unit but losing real knobs. My delivery is right on the cusp of MY17 / MY18 so I'm going to let fate decide!

As always there is a significant chance that I am talking out of my posterior....
Hahaha good one!
Letting fate decide is the what to go then!

alexkid
30-04-2017, 10:09 PM

What date did you order and when is your quoted delivery date?

I have been given an indicative delivery date of 31 Aug. I haven't heard of any progress with build dates ect from my dealer yet. I might give her a call to see if it has been allocated yet. I'm hoping for week 22 build!

Don't forget to consider resale value on MY17 vs MY18.

bendor
30-04-2017, 10:55 PM

I have been given an indicative delivery date of 31 Aug. I haven't heard of any progress with build dates ect from my dealer yet. I might give her a call to see if it has been allocated yet. I'm hoping for week 22 build!

Ordered 30/3, delivery end of August, but my Nadcon screenshot says handover to production week 21. Do these things ever slip, and if so would that put it into MY18?

Re resale value, I expect to keep it for at least 4 or 5 years so not overly concerned.

ryanjames20
30-04-2017, 11:01 PM
I'd really prefer that new Discover Pro system, it just looks more modern and I'm to some extent it'll function better then the current MIB2 Discover Pro :rolleyes:

Do have a concerning picture but...
From the UK VW website, of the MY18 Tiguan with different headlamps. No washers but definitely a different headlamp to the models as per the Australian website.
I've sent my dealer an email to ask them to check whether there is a change in the actual headlamp as well or just the removal of the cleaning system for the HIDs.

Vwvw1212
01-05-2017, 06:04 AM

Resale value is a good point. Personally not a big deal for me as I change over cars every 3 years with the same repayments, cara dont really cost me a thing after depreciation and tax deductions.
End of he day I am hoping for my17 but whatever happens it is still a magnificent car!

limiteded
01-05-2017, 08:33 AM
I'd really prefer that new Discover Pro system, it just looks more modern and I'm to some extent it'll function better then the current MIB2 Discover Pro :rolleyes:

Do have a concerning picture but...
From the UK VW website, of the MY18 Tiguan with different headlamps. No washers but definitely a different headlamp to the models as per the Australian website.
I've sent my dealer an email to ask them to check whether there is a change in the actual headlamp as well or just the removal of the cleaning system for the HIDs.

the lights in that picture are not the dynamic/directional headlight that is currently on the highline. The ones in the pic have a different drl signature, and only auto level, much like the headlamps that came out on the passat alltrack wolfsburg edition.
though i did think it was an adr requirment to have washers on directional headlamps, but then the my18 changes bulletin doesnt list a headlamp change

ryanjames20
01-05-2017, 08:35 AM
but then the my18 changes bulletin doesnt list a headlamp change

Exactly [emoji29] that's why I'm worried about this picture alone.

AEROBERGERKLOPS
01-05-2017, 09:38 AM
I hope that picture is just for the Euro and other markets, as they can option the R-Line kit on almost any trim level, whereas you won't see a tiguan with the R-Line kit, unless its a highline. So hopefully VWA still retain the LED headlights with the DRLs in our Highlines for MY18+

tigger73
01-05-2017, 01:08 PM
I'm pretty sure there's no change of the headlights apart from taking off the washers for Highline. This must be due to changes with ADR's or being able to option them separately at the factory.

I'd be happy not to have the sprayers making a mess of the front of the car.

ryanjames20
01-05-2017, 11:05 PM
Okay so just clarity, my dealer has confirmed that the Lights in Aus will remain the exact same as the previous MY18 highline models just without the cleaning system.
And if they don't have I have it in writing and can really mess same crap up if it doesn't [emoji28] (hopefully but they are correct)
And I got my email from VW ❤️ order confirmed http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/ee0f5e47f7aab243dd2bda1f88e74f00-3.jpg

In regards to Discover Pro 9.2 (New Gen) they have said "The spec are a bit confusing about the 9.2 Discover Pro it doesn’t specify which car it is available on or which option it comes with."
Neither confirming or denying the possibility.
However they did say they'll let me know as soon there is any further light on the subject.

Gladbach
01-05-2017, 11:11 PM
the lights in that picture are not the dynamic/directional headlight that is currently on the highline. The ones in the pic have a different drl signature, and only auto level, much like the headlamps that came out on the passat alltrack wolfsburg edition.
though i did think it was an adr requirment to have washers on directional headlamps, but then the my18 changes bulletin doesnt list a headlamp change

Funny, because those lights look like the ones that are in the picture of the car in the active info display.

ryanjames20
01-05-2017, 11:30 PM
@Gladbach, Yea you're kinda right :P

A video posted by @NZ_GolfR you see right at the end, But anyway the highline LEDs are just amazing so I'll personally be very unhappy with anything but :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFHvPqhmpo

ryanjames20
03-05-2017, 03:46 PM
I spy an MY18 Tiguan on the VW US website :P
With the new Discover Pro/ Additional safety features and the washer-less LED headlamps

2018 VW Tiguan - The Stylish SUV | Volkswagen (http://www.vw.com/models/2018-tiguan)

Seems to be the only useful information and actual vehicle photos that I can find so far.
Hope I'm being helpful to some :D

Gladbach
03-05-2017, 04:25 PM
I think I prefer the existing discover pro. I've never been a fan of touch buttons, I like the feeling of the button depressing for some reason. Also, I prefer the look of the older one, and they way it integrates with the dash. The new one looks a little out of place.

bonsquibbins
15-05-2017, 07:03 AM
Hi, I am wondering if there is any chance of the Dynaudio option being available for the MY18 Tiguans now, seeing as it is supposedly returning to Australia for the 7.5 Golf?

If there _are_ any changes to the MY18 options - when would the website configurator likely be updated? After May 22nd?

After doing a bit of reading - I think it's frustrating to think that it is purely an administrative decision, as the option is available from a physical capability point of view.

tigger73
15-05-2017, 07:11 PM
No chance for dynadio. The full list of MY 18 options was posted earlier in the thread.

The configurator is likely only going to be updated when MY 18 cars hit the showrooms in Aug/Sept. Until then they'll want to sell all the MY17 cars they can and not get stuck with them.

Eyes24
15-05-2017, 07:21 PM
The first lot of my18 will land in Melb week 31.

marcuskmt
17-05-2017, 12:27 AM
Do people think MY 18 is an upgrade, downgrade or side step?

Vwvw1212
17-05-2017, 04:20 AM
Do people think MY 18 is an upgrade, downgrade or side step?
I think it is downgrade. Personal preference I guess. I am very fussy about the look of a car and not a fan of new black trim going everywhere. For instance the roof rails getting a black treatment rather than current silver won't look good on some colours.

For me my18 involves some cost cutting from VW ie no chrome trim, no headlight washers etc. New screen on my18 is gimmicky and again personal preference with touch buttons. New safety features on my18 can be had now with some coding or an update later on. I am sure My18 will have better resale value though being newer.

gorey
17-05-2017, 09:18 AM
I think it's too early to tell. No one has even seen a MY18 in the flesh. Chrome surrounds don't necessarily mean classy. Just look at any Mazda. I think we need to wait until we see what it looks like. There may also be a durability reason behind replacing the chrome. In regards to the roof rails, it's only the mount that will be black, not the rail itself.

On the new discover pro, bigger screen with less physical buttons is the trend these days. Just look at any phone. I think android auto and CarPlay are going to be used more and more in the future so it make sense.

bendor
17-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Am I right in thinking the new MY18 Discover Pro is the one that still has the two dial knobs but loses the other function keys? I think there is a further upgraded version available that is completely "touch"?

gorey
22-05-2017, 11:12 AM
Anyone interested in seeing what the MY18 model changes look like, the German Volkswagen site Volkswagen Deutschland (http://www.vw.de) has the Tiguan gallery updated. You can see what the interior will look like and also shows thee Tiguan with them black roof rail mounts.

essy670
22-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Thanks gorey, not sure about that steering wheel (to big) as for the rest of the interior, no change as far as I can see.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

gorey
22-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Steering wheel should be the same. The changes on the interior are that some of the inserts (on the glovebox and around the air conditioner vents) are now black instead of silver/chrome. You can compare with the AU Volkswagen site pictures which have the pics of the 2017 model still.

The new discover pro entertainment unit is also shown

bendor
22-05-2017, 01:06 PM
So the German configurator defeated me, but here is a small "teaser" shot from there of the MY18 R-Line interior vs one from current Australian MY17 configurator.

The Discover Pro is definitely the new version but the not sure re the discontinued chrome surrounds?

bendor
22-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Heres a better shot of the Discover Pro, presumably its the one we will get in Australia, can anyone confirm / deny?

(Edited for spelling)

gorey
22-05-2017, 01:33 PM
These pictures are a bit better if they MY18. Obviously ignore the seat colours and dynaudio speakers which we won't get.

gorey
22-05-2017, 01:42 PM
These pictures are a bit better if they MY18. Obviously ignore the seat colours and dynaudio speakers which we won't get.

As a comparison, below is the MY17

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/00b8c4931c3ae1aee75f9a7a44a23561png-4.jpg

popeye
22-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Just my 2cents here for anyone that has major concerns about MY build difference. From my experience in the car manufacturing industry (21 years with a local manufacturer) unless the change is listed as a minor change aka face lift the changes are very limited. Things like head units get updated, trims get maybe a different look but the overall equipment is always the same.
Unless VW doesn't take into consideration the huge costs associated with change (which I highly doubt) i can't see the MY 18 been a whole lot different from MY16 let alone MY17.
Just a thought .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

ewok666
22-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Unless VW doesn't take into consideration the huge costs associated with change (which I highly doubt) i can't see the MY 18 been a whole lot different from MY16 let alone MY17.
Just a thought .

I sure hope it's different from the MY16!!!

wingzee
22-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Heres a better shot of the Discover Pro, presumably its the one we will get in Australia, can anyone confirm / deny?

(Edited for spelling)

Likely to be the case as that looks really similar (possibly even the same hardware) as the one for the MY18 Skoda Octavia facelift - which obviously was never meant for RHD as the touch-based controls are still located on the left.

https://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/details/SKODA-Octavia-2017/OAG-AD-14705110

popeye
22-05-2017, 03:14 PM
I sure hope it's different from the MY16!!!
When was the gen 2 got released to the market ?

Vwvw1212
22-05-2017, 04:26 PM

(Edited for spelling)
Hope it's the one with gesture control and dials. This one is all touch screen?

bendor
22-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Hope it's the one with gesture control and dials. This one is all touch screen?

Fairly sure it is, I think the one down from this still has two knobs, one on either side halfway up.

bendor
22-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Minority Report :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIpT3jStL7Q

Vwvw1212
22-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Minority Report :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIpT3jStL7Q
Nice video.
Shame it has no dials which would matche the rest of the car better. This one is video doesn't seem to favour rest of car layout and buttons.

ewok666
24-05-2017, 10:56 PM
when was the gen 2 got released to the market ?

Sent from my sm-g925i using tapatalk

my17 ;-)

Eyes24
25-05-2017, 07:14 AM
Discover Pro – Highlights (in addition to Discover Media):
• 9.2“ colour touchscreen display
• Capacitive panels replace buttons and dials
• Individually configurable home screen
• Gesture Control
• Voice Control
• DVD drive
• 10 GB of available storage

My18 Tiguan new head unit

Pzero
25-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Can you confirm if it's the model with 1 or 2 knobs or no knobs at all - full touch?

Eyes24
25-05-2017, 08:12 AM
Can you confirm if it's the model with 1 or 2 knobs or no knobs at all - full touch?

No knobs

pjw
04-06-2017, 05:31 AM
Hi Eyes24. I saw in a few of your posts a few weeks ago you mentioned your friend that had some Tiguans coming and was able to do a good deal.

I am after a Tiguan 162tsi with R Line, DAP and sunroof in white, with tow bar and roof racks also. Prefer a MY18 model. Can you put me in contact with your friend?

Phil.

Gladbach
05-06-2017, 03:14 AM
No knobs

I like the glossy black finish but I would much prefer buttons and dials.

Vwvw1212
05-06-2017, 07:00 AM
Can anyone please let know if the Discover pro and digital dash screen is matt or gloss in the current model? From the comments and pictures I can see the Discover pro on my18 is gloss? Not sure how that will work with sun coming in the car especially cars with sunroof? Thinking back I think cars normally have sat navs and digital dash in matt? Cheers

Pzero
07-06-2017, 07:37 PM
The my17 model has a TFT style matt screen, similar to old standalone GPS units if you know what I mean. Reflection on my18 screens may be an issues. Tints could help though!

Also another update with my18, there's potentially (unconfirmed for Australia) a seat design change for the Storm Grey leather option (for Highline, no r-line). You can check the German or Irish configurator websites for an idea. Minor change but doesn't look as good as before IMO. I was so close to selecting it over all black but finally I'm going for black due to ease of care, kids, durability, resale value, and this design change. Maybe will go for a lighter interior for the next purchase in the future!

davyschouw
15-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Hello people from the forum!

My name is Davy and i'm from the Netherlands.
I'm following the tiguan forums for a little while now and would like to send some insights about the my18. I ordered a tiggy in january and will receive it tuesday. I allready made some pictures from the car today as it just arrived yesterday afternoon. The tiguan was made on friday week 21 and has all the updates for the my18 model. http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/c17a66087d953325d68a122b5151601b-3.jpg
As you can see the tiguan has the led lights and no headlight sprayers.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/0b9fd7cff18e2bdec2e4e693a3089903-3.jpg

I ordered the discover media and you'll have a glossy screen with 2 knobs.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/d1fa13c523a24647849858994a5b9ae2-3.jpg

I hope this helps to clear things up! I'f you have any questions, i would like to answer them. Maybe we have to wait till tuesday to answer the questions because then i collect the keys.

Have a nice day and i hope my English is good enough :)

Greetings,

Davy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

gorey
15-06-2017, 09:20 PM
That's Davy, your car looks great. This is the first MY18 photos I have seen so thanks for posting. Some people were concerned about the removal of some of the chrome on the interior but the changes look pretty minimal and it looks like it still has the chrome piping around the vents

Gladbach
15-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Nice one Davy, thanks.

bendor
16-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Thanks Davy, looks great but they sure parked it close to that fence.

Guessing thats an R-Line exterior pack? The new black roof rack mounts don't look too bad.

Seanix
16-06-2017, 02:31 PM
I suspect the Aussie delivered model is slightly different to the one posted.

Black roof rails
Different wheels
Infotainment (no button, full touch screen?)

MY18 went into production in late May, so the next batch of cars coming into aus should be my18.

2016 Audi RS3. 2015 A4 Quattro

gorey
16-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Seanix: we are not getting black roof rails in MY18. It's only the mounts that will be black. Same as what is posted above.

subbi
16-06-2017, 06:29 PM
I suspect the Aussie delivered model is slightly different to the one posted.

Black roof rails
Different wheels
Infotainment (no button, full touch screen?)

MY18 went into production in late May, so the next batch of cars coming into aus should be my18.

Hi Seanix,
Do you have any info around Traffic Jam Assist and Adaptive Lane Guidance?
I loved the look of the Tiguan and the drive is great, but just hated the bouncing around with Lane Keep Assist.
Honda Sensing does the Lane Guidance pretty well and call TJA as Stop & Go. I would love to have that on the Tiguan.
Buying decision made easy :)

Seanix
16-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Hi Seanix,
Do you have any info around Traffic Jam Assist and Adaptive Lane Guidance?
I loved the look of the Tiguan and the drive is great, but just hated the bouncing around with Lane Keep Assist.
Honda Sensing does the Lane Guidance pretty well and call TJA as Stop & Go. I would love to have that on the Tiguan.
Buying decision made easy :)
Hey mate, I am yet to take delivery of the Tiguan. Its fully optioned but can't comment on how well the lane assist behaves.
This will be our first VW. The test drive won me over the Q5 and GLC.
162 R line was a easy choice when compared to the other 2 SUVs.

My Audi RS has lane assist and works well so I can only assume the VW will be similar due to being part of the VAG.

gorey
16-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Seanix: Interesting that you picked it over a Q5 and GLC. What was it that pushed you towards the Tiguan?

Eyes24
16-06-2017, 09:02 PM
I think TJA works in conjunction with the ACC under 65 km an hour. Apparently it follows the car in front, and if the car in front stops or slows down you will too, to Resume again I think you just have to push the Resume button or push the gas. As for the active line guidance it does not ping-pong from side to side it keeps the car centred in the middle of the lines on the road.

Seanix
16-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Seanix: Interesting that you picked it over a Q5 and GLC. What was it that pushed you towards the Tiguan?

The current Q5 looks dated. It's interior is the same as my A4. So it felt like driving a jacked up slower A4.. lol
The SQ5 on the other hand is fast but again the interior hasn't changed in like 8 years.

GLC was nice to drive. Lovely interior and exterior. But in comparison to the Tiguan was significantly slower. I'm referring to the 2.1L diesel btw.

The Tiguan also has the largest boot space compared to the other 2 which was a big ticket item for me.

To sum up my preference on the 162 rline Tiguan:
Looks modern
Virtual cockpit
Ample interior & boot space
Its Fast 😁

So apart from all the good stuff, the name Tiguan cracks me up a little. Sounds like a reptile.. lol

subbi
16-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Thanks Seanix.
I will await your review once you get your Tiguan :)
Definitely interested in Lanes assist/guidance + TJA - That is really the final deal maker when I am paying top dollar - The Tiguan is excellent otherwise - basing on the test drive I did back in Feb this year on the 2017 build.

subbi
16-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Forgot to ask - Does lane assist in your Audi keep you centered or bounces between the lanes , coming in to effect only when you inadvertently are switching lanes?

subbi
16-06-2017, 09:51 PM
I think TJA works in conjunction with the ACC under 65 km an hour. Apparently it follows the car in front, and if the car in front stops or slows down you will too, to Resume again I think you just have to push the Resume button or push the gas. As for the active line guidance it does not ping-pong from side to side it keeps the car centred in the middle of the lines on the road.

That is indeed right and that is exactly what I am looking for - Do both of these come through for the Australian make in the MY 18 model (The heads up display is also something I am looking forward to) :)

Eyes24
16-06-2017, 09:56 PM
That is indeed right and that is exactly what I am looking for - Do both of these come through for the Australian make in the MY 18 model (The heads up display is also something I am looking forward to) :)

Yes they do, but no heads up.

Seanix
16-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Forgot to ask - Does lane assist in your Audi keep you centered or bounces between the lanes , coming in to effect only when you inadvertently are switching lanes?
It works okay. Our roads aren't the best so it often doesn't recognize the lane markers.
When crossing over lanes without using the turn signal, the steering vibrates and softly tries to correct it for you but it's not intrusive. No bouncing from one side to the other.

The radar cruise control comes to a stop if the car stops in front and then takes off again once it gets clearance. This is automated, I don't have to hit resume etc..

The one feature I use most on the Audi assistance pack is speed sign recognition. Love this feature and keeps me in check when I venture into unknown territories 👍
It even picks up on 40kph construction zones. Signs that have been left on the road pavement.

subbi
17-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Yes they do, but no heads up.

Oh perfect. Can hardly wait :)

subbi
17-06-2017, 09:25 AM
It works okay. Our roads aren't the best so it often doesn't recognize the lane markers.
When crossing over lanes without using the turn signal, the steering vibrates and softly tries to correct it for you but it's not intrusive. No bouncing from one side to the other.

The radar cruise control comes to a stop if the car stops in front and then takes off again once it gets clearance. This is automated, I don't have to hit resume etc..

The one feature I use most on the Audi assistance pack is speed sign recognition. Love this feature and keeps me in check when I venture into unknown territories [emoji106]
It even picks up on 40kph construction zones. Signs that have been left on the road pavement.

Wasn't traffic sign recognition a part of the 2017 build?

Seanix
17-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Yup, I coded mine through obd👍

sharp
17-06-2017, 06:47 PM

My MY17 162TSI already does this with ACC. I would have thought you wouldn't need to press the resume button with TJA???

Eyes24
17-06-2017, 07:05 PM
My MY17 162TSI already does this with ACC. I would have thought you wouldn't need to press the resume button with TJA???

But your my17 won't steer and follow the car in front.

sharp
17-06-2017, 08:03 PM
But your my17 won't steer and follow the car in front.Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt follows in terms of its speed but won't steer if I'm driving less than 65km/hr. Will TJA steer the car at low speeds (and without the help of road lines)?

Eyes24
17-06-2017, 08:07 PM
It follows in terms of its speed but won't steer if I'm driving less than 65km/hr. Will TJA steer the car without looking at the road lines?

Not sure, but l think it follows the car or maybe uses the line on road too. TJA has to be under 65km

ewok666
19-06-2017, 08:59 AM
The current Q5 looks dated. It's interior is the same as my A4. So it felt like driving a jacked up slower A4.. lol
The SQ5 on the other hand is fast but again the interior hasn't changed in like 8 years.

Are you talking about the new Q5 that has just come out or the old one?

Seanix
19-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Are you talking about the new Q5 that has just come out or the old one?
MY16. When I was testing the waters back in March, the new Q5 hadn't released yet.
Is the new one out yet?

ewok666
19-06-2017, 09:15 AM
MY16. When I was testing the waters back in March, the new Q5 hadn't released yet.
Is the new one out yet?

Yes, I saw it at a dealer the other day, does look newer and nicer and not hugely different and still $20k more than the tiguan for the same features.

bendor
19-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Is the new one out yet?

Yup, you can order one and view it at a dealer as I believe each dealer was given a demo, but I heard delivery won't be until Q1 18.

I looked at them online and yes they are a step up from a fully loaded Tig but not the $20k extra step up. Still happy with waiting for my R-Line :)

jrgti
23-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Just watched a couple of videos of the Tiguan MY18 that will be released for the American market. Both videos mentioned that it will come with an 8 speed transmission. In both videos I noticed that the centre console cup holders look different. Other than that there wasn't much else I took notice.

bestyjny
24-06-2017, 04:36 AM
First Tiguan MY18 was delivered to one of Polish customers I know from our local discussion board.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/wqwlzk-2.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/10netuf-3.jpg

Pzero
26-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Got this from official Volkswagen Australia. How can it be true?

Hi, apologies for not calling you today. I can confirm that orders can not be taken for the Tiguan MY18. The MY18 will be released later on this year, however we are yet to have any confirmed dates. Thanks, xxx@Volkswagen

Eyes24
26-06-2017, 07:32 PM

Hi, apologies for not calling you today. I can confirm that orders can not be taken for the Tiguan MY18. The MY18 will be released later on this year, however we are yet to have any confirmed dates. Thanks, xxx@Volkswagen

That's bull****!

essy670
27-06-2017, 03:38 PM

Hey Pzero,

That sucks balls... From memory you didn't order an r-line tiggy, correct? That could have something to do with it, maybe they have your slot allocated and/or ready. Thats why you are getting ours earlier than some of us. Eyes 24 and myself include (I'm sure there's a few more of us) have ordered my18's but I made sure they put it on the contact.

Pzero
27-06-2017, 03:48 PM
So I dug further and spoke to another person at VWA.
They've now confirmed my order is an MY18.
I think because it's not public info yet - there's conflicting messages going out unfortunately. Maybe when the 1st MY18 lands in Australia, they might be more open and consistent about the info in regards to the MY18 model. :facepalm:

Anyway, that was a huge relief! :banana:

P.S. - My delivery is early November.

Hey Pzero,

That sucks balls... From memory you didn't order an r-line tiggy, correct? That could have something to do with it, maybe they have your slot allocated and/or ready. Thats why you are getting ours earlier than some of us. Eyes 24 and myself include (I'm sure there's a few more of us) have ordered my18's but I made sure they put it on the contact.

Cobwebs
27-06-2017, 03:58 PM

Dealers need to/want to sell existing MY17 stock before selling MY18 otherwise they will lose money. Their MY17 stock would be 1 year old and have to be sold at reduced prices if everyone was ordering MY18.

But if you want a vehicle which cannot be sourced from another dealer then they will have to order it. And that vehicle will be MY18 because the factory is only manufacturing MY18.

If the dealer doesn't want to place the order then tell them you will buy the wanted vehicle, or another vehicle, elsewhere, and that they have lost a sale.

Brum_brum
27-06-2017, 07:10 PM
I'm one of many I imagine that are waiting for the my18. I signed the contract a few weeks ago for a white my18 rline. I've been following this thread for a while, anyone heard of a engine update?

subbi
27-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Dealers need to/want to sell existing MY17 stock before selling MY18 otherwise they will lose money. Their MY17 stock would be 1 year old and have to be sold at reduced prices if everyone was ordering MY18.

But if you want a vehicle which cannot be sourced from another dealer then they will have to order it. And that vehicle will be MY18 because the factory is only manufacturing MY18.

If the dealer doesn't want to place the order then tell them you will buy the wanted vehicle, or another vehicle, elsewhere, and that they have lost a sale.

Understand this, but i would be concerned if I do not know the changes in MY18 compared to MY17 (no officially published yet by VAG) and am putting in the order blind. Would dealers know the specs and then refuse to divulge details based on the spec being "unofficial" . I can walk away from the sale, but then the customer is being hit by information asymmetry.

Eyes24
27-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Understand this, but i would be concerned if I do not know the changes in MY18 compared to MY17 (no officially published yet by VAG) and am putting in the order blind. Would dealers know the specs and then refuse to divulge details based on the spec being "unofficial" . I can walk away from the sale, but then the customer is being hit by information asymmetry.

I have posted the change in My18 updates thread.
Go back in this thread.

Pzero
27-06-2017, 08:08 PM
But I guess buyers on this forum are less than 1% of total buyers. So ideally dealers should be sharing that information on my18. Seems some do, others don't. And also VWA/VAG whatever they're called are also being secretive.

subbi
27-06-2017, 08:49 PM
I have posted the change in My18 updates thread.
Go back in this thread.

i have seen those and they are indeed exciting, but dealers are under no obligation to convey the same to us while buying. that is what I was getting to. It seems very dicey when VAG does not officially publish MY18 specs, dealers do not give out exact details and the test drive will be on a vehicle that is 95% MY17.
I will give the dealership near me a call and see how they react.

Vwvw1212
28-06-2017, 08:00 AM
i have seen those and they are indeed exciting, but dealers are under no obligation to convey the same to us while buying. that is what I was getting to. It seems very dicey when VAG does not officially publish MY18 specs, dealers do not give out exact details and the test drive will be on a vehicle that is 95% MY17.
I will give the dealership near me a call and see how they react.
I wouldn't worry too much about my18 specs. I think the nav unit will be the new one and a couple of new additions to dap will be it. However headlight washers, maybe chrome and others things have been dropped. Regardless these are all minor things and is still the basic same car as you mention 95%.

I am getting a my17 being delivered in 4 weeks. Had the choice to swap to my18 but with delivery in October or so. Didn't take it as October means nothing in VW world! 1-2 months delay from what dealers are saying is reasonable especially if you have rline dap and worse with all 3 packs.

VW are terrible with delivery times so I would push on this rather than the differences in my18. Getting a car after Christmas with all the delays is worse as you will have a 2017 my18 in 2018 which is technically '1 year old'. I know from experience working at a luxury car dealer wholesalers usually value cars based on build date come trade in time. Unless you can get a 2018 build my18 model early next year that would really be the best! I guess we need to be lucky to get one of these given Oz is not on VW priority list like some other countries hence the crazy delays.

Pzero
28-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Unless you're planning to sell in under 4 years, the build year won't matter.
Also if you're looking for actual build date in 2018 then considering shipping and other things you won't get the car until march or later...

subbi
28-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Thanks Vwvw1212 & Pzero. I will enquire and see how it goes. :)

subbi
28-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Thanks Vwvw1212 & Pzero. I will enquire and see how it goes. :)

Update:
Called the dealership and asked specifically that I want the MY18 stock. of course there is none at the moment and was being sold the MY17 - reason - there are no changes in My18 and MY17. And the 162TSI with DAP is not going to be available for delivery till December !. I am going in anyway to check it out.
But just as expected, the dealership did not have any idea about changes to MY 18 compared to 17. They are very confident, there are "absolutely no changes" whatsoever.

Cobwebs
28-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Update:
They are very confident, there are "absolutely no changes" whatsoever.

They still want to sell remaining MY17. There a photographs available which show there are differences. The factory will not be using different components, etc, for Australia compared with European models e.g. centre media screen, lack of headlight washers.

My suggestion - wait a couple of months (Sept!!) and then do your inquiries. Some MY18 will have landed in Australia and details will have to be published.

popeye
28-06-2017, 06:28 PM
If you have ordered the car after the end of May and they placed an order for you with the factory you will be getting an MY18 build.
If they have one in stock for you then it is possible depending on model to get an MY17.
Given the time frames people have to wait for their cars i would say they don't have a clue what they are on about.

TheTig
28-06-2017, 06:36 PM
If you have ordered the car after the end of May and they placed an order for you with the factory you will be getting an MY18 build.
If they have one in stock for you then it is possible depending on model to get an MY17.
Given the time frames people have to wait for their cars i would say they don't have a clue what they are on about.

Exactly what Popeye said, unless they have it in stock or it's on the water to Australia it'll be an MY18. The change over to MY18 builds at the factory was weeks ago now, week 22 from memory and we're now week 26, so if it's not built yet it has to be MY18.

bestyjny
28-06-2017, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about my18 specs. I think the nav unit will be the new one and a couple of new additions to dap will be it. However headlight washers, maybe chrome and others things have been dropped. Regardless these are all minor things and is still the basic same car as you mention 95%.

Few posts above I placed two photos of MY18 Tiguan. No headlight washers, new nav and few other detail changes like chromes.

I am getting a my17 being delivered in 4 weeks. Had the choice to swap to my18 but with delivery in October or so. Didn't take it as October means nothing in VW world! 1-2 months delay from what dealers are saying is reasonable especially if you have rline dap and worse with all 3 packs.

Mentioned car was ordered March 8th and delivered to dealer June 22nd.

I'll post other details/photos when owner will share with community.

Vwvw1212
28-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Few posts above I placed two photos of MY18 Tiguan. No headlight washers, new nav and few other detail changes like chromes.

Mentioned car was ordered March 8th and delivered to dealer June 22nd.

I'll post other details/photos when owner will share with community.
Nice look forward to the photos

bestyjny
28-06-2017, 08:38 PM
It's worth to mention again, above car was delivered to Poland.

So as was mentioned, if your car was not produced yet, it will be MY18. In Poland dealers not inform their clients about change, not even on already made orders - so clients will get new model no matter they want it or not, and some of them are trying to push dealers about MY17 because of headlight washers for example.

Rooboy
29-06-2017, 09:43 PM
My Yeti lease is up soon and I'm looking at a new Tiggy 110tdi Comfortline with both DAP and Luxury packages. I was hoping the lighting would have been upgraded for MY18 as forking over that much and still only getting basic halogens is very disappointing, especially when a poverty pack CX-5 has LED headlights.

Cobwebs
29-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Rooboy, you might also want to consider a 140TDI+DAP which is only $2000 more than the 110TDI+DAP+LP. Its very easy to spend your money :)

Rooboy
30-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Rooboy, you might also want to consider a 140TDI+DAP which is only $2000 more than the 110TDI+DAP+LP. Its very easy to spend your money :)

You're right, it is very easy to spend money with them - I'd also want the sunroof which makes it $4k more and is just starting to stretch it a bit too much.

subbi
02-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Update: did a test drive yesterday. Glad to report MY18 has adaptive lane guidance, traffic jam assist - confirmed by the literature in the showroom. So probably going to book that. The bummer- no delivery before Dec 2017!!!

Pzero
02-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Sounds great. What specs and price did you get?

Cobwebs
02-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Update: did a test drive yesterday. Glad to report MY18 has adaptive lane guidance, traffic jam assist - confirmed by the literature in the showroom. So probably going to book that. The bummer- no delivery before Dec 2017!!!

Is the literature public? And were you able to get a copy?

subbi
02-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Is the literature public? And were you able to get a copy?

Nope, lit does not seem public. The showroom gave me a hard copy to read ,but not to keep. Very particular about it. The prod for Tiguan MY2018 is confirmed Week 22 / 2017 as per the hard copy. But did. There is pedestrian recognition, emergency assist too . So looks like an absolutely compelling package to me. The delivery date is the bummer, will different dealerships have different dates of delivery or am I out of luck in Australia ?

subbi
02-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Sounds great. What specs and price did you get?

Looking around to see if other dealerships can offer a better delivery date. The dealership I talked to said the 162TSI are the hotselling ones and VW is just not able to cope up with demand.

Pzero
02-07-2017, 07:19 PM
They're right and the time frame sounds right too.

Vwvw1212
02-07-2017, 08:13 PM
I would suggest if you can rather than getting a 2017 my18, see if you can specify you want a 2018 my18 something like a January or February build with delivery in around March/April given current delivery times. You will be one of the first to get this model in Oz.

Otherwise worst case scenario try negotiate on a 2017 my18 162tsi especially if you are getting it delivered end of the year/early next year. Anything in $56-57k range with all 3 packs (if you want dap, rline, sunroof), metallic plus a couple of additions ie: boot tray, weathershields, euro plates etc is a winner. If you can get a lower price then better as this car will be '1 year old' come Jan 2018.

bestyjny
02-07-2017, 10:40 PM
There is no chance to get MY17 when not ordered yet. Of course if not taken from curently available on local dealer stock - or curently in delivery.

subbi
03-07-2017, 05:01 AM
I would suggest if you can rather than getting a 2017 my18, see if you can specify you want a 2018 my18 something like a January or February build with delivery in around March/April given current delivery times. You will be one of the first to get this model in Oz.

Otherwise worst case scenario try negotiate on a 2017 my18 162tsi especially if you are getting it delivered end of the year/early next year. Anything in $56-57k range with all 3 packs (if you want dap, rline, sunroof), metallic plus a couple of additions ie: boot tray, weathershields, euro plates etc is a winner. If you can get a lower price then better as this car will be '1 year old' come Jan 2018.

Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure I understand the 1 yr old bit though. The production of my18 is from week 22 2017,meaning - may end 2017. Wouldn't delivery in 2017 Dec make it 6 months old, rather than 1 yr? Or is it just the number?
I will try to negotiate a price on this, given delivery is so far away.

Vwvw1212
03-07-2017, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure I understand the 1 yr old bit though. The production of my18 is from week 22 2017,meaning - may end 2017. Wouldn't delivery in 2017 Dec make it 6 months old, rather than 1 yr? Or is it just the number?
I will try to negotiate a price on this, given delivery is so far away.

For future resale value build year is most important ie: 2017 or 2018. Month doesn't make too much difference. In general regarding all cars, that is why we see heavy promos come October/November to early the following year as dealers want to get rid of stock ie: get rid of 2017 build date stock as 2018 is arriving.

All the best with the purchase. It is a great car!

Vwvw1212
03-07-2017, 06:08 AM
There is no chance to get MY17 when not ordered yet. Or course if not taken from curently available on local dealer stock - on in delivery.
That's true. You can see some my17 stock 162tsi with rline pop up on carsales now.

AussiePopeye
03-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Hi all, I've seen pictures in this thread of the new MY18 vehicles that have been delivered in Netherlands and Poland with the new Discover Media head unit. Any chance of getting a photo of the MIB unit in the glove box to see what it looks like compared to the version Audi and Skoda vehicles?

I'm going through the process of ordering a MY18 Tiguan at the moment and trying to find out why VW Australia don't offer DAB as an option when Audi and Skoda do. All my research so far says that the DAB+ standard we use is compatible with the unit and UK VW have had DAB capable units fitted as standard since 2014 (VW first mainstream brand to go all digital radio - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/volkswagen/10881112/VW-first-mainstream-brand-to-go-all-digital-radio.html)).

Also, and realise I'm pushing my luck here, but if anyone has had a play around and removed their MIB unit to have a look it would be great to get the part number off of it and a photo of the back of the unit.

Thanks in advance.

paros_fan
13-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Hi all,

New here and just moved to Sydney from London.
Currently looking to purchase a Tiguan but now I've read the MY18 will be out shortly, I have a dilemma. If I order a MY18 its going to be 6 months apparently until it gets here.
Does anyone think or know of a dealer that might already have an un-allocated Tiguan en route for an earlier delivery?
Wishful thinking I know, but thoughts I'd ask :)

Looking at the White 132TSI Comfortline with Luxury pack and Drivers assistance pack.

Cheers

Ozsko
14-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Ok everyone, he is the updated spec's for my18 Tiguan.

Manoeuvre braking, rear (all models)
Pedestrian recognition (all models)
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Emergency Assist
17" Tulsa alloy wheel (Comfortline) is changing from a single 'star' cover to individual wheel bolt covers
Rear seat air vents receive a gloss black border, replacing chrome
Front head restraints are now height adjusted by pushing a button
LED headlight cleaning system has been discontinued from Highline models
Front fog light surrounding trim is changing from chrome to black
Roof rail mounts will receive a matte black finish instead of silver
High mounted rear brake light will receive a black frame
Internal headlight range/height adjustment dial has been replaced by a selection in the infotainment ‘car’ menu
New generation MIB infotainment systems – 8” Composition Media, 8” Discover Media and 9.2” Discover Pro
Media Control

I have just got off the phone from VWA after a fairly robust conversation as the politicians are fond of saying and they deny the new cars will have TJA fitted in this country due to ADR problems. Before I take this any further I need some hard evidence that TJA will be activated in this country. Can anyone provide that evidence?

gorey
14-07-2017, 04:50 PM
That sucks if that's true. I believe Eyes24 got that information from VW. He might know more unless this is something that has recently changed

Cobwebs
14-07-2017, 04:53 PM
I have just got off the phone from VWA after a fairly robust conversation as the politicians are fond of saying and they deny the new cars will have TJA fitted in this country due to ADR problems. Before I take this any further I need some hard evidence that TJA will be activated in this country. Can anyone provide that evidence?

From information I have seen, TJA was listed for MY18. BUT, it also said that the information should be used as a guide only. VWA have not officially listed the MY18 changes. Hence they cannot be expected to meet any list which we the public may have been able to read/obtain. MY18 will possibly start appearing in showrooms in a months time at which point VWA will have to give an official list of changes.

Ozsko
14-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Never say never, The excuse on the phone was that the ADR's do not allow it to be fitted which I knew to be a load of BS but they persisted with the line even after I pointed out that Skoda and Audi both had it. They then told me that there is no way that either had it fitted and I was wrong in all respects. We ended the conversation there and I have since found brochures listing TJA in both brands and sent them to VW showing them that the reason is a load of BS. This has got legs and we are nowhere near ending the conversation, they only think they are. VW New Zealand according to a poster on The British Tiguan forum are investigating what is what and looking at this problem.

Eyes24
14-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Skoda has it too , l test drove a superb, with it.

popeye
14-07-2017, 05:51 PM
For what matters Toyota has it as well .I know my current drive which is an 86 has it and updates constantly.
ADR is for all imports or locally manufactured not just some, so i think they are just full of it.

entice
16-07-2017, 09:03 AM
If you specify a 2018 Build Vehicle you may indeed be ordering a MY18.5....
Back when I was looking in March there was up to a 12 mth wait on 162 fully optioned.
Turns out I could have a sept build if I wanted it. this would mean a 17 build MY18 delivered in Nov/Dec.
I decided to specify a 18 Build car... Expected March/april

bestyjny
17-07-2017, 09:31 AM
In Poland, Deep Black, Highline 1.4 TSI 110kW DSG6 with sunroof, no r-line and nothing else special, ordered 31/05, confirmed production on 34 week.

spacemannz
18-07-2017, 08:51 PM
I see the UK VW site has a brochure dated 4 July, with the new 'all glass' infotainment screen pictured. Also looks like the chrome trim is gone from the air vents.
Download a brochure (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/pdf/brochures/tiguan-nf-brochure.pdf)

TIG162R
21-07-2017, 01:58 PM
I emailed my VW dealer in Sydney asking what the differences are between the MY17 & MY18 and this was the reply:
Major
- manoeuvre braking
- pedestrian recognition
- Driver Assistance now includes - traffic jam assist, emergency assist, lane assist with adaptive guidance
-Infotainment
You get the new 9.2" Discover Pro
. Gesture and voice control
. DVD
. 10GB storage
. media control ** download app
. map care
. app connect
.jpeg image viewer

Minor
No LED headlight cleaning system
Fog light surrounding trim going black
Roof rail mount become black
Head restraint front now height adjusted by button.

FirstTimeDubber
21-07-2017, 02:01 PM
How long do you get the Mapcare updates for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozsko
21-07-2017, 02:35 PM
The dealers are quoting from a VWA doc that has the word PROPOSED as part of that doc. VW have not yet committed to any of it in hard words though it would seem unlikely that it would be any different to what you have been told. The first vehicles have already been produced??? If that is the case then the spec must be locked in.

Pzero
21-07-2017, 08:55 PM
First video I've seen of my18. European model though.
Volkswagen Tiguan Highline 2017 - 2018 Titanium Beige 4 motion Leder en LED plus - YouTube (https://youtu.be/okNKOLnhADA)

Notice the fog lights, roof bar mounts, and entertainment unit are different to my17.

Ozsko
21-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Nothing there that wasn't known.

Pzero
21-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Not new information but thought some might want to view in video.

Coxie
22-07-2017, 08:29 AM
How long do you get the Mapcare updates for?

Unsure, but i found this link in my travels and it looks like we can download updates whenever we like.
GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com (http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqAPAC-Site/en_AU/-/EUR)

Brum_brum
22-07-2017, 09:08 AM
I emailed my VW dealer in Sydney asking what the differences are between the MY17 & MY18 and this was the reply:
Major
- manoeuvre braking
- pedestrian recognition
- Driver Assistance now includes - traffic jam assist, emergency assist, lane assist with adaptive guidance
-Infotainment
You get the new 9.2" Discover Pro
. Gesture and voice control
. DVD
. 10GB storage
. media control ** download app
. map care
. app connect
.jpeg image viewer

Minor
No LED headlight cleaning system
Fog light surrounding trim going black
Roof rail mount become black
Head restraint front now height adjusted by button.
I'm assuming the 9.2" discover pro is for the highline only?

Brum_brum
22-07-2017, 09:11 AM
First I've heard of the ’Race’ cloth with ‘San Remo’ microfibre Dark Magnetic Grey OV seats in the rline. I wonder if they're are coming as standard to rline in Aus

TIG162R
24-07-2017, 08:01 AM
I'm assuming the 9.2" discover pro is for the highline only?

Not sure if its standard for Highline only, but would assume it would be & an option for the others.
Additionally I asked the dealer if the manoeuvre, pedestrian & updated Driver Assistance could be programmed on the MY17 & he said no because the MY18 uses different/more cameras - he didnt get into it too much & not sure how true it is & if he know what he is really talking about...

TIG162R
24-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Unsure, but i found this link in my travels and it looks like we can download updates whenever we like.
GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com (http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqAPAC-Site/en_AU/-/EUR)

This seems to be US maps only :(

Coxie
24-07-2017, 10:49 AM
This seems to be US maps only :(

Definitely Aussie maps, I pulled the 21Gb download and Australia is there as a folder. Once my car is in my hands I'll try the update.

Coxie
24-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Definitely Aussie maps, I pulled the 21Gb download and Australia is there as a folder. Once my car is in my hands I'll try the update.

Try this link, Update your GPS with New Maps - HERE Maps (NAVTEQ) (http://mapupdate.navigation.com/landing/?utm_source=here.com) and click on APAC :)

TIG162R
24-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Try this link, Update your GPS with New Maps - HERE Maps (NAVTEQ) (http://mapupdate.navigation.com/landing/?utm_source=here.com) and click on APAC :)

Nice one, thanks Coxie

smeg
24-07-2017, 01:53 PM
I'd love to be able to get this in Australia...

2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV To Feature Fender(R) Premium Audio System Powered By Panasonic (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2018-volkswagen-tiguan-suv-to-feature-fender-premium-audio-system-powered-by-panasonic-300475702.html)

Diver3284
24-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Had dinner with a Vic dealer principal and his sales manager over the weekend. They said they are not taking new orders for Highline's at the moment because the waiting list is already out to almost 18 months. They just can't get cars because of the models popularity. I have a my16 Highline delivered in February 17 with only 6k on the odo and they offered to buy it back at the same price they sold it to me for.

Eyes24
24-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Had dinner with a Vic dealer principal and his sales manager over the weekend. They said they are not taking new orders for Highline's at the moment because the waiting list is already out to almost 18 months. They just can't get cars because of the models popularity. I have a my16 Highline delivered in February 17 with only 6k on the odo and they offered to buy it back at the same price they sold it to me for.

I just heard there's a lot of people who have ordered 162 Tiguan's from ------- in Mel, and they can't get the cars. Anyone on this forum?

Ozsko
24-07-2017, 03:51 PM

I wonder of they want mine, same delivery and it has less K's on it than yours. I must admit the Tiguan does not exactly ring my bells which is a bit disappointing TBH. There is nothing wrong with it as a car but I would rather be driving something else.

Seanix
24-07-2017, 05:05 PM
I just heard there's a lot of people who have ordered 162 Tiguan's from ------- in Mel, and they can't get the cars. Anyone on this forum?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGot a call from my dealer last week starting delays in production. I ordered the rline burger with the lot back in March this year. Was initially advised of a Oct delivery which is now looking at Feb next year apparently.
Hope they aren't passing my car on to others at a premium. I have seen the rlines being listed above the retail price. Just crazy demand by the sounds of it.

gorey
24-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Damn, mine is supposed to be built in about 3 weeks time. Can't help but think I am going to get a similar call. I don't see why some dealers would be reporting delays but not others as the cars all come from the same place.

Eyes24
24-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Damn, mine is supposed to be built in about 3 weeks time. Can't help but think I am going to get a similar call. I don't see why some dealers would be reporting delays but not others as the cars all come from the same place.

I've been told its about allocation. Lucky we got our cars from big dealerships.

Motty21
24-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Hi All, first time poster but having been reading this forum for a few weeks now. Ordered my Tiguan fully stacked at the end of March via a fleet company who have so far not given me any info at all and had me sign an agreement confirming the car as a MY17 model. They did at the time tell me which dealer they had placed the order with luckily so I decided to pay them a visit over the weekend to see if they could give me details of my order. They confirmed that my car has yet to receive a build date but will be a MY18 model which I'm happy about. They also confirmed all the additions that others have confirmed already in this thread. what was interesting though was that they have actually ordered two identical cars in my name with the factory. Apparently VW won't accept car build requests for cars that have not yet been sold so they are using existing clients names to buy extra Tiguans. Though I have no issues with this at all, it does lead me to think that dealers could have spare cars available for buyers who are keen to order now and expect deliver around Dec/Jan.

subbi
24-07-2017, 08:06 PM
Hi All, first time poster but having been reading this forum for a few weeks now. Ordered my Tiguan fully stacked at the end of March via a fleet company who have so far not given me any info at all and had me sign an agreement confirming the car as a MY17 model. They did at the time tell me which dealer they had placed the order with luckily so I decided to pay them a visit over the weekend to see if they could give me details of my order. They confirmed that my car has yet to receive a build date but will be a MY18 model which I'm happy about. They also confirmed all the additions that others have confirmed already in this thread. what was interesting though was that they have actually ordered two identical cars in my name with the factory. Apparently VW won't accept car build requests for cars that have not yet been sold so they are using existing clients names to buy extra Tiguans. Though I have no issues with this at all, it does lead me to think that dealers could have spare cars available for buyers who are keen to order now and expect deliver around Dec/Jan.

Hi, I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, specifically asked for and booked MY18 162 TSI, DAP + R Line . No calls yet, but the way things are going, I am not expecting much before April or even June 2018!!. Crazy. Just too long a wait :(

MiiLos
25-07-2017, 12:07 PM
The wait is well and truly ridiculous! I have friends that have received fully decked out AMG's sooner than our Tiguans!!

I placed my order early February, with then advised August delivery (6 months). I have since been told delays in VW manufacturing has pushed the delivery to October. Whilst I've been told it will now be MY18 it has not yet received a build date let alone left Germany!

subbi
25-07-2017, 12:15 PM
The wait is well and truly ridiculous! I have friends that have received fully decked out AMG's sooner than our Tiguans!!

I placed my order early February, with then advised August delivery (6 months). I have since been told delays in VW manufacturing has pushed the delivery to October. Whilst I've been told it will now be MY18 it has not yet received a build date let alone left Germany!

:O Wow.. So they sat on your order for 5 months without any activity.. Gives me no hope with my order now. VW better step up before customers step out!!

MiiLos
25-07-2017, 12:24 PM
:O Wow.. So they sat on your order for 5 months without any activity.. Gives me no hope with my order now. VW better step up before customers step out!!

I can't say the dealership has sat on it. I've been in communication with them roughly once a month. Back in June I was informed of the delay to October - albeit it was as a result of me asking for updates.

Ozsko
25-07-2017, 12:31 PM

You seriously think the dealer did not place the order or VWA did not schedule the vehicle production for 5 months? The problem is world wide so obviously a production capacity problem somewhere in the supply chain. Polo were out to about 12 months at one stage and I have never waited less than 6 months for any VW car if it is not in stock in Oz. The only orders that were sat on by dealers would have been the very first ones put in before dealers were allowed to place orders and quite a few here were in that boat knowingly. Some people placed orders 6 months before VWA started taking them.

MiiLos
25-07-2017, 12:40 PM
You seriously think the dealer did not place the order or VWA did not schedule the vehicle production for 5 months? The problem is world wide so obviously a production capacity problem somewhere in the supply chain. Polo were out to about 12 months at one stage and I have never waited less than 6 months for any VW car if it is not in stock in Oz. The only orders that were sat on by dealers would have been the very first ones put in before dealers were allowed to place orders and quite a few here were in that boat knowingly. Some people placed orders 6 months before VWA started taking them.

I agree with the dealer comment - no fault of their own. It's the manufacturing where the issues are. Having said that I waited 4.5 months for my GTI back in 2011. With the options I picked it had to be a new build and they turned it around very fast considering what today's lead times are.

subbi
25-07-2017, 01:40 PM

Just to be clear, I did not say dealership, but rather VW, which is really at the prod/assembly line. The dealership is not at fault obviously since they are only point of sale, but this backlog is frustrating. That is solely VW ..not dealership.

Ozsko
25-07-2017, 02:27 PM
It is very long but VW have always had long lead times as they custom build cars for the customer. The other manufacturers do not do that, they load everything into the cars and call it done so this means they can stock the vehicle locally and the only accessories are bolt on like canopies for utes etc. VW have dropped the ball on this one, nothing surer.

pazu
04-08-2017, 08:32 PM
MY18's are definitely in country - picked our loaded R-Line up today - very happy, especially with the Discover Pro :)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/20525206_10154869719303575_6132319007047-1.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/bkmuvxr-1.jpg

Pzero
04-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Awesome! Exciting.

TheTig
05-08-2017, 12:00 AM
MY18's are definitely in country - picked our loaded R-Line up today - very happy, especially with the Discover Pro :)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/20525206_10154869719303575_6132319007047-1.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/bkmuvxr-1.jpg

Congrats, keen to know if the MY18's received these features?

- Traffic Jam Assist
- Emergency Assist

Brum_brum
05-08-2017, 07:42 AM

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/20525206_10154869719303575_6132319007047-1.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/bkmuvxr-1.jpgLooks great. Are seats the same as my17?

pazu
05-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Congrats, keen to know if the MY18's received these features?

- Traffic Jam Assist
- Emergency Assist

Definitely yes to the emergency assist (already kicked in once so it works!) and lane assist, dealer said it had traffic jam assist as well, need to read up on how to use it though, but it should have it.

pazu
05-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Looks great. Are seats the same as my17?

yeah I think they are, pic below - sorry about photo quality, bad spot to take photo with the sun!

Brum_brum
05-08-2017, 01:00 PM
yeah I think they are, pic below - sorry about photo quality, bad spot to take photo with the sun!

29998Thanks mate. The attachment did come through?

tigger73
05-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Take 2... pazu's front seats from his MY18 R-line.

I believe these are unchanged as there was no mention of these being updated.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170805/693212a490147b855e80c5b6e69cc6c6.jpg

Mr Spitfire
05-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Can I ask what the going price is for a MY18 162 RLine in white with DAP and sunroof?

Eyes24
05-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Can I ask what the going price is for a MY18 162 RLine in white with DAP and sunroof?

I have read on here, people paying from $55000-63000 for fully loaded rline.
55k more likely earlier on and would also be my17 , and with corporate discount. Now demand is high and waiting time are long , you will pay a bit higher.

subbi
05-08-2017, 08:13 PM
I have read on here, people paying from $55000-63000 for fully loaded rline.
55k more likely earlier on and would also be my17 , and with corporate discount. Now demand is high and waiting time are long , you will pay a bit higher.

Total agreement here. Expect to pay at least 58-59 K for a MY18 R Line with DAP (more if you want sunroof , i think). Anything lower, I am willing to cancel my order :)

fiendish
06-08-2017, 06:13 PM
I know that there has been a lot of discussion already on "Tiguan MY18 release date / updates" however I am hoping now that people are receiving MY18 build Tiguans in Australia this thread could be a discussion on the changes in the MY18 model.

In particular I am interested in a fully optioned 162 Highline (R-Line , DAP, Sunroof, and Tow-Bar) but I am sure we could post the updates on the other models as they come across them.

Known Updates:

162 Highline:
Discover Pro 9.2 - Confirmed
Digital Radio DAB+ - ?

Options:

RLine:

Black leather seats with RLine Logo - Confirmed

DAP:
Emergency Assist - Confirmed
Traffic Jam Assist - ?
Lane Assist with adaptive lane guidance - ?

Sunroof Option:
Sunroof option has a sunroof - Confirmed.

tigger73
06-08-2017, 07:44 PM
This has been detailed before, however the spec changes for MY18 are as follows:

All Tiguan models:

Driver assistance function – Rear manoeuvre braking
Enhanced Front Assist radar system with Pedestrian Recognition

The Driver Assistance package also has the following new features:

Lane Assist with adaptive lane guidance
Traffic Jam Assist
Emergency Assist

Additional changes for MY18:

The 17" Tulsa alloy wheel (Comfortline models) is changing from a single 'star' cover to individual wheel bolt covers
The high mounted rear brake light comes with a black frame
The internal headlight range/height adjustment dial has been replaced by a selection in the infotainment ‘car’ menu
The front fog light surrounding trim (Comfortline and Highline models) is changing from chrome to black
The rear seat air vents receive a gloss black border (previously chrome)
The front head restraints are now height adjusted by pushing a button
New generation MIB infotainment systems – 8” Composition Media, 8” Discover Media and 9.2” Discover Pro*
Media Control has been introduced with Discover Media and Discover Pro satellite navigation systems (Comfortline and Highline models)
The LED headlight cleaning system has been discontinued from Highline models
The roof rail mounts will come with a matte black finish instead of silver

The major changes are the new head unit and some additional safety/driver assist features. Other than that it's a few trims changing from silver to black.

I've also updated the first post so it's easy to find the list of changes later.

veew
08-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Dropped by the dealership today and happened upon a car a/w delivery. Was the MY18 Tiguan 162TSI R-line!
The new MIB infotainment screen is massive! I didn't think I would like it as I prefer physical buttons but the screen is nice and smooth to use.
Zooming in and out of maps is buttery smooth, I suspect the processing power behind the new infotainment system has increased.
Mucked around with the gesture control, don't think I'll ever use it IRL.

MIB 2018 Tiguan - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLLXiCkZeUs)
Tiguan MIB 2 Discovery Pro - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX8b4dhIfoo)

The car also had a tow bar, no cut to the rear bar!
So I optioned a tow bar today.

harry
16-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone!

First offical post, so here goes. Went in to the local VW dealership to have a look at the new 7.5 Golf GTIs, and whilst I was there I got introduced to this MY18 model Tiguan.

Interestingly it was badged Adventure, it had LED headlights (not the dynamic ones on Highline), and had the offroad styling body kit (check the side sills). Also had ergo comfort seats, and while it had the DA pack - couldn't have a go in it to see if it had TJA or Emergency Assist. Can confirm the gloss trims though on the fog lights and so on.

Dealer guy didn't know of any of the updates mentioned, or if he did he wasn't telling me. He just said that the changes he knew of were the different infotainment, wheels, and gloss bits.

Eyes24
16-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Hi there got this txt from my mate who works for Vw dealership today.

All MY18 models have all of the new assistant systems. Confirmed with Volkswagen Australia. Models that are part 17/18 may not have these features available even if they have a button to select for adaptive lane guidance. It needs to have all the new features for traffic jam to work.

I know some of the last My17 of production had Active Lane guidance on them ,but no TJA option.

gorey
16-08-2017, 05:47 PM
What does part 17/18 mean? I thought they would be one or the other?

Eyes24
16-08-2017, 05:51 PM
What does part 17/18 mean? I thought they would be one or the other?

It's the last of the my17 made. The cross over l think.
Anyway my18 has the upgrades

Pzero
16-08-2017, 05:59 PM
This is really interesting. Does that mean there's a new "Adventure" package? Adds roof racks, DAP, etc.
Also the front lights - they're different to the old crappy lights on the non-highline MY17 models, and look way better.
Wonder if the new lights are for the "Adventure" badge only or also for the Comfortline MY18 model.

Hi everyone!

First offical post, so here goes. Went in to the local VW dealership to have a look at the new 7.5 Golf GTIs, and whilst I was there I got introduced to this MY18 model Tiguan.

Interestingly it was badged Adventure, it had LED headlights (not the dynamic ones on Highline), and had the offroad styling body kit (check the side sills). Also had ergo comfort seats, and while it had the DA pack - couldn't have a go in it to see if it had TJA or Emergency Assist. Can confirm the gloss trims though on the fog lights and so on.

Dealer guy didn't know of any of the updates mentioned, or if he did he wasn't telling me. He just said that the changes he knew of were the different infotainment, wheels, and gloss bits.

TheTig
16-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Hi there got this txt from my mate who works for Vw dealership today.

All MY18 models have all of the new assistant systems. Confirmed with Volkswagen Australia. Models that are part 17/18 may not have these features available even if they have a button to select for adaptive lane guidance. It needs to have all the new features for traffic jam to work.

I know some of the last My17 of production had Active Lane guidance on them ,but no TJA option.

Of course they do, VWA are a bunch of clowns, suddenly the road technology improved, overnight it seems and these features are now available......

Eyes24
16-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Of course they do, VWA are a bunch of clowns, suddenly the road technology improved, overnight it seems and these features are now available......

Yours had the Active Lane guidance, right ? But no TJA?

TheTig
16-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Yours had the Active Lane guidance, right ? But no TJA?

unfortunately not, just lane assist

Eyes24
16-08-2017, 06:23 PM
unfortunately not, just lane assist

He told me yours did. Does your ping pong from one side to the other?
Or stays in the middle?

spacemannz
16-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Interesting...
2017 Volkswagen Tiguan 5N MY17 132TSI DSG 4MOTION Comfortline Pure White 7 Speed Sports Automatic Dual Clutch Wagon - Kinghorn Volkswagen, Nowra (http://www.kinghornvolkswagen.com.au/new-vehicles-in-stock-nowra/view/New_Tiguan_132TSI_Adventure_7_Speed_DSG_Special_Mo del/13686579/)

Not a lot of detail but they are here already.
Nothing on VWA website yet.

TheTig
16-08-2017, 06:33 PM
He told me yours did. Does your ping pong from one side to the other?
Or stays in the middle?

It bounces from side to side also in the assistance menu only lane assist is visible, if it had ALG available it'd be visible on the same screen.

Eyes24
16-08-2017, 06:35 PM
It bounces from side to side also in the assistance menu only lane assist is visible, if it had ALG available it'd be visible on the same screen.

Oh ok. Hopefully someone on the forum will be able to code it.

jrgti
16-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Hi everyone!

The adventure pack has always been available in Europe and they get more combination of options , just not in Aus. Front grille allows for higher angle of approach.

bestyjny
16-08-2017, 07:28 PM
The adventure pack has always been available in Europe and they get more combination of options , just not in Aus. Front grille allows for higher angle of approach.

In Europe we had OFF-Road package available from model premiere day - and I have ordered it in march 2016.

Front bumper is ready for wider angle approach and also it has extended engine and suspension cover from bottom side - nothing more in this package, and it cost me ~280 AUD.

harry
16-08-2017, 08:03 PM
This is really interesting. Does that mean there's a new "Adventure" package? Adds roof racks, DAP, etc.
Also the front lights - they're different to the old crappy lights on the non-highline MY17 models, and look way better.
Wonder if the new lights are for the "Adventure" badge only or also for the Comfortline MY18 model.

Not sure, dealer salesperson only knew that it was Tiguan Adventure let alone any features. But I agree with the lights, I think it'll be available for Comfortline - there was a link just posted in this thread with a white one that had the lights - so here's to hoping.

veew
18-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Here is some more info on the new Adventure:
Volkswagen Tiguan Adventure on sale from $43,990 (http://www.caradvice.com.au/576166/volkswagen-tiguan-adventure-on-sale-from-43990/)

Rooboy
18-08-2017, 05:59 PM
That's a really nice package. It addresses the main issues I had with the regular Comfortline - headlights and wheels.

harry
19-08-2017, 12:09 PM
http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/new/details/2017-volkswagen-tiguan-140tdi-highline-5n-auto-4motion-my18/SPOT-ITM-470188

did some digging and found that MY18 specs for Tiguan have just been released on Redbook. Nothing stands out other than:

Collision Mitigation, Reversing > maybe Manoeuvre Assist?
Control, Pedestrian Avoidance with Braking > updated AEB?
Lamps, Cornering Side Indicator Activated > ???
Lane Keeping, Active Assist > Adaptive Lane Guidance??? Bear in mind, Redbook I believe lists Audi's Traffic Jam Assist (say for example, on an Audi S5) as this as well so it could be that...

I think there was more - I tried using their compare tool, and it was difficult to read with so much text. BTW I compared Highline models, but you can see other trim levels too.

sunnynagi
19-08-2017, 08:22 PM
And i compared all of them side by side..

http://beta.redbook.com.au/compare/?ids=SPOT-ITM-470189,SPOT-ITM-452138,SPOT-ITM-470184

BTW my dealer allowed us to change us to adventure with DAP looking forward to it in 2 weeks time.

kacak
19-08-2017, 11:05 PM
That's a really nice package. It addresses the main issues I had with the regular Comfortline - headlights and wheels.
Agreed, if I was to get one today (as opposed to my 132Tsi fully loaded during launch), I would definitely have considered the Adventure. Only slight reservation is no leather :)

FirstTimeDubber
19-08-2017, 11:13 PM
And i compared all of them side by side..

http://beta.redbook.com.au/compare/?ids=SPOT-ITM-470189,SPOT-ITM-452138,SPOT-ITM-470184

BTW my dealer allowed us to change us to adventure with DAP looking forward to it in 2 weeks time.

I have been waiting since Feb for my Tiggy. ETA is now late Nov. If you get your just released variant arrives in 2 weeks time I will be stunned. VW seem to use the "it wont be long now" line as a way of promoting sales. Basically BS !!

entice
20-08-2017, 07:18 PM
I have been waiting since Feb for my Tiggy. ETA is now late Nov. If you get your just released variant arrives in 2 weeks time I will be stunned. VW seem to use the "it wont be long now" line as a way of promoting sales. Basically BS !!

I'm told there's an embargo and shortage of both screens cockpit and dash for the high line due to global demand. Might be the cause for your delay...

sunnynagi
20-08-2017, 07:53 PM
I'm told there's an embargo and shortage of both screens cockpit and dash for the high line due to global demand. Might be the cause for your delay...

That is correct, when we went for a test drive as well we were told up front if you want to order Highline with DAP be prepared to wait for at least 8-9 months.

The new dynaudio pro with gesture screen has made it even worse.

I am planning to upgrade again but it will be when refresh comes out.. then I will be going for top spec.

Eyes24
20-08-2017, 07:55 PM
That is correct, when we went for a test drive as well we were told up front if you want to order Highline with DAP be prepared to wait for at least 8-9 months.

The new dynaudio pro with gesture screen has made it even worse.

I am planning to upgrade again but it will be when refresh comes out.. then I will be going for top spec.

Wait for the Tiguan R or T-ROC

Zachild
20-08-2017, 11:22 PM
I got my new tiguan last week. It is a MY18 diesel highline. It was a nice surprise because I was expecting an MY17. Others must be getting them as well. It's a great drive. The main difference is the Infotainment which is vastly better than our Model 7 Golf. The specs shown here are spot on.

essy670
21-08-2017, 03:42 AM
... The main difference is the Infotainment which is vastly better than our Model 7 Golf. The specs shown here are spot on.

Yeah, I agree, went to my dealer and had it look at it on the new Golf R. Well worth it for that change alone... Enjoy.

TheTig
21-08-2017, 07:49 AM
I got my new tiguan last week. It is a MY18 diesel highline. It was a nice surprise because I was expecting an MY17. Others must be getting them as well. It's a great drive. The main difference is the Infotainment which is vastly better than our Model 7 Golf. The specs shown here are spot on.

Congrats, do you know if Traffic Jam Assist is working, easy way to test is set adaptive cruise control to a speed, come to a complete stop behind another car at the lights, if after 3 secs the car follows the car in front once it starts off again you'll have TJA. If not you'll have to manually restart by pressing the Res button on the steering wheel. When my car, without TJA, comes to a stop behind another a message pops up on the AID, stating ACC ready to start (or something similar). Thinking with TJA enabled you won't see this. Reason I'm keen on this info, been wrestling with VWA on getting this feature enabled on my MY17 and the last comment from them is it won't be happening due to the roads not supporting it. When I queried them on MY18 having it they said no it doesn't. So just looking for further info to plead the MY17 case.

Many thanks!

Zachild
21-08-2017, 07:07 PM
I don't think the traffic jam assist works ... it's all very new ... will check it out and let u know

TheTig
21-08-2017, 08:53 PM
I don't think the traffic jam assist works ... it's all very new ... will check it out and let u know

No sweat at all, still learning stuff myself and I've had mine almost 4 weeks now. Quick question are you in South Africa or South Australia?

GeeMoney
22-08-2017, 03:05 AM
Congrats, do you know if Traffic Jam Assist is working, easy way to test is set adaptive cruise control to a speed, come to a complete stop behind another car at the lights, if after 3 secs the car follows the car in front once it starts off again you'll have TJA. If not you'll have to manually restart by pressing the Res button on the steering wheel. When my car, without TJA, comes to a stop behind another a message pops up on the AID, stating ACC ready to start (or something similar). Thinking with TJA enabled you won't see this. Reason I'm keen on this info, been wrestling with VWA on getting this feature enabled on my MY17 and the last comment from them is it won't be happening due to the roads not supporting it. When I queried them on MY18 having it they said no it doesn't. So just looking for further info to plead the MY17 case.

Many thanks!

From my understanding you always have to push a button on your steering wheel or touch the gass, even with TJA. ( if the stop is longer then 3-5 secs I believe)
If your car actually slows down automatically to a complete stop, this means you have TJA, otherwise an alarm will beep at around 65km/h and you have to manually break to stop the car completely. And to enable ACC again you have to drive at least the 65km/h again. Untill 65 you have to manually press the gass pedal.