PDA

View Full Version : Service Reminder

armthehomeless
18-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Apologies if this has been asked. I feel like it probably has, but a search yielded no results.

This morning, I got a reminder on my MFD saying to do an oil change in 30 days. Today marks 8 months from delivery, so I assume it's set to remind to change the oil at 9 months.

Why is that the case, if the service intervals are 12 months? Seems strange to me. Why wouldn't they make it 6 months or not at all.

Also annoying you have to take it to a dealer to have it done. I could probably do it myself if there was a way to disable the reminder.

team_v
18-12-2014, 10:21 AM
There should be a way to reset the service schedule in the mfd.
I know i can do it in the Tiguan.

It was probably set when the car arrived int eh country rather than when you picked it up as it shouldn't be a 9 month interval, rather it should be a 12 month.

armthehomeless
18-12-2014, 10:25 AM
There should be a way to reset the service schedule in the mfd.
I know i can do it in the Tiguan.

It was probably set when the car arrived int eh country rather than when you picked it up as it shouldn't be a 9 month interval, rather it should be a 12 month.

Yeah, that could be it. I might call the dealer and ask them...that'll be fun :)

armthehomeless
18-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Dealer reckons the same as you TV. They said it'll be fine to leave it til the first service and just to take to them to sync it up with the service intervals.

brad
18-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Apologies if this has been asked. I feel like it probably has, but a search yielded no results.

This morning, I got a reminder on my MFD saying to do an oil change in 30 days. Today marks 8 months from delivery, so I assume it's set to remind to change the oil at 9 months.

Why is that the case, if the service intervals are 12 months? Seems strange to me. Why wouldn't they make it 6 months or not at all.

Also annoying you have to take it to a dealer to have it done. I could probably do it myself if there was a way to disable the reminder.
You haven't said how many km you have done but I assume it's< 15,000km???

You'll find whoever did the PD has stuffed up the oil service interval. The dealer can easily fix / reset this

armthehomeless
18-12-2014, 11:38 AM
I've done 9,300km. Yeah sounds like it. I'll pop in and see them

DV52
18-12-2014, 01:58 PM
I've done 9,300km. Yeah sounds like it. I'll pop in and see them

armthehomless: My Golf did the same thing at about the same time as yours (9 months after purchase). Rather than making a trip to the stealer, and because I had to visit the stealer in another 3 months time, I simply reset the message using the 0.0 button on the instrument cluster. All the dates got reset to their correct settings when the stealer did the service.

My theory (totally without any evidence) is that the date that was set in the car was the date when the car originally left the factory. It was probably supposed to be reset by the stealer as part of the delivery process, but clearly in both our cases this wasn't done (sloppy delivery check by the stealer).

frogg
22-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Same with my MK7 GTI.... It started complaining around 8 months after I got it, with about 12,000 on it. Dealer said the same thing..... The reminder was set to 12 months at factory/when it originally got to the dealer, rather than when it was sold.

I just ignore it for 3000km and then dropped it it fir the regular service. [emoji3]

adhock
22-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Same as all them^^. Started annoying me at 9000km and 8 months. Dealer said Whoops and reset it, after I failed to be able to reset it via the Odometer button as laid out in the manual. It was totally reset, so the 15000 / 12 month trigger presently doesn't exist. 3 minute while you wait drop-in visit.

NCGR1
25-12-2014, 08:57 AM
I am very confident that the OM will instruct how to reset this. All it takes is reading it......

LiFers
04-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Heya Folk,

I've Googled for hrs, I've already read the Manual, and neither of those options work. How do you reset the Oil Change Now! notification in a Golf R? There is no ignition to turn a key in (which the process in the manual requires) and pressing Start to go to Acc, or Running while holding 0.0 does give me a notification about the service, but doesn't seem to let me reset it.

LiFers
10-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Anyone... Please?

Harrydhillon
10-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Isn't there something in the car's trip computer ?

LiFers
10-09-2015, 10:37 PM
Not that I can see, it just states Oil Change Now and the km. Some combinations of holding down 0.0 from off, from accessories, or from start and/or simultaneously pressing the start button do offer a "Service Now" screen that's different from the main one, but no combination of buttons I've experimented with get it to reset.

kevvie
13-05-2016, 11:40 PM
My Golf R is 6 months old, done <5000k's and the "service due" message is coming up. What's the normal duration?

Idle
14-05-2016, 11:56 AM
12 months — it probably got set at the factory or somewhere in the delivery chain.

I think you'll find the reset procedure in the manual, otherwise get the dealer to do it for you.

Umai Naa!!
14-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Interval is 12 months or 15,000kms.

I'd pop into the service department and get them to take a look at it. The dash cluster is probably programmed with the wrong intervals. Not a big deal, takes about 5 mins to sort out.

stevec4206
13-01-2017, 09:59 AM
Hi Guys,
Recently did an oil and filter change on my TDI Highline.
I know there is already a thread on this, has anyone had any luck resetting their service now reminder?
I tried to do it manually with no luck, would a normal mechanic have the software to be able to do it? a VW dealership told me I have to get it serviced at the dealership for them to remove it (no wonder they have a bad reputation)

Cheers
Steve

DV52
13-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Hi Guys,
Recently did an oil and filter change on my TDI Highline.
I know there is already a thread on this, has anyone had any luck resetting their service now reminder?
I tried to do it manually with no luck, would a normal mechanic have the software to be able to do it? a VW dealership told me I have to get it serviced at the dealership for them to remove it (no wonder they have a bad reputation)

Cheers
Steve

Steve - it's easily done with a VCDS cable - where in Melbourne do you live?

Don

Adamzz
13-01-2017, 01:57 PM
there is a procedure to reset it manually, dealer ship you have gone has lied about it they can reset it depending who you talk to

Golf7Tdi
21-04-2017, 08:03 PM
Hey guys, I've got a 2013 golf 7 2.0L tdi.
I tried to reset the service warning multiple times but it comes back immediately .
This is what I'm doing:

1. I hold the 0.0 button
2. Turn the key without starting the engine
3. "Service interval reset?" Comes us on the dash
4. I press the 0.0 button
It then comes up with "service interval reset" then the following prompt says "service now"

Am i doing something wrong, can someone please help me lol very frustrating

DV52
23-04-2017, 11:13 PM
Hey guys, I've got a 2013 golf 7 2.0L tdi.
I tried to reset the service warning multiple times but it comes back immediately .
This is what I'm doing:

1. I hold the 0.0 button
2. Turn the key without starting the engine
3. "Service interval reset?" Comes us on the dash
4. I press the 0.0 button
It then comes up with "service interval reset" then the following prompt says "service now"

Am i doing something wrong, can someone please help me lol very frustrating

GolfTdi: No you aren't doing anything wrong - You are faithfully following the manual instructions! I also have a MY13 mk7 and this process has never worked for me either. I have to use my VCDS cable (or one of my other diagnostic cables) to reset the Service Interval Reminder message.

Don

Umai Naa!!
23-04-2017, 11:25 PM
Try this:

ign off
press rh button on speedo and hold
ign on
will say reset oil serivce?
release
press ok on steering wheel or stork.
ign off.

inspection:
ign off
ign on
hold till display changes to reset inspection service?
release
ign off.

Not my info, but was sent to me a while back.

Golf7Tdi
24-04-2017, 07:25 AM
GolfTdi: No you aren't doing anything wrong - You are faithfully following the manual instructions! I also have a MY13 mk7 and this process has never worked for me either. I have to use my VCDS cable (or one of my other diagnostic cables) to reset the Service Interval Reminder message.

Don

Yeah i thought that was the case. The warning goes away but instantly pops up again. It's really annoying.

Anywhere I can get a cheap vcds cable from? Located in sydney.
And is it hard to reset the service interval through a vcds

Golf7Tdi
24-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Try this:

ign off
ign on
release
ign off.

inspection:
ign off
ign on
hold till display changes to reset inspection service?
release
ign off.

Not my info, but was sent to me a while back.

Doesn't work :(

On the my13 models, there is no oil change light either lol just an inspection warning

Thanks anyway!

DV52
24-04-2017, 08:48 AM
Yeah i thought that was the case. The warning goes away but instantly pops up again. It's really annoying.

Anywhere I can get a cheap vcds cable from? Located in sydney.
And is it hard to reset the service interval through a vcds

Golf7Tdi: If you want to make the short ride to Melbourne, I'm more than happy to reset the SRI for you - and the only cost will be the opportunity for a chat about any topic that you choose!

On a more serious note - although I thoroughly recommend buying a GENUINE VCDS cable, they aren't inexpensive. If you only have a limited application, or you just want to dabble - then I suggest that you buy an OBDeleven dongle.

OBD11 is cheap, but it needs an Android device and good internet connection speed at the point-of-use. But even if you don't have an Android device - the additional cost of buying a second Hand tablet/mobile phone from FleaBay is still way cheaper. However, when you become infected with the incurable disease that will manifest with an interest in OBD diagnostics, then anticipate the urge to buy a REAL toy like VCDS!!

Don

PS: Have a read of the VWW thread on OBDeleven HERE (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f153/obdeleven-new-kid-block-112163.html)
PPS: Please don't buy a fake/clone VCDS cable - you will just become another supporter of the despicable market in IP theft!!
PPPS: As a VWW forum member, you could also ask for help from a colleague that does own a diagnostic cable and that is local - see HERE (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f153/)
PPPPS: And lastly, no - it isn't difficult to reset the SRI - here's how it's done with OBD11

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/04/EiXIPWapng-3.jpg

Golf7Tdi
24-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Thanks a lot for that, I live in sydney so I won't be able to come to melbourne. But I was having a quick look at obdeleven and thought it was a gimmick. But I will buy it and have a play.

Thanks for your help!

Sucks that I can't change it manually though!

nomodlowkmgti
10-09-2017, 03:58 PM
i just kept holding trip reset after ignition on and even hit the ok button on steering wheel it didnt work a few times then it cleared lol . i thought oh well its gone now lol . i did it after i did my oil change