PDA

View Full Version : New Passat 132 TSI Comfortline

momall
17-12-2016, 05:42 AM
Gday Folks,
Picked up the new 132TSI Comfortline with R-Line and Luxury Pack yesterday. Colour is Pure White. Dropped off the B7 TSI Passat at the same time.

First Impressions at the dealer.:-
Car looked good. Well presented. A shout out to the Sutherland Volkswagen team for Great service.
Mags were different from what I expected as I had seeing My16 cars with R-Line wheels. MY16 has the Verona wheel whereas MY17 models have the Monterey wheel. :facepalm:

Driving the cars back to back:-
The B8 with R pack rides really well. I did not find the ride hard, had seen a comment or two on this somewhere else. Engine is smooth and power delivery is more refined compared to the B7. I think the electronic differential? makes a difference to keep the car composed on more spirited take offs. :P
Loving the new Infotainment unit. A huge stepup from the previous RNS series. But still no spoken street names?
The new active display is pretty cool.

Next steps
Have just fired off a message to Frank@Definitive to get the Opticoat details and appointment locked in.
A thorough read of the owners manual to figure out how things work.
If anyone has any questions or suggestions feel free to reply.

SciroccoJ
17-12-2016, 08:58 AM
Well done!! Congrat on the purchase!

Janko
20-12-2016, 01:14 PM
The car is pretty good at recognizing speed signs along the road and adjusting speed up or down if you are on cruise control

sclyde2
20-12-2016, 02:13 PM
i didn't realise that it had that feature in oz. what makes you think it has it here? is it picking up the speed limit from non-standard / temporary speed limit signs, such as at road works?

momall
20-12-2016, 03:38 PM
I don't believe the speed adjustment on cruise is from speed signs been detected. its the adaptive cruise control which tracks vehicles in front and accelerates / decelerates based on the car in front slowing / speeding up. From my understanding speed sign recognition is turned off in Australia

momall
20-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Found an easy way to update the maps on the*navigation. Used a Volkswagen app called DiscoverCare from: Discover Nav Pro : Navigation And Entertainment Systems : Volkswagen UK (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/navigation-and-entertainment-systems/discover-nav-pro). A much smaller download and faster update process. Inserted the card in my surface book. Formatted as exFat. The DiscoverCare software downloaded*the Australia image of around 800MB.
Inserted the SD card in SD card slot 2 and ran an update from the nav unit. took about 15*minutes as I drove for the update to complete. Went from 0058 to 0062...

Mr_206
21-12-2016, 09:26 AM
So i take it its free to update the maps in Aus?

momall
21-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Yes. There was no cost on the Volkswagen website for downloading the maps.

Mr_206
21-12-2016, 01:31 PM
So this can be done each year?

cgorac
13-02-2017, 02:09 PM
I'm looking at purchasing either a Jetta 155 TSI highline sports or the Passat 132 TSI comfort line with R-Line Pack which way should i go?

tigger73
13-02-2017, 08:16 PM
I'm looking at purchasing either a Jetta 155 TSI highline sports or the Passat 132 TSI comfort line with R-Line Pack which way should i go?

Jetta is quite dated now. It's still based on the PQ35/Mk6 Golf platform (hence 155TSI engine). The only reason to go with the Jetta is the engine/6 speed DSG. For pretty much everything else you'll want the Passat.

Of course if you can get a Jetta 155 for the right price I'd look at it. The new Jetta isn't due for another year or so and no guarantees that it's even going to get built in RHD.

anthony
13-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Next Jetta will defiantly be built in RHD as South Africa is one of its main markets.
I'd personally go Jetta over Passat,sportier.....

cgorac
13-02-2017, 10:21 PM
I got offered 34,491 here in Sydney for a Jetta 155 TSI but a friend of mine found me this Passat and it's not bad for the price

https://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/details/Volkswagen-Passat-2016/OAG-AD-13391040/?Cr=3