PDA

View Full Version : Four Keys; Two Cars

Mysticality
13-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Hi, all!

As the title suggests - I have four keys; and two cars.
Three flip-FOBs
One "Mk4 key"

Is it possible to program all four keys; and two cars; to run the same coding for lock/unlock?
Yes, I'm aware the key barrells will be different - what I'm trying to acheive is not having to walk downstairs with two keys if I need to open both cars. Press button once; both cars unlock.

Help! :D

gldgti
13-12-2016, 07:49 PM
youre crazy!

the answer is that it depends. Have a read on the VCDS information pages with repect ot mk6 golf - that would be a good start i'd say.

CraigR
07-06-2017, 11:51 AM
I think you should just close this thread and put it down as a silly question asked. Why don't you just put a little mark on the keys for one car, or use colour tags? I think you are asking for big trouble.

zei20t
08-06-2017, 01:48 PM
no you cant, because the codes shift and the two cars/key sets will shift with a different algorithm

DV52
08-06-2017, 05:16 PM
^^^^ I suspect the answer is "perhaps" - but it will depend on the immo version in the 4 x cars! If you own a VCDS cable and if your vehicles have UDS protocol instrument module, you should be able to get to the screen-shot below via advanced measurement

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/06/spSM2a3png-3.jpg

The identifier of the key in the ignition will be given by entry Transponder ID current Key-Key Transponder ID and the identity of the two programmed keys will be given by the 1-Key and 2-Key entries (last two rows in the table). If you are using a "correct" key - then the current Key entry should be the same as either 1-Key, or 2-Key.

Don