PDA

View Full Version : And another thing!

vinderliker
06-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Well the little things keep going wrong with the Little Beastie. This time the drivers seat on the right hand side decided to come apart where the backrest hinges on the seat. The seats are TS Passat Recaros, I haven't had a good look yet but I hope I can fix them with going to someone else.

gtimk5
08-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Sounds like the bolt might have unwound itself and dropped out mate?
Good luck for 2008 friend,
Andrew :)

vinderliker
08-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks Andrew, will hopefully finally have enough energy and patients to look at it tomorrow. I hope it is just the bolt dropping out, a quick look the other day seemed like a pin or something had come apart.

Nick_80
08-01-2008, 10:45 PM
if ya need pictures i got the recaros in my audi, hope your able to get the problem sorted,

nick

Lukev85
09-01-2008, 08:51 AM
same, loose bolt or pin, should be an easy prob to fix mate, hang in there buddy

vinderliker
09-01-2008, 10:44 AM
There seems to be a large pin with a square hole in it, that has come out of the bit the seat leans backwards and forwards from(TS 2 door seats bend for access to the rear seats. It won't go back in, won't line up with it's hole, can someone please guide me through on what to do?
Thanks in advance.
James

Nick_80
10-01-2008, 07:49 PM
oh yer whoops, well mine doesn't lean forwards like that, guessing lukes gonna have to help you with this one, :D since you have the same seats as you both yanked them out of a ts, sorry i'm no help!

vinderliker
10-01-2008, 08:26 PM
That's OK, I will be checking it out in detail tomorrow. I will have to remove the plastic cover to reveal the mechanism.

vinderliker
14-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah, fixed the seat today, the allen headed pin had decided to strip itself. Seb pulled out the seat as he is expert at it, put another one in from the LS seats and it's fixed. Tomorrow the auto electrician is coming to sort out the mysterious wiper problem, fingers crossed!

That's OK, I will be checking it out in detail tomorrow. I will have to remove the plastic cover to reveal the mechanism.