PDA

View Full Version : USB cable for Apple Carplay

SciroccoJ
24-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Hi All,

Call me an OCD.............................but I find it annoying seeing the cable running from the centre compartment to the airvent (where I have my phone holder) ... is there a usb port hiding somewhere closer? or how are everyone hiding their cables??

Cheers
J

Mr_206
24-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Wish they had integrated the wireless carplay/android auto like the new BMW 5 series will have! Bummer

chopper
24-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Hi All,

Call me an OCD.............................but I find it annoying seeing the cable running from the centre compartment to the airvent (where I have my phone holder) ... is there a usb port hiding somewhere closer? or how are everyone hiding their cables??

Cheers
J

I just leave my phone in the centre console! Problem solved :wink:

To be honest, after the first day, I stopped using CarPlay and just used Bluetooth streaming. Much easier!

Wish they had integrated the wireless carplay/android auto like the new BMW 5 series will have! Bummer

The 5 Series is the first production car with wireless CarPlay. It's going to take 12 months to filter down to other brands I suspect. Considering other manufacturers (like Mazda!) are still launching new cars without CarPlay, I'm just glad it's an option!

SciroccoJ
25-11-2016, 04:57 AM
I just leave my phone in the centre console! Problem solved :wink:

To be honest, after the first day, I stopped using CarPlay and just used Bluetooth streaming. Much easier!

The 5 Series is the first production car with wireless CarPlay. It's going to take 12 months to filter down to other brands I suspect. Considering other manufacturers (like Mazda!) are still launching new cars without CarPlay, I'm just glad it's an option!

Bummer........................ that mean no solution yet. Let me figure something out over the weekend.

The_Hawk
25-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Isn't CarPlay supposed to allow you to put the phone away so you don't need the holder?

In any case, the only other alternative is to do some custom work that would allow you to route the cable behind the dash only to pop out where you need it.... just like smoothing your engine bay. It may not be simple, but the results are nice ;)