PDA

View Full Version : 3C Passats Owners / General Discussion Thread.. (anyone else welcome)

OilBurna
04-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Come on guys and gals lets get 'em up there don't be shy pics included, will post some of my family truckster on the weekend.

Model

103kw TDI Wagon in Candy White October 06 Build, Jan 07 Compliance, have done approx 7400kms, purchased May 07 through Rex Gorell Geelong

Options

Black Leather and Sunroof

Fuel Economy (best avg 4.9 on a run down to Geelong)
DSG Box is brilliant esp quality of shifts and able to have fun with manual mode, although wish I had buttons on the wheel like the GTI.
Standard Features, ie front and rear parking sensors, auto dipping rear view mirror, heated mirrors, luggage net, 12v socket in the rear, 8 airbags, rain sensing wipers etc, my BIL with his Subaru Outback (which cost more) is very envious)

Dislikes

Rain Sensing Wipers can be a bit slow (or sometimes too eager) to turn on
Engine sounds like a tractor at idle
DSG can be a bit grabby in slow manouvering with auto hold on.
Slight hesitation with DSG box on take off
Seat belt buckles in the rear very close to the seat base which makes the bub seat hard to put in (ie get the belt tight when locked)
Rear of the car gets very dirty easily

Issues

Protective strips on LHS front and rear doors were black when delivered not chrome as on the other side, rectified by dealer after a short wait for parts, can't see how they missed this at the factory and dealer.

Engine oil required topping up at approx 7200km

Any other Comments??

Overall love it, everyone who has seen it is very impressed with the features for the price and the fuel economy, general performance and ride etc. Hope I get many years of happy motoring from it.

OilBurna
07-01-2008, 11:18 AM
anyone out there - Ferris?

qsilverza
07-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Nice, think my dad is going to go for the 3.2 4motion and hopefully wagon !!

Anyone got one with DSG ?

Thanks !

Oh and can you chip the 125 KW tdi and if so what gains ?

OilBurna
09-01-2008, 06:56 AM
qsilver za sounds awesome what colour is he thinking of going for.

re the 125kw TDI - yes see the apr site www.goapr.com.au

where is everyone else......

r.

OilBurna
13-02-2008, 10:41 AM
where is everyone - bueller?

on another note found out by accident that if you turn the esp button off this disables the auto hold function - weird...

richdave
13-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Howdy...

New here and also to the Passat.

I was in the market for a car and had my mind set on a Subaru Forester XT.
I dropped into the local VW dealer on the weekend "just for a laugh" to see what all the fuss was about due to the agressive advertising about the Golf...

Well I made the "mistake" of test driving the Diesel 103Kw Passat Wagon. The sales guy basically handed me the keys and said of ya go and take as long as you like... so I did! I came back about an hour later after a nice drive and showing SWMBO and the kids.

I was so impressed that today I have ordered one... :D

Model

125Kw TDI DSG Wagon in Mocca, 07 Build (month TBA), Jan 08 Compliance through Burwin Volkwagen in Furntree Gully VIC.

Options

Black Leather, Sunroof, Fog lights, Bluetooth phone adaptor, iPod adaptor.

I forgot to ask about window tint so will prolly get it aftermarket now and will prolly put a tow hitch on later.

OilBurna
14-02-2008, 06:04 AM
very nice richdave - good to see you saw the light.... great colour combo and options, enjoy...

Patch
16-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

In October I ordered from Penrith Volkswagen a 3.2 4Motion Wagon in Reflex Silver with Black Leather, it was built in Sept 07 and is an 08 Model. I have had it for about two months now and it is by far the best car I have ever owned.

I had window tinting, Bluetooth phone adaptor and R Badging on the Steering wheel as the only options.

I use the car every day for work and have now done 7000km.

It has been faultless so far, and I'm a real fanatic when it comes to cars.

This is my first post but I have enjoyed reading all your posts to date.

Cheers for now, :)

Mark

mikinoz
16-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Geelong, ah, yes, a place of my mis-spent youth.

I don't think they had a VW dealer there in the late 80's did they?

Anyone ordered an R36 Passat?

vanDub
16-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Newbie to site.

As per signature I have ordered a 'Granite' Passat sedan TDI (125kw) with DSG and beige leather. We chose the colour based on dealer colour swatch which was actually labelled 'Granite Green W4W4' (our agreement was that I chose mechanicals, wife chose the colour, black leather in our heat was never an option).

VW Aust assured me via email that the 'Granite' colour is unique to Australia and is different to the 'Granite Green' used overseas and is "more grey than green".

I have not seen the colour in real life and have only found poor quality pics online that vary from a bluish grey to an olive green. I have seen a Q7 locally in what looks like it may be the same colour but I suspect that its a little darker.

Can anyone help with a decent picture/s of the car in granite colour as I have to wait until May delivery to see the real thing?

PS. Deal done with VW Wodonga through Private Fleet at $2K better than local dealer. Locals wanted $711 extra just for the towbar!!!

richdave
17-02-2008, 07:30 AM
VW Aust assured me via email that the 'Granite' colour is unique to Australia and is different to the 'Granite Green' used overseas and is "more grey than green".

"Granite" is not shown on the German or UK websits and I have found "Granite Green" on the US site only. In the OZ brochures the same colour appears to be listed as "Granite Metalic" (no info on the OZ website).

FWIW Page 16 of the glossy has what I believe to be a pic of the choosen colour and attached is a simulation from the US site. Having seen the colour in real life, I think it is more grey than green.

I must admit I am skeptical that any colour would be unique to OZ

Locals wanted $711 extra just for the towbar!!!
List on a towbar is around $1.5K :shock::mad:and my dealer having dropped his pants on the car will not budge a $1 on the tow bar so I'm chasing Hayman Reece direct ATM.

Steve
17-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Yep. Biscay Blue wagon with black interior, RNS510 sat-nav, automatic tailgate, Bluetooth (premium...?) and tint. ETA is "September at the latest." Apparently mine was the first order in South Australia...!

I want it now :(

richdave
17-02-2008, 01:08 PM
ETA is "September at the latest."

Holy smoke man... That's 7 months :o

Steve
17-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah... although I hope to be in New Zealand from May until late August so it won't be so bad :)

It's the second 7 month wait we've had for a VW... we ordered out GTI in December and it didn't get here until June!

vanDub
17-02-2008, 06:43 PM
List on a towbar is around $1.5K :shock::mad:and my dealer having dropped his pants on the car will not budge a $1 on the tow bar so I'm chasing Hayman Reece direct ATM.

Thanks for reply Dave, Towbar quotes in Vic of $1420/1430, locals $2131. Also checked with TJM and was quoted $535 plus VW specific wiring harness (no price but they expected it to be expensive = $300+) and bye bye warranty if any damage done by towbar or as a result of towing anything.

Fitting by TJM was actually recommended by local dealer rep as even he was embarrased by quote from their parts department!!

richdave
17-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Fitting by TJM was actually recommended by local dealer rep as even he was embarrased by quote from their parts department!!

Yeah... my dealer also quietly suggested I try Hayman Reece direct....

My understanding is the "VW" one is a locally sourced Hayman Reece anyway...

R36 Dreamer
18-02-2008, 06:39 AM
Geelong, ah, yes, a place of my mis-spent youth.

I don't think they had a VW dealer there in the late 80's did they?

I have orderered an R36 Wagon in Biscay Blue, with Sunroof and Auto Tailgate.

Still awaiting final pricing, but all up under $70k on the road (maybe even 2-3k cheaper).

My wife and I went for a drive in a 3.2 wagon on Sunday- and my wife loved it. She wasn't keen on me upgrading as she loves the GTI, but after an hour in the wagon - she is now as eager as I am.

Dealer advised that although press says September delivery - VW Aust are doing a big release at the motor show, and cars will be available after the official release (even though they may be in the country sooner).

Another long wait ahead.......

OilBurna
18-02-2008, 09:46 AM
good luck r36 dreamer hope you don;t have to wait too long.

richdave - granite is an awesome colour, I almost bought an ex demo one in that colour with 18's, leather, sunroof and alarm bit it had done 5,000km and they wanted 52k plus on roads!!!! It sold before I even turned up to look at it.

re colour here it is from carsales, do a search on ex demo / near new, thats how I found mine, indirectly...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/02/8820725-1.jpg

Steve
18-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Dealer advised that although press says September delivery - VW Aust are doing a big release at the motor show, and cars will be available after the official release (even though they may be in the country sooner).

What do you mean by that? We might be waiting longer than September? :(

OilBurna
18-02-2008, 10:18 AM
I think he means earlier, ie after the official release at the motor show, if my tatts numbers come up I'm trading up... mmm maybe rs6 hehehe

R36 Dreamer
18-02-2008, 11:28 AM
What do you mean by that? We might be waiting longer than September? :(

Steve,

I am being told expect the car after the motor show (19th October).

VW are advertising that the car will be in showrooms from the third quarter of 08, but the dealer has said the first deliveries to customers wont happen until after the motor show.

Not sure if what I am hearing is correct, but the dealer sounded very certain, despite what I told him on was written on the website.

So Frustrating - I waited 7 months for the GTI, and am now looking at another 8months!!

Went for a spin in a 3.2 wagon on Sunday (when I spoke to the dealer), and if the R32 is better than that I cannot wait.

I hope my dealer is wrong, but I am counting on October so I can be surprised if its earlier, and not pi$$ed off when it is late!!