PDA

View Full Version : Service centres

4wheels
03-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi Volks,

Some of you may know me from other forums (Brickyard, KombiClub, Syncro), but this is my first post here.
My new 2007 Trakkadu camper (128Kw, 4 Motion) is telling me it's time for it's 1st service soon. Since Trakka, where I bought it, is in Sydney, I need to choose a local Service centre in Melbourne. Does any-one have feed-back on the various centres. South Yarra's new service centre in Abbotsford is closest, but I see they've just had one 'bad rap' on here. Next closest 'van centre' is Essendon, but I don't know much about them. Burwin, in Ferntree Gully seems to have the best rep, from the little I've heard, but is about 30Km away. I can organise that if people think they're worth it, but it'd be a bugger if I ever had to take it back for things not done right.

Brian

Tornado T5
06-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Volks,

Some of you may know me from other forums (Brickyard, KombiClub, Syncro), but this is my first post here.
My new 2007 Trakkadu camper (128Kw, 4 Motion) is telling me it's time for it's 1st service soon. Since Trakka, where I bought it, is in Sydney, I need to choose a local Service centre in Melbourne. Does any-one have feed-back on the various centres. South Yarra's new service centre in Abbotsford is closest, but I see they've just had one 'bad rap' on here. Next closest 'van centre' is Essendon, but I don't know much about them. Burwin, in Ferntree Gully seems to have the best rep, from the little I've heard, but is about 30Km away. I can organise that if people think they're worth it, but it'd be a bugger if I ever had to take it back for things not done right.

Brian
I can vouch for Burwins. Had my 15,000 km service on my T5 on 4/12 and booked the service based on loan van availability, actually got a T5 that was younger then mine which hasn't been my experience with other brands of vehicles. Total cost $380, labour $176, the Synpower oil was another $123.57!!!
and minor warranty issue of broken wing door hinge release trim covers which I was told are nolonger manufactured...? still think the T4 method of unhinging was better anyway. Also had central locking changed to single door unlocking on first press of remote.

I should add that Burwins is 35km from my home, closest comm. dealer anyway and opening at 7.30am means I can drop off early and avoid the Ferntree Gully rd traffic jam back to Stud Rd. A new Barlow World combined VW/Merc dealership is being built on the old Ikea site on Nepean highway Moorabbin so it will be interseting if they sell commercials.