PDA

View Full Version : Comfortline with DAP & Luxury Pack vs Highline with DAP

Brizzypom
25-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Given the price differential between the Highline with DAP and Comfortline with Luxury pack and DAP seems to me a no brainer to go (and wait) for the Highline

132TSI Comfortline
$41,490

162TSI Highline
$48,490

DAP
$2,000

DAP
$2,000

Luxury
$5,000

$50,490

$48,490

So what does the highline give you over and above the luxury package on a Comfortline?

LED headlights with dynamic cornering lights
18-inch alloy wheels
8.0-inch Discover Pro satellite-navigation system
Interior ambient lighting and LED reading lights
Steering wheel-mounted gearshift paddles
Dark tinted rear side and rear windows
Premium LED tail lights
Chrome strip in the front lower air intake

What you don't get is the sunroof which is another $2k on top. Living in Brisbane this is no great loss for me - everyone I know who has one here very rarely uses it.

Of all these the dynamic LED headlights are the stand-out additions, possibly with the sat-nav. I actually prefer the look of the 17" wheels to the 18" and I'm not sure about gearshift paddles, never had these before and wonder if they are actually more than a novelty. So $2k for LED headlights and Sat-nav plus the bigger more powerful engine. Any comments?

Frogasaursas
25-09-2016, 07:00 PM
I think you answered your own questions - seems a no-brainer to fork out the extra $2k for the better engine. You're also getting a more premium looking car; besides the look of the LED headlights they put another two chrome strips on the grill, looks much better.

Gladbach
25-09-2016, 07:45 PM
I'd easily justify the extra 2k for the 162TSI and LED headlights alone.

Mac135
25-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Agree with the value of the 162 and LED's. For me the third big benefit is the paddles. If you have not owned a DSG car then I understand that you might thing them a novelty but in my opinion DSG needs the paddles to get the best out of the gearbox and the car. Love DSG .....with paddles.

Brazen
25-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Also wonder if there is more 'fat' in the price of the Highline too, making the difference slightly smaller if you can negotiate a good deal.

codefree
17-05-2017, 08:53 PM
I was thinking exactly the same as you. I placed my order 132tsi+dap+luxury in March. ETA the end of May
but I changed my idea to 162tsi+dap at the beginning of May, and now have to wait another 3months

Ozsko
18-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Given the price differential between the Highline with DAP and Comfortline with Luxury pack and DAP seems to me a no brainer to go (and wait) for the Highline

132TSI Comfortline
$41,490

162TSI Highline
$48,490

DAP
$2,000

DAP
$2,000

Luxury
$5,000

$50,490

$48,490

So what does the highline give you over and above the luxury package on a Comfortline?

18-inch alloy wheels
Premium LED tail lights

What you don't get is the sunroof which is another $2k on top. Living in Brisbane this is no great loss for me - everyone I know who has one here very rarely uses it.

Of all these the dynamic LED headlights are the stand-out additions, possibly with the sat-nav. I actually prefer the look of the 17" wheels to the 18" and I'm not sure about gearshift paddles, never had these before and wonder if they are actually more than a novelty. So $2k for LED headlights and Sat-nav plus the bigger more powerful engine. Any comments?

Your reasoning is why I did exactly what you are suggesting and bought a 162 Highline & no R line pack and the biggest reason was the wheels, I need bigger wheels like a hole in the head. We have a Golf PP and all the stuff like adjustable suspension and different modes etc that the R line has never gets used on the Golf.

numnut
18-05-2017, 10:10 PM

132TSI Comfortline
$41,490

162TSI Highline
$48,490

DAP
$2,000

DAP
$2,000

Luxury
$5,000

$50,490

$48,490

18-inch alloy wheels
Premium LED tail lights

Just wondering how you got those prices? As those were the two choices i was considering as well.

Thanks

Brizzypom
19-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Just wondering how you got those prices? As those were the two choices i was considering as well.

Thanks

Those were the list prices when they were first released. It didn't include dealer delivery, rego or any of the other multiple additions such as CTP. It was purely just a base cost comparison between the two.

In the end it was a no-brainer as I went for the 162 Highline with DAP. Just for the LED lights alone I'd recommend the highline - they are the canine gonads!

codefree
20-05-2017, 08:02 AM
Those were the list prices when they were first released. It didn't include dealer delivery, rego or any of the other multiple additions such as CTP. It was purely just a base cost comparison between the two.

In the end it was a no-brainer as I went for the 162 Highline with DAP. Just for the LED lights alone I'd recommend the highline - they are the canine gonads!

haha me too, I gave up sunroof for led headlights

jrgti
21-05-2017, 11:01 AM
I purchased a brand new Tiguan 132 tsi with LP and DAP for 48.5 drive away believe it or not. I bargained hard and was about to decide to fly to Vic to drive one back when a local dealer called up (WA). I guess they had an MY 17 they needed to sell to make way for an MY18. With the extra savings I purchased the factory extended 2 year warranty, tow bar and tint. Pity about the headlights though and I hope it can be retrofitted easily in a couple of years time. I'd rather that than a sunroof.

dubbud
22-05-2017, 12:21 AM
I purchased a brand new Tiguan 132 tsi with LP and DAP for 48.5 drive away believe it or not. I bargained hard and was about to decide to fly to Vic to drive one back when a local dealer called up (WA). I guess they had an MY 17 they needed to sell to make way for an MY18. With the extra savings I purchased the factory extended 2 year warranty, tow bar and tint. Pity about the headlights though and I hope it can be retrofitted easily in a couple of years time. I'd rather that than a sunroof.

Hi. Thats a great price especially in WA where we tend to pay a bit more. Can you share which dealership you got this from.