PDA

View Full Version : Passat 132 TSI DSG

Janko
29-08-2016, 01:44 PM
How long has the Passat 132 TSI been around? Has anyone on here had any issues with its DSG?

nrmoz
17-10-2016, 01:45 PM
I have an MY17 Passat Comfortline R Pack; no issues with the car at all...

momall
03-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Does the R pack includes Adaptive Chassis control?

tigger73
03-12-2016, 01:23 PM
How long has the Passat 132 TSI been around? Has anyone on here had any issues with its DSG?

Same 7 speed DSG as in the Mk7 Golf. No major reports of issues. The earlier 7 speed DSG gearbox in the Mk6 Golf and B7 Passat had issues.

Does the R pack includes Adaptive Chassis control?

Only the 206TSI gets the Adaptive Chassis control. The R-line option on the 132TSI Comfortline gives you sports suspension with 15mm drop over the standard 132TSI.

momall
03-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Thanks. Thinking of replacing the B7 TSI with the 132comfortline plus luxury pack and R Pack...

ope126
02-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Thanks. Thinking of replacing the B7 TSI with the 132comfortline plus luxury pack and R Pack...

Still thinking...

Janko
03-04-2017, 09:49 AM

Test drive the normal 132 TSI and the Rline version on a bumpy road and decide which one suits you better.If your regular route is not agreat road you might be better off minus Rline.

momall
03-04-2017, 02:23 PM

Took the plunge and am happy with the R-Line. Its does not come with Adaptive Chassis control. Suits me fine though.

Interesting, the ride is a lot more comfortable than my MY 13 TSI Jetta with Sport pack.

ylzhao
01-05-2017, 11:47 AM
bought this beauty since dec 2015, nothing wrong with it; bit shaking while start, especially on hill. sports model is perfect.

ylzhao
01-05-2017, 11:48 AM
average consumption is 8L per 100km

zzc2010
01-05-2017, 11:49 PM
average consumption is 8L per 100km

Averaging around 10L with R19 wheels.

:(

rave75
02-05-2017, 02:11 PM
Averaging around 10L with R19 wheels.

:(

I got 8L with R19 wheels, but on eco mode all the time though. Just because coasting is only available on Eco mode, it made a huge difference. I got as low as 7.5L at night when there's only few traffic from work to home.

zzc2010
03-05-2017, 03:50 AM
I got 8L with R19 wheels, but on eco mode all the time though. Just because coasting is only available on Eco mode, it made a huge difference. I got as low as 7.5L at night when there's only few traffic from work to home.

I will switch to ECO mode then.

I just wonder if ECO mode puts too much pressure onto the DSG for saving fuels.

Never want to break the DRY DSG again.

rave75
03-05-2017, 11:40 AM
I will switch to ECO mode then.

I just wonder if ECO mode puts too much pressure onto the DSG for saving fuels.

Never want to break the DRY DSG again.

That I don't know. As far as I know, creeping (slowly moving during traffic jam) put a stress on the clutch and will cause premature wear, just like when you drive manual. So you better give a distance between you and the front car then accelerate. Holding the throttle while on the hill to keep it from rolling backwards is a big no no too. You will need to replace the clutch plate anyway sometime in the future but don't make it sooner!

You will see the benefit of ECO mode when the road is sloping down, that's when you need to take of your foot from the gas pedal. You will see ECO symbol on the lower right of your screen when coasting is on (mine is not virtual display). Coasting will prevent engine braking, disengage the clutch, the RPM will sit at idle speed (around 800 i think) and use the momentum of the car to roll forward. When you press the gas or brake, it will engage the clutch again and deactivate coasting mode.

I imagine if the road is flat or uphill, you won't really see the benefit of ECO mode. I travel from Parramatta to Chatswood for work (around 25km a day) so I've saved quite a lot in terms of fuel expenses. At night when there's hardly any traffic, I could get even 7L and in the morning it is close to 8L. My long term average sits at 7.5L now. Hopefully this helps.

zzc2010
03-05-2017, 02:01 PM
That I don't know. As far as I know, creeping (slowly moving during traffic jam) put a stress on the clutch and will cause premature wear, just like when you drive manual. So you better give a distance between you and the front car then accelerate. Holding the throttle while on the hill to keep it from rolling backwards is a big no no too. You will need to replace the clutch plate anyway sometime in the future but don't make it sooner!

You will see the benefit of ECO mode when the road is sloping down, that's when you need to take of your foot from the gas pedal. You will see ECO symbol on the lower right of your screen when coasting is on (mine is not virtual display). Coasting will prevent engine braking, disengage the clutch, the RPM will sit at idle speed (around 800 i think) and use the momentum of the car to roll forward. When you press the gas or brake, it will engage the clutch again and deactivate coasting mode.

I imagine if the road is flat or uphill, you won't really see the benefit of ECO mode. I travel from Parramatta to Chatswood for work (around 25km a day) so I've saved quite a lot in terms of fuel expenses. At night when there's hardly any traffic, I could get even 7L and in the morning it is close to 8L. My long term average sits at 7.5L now. Hopefully this helps.

That's very helpful.

Thanks.

GT Perth
06-06-2017, 04:35 PM
2016 Passat 132 TSI wagon R-Line & Driver Assist
(Swapped out 18" wheels for standard - this tones down the ride.)

Had now for 12 months.
No issues whatsover - a superb car.
Comfortable.
Delight to drive.
More than adequate performance.
7 speed DSG has been exceptional.
Economical (8.05 L/100k - measured independent of the car display)

Fitted after market Towlink towbar and it tows my 6x4 trailer faultlessly.
(nb this does not void warranty)

The only criticism I have is that the CD player/Sim slot is not properly lit in the glove box.
Like many modern cars, the front end styling looks great but is quite impractical given the height of most car park kerbs.