PDA

View Full Version : never say die diesel

shovel king
31-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey troops.. my 98 T4 2.4 just dont know anything but to run. coming real close to 300.000 km all drive. well I swung a duel mass clutch and a mount into it two months ago as I work away up in the coal fields CQ and I need that safe travel thing fuel burn is the same as when I got it brand new no leaks or sqeaks now i tell ya bout my 91 golf GTI......

gldgti
01-01-2008, 08:13 AM
300,000?? thats just a baby still there, haha.

my pa has a mk1 gld with 420,000 ish on it now, still going strong.

my mk3 is still a real baby at 143,000km....

gldgti
01-01-2008, 08:15 AM
oh, and...

Welcome to the forum! always happy to have new dubbers..

do tell us about your Gti aswell, haha.

shovel king
01-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Well its the light of my life all ways wanted just that car( had a Wolfburg turbo diesel in LA Cal ,'82 and had at lest one Golf since) and found a broken one in adelade so shipped it where the tears started .. the trucker crushed a roof corner in and told me to fix it Bugger.
Found the right hand front spindel bent layed the wheel over so replaced it with a Seat part fired a clutch into it cleaned up the fowl smell inside lots a little jobs getting niced up then it got pinched stoled robbed ripped off say it any way ya can and T boned into a 4 by 4 driven by a drunk woman with no rego and all the rest good things so I stated agian put a new front on it pulled the rails in line two freakin years chacing parts ( enter VW friends) $3.000 of two pack red now just about done again looks real nice stock as a rock but big valves 30 70 cam chip work and putting a set of Mk 3 4 into two manifolds on it and all the little stuff that makes them nice is going on. Real big thanks to Al and jas of fruitgrove VW and everyone how helped..
Now its about as red as ... and real shinie look smik as drive nice.. well I just love my GTI so will show when I can 120.000km showing will post pics..
Im a coal miner in CQ run a big ar e shovel load drit into trucks tearing up the planet but we keep the lights burning.
So I keep in touch with my lap top off shift sitting in my padded cell
have a few parts left over..
Take care guys
Shovel king

Preen59
07-01-2008, 07:01 PM
300,000?? thats just a baby still there, haha.

my pa has a mk1 gld with 420,000 ish on it now, still going strong.

my mk3 is still a real baby at 143,000km....

Yeah, a guy in town used to have a red mk1 gld with over 500,000 on it, my old man used to service it. He went from here (orange) to Mount Iser in it and got something like 80mpg. Pretty sure he made it to QLD before he had to fill up!

I also know a german guy in syd who had a mk1 gld back in the home land and he said he used to run it on anything he could get his hands on from cooking oil to JET A1, and it never missed a beat.

Best engine ever.

gldgti
08-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Best engine ever.

Amen to that my brother!

shovel king
13-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi, Folks.
I've just collected my GTI from 'Runcorn VDub', taken it home and tucked it up in bed. I took some photos to share with you before putting it to bed.

Big thanks to Alan, Linda and Jason of 'Runcorn VDub' for all the hard-to-get parts, problem solving and excellent fine tuning.

Happy VDubbing.
Shovel King.