PDA

View Full Version : NEW! TypeIII Fastback

The_Hawk
30-12-2007, 02:04 PM
My first car was a 1970 Type III Fastback TLE 1600 Automatic
1600cc fuel injected, extractors, rebuilt from the ground up. And now I have a new model to add to the colelction. Sweet.

"officially licensed by Volkswagen"
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/12/Volkswagen_TypeIII_Fastback-1.jpg

There is the usual Beetle, Kombi and Karmann Ghia, but there is also a MKIV 02 GTI. A Bargain at Big W for $4.something.

FknDubbin
30-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Wicked! Have they got squarebacks??

The_Hawk
30-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Wicked! Have they got squarebacks??

Only that one that I saw.

Golf Houso
05-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Soon you will actually have a ligitimate excuse to purchase VW related toys, hahahaha I can just imagine it now...

Aaron, give Thomas the toy car. No... He'll damage the packing noooooo! AARRROOON!!!!

The future is going to be an amusing time...

The_Hawk
05-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Soon you will actually have a ligitimate excuse to purchase VW related toys, hahahaha I can just imagine it now...

Aaron, give Thomas the toy car. No... He'll damage the packing noooooo! AARRROOON!!!!

The future is going to be an amusing time...

Who needs and excuse?

I do already have a 3 year old, he's already eyed off Daddy's cars in their boxes and we have already had pretty much that conversation, in the end I gave him a Porsche 911 convertable which he quickly destroyed, mum gave him a VW New Beetle, also down to a bare shell :P

What can I say, he like to pull things apart! Especially the wheels off cars, seems he watched Disney's "Cars" movies one too many times and when Lightning looses his tyres... well, here we are.

DUB 20V
05-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Who needs and excuse?

I do alreday have a 3 year old, he's already eyed off Daddy's cars in their boxes and we have already had pretty much that conversation, in the end I gave him a Porsche 911 convertable which he quickly destroyed, mum gave him a VW New Beetle, also down to a bare shell :P

What can I say, he like to pull things apart! Especially the wheels off cars, seems he watched Disney's "Cars" movies one too many times and when Lightning looses his tyres... well, here we are.

there are 2 golf gti 02, a balck/white one and a yellow, i bought both look sweet they had all the vw models at big w waringah mall

The_Hawk
05-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Was there any other Type III's besides the one I got??

DUB 20V
05-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Was there any other Type III's besides the one I got??

i think only a karman ghia

BTJ
12-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi there folks!

These models are quite nifty and i've got a few of them. there are a couple of Beetle dragsters, a couple of gti golfs. i think there is two of each model in a different paint scheme.

I've got the orange fastback pictured above and it looks very cool on the shelf. managaes to stand out amongst hundreds of other, more extravagant models!

deemoE36
17-02-2008, 06:31 PM
yeh they are cool, all metals as well

i got that yellow MKIV 02 GTI, and a few more hot wheelies as you can see in the pick

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9170/pdaphoneseconds019cq5.jpg

left to right:
VW Golf W16; AMG Mercedes CLK DTM; VW Golf MKIV 02 GTI; Audi RS6 Avant; Porsche Cayman S; Ferrari 599 GTB; Ferrari 250 LM; Dodge Challenger Concept Hemi 6.1.