PDA

View Full Version : Electrical trouble? Boot won't open, RVC not working, Lights Off

Vexed
29-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Hi all,

Today I've hit a new problem with my CC. When I switch on the ignition, I receive error messages saying, left right reverse lights not working, left right fog lights not working, etc. I noticed brake lights are fine, as well the normal night lights. When I put the car into reverse, the RVC is black but I still see the steering lines. The boot won't open, I tried using the VW emblem, the button on the door and remote, nothing.

I'm wondering what could cause this? is there anything to check? a fuse maybe?

Many thanks.

Umai Naa!!
29-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Wiring harness for the bootlid has failed. It's a common fault on the CC.

Vexed
29-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Wiring harness for the bootlid has failed. It's a common fault on the CC.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes it seems to be a very common issue in the CC. How can I open the boot though?

JustCruisn
29-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Is there an emergency release ? Crawl in and pull it.
Here is some info on the broken wire harness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xva3eoVgCq8

rjt86
01-07-2016, 11:16 AM
You'll have to drop the rear seats, crawl in, there's a black circular plastic cover on the boot lid, pop the cover off and you'll need to feel around for the latch which releases the boot

I have a complete harness if you are looking for one, and it has the RVC wiring also. I didn't realise it's a common fault, wondering if I should keep it for my CC [emoji41]

Vexed
04-07-2016, 03:51 PM
You'll have to drop the rear seats, crawl in, there's a black circular plastic cover on the boot lid, pop the cover off and you'll need to feel around for the latch which releases the boot

I have a complete harness if you are looking for one, and it has the RVC wiring also. I didn't realise it's a common fault, wondering if I should keep it for my CC [emoji41]

Thanks a lot mate, yeah I have opened the boot yesterday.
I'd be interested in the harness if you are thinking to sell. You can PM the details if you want :)
Thanks again.