PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if this would work with Rosstech program

Hillbilly
17-06-2016, 09:01 PM
High Quality VAG COM 11.10 VAG 11.10 VCDS 11.10 Diagnostic Tool for VW AUDI from Tomtop.com (http://www.tomtop.com/vag-com-11-10-vag-11-10-vcds-11-10-diagnostic-tool-for-vw-audi-k489.html)

h100vw
17-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Not with the full version. You might get it to work with the $99 one.

They supply a cracked version of the software which is often a painful thing to get running.

The price is cheap enough to throw it away though

Greg Roles
18-06-2016, 07:20 AM
The answer is nope, I've bought a variety of basic cables looking for something with VAG protocol along the lines of Vag Com, and thus far zero have worked. They will all do the standard OBD stuff of telling you there is an "emissions" or similar generic fault code, but none speak the unique VAG protocol that Uwe Ross took a decade to decipher, which allows you to get detailed VW info / capability.

arcadelt
18-06-2016, 10:21 AM
...but have fun trying: $20+ Is not much money to spend.

DV52
18-06-2016, 06:09 PM
^^^^ The cable is absolute rubbish!! Better to take your $20 and burn it - at least you will get some heat from the flame! Claims to be VCDS, but it's a cheap knock-off clone! Anyone buying it is as guilty of IP theft as the seller (IP theft is not a victimless crime!) If you don't agree then you haven't tried to build a company from scratch only to have pirates thieve your hard earned success!
Don

Hillbilly
18-06-2016, 10:35 PM
^^^^ The cable is absolute rubbish!! Better to take your $20 and burn it - at least you will get some heat from the flame! Claims to be VCDS, but it's a cheap knock-off clone! Anyone buying it is as guilty of IP theft as the seller (IP theft is not a victimless crime!) If you don't agree then you haven't tried to build a company from scratch only to have pirates thieve your hard earned success!
Don

Settle down. I saw it and put it up just in case it would work. I have no intention of buying one.