PDA

View Full Version : MY17 Passat B8 updates

limiteded
01-06-2016, 06:24 AM
As per the VW sales bulletin that someone has attached in the mk7 thread, looks like VW aust are addressing some of the basic packaging issues.

price adjustments also apply

for 132TSI Comfortline and 140TDI Highline and Alltrack:

Full electric seats for front with memory and massage for drivers seat standard
electric foldable mirrors With auto dimming for drivers side and auto kerb function for passengers side standard
drivers profile select standard on comfortline
revised content for luxury pack
revised price and content for R line pack

132TSI:
Front Assist withCity emergency brake standard
new wheel design(soho 17 inch) standard

Eaglehawk
01-06-2016, 09:46 AM
revised content for luxury pack
revised price and content for R line pack

I thought these two don't apply to the AllTrack, am I reading that right?

And does this mean the Virtual Cockpit is part of one of these packs?

Buzy_Robot
01-06-2016, 06:49 PM
So, when will the MY17 Passat be in Australian showrooms and available for purchase?

tigger73
01-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Try September... depending on stock levels of MY16 Passat ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzy_Robot
01-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Try September... depending on stock levels of MY16 Passat ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

September sounds good, but that bulletin makes no mention of the 206TSI Passat. Mmmm.....

limiteded
02-06-2016, 06:50 AM
September sounds good, but that bulletin makes no mention of the 206TSI Passat. Mmmm.....

My guess is the 206tsi may be a feb/march launch, since the new tiguan will be the major focus come october. But there may be a separate bulletin for the 206tsi also yet to come

limiteded
02-06-2016, 06:53 AM
I thought these two don't apply to the AllTrack, am I reading that right?

And does this mean the Virtual Cockpit is part of one of these packs?

Yes thats true.
No virtual cockpit for a while i wouldnt think, since audi aust are pushing it on the q7, a4, and coming a3.
VW aust are pretty good at withholding technology and options for aust. But giving options and technology to NZ similar to europe

afycionado
03-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Damn, wish I hadn't seen that...my new 132TSI Comfortline wagon has just arrived in country, having ordered in December, and from the outset one thing I wish it had (but was prepared to live without) was driver's seat memory!

JamieHC
09-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Agree, afycionado. The lack of a memory drivers seat is inexcusable at this level. It's our biggest bugbear in what is otherwise an excellent car.

Could always do with some more power too but as it's the family truckster, that's okay.

Janko
13-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Looking to buy a Passat MY16 Comfortline.Will there be significant value addition in the MY17?Is it worth waiting for MY17 or is it now a good time to grab a good deal on MY16?

tigger73
13-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Looking to buy a Passat MY16 Comfortline.Will there be significant value addition in the MY17?Is it worth waiting for MY17 or is it now a good time to grab a good deal on MY16?

Have a look at the first post as it highlights all the changes for MY17. You just have to work out if these additional features are worth waiting for or if you would rather negotiate a keener price on a MY16.

Riker
13-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Very happy to finally see the boffins at VWA making the necessary additions to the Passat's available features. No doubt it was in their plans to add updates year upon year but I reckon we can very safely say Skoda AUS put the rocket up them with the standard kit & options in the new Superb. Most would know it has been my bug bear since the B8 was released like many others of you that B8's didn't arrive with some kit it should have such as electric memory seats etc, so happy they have stopped (for the moment) stuffing us Aussie buyers. Also thrilled those of us from R36 & Highline V6 backgrounds & those wanting to step up in power will finally have a same as same power & drivetrain option now in the 206tsi 4 motion... I have been looking at the Superb 206TSi but moreso the new A4 2.0TFSi Quattro but damn, $90,000 give or take with the options i'd want.....:facepalm: :mad:

Bloody good news all round the Passat B8 will now be here with options & power it should have & at a reasonable price...:cool:

gamcem
05-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Just got word from my local dealer that 206 will be available in 2017 model with Active Display. I'm heading there this afternoon to talk timeframes for delivery etc. will report back!

limiteded
05-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Just got word from my local dealer that 206 will be available in 2017 model with Active Display. I'm heading there this afternoon to talk timeframes for delivery etc. will report back!

Good to hear that they are going to spec the 206tsi up with some tech. I suppose since the new highline/r line tiguan that is due september has been talked about having active info, so vw should get their act together and offer it in the passat.

as soon as the passat 176tdi 4 motion is announced( probably never in aust), then ill put an all optioned order down.

tigger73
05-07-2016, 06:36 PM
Good to hear that they are going to spec the 206tsi up with some tech. I suppose since the new highline/r line tiguan that is due september has been talked about having active info, so vw should get their act together and offer it in the passat.

as soon as the passat 176tdi 4 motion is announced( probably never in aust), then ill put an all optioned order down.

Don't get your hopes up for the 176TDI. I think somewhere I read that it wasn't suitable for hot climates. So until that changes don't expect to see it here anytime soon. :(

Flipper Dog
05-07-2016, 07:42 PM
And who will pay Audi A6 prices for a Passat in Australia

Radknight
11-07-2016, 01:43 PM
I'm pretty happy with my new R-Line 132TSI wagon. No regrets except the 19" wheels and Sydney roads work the kidneys a bit. The only real things I find inexcusable is no passenger side mirror dipping in reverse (because I have the ergo seats) and lack of sunglasses holder (due to panoramic sunroof). I do wonder how hot it's going to get with the big sunroof and the light fabric of the shade but I'll deal with that then.

Other than that, great car.

VR28LT
17-07-2016, 01:57 PM
Hi guys ive been a long time VW owner/driver and after many many performance Golfs (VR6s and GTIs) its time to look at something a little more mature and bigger without feeling and looking like my life is over lol
We currently have a mk6 GTI and mk7 90 TSI in the garage but the kids are starting to look a little uncomfortable in the back of the GOLF. Im really liking the look of the new Passat especially with the R line pack im just unsure which is the best engine to go for.... Can anyone tell me if the engine and gearbox in the petrol 1.8 is the same that is found in the Polo GTI?

tigger73
17-07-2016, 03:29 PM
Im really liking the look of the new Passat especially with the R line pack im just unsure which is the best engine to go for.... Can anyone tell me if the engine and gearbox in the petrol 1.8 is the same that is found in the Polo GTI?

The R-line pack on the Passat does finish it off nicely.

Passat 132TSI = 1.8 turbo petrol (CJSA) + 7 speed DQ200 DSG

This engine is closest to the Golf Alltrack (CJSB) and Skoda Octavia Scout (CJS%) 132TSI engine, though both of these cars come with the higher torque 6 speed DQ250 DSG which is shared with Golf GTI/R.

The Polo GTI has a 1.8 turbo petrol, however the engine number on this car is a lot different (DAJA/DAJB) and it makes slightly more power (141kW). Whether this is the same engine with different tune or has significantly different components you'd have to start digging through the manuals/parts catalogs, however it's clearly a different series than the other 3 cars.

Passat 140TDI = 2.0 TDI (DFCA) with 6 speed DQ250 DSG

Has the higher torque DSG gearbox which is the one that I'd pick if I was purchasing a Golf/Passat.

The other option you'll have shortly is the new Tiguan (launching here in the next month or so). Just to make things confusing this also has a 132TSI engine (CZPA), however it's based on the 2.0turbo GTI motor (CXDA) and is detuned to 132kW. The Tiguan has the high torque DQ500 7 speed DSG which is by far the stronger/more reliable of the 3 DSG gearboxes that you see in VW vehicles. The DQ500 DSG gearbox also gets used in the Transporter and some higher power Audis (TT-RS).

If you were going to keep the car longer term, the DQ500 is the only one I'd recommend. Though the DQ200 has certainly improved a lot since a few years ago.

VR28LT
18-07-2016, 07:36 PM
The R-line pack on the Passat does finish it off nicely.

Passat 132TSI = 1.8 turbo petrol (CJSA) + 7 speed DQ200 DSG

This engine is closest to the Golf Alltrack (CJSB) and Skoda Octavia Scout (CJS%) 132TSI engine, though both of these cars come with the higher torque 6 speed DQ250 DSG which is shared with Golf GTI/R.

The Polo GTI has a 1.8 turbo petrol, however the engine number on this car is a lot different (DAJA/DAJB) and it makes slightly more power (141kW). Whether this is the same engine with different tune or has significantly different components you'd have to start digging through the manuals/parts catalogs, however it's clearly a different series than the other 3 cars.

Passat 140TDI = 2.0 TDI (DFCA) with 6 speed DQ250 DSG

Has the higher torque DSG gearbox which is the one that I'd pick if I was purchasing a Golf/Passat.

The other option you'll have shortly is the new Tiguan (launching here in the next month or so). Just to make things confusing this also has a 132TSI engine (CZPA), however it's based on the 2.0turbo GTI motor (CXDA) and is detuned to 132kW. The Tiguan has the high torque DQ500 7 speed DSG which is by far the stronger/more reliable of the 3 DSG gearboxes that you see in VW vehicles. The DQ500 DSG gearbox also gets used in the Transporter and some higher power Audis (TT-RS).

If you were going to keep the car longer term, the DQ500 is the only one I'd recommend. Though the DQ200 has certainly improved a lot since a few years ago.

Thank you for your reply.... How they can take something that can be so simple and make it so complicated is beyond me with what appears to be the same yet different engines lol

What is putting me off the petrol is the thought of having another 7sp dry clutch dq200 in the garage.... we have had nothing but issues with the 2 mk7s in our extended family ( both the wifes and the one we bought for mum ) . The GTI mk6 with the 6sp wet clutch dq250 has been a dream to own.

Might hold off until the 206tsi makes an appearance i would hate to feel like i should have been patient and missed out on a gem :)

tigger73
18-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Thank you for your reply.... How they can take something that can be so simple and make it so complicated is beyond me with what appears to be the same yet different engines lol

What is putting me off the petrol is the thought of having another 7sp dry clutch dq200 in the garage.... we have had nothing but issues with the 2 mk7s in our extended family ( both the wifes and the one we bought for mum ) . The GTI mk6 with the 6sp wet clutch dq250 has been a dream to own.

Might hold off until the 206tsi makes an appearance i would hate to feel like i should have been patient and missed out on a gem :)

Yes unfortunately I don't think your experience with the DQ200 7 speed DSG has been a single isolated incident. Hence the reason I would only recommend a DQ250 or DQ500 DSG or go base model with manual. Unfortunately there's no manual in the Passat so you either have the 140TDI or wait until September for the 206TSI, though this will be in a higher price bracket than the 132TSI.

Janko
19-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Might hold off until the 206tsi makes an appearance i would hate to feel like i should have been patient and missed out on a gem :smile:

Are you not tempted by the current offer on Passat B8 which is five year warranty and five year free service:)

Buzy_Robot
10-08-2016, 10:41 PM
MY17 B8 Passat updates are on the way, but no mention of the 206TSI:

2017 Volkswagen passenger cars updated: Added equipment, increased prices across the range (http://www.caradvice.com.au/469180/2017-volkswagen-passenger-cars-updated-added-equipment-increased-prices-across-the-range/)

Eaglehawk
11-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Damn, AllTrack misses out on the R-Line option, so no Active Info Display. :(

Janko
11-08-2016, 11:12 AM
What is the earliest we can get a MY17 manufactured in 2017?

Buzy_Robot
11-08-2016, 11:37 PM
What is the earliest we can get a MY17 manufactured in 2017?

If it's any indication, my B8 MY16 Passat was built in February 2016 and I took delivery on April 23rd 2016.

limiteded
12-08-2016, 04:53 PM
The updates including the electric memory seats and folding mirrors as standard on comfortline,140tdi, and alltrack is good, and should not have been left out from model launch last year. At least they are rectifying this.
But VW Aust should not be upping the prices to recover the inclusions of these items as standard. If they want sales growth then they cant just add equipment and up the price, they need to make people feel value is added.

the addition of active info as an option is great news, and im sure negtioation on that option will be in the dealers favour.

hopefully the luxury pack for the alltrack get revised to include paddle shifters because the fact that it doesnt have them currently is ridiculous, especially when you can get them on the golf alltrack with the sports luxury pack. Towing load downhill, especially winedy downhill, makes paddles a useful little tool.

When the sunroof becomes a separate option and not a mandatory part of the luxury pack, then ill go put my money down. I want a sunglasses holder, not glass in my roof.

my 2 cents but all these little things were the reason i ended up not going forward with the purchase of a B8 140TDI,
and instead got a fullyloaded B7 Alltrack that was minus the sunroof.

In sayin all that the B8s i test drove were in awesome and a big leap in refinement, and i love the discover pro navigation system.

Riker
16-08-2016, 06:25 PM
See following article on the upcoming farewell Wolfsburg edition Scirroco R & Beetle (http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/C7F590876024A832CA258011001BFDB3). Now skipping through that take note of the latest info about the MY17 Passat updates. Most updates we already know, 206TSi, electric memory seats, active info display etc, however the price we didn't. If the writer is presenting factual info, MY17 Passat (206TSi) will come standard with a big bag of kit at a very reasonable price leaving only the panoramic roof as an option.

This is looking very tasty fella's..........

lukebthomas
16-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Hi everyone. I was about to buy an alltrack my16. Dealer in melville,WA has told me that they couldn't get the initially promised orange version from overeast that my wife liked. They are now saying that they can vet me a luxury versioned MY17 model for an extra $1500. It'll take 1-2 months to arrive.
Is this reasonable? Anything thing i need to be thinking/looking out for?

Luke

Amalgam
17-08-2016, 02:14 PM
http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2016/volkswagen/vw-announces-206kw-passat-103490?R=103490&Cr=3&surl=aHR0cDovL2VkaXRvcmlhbHN5c3RlbS5jYXJzYWxlcy5jb 20uYXUvRGVza3RvcERlZmF1bHQuYXNweD9Ocz1wX0RhdGVBdmF pbGFibGVfRGF0ZVRpbWUlN0MxJk49Mjk4MSs0Mjk0OTY3Mjc5K zQyOTQ5NjcyODEmVGFiSUQ9MjIwODc4NiZRcGI9MSZzaWQ9MTU 2OThENUY1QjlGJk5uZT0xNQ..

Volkswagen Group Australia has announced an effective replacement for its previous-generation Passat R36 in the form of the Passat 206TSI R-Line.

To be available in sedan and wagon form, the Passat 206TSI will share its 206kW/380Nm 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine, DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission and 4MOTION all-wheel drive system with the Golf R and Passat 206TSI 4x4.

Also standard will be adaptive chassis control, dynamic LED headlights, self-parking technology and 19-inch alloys.

Priced at $57,990 plus on-road costs for the sedan and $59,990 for the wagon,

Eaglehawk
17-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Is this reasonable? Anything thing i need to be thinking/looking out for?

Luke

Pretty reasonable. I'd pay the extra for the MY17 and the wait to get the right colour.

Eaglehawk
30-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Volkswagen Passat 206TSI priced from $58k (http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/volkswagen-passat-206tsi-priced-from-58k-20160830-gr47v6.html)

Janko
30-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Is there any tangible benefit for the 206 TSI over the current 132 TSI for the extra 10K other than AWD and 1 sec headstart?

Eaglehawk
30-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Is there any tangible benefit for the 206 TSI over the current 132 TSI for the extra 10K other than AWD and 1 sec headstart?

I thought the 132TSI was a 7.6 sec car compared to 5.5...

AWD is very tangible for me...but that's an issue between me and my right foot.... =)

booba
05-09-2016, 07:20 PM
I gave up on passat.. next car will be Q7 i reckon.

Janko
05-09-2016, 10:28 PM
I gave up on passat..

Why if you would care to elaborate?

booba
05-09-2016, 11:31 PM
Why if you would care to elaborate?

vw australia are just a bunch of pricks, when i purchased my b7, there were many options available however nowdays they have some basic packs without all the options that I want.

can't even option things like they have in nz like dynaudio equivalent, electric seats etc.

Eaglehawk
05-09-2016, 11:40 PM
True.

And I'm thinking the same too...but I'm reserving my judgement when the 206TSI comes first...

DarkStar69
06-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Very true.

That is my big gripe with VAG. I can understand them not including things in the basic vehicles to be able to keep them withing the budgets they are targeting but why won't they offer them as options for those like me who would pay the extra to option them up. There attitude seems to be that i should go and buy an Audi but I don't see the sense in paying a premium of the name so no thanks.

Riker
06-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Booba, I'm sure the latest update has seen a lot of this stuff now available and included as standard (electric/memory seats etc) plus the inclusion of super dooper active screen on highline & upcoming 206tsi. Passat in top models atleast is just about fully spec loaded, the only option will be the sunroof.

booba
06-09-2016, 11:17 PM
Will see but i probably need 7 seats anyway and a well specced ex demo Q7 can be had for around 100k. really not that much more

Booba, I'm sure the latest update has seen a lot of this stuff now available and included as standard (electric/memory seats etc) plus the inclusion of super dooper active screen on highline & upcoming 206tsi. Passat in top models atleast is just about fully spec loaded, the only option will be the sunroof.

limiteded
08-09-2016, 08:29 AM
Very true.

That is my big gripe with VAG. I can understand them not including things in the basic vehicles to be able to keep them withing the budgets they are targeting but why won't they offer them as options for those like me who would pay the extra to option them up. There attitude seems to be that i should go and buy an Audi but I don't see the sense in paying a premium of the name so no thanks.

It was when John White took over the australian operations in 2013 that the options started dissappearing, but more things started to become standard. Over the 2 years he was in control he stripped options and exterior and interior colours right back, and packed more gear as standard, with very limited options. This it seems was to have an ideal vehicle avaliable for a purchaser in a reasonable time frame.
though obviously people do place factory orders and wait the 6months to recieve, it seems to be a path VW have chosen once theyve got a loyal following. Its pure arrogance of VW and the favt thatyou pay over 50k for a passenger car ie; passat golf tiguan, and cant build it as you would like is a stategy i think will eventually bite the top end buyers if not altered by micheal bartch in the next few years.

this is the reason i bought a fully loaded B7 Alltrack on runout rather than B8 passat, they didnt give options

i encourage everyone to complain to VW aust and your dealers. I have but obviously no dice thus far

Rocket36
08-09-2016, 09:16 AM
What options do people want that aren't available? Serious question.

kamold
08-09-2016, 10:21 AM
3.0tdi 4motion

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Eaglehawk
08-09-2016, 11:23 AM
B8 AllTrack with the Digital Dash. Would have been nice with the 176TDI, but I read somewhere it was a "Australian heat conditions" that stopped it from arriving.

limiteded
08-09-2016, 01:38 PM

the ability that i could not opt out a sunroof with luxury pack is my biggest gripe

electric seats and memory pack (now std though on MY17), dynaudio, interior colour choice on comfortline and all-track, choice of nappa leather on alltrack, adaptive suspension on alltrack, brown colour paint option ; which has been taken away from passat and touareg,
active info display separate to the rline pack for MY17, aerial view.

it also applies to others such as the golf, and touareg, but i will say i think the golf alltrack is the best packaging and options packs choice overall avaliable at the moment from vw.

DarkStar69
08-09-2016, 04:32 PM

I'll add to the list the 360 camera view, tow bar and inbuilt SIM connectivity, Car-Net i think it's called, traffic jam assist and pedestrian detection.

Buzy_Robot
08-09-2016, 07:21 PM
MY17 Passat details are starting to be reflected on (or should I say are beginning to trickle through) Volkswagen Australia's website. Most of the Passat pages still reflect MY16, but when I clicked on models/passat/models & pricing, I can see the following as standard features under 132TSI Comfortline:

14 way electrically adjustable front seats with massage function for the driver
Memory function for driver’s seat and exterior door mirrors
Power folding door mirrors and passenger side door mirror kerb view function
Driving Profile Selection

Now where the frack are details on the 206TSI?!?!

Riker
09-09-2016, 12:42 AM
I'd reckon later this month or October which I believe is when the 206 should be here.

MY17 Passat details are starting to be reflected on (or should I say are beginning to trickle through) Volkswagen Australia's website.

Now where the frack are details on the 206TSI?!?!

nrmoz
17-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Just taken delivery of the MY17 B8 Passat Wagon Comfortline, R Pack and 132Tsi engine. More bells and whistles than you could poke a stick at. Didn't bother with the Luxury pack - R pack brings 18 inch wheels, lowered, better suspension, sports mode, great seats (with memory, heated etc etc.... most of the car is LED lighting, has taken me three hours to set up all the stuff I want to play with... and driving is believing; best Passat yet.

Janko
18-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Just taken delivery of the MY17 B8 Passat

Nearly same pinch except that mine is Sedan and has got Rline and Luxury pack.Feeling few bumps on the road, don't you think the R-line rides a bit firm?

Rocket36
18-10-2016, 03:00 PM
That's the point of the R Line.

Janko
19-10-2016, 09:33 AM
One thing the MY17 Passat lacks is the 360 degree Area View feature that would have made tight manoeuvres a lot easier Otherwise it is a very nice car that has got all the bells and whistles.

ClassicAU
20-10-2016, 03:52 PM
B8 AllTrack with the Digital Dash. Would have been nice with the 176TDI, but I read somewhere it was a "Australian heat conditions" that stopped it from arriving.

Is this the reason why that engine is available in New Zealand but not here? I would seriously consider trading up if the twin-turbo was available!

chopper
20-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Is this the reason why that engine is available in New Zealand but not here? I would seriously consider trading up if the twin-turbo was available!

True! The 176TDI isn't available in hot weather climates... therefore we don't get it.

It would be a fantastic car!

Janko
27-10-2016, 07:21 AM
I could not see Comfort option in the Driver Profile of my Passat (132 TSI Comfortline). Don’t the Australian Passats have DCC (Adaptive Chasis Control) required for the Comfort mode?

chopper
27-10-2016, 11:53 AM
I could not see Comfort option in the Driver Profile of my Passat (132 TSI Comfortline). Don’t the Australian Passats have DCC (Adaptive Chasis Control) required for the Comfort mode?

I'm fairly sure DCC is only available on the 206TSI.

limiteded
02-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Just spoke to a dealer at sydney city vw, and an updated production list for MY17 specs has been issued, with minor changes, but a big single difference.

That is, that with both the Passat, and new Tiguan, the optional Luxury Packs avaliable to the various modes being:

Passat ; 132tsi comfortline, 140tdi highline, Alltrack

Tiguan; all comfortline models

can now be ordered with the Luxury pack, without a sunroof if preferred!

this is a factory order only and stock will not be brought into the country without sunroofs unless specifically ordered.

Apparently VW aust have recognised some people dont like glass roofs and a compromise has been made.

however, dont necessarily think that the cost of the luxury packs will be less because of this. That is yet to be confirmed, or negotiated

also, the st tropez colour leather in the highline has not been selling in high volume, with people firm on black, and there is a possibility st tropez will be phased out in the next couple of years, but not confirmed.

and finally, they think its possible that the active info display may become standard on MY 18 or MY 19 highline, but again thats speculation