PDA

View Full Version : Passat 125TDI Wagon Mod advice

VWConvert
29-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Hi guys,
I have just bought a 2011 (MY2012) Passat 125TDI Wagon and while I generally love the car, I'd like to improve it.
1. Does anyone know how to install a reversing camera? Specifically, how hard is it? Do I have to modify the head unit or do any software upgrades? Does anyone have a link to a step by step guide?

2. Does anyone know how to install a memory seat? I've looked everywhere and the only only place I think I can get one is from a wrecker. Does anyone know where I can get an installation manual or recommend where I could get a memory seat?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone gives,

Cheers,

Hillbilly
29-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Shouldnt be hard to fit a reversing camera Mine has it factory but you can buy all the bits on Fleabay. Its the one in the handle above the number plate one. Memory seats came as part of the Driver package at about $2500.
Only the drivers is the 12 way and has memory anyway. I set mine when I got it and its never changed as only I drive it.

Now have it set to slide back when I open the door to make it easier to get in and out and it pulls up to my usual setting.

By using both remotes it can be set for 2 different drivers depending on which one you use

Be a help if you said what head unit it has.

VWConvert
29-05-2016, 10:05 PM
I have the RCD 510 Premium 8 head unit. I just looked in the manual and it only has stereo and telephone functions detailed, so I don't know if this means that I'll have to upgrade the head unit to make the reverse camera work. Also, I presume that I'll have to route cables the whole length of that car or do the cameras work via bluetooth? If I need to replace the head unit, I may as well go all the way and install Sat Nav too, or would this be going too far?? I mean, is Sat Nav a hard thing to install or is it just a case of changing the head unit? Would it need it's own antenna?

Hillbilly
29-05-2016, 10:14 PM
U can run a camera on a RCD Yes cables down along under carpet trims easy to do as I put a dashcam in my rear window in the taildoor Sat nav is crap so dont waste your money And it would need a new aerial

VWConvert
29-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Thanks for that, I just noticed that you have the same car but with a number of extras, how do you find the Front assist, city EB, lane assist and adaptive cruise? I guess that it would be a mammoth effort to install these in my car?

Hillbilly
29-05-2016, 11:15 PM
Doubt you could and u would need deep pockets as well The plastic cover on the ACC in the grille on its own is nearly $400.
ACC is the bees knees wouldnt be without it Toal cost of all the fruit was well over $12000 at t0eh time I bought it

snerlo
30-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Check this out mate. Been there, done that!!
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f27/r36-wagon-rvc-install-questions-96857.html?highlight=

VWConvert
31-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Thanks Snerlo, every bit helps.