PDA

View Full Version : VW VAG CIRCUIT TRACK DAYS in Aus????

Pete Mk1
23-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Does anyone have info on this at all? I think i saw this thread on here some where but not able to find it again.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3594957

Golf Loon
26-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Thats a typical Vortex random thread.

i dont believe its a proper Vw sanctioned event.

Pete Mk1
26-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Pity It Would Be Good To Have Something Like That.

Flaps
27-12-2007, 09:32 AM

It mean's it's a VW and Audi only event not run by them.

FL00DY
23-01-2008, 11:48 AM

haha yeah lets talk typical :rolleyes: so hypocritical.

If you bothered to read the event, it's got nothing to do with VWVortex, VAG-MS are just letting us know about it. It's actually being organised between Club Audi NSW and Circuit Club, it's no different to any other non-vw sanctioned track day. Helps to read these things before shooting your mouth off.

DUB 20V
23-01-2008, 12:27 PM
haha yeah lets talk typical :rolleyes: so hypocritical.

If you bothered to read the event, it's got nothing to do with VWVortex, VAG-MS are just letting us know about it. It's actually being organised between Club Audi NSW and Circuit Club, it's no different to any other non-vw sanctioned track day. Helps to read these things before shooting your mouth off.

now now lol :D:D is anyone here entering

rennenhaus
23-01-2008, 05:34 PM
well i'm in!

should be fun!

shami
28-01-2008, 07:22 PM
hmmm i might have a crack...

anyone know how to prepare etc? obviously helmet and i wud assume just ensre ure cars in good condition tyre pressure etc?

i assume if u smash ure car it voids ure comprehensive insurance?

BL33SU
28-01-2008, 07:29 PM
if u have a crash, u get it towed and dropped off @ M4 motorway and say u crashed it there lol

shami
28-01-2008, 08:15 PM
ahaha Ray man...u always have the answers...

BL33SU
28-01-2008, 08:27 PM
ahaha Ray man...u always have the answers...

LOL!! man serioualy thats wot i heard they did on a evo/wrx track day.

VAG MS
28-01-2008, 10:33 PM
If you have the need, the need for Volkswagen speed, then you can't afford to miss out on your chance to win more automotive prizes than you can poke a drive shaft at - be part of the next Volkswagen Audi Group Motorsport series at Wakefield Park, Sunday the 24th to be part of all the action :cool:

Keep an eye on the Clubs, meets and Events forum for more details...

Drive Smart, Drive Safe, Stay Legal and save the SPEED for the Circuit - hope to see you there!

rennenhaus
29-01-2008, 08:23 AM
hmmm i might have a crack...

anyone know how to prepare etc? obviously helmet and i wud assume just ensre ure cars in good condition tyre pressure etc?

i assume if u smash ure car it voids ure comprehensive insurance?

helmet is a must (although you can rent them i believe)

tyre pressure is a definite as well. i actually had some street legal semi-slicks fitted ( federal 595RS, 235/40R18 ) for the event, and they were bloody great!

it's best not to crash haha

the thing you do is take it slow, learn the track, work your lines and then as you build confidence, increase speed a little at a time.

i had a helluva time, and highly recommend it!