PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranty for Fabia vrs

muli
27-04-2016, 07:09 AM
Anyone got extended warranty for their Fabia vrs?
First time i rang got told$1.8k and ol' mate said that was negotiable. Missus rang and got told $2k.

Difinity
27-04-2016, 07:14 AM
Yes, through my lease, and IMHO you'll need it too.
Great little car, but crap reliability and service from VW Aus.

Difinity

muli
27-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Any idea how much it was? Already had clutch done under warranty but no luck with oil issue being fixed.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

bbcrowdog
28-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Payed $1k on my octavia vRS iirc
That was at purchase time though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woofy
28-04-2016, 03:47 PM
There are the prices on the actual Skoda webpage. But you can't get the factory warranty after the car leave the dealer.

kamold
28-04-2016, 04:21 PM
If it's in warranty, call around dealers to get best price. If out of warranty talk to Kerry at Leaseworks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

woofy
28-04-2016, 04:37 PM
I didn't think you could extend a factory warranty once the car has sold anymore, years ago you could but around 2004 Australian legislation changed so it had to be at the time of sale. I had bought a few cars still under the 3 yrs and extended them out prior to that but that all ended. You can get aftermarket warranties that dealers sell, quite often through Allianz.

kamold
28-04-2016, 05:21 PM
It's semantics to some extent as to whether you call it an insurance policy or warranty but in the end they kind of amount to the same thing. You pay to potentially offset the cost of future repairs like with any insurance policy.
Some aren't worth the paper they are written on, others come close to a factory warranty.
I've not claimed on mine but from the PDS on the Allianz product (this is what VW sell as their 'factory extended warranty' and it looks good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Greg Roles
28-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Ring interstate, especially out of the way places like Adelaide. The guys down there were immediate with great up front prices and included things, were mad keen for the business, and it was worth my while to fly down and drive back, and it was a fun road trip anyhow. I did not go in considering this as an option, but got such a good deal I quickly worked out a road trip.