PDA

View Full Version : B6 Passat Side Crash Sensor (G180) Location?

onefifty370
13-03-2016, 02:15 PM
Hi All,
I have a 2008 Passat Wagon and are getting a recurring airbag fault:

01222 - Crash Sensor Side Airbag; Passenger Side (G180)
010 - Open or Short to Plus - MIL ON

Does anyone have a firm idea where this sensor actually is and how to get to it? I've seen a number of suggestions including under the passenger seat (nope - there are only A/C ducts), in the b-pillar (I think this is B5 only), in the door on the outer side (HTF do I get to that?!?!), or in the engine bay.

Thanks
Mike

booba
14-03-2016, 06:12 PM
for the door, you should be able to remove the door card then undo a bunch of large torx bolts to remove door skin.

Umai Naa!!
14-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Crash sensor is under the rear seat base, on the wheel arch. Bright yellow, can't miss it.

onefifty370
14-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Hmm. OK, I managed to find one in the door, but on the inner side. Eventually worked out how to get the door card off and found it riveted to the inside panel (no need to remove anything else). Interestingly it wasn't blue like all the pictures suggest and it has a part number that I cannot reconcile anywhere (??).

Not sure about the one under the rear set - will have to have a look next weekend. This may be a more likely failure point as it is under my kids booster seat - who knows what kind of muck end up under the seat : S