PDA

View Full Version : Should I keep my B6 Passat TDI wagon?

OilBurna
09-03-2016, 08:09 AM
2007 TDI 103kw wagon, almost 103,000km. Was planning to keep this for a while longer at it has still only done relatively low km, everything still works 100%, has zero rattles, nothing is falling off or broken and still drives extremely well, apart from feeling a bit "floaty" which I assume is the shocks. Have had zero issues with the DSG and still shifts as smooth as silk.

However after recent incident with no. 1 injector failing again and taking out the wiring loom again which cost approx $1,800 to fix I am doubting it's longer term longevity.

Might give it one more chance and see how I go, after recent service / inspection no issues were found apart from a very small oil leak at the back of the turbo which is a seal which is easy to get to.

Only other issue I am worried about is the air con takes a while to cool the car down if parked outside on hot days.

Timing belt and water pump have already been done at last major service.

Is it a ticking time bomb or should I give the old girl another chance?. I catch the train / bus to work do it is not doing that many km's either.

saint70
09-03-2016, 08:54 AM
I have crd tdi 2009 passat and i plan keep it until end :-) if i had pd engine, i would change
..just because injector issues. Dsg should not be problem since you using wet 6 speed.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

OilBurna
09-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Thanks saint I was hoping the injectors had a revised design and would not suffer the same issue may have to research if there is anyone that can repair them at all... Or keep an eye out for a CR engine going cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saint70
09-03-2016, 09:02 AM
One of mine friend becomes regular vw visitor due injector issues on his golf...first one then two and at end all four gone ( last one replaced under goodwill). He sold car and now drives golf r ;-) happy man...
I am not sure about new version of injectors...maybe someone else can help regards that issue..

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

OilBurna
09-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Thanks I am contacting VW to see what they say there was a recall done on my car where they checked all injectors but they said as they had been previously replaced then new ones did not need to be fitted. Becomes dangerous as the car could potentially stop at any time even on the freeway with a B double up your clacker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fred Nurk
07-05-2016, 01:24 PM
It'd be worth getting the AC looked at as well, my 2012 Tiguan slowly got worse and worse to cool the car, figured it was just hot days, eventually took it in, the compressor is stuffed (not the control valve either). Yours is an older model, so may not quite have the same issues, but its worth finding out if it is actually a problem.
Apparently the control valves on the later models go as well, much cheaper to fix, but may not be fitted on yours, it might have a clutch instead.