PDA

View Full Version : Proud Owner

NicZA
18-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi All

One proud owner of a Octavia Elegance 1.8T sedan. 2 Weeks old now, but still finding new things on it :)
Glad I got the petrol turbo, like the better response I get and wow does it haul :D

NicZA

DaveMack
18-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Congrats, Nic ... we want pics!!! :D Welcome to the forum.

Dave

DanSA
18-12-2007, 02:47 PM
;)
Hi All

One proud owner of a Octavia Elegance 1.8T sedan. 2 Weeks old now, but still finding new things on it :)
Glad I got the petrol turbo, like the better response I get and wow does it haul :D

NicZA

Great to hear of another 1.8 owner :D What options did you get and colour?

Its a great engine huh..
10 wks to go, mine is being built in Feb08..

gregozedobe
18-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Glad you like it so much. Just curious, "better resonse" than which engine/s ?
The Skoda 1.8T is on my "to be investigated" list at the moment (along with the 2.0T RS ).

NicZA
18-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi all again, thanks for the warm welcome.
I got the Anthracite grey, with black cloth interior.
Features: Automatic wipers/headlights/dimming rear view mirror, Dual Zone Climate control, rear parking assist, plus all the standard options too.
Had the protection pack applied with window tint. So looks good, will get some pics on soon.
I liked the 1.8T over the 1.9 and 2.0 turbo diesel, coz of engine response (revs so freely and happily :) ). I initially wanted a diesel for economy coz I do regular 500km roundtrips on weekends, but after driving the petrol, wow :) There is also something special about being able to change a few gears, apply gas and ur off like a rocket, makes overtaking a dream :D Also stated combined economy not much more than diesel. My sales'lady' was driving the 2.0 petrol RS as a work commute and her personal preference was the 1.8T as well. If your convinced on the diesel, the 2.0TDI is the way to go, the 1.9 is pretty weak, quite a noticable difference between the 2. My personal opinion is, the 1.8T is the pick of the engine bunch at the moment.

NicZA

gregozedobe
18-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks for that useful info Nic. The 1.9 TDI didn't make my list of contenders, but the 125Kw TDI would if they ever bring it in :)

junior
19-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Congrats on the new car, I agree with dave, post some pics.

Interesting thoughts on the power plants, will be interesting to see what others say as they start to sell a few more.

DanSA
19-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Really interesting Nic as you sound like you were in a very similar position to me.

We have the 2.0TDi in our Golf and it is a great engine - love the torque and the 6.0L/100k real world economy.
It was going to be my 1st choice of engine in the new SKoda, as I also do circa 500k per week.

However, after testing the 1.8T and not needing an auto as before, I couldn't really justify the extra cost. It would have taken approx 5yrs to recoup the money back, and i will prolly change before then anyway.. The flexibility and economoy of the engine is great , plus its a sweet 6 speed..
(and no tractor noise!)

If cash was no issue, my pick would be a 4mo 2.0 TDi wagon and chipping it to 125kw/380Nm, then dropping it with 17's - now that would be a weapon! :cool:

NicZA
19-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Took a pic of my car, gotta admire its lines :)

phaeton
19-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Congrats Nic nice car j:

Looks like you live in the middle of nowhere (did some research interesting place), what have the locals thought of your car ?

Lukev85
20-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Took a pic of my car, gotta admire its lines :)

thats nice mate, its great to see more skoda owners on the forum

NicZA
25-12-2007, 09:58 AM
The locals heads have been twisting off a little more than usual. I was behind this one guy in a old ute, could see him looking at the car all the time in his rear views, lol :)
The pic was taken on the airport, prob see some of the buildings in the background, pretty much middle of nowhere :)