PDA

View Full Version : QLD - TimeAttack 2016

seangti
21-01-2016, 09:37 AM
With a generally successful 2015 done and dusted, it’s time for the growing wolfpack to focus on 2016 events.

2015 banter can be found here (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f51/qld-timeattack-2015-a-102659.html).

I thought I may try maintain this first post with some results/lap times as the year progresses. So by way of 2016 events, I think we’re all keen to focus on Lakeside TimeAttack. Below are the dates of TA events.

Saturday 12th March
Saturday 11th June
Sunday 31st July
Sunday 28th August
Sunday 6 November

Additional events we’re committed to:
- Ben and I are heading to Sydney to run at SMSP (Eastern Creek) on 22nd February.
- Ben and Al running at Gatton Sprints on 5 & 6 March.
- We’ll have to arrange for another Morgan Park weekend and perhaps a QR run throughout the year.

Wolfpack welcomes Richie Guile and encourages new entrants. The initiating rituals aren’t too daunting and can generally be avoided with beer. :rolleyes:

Current PB’s for Lakeside
- Alan - Golf GTI - 60.29*
- Ben - Golf R: - 60.8*
- Sean - Poli (:P) GTI- 63.1*
- Nat - Golf R - 63.83
- Richie - S3 - TBA

*denotes time ran on semi slicks.

Mad TT 08
21-01-2016, 09:40 AM
With a generally successful 2015 done and dusted, it’s time for the growing wolfpack to focus on 2016 events.

2015 banter can be found here (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f51/qld-timeattack-2015-a-102659.html).

I thought I may try maintain this first post with some results/lap times as the year progresses. So by way of 2016 events, I think we’re all keen to focus on Lakeside TimeAttack. Below are the dates of TA events.

Saturday 12th March
Saturday 11th June
Sunday 31st July
Sunday 28th August
Sunday 6 November

- Ben and I are heading to Sydney to run at SMSP (Eastern Creek) on 22nd February.
- We’ll have to arrange for another Morgan Park weekend and perhaps a QR run throughout the year.

Wolfpack welcomes Richie Guile and encourages new entrants. The initiating rituals aren’t too daunting and can generally be avoided with beer. :rolleyes:

-Alan - Golf GTI - 60.29*
-Ben - Golf R: - 60.8*
-Sean - Poli ([emoji14]) GTI- 63.1*
-Nat - Golf R - 63.83
-Richie - S3 - TBA

Sean
I booked and paid for..
Looking to do all of LS and as many QR as I can get too
The Wolfpack grows
Cheers Barry

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

seangti
21-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Sensational Barry, I'll add a spot for you in the above post.

Just ask Paul Ruzic to have a pit bay near us to make it a bit more sociable. Though once the day starts it's hard to be sociable as we're all out at different times.

Machine
21-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Great thread. Subscribed :popcorn:
And that bit about beer is VERY important. There must be beer brought to the track with time factored in to enjoy it! :drinkbeer:

Mad TT 08
21-01-2016, 07:12 PM
I hate to disapoint...I don't drink
But I can supply....
Ive had more beers than hot dinners and more fights than f@#cks...so I grew up.. and spent my money on other things...like houses and euro's
Hope your not dissapionted guys

Machine
21-01-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm not disappointed, I'm mad :x
Only kidding, drinking isn't for everybody; as long as I can do this in front of you :beer: , it's all good!

nat225
21-01-2016, 10:00 PM
bring on 2016!

we need more euro cars at the qld motorsport events. hopefully one day the euros active motorsport gang can grow as big as the mx5 and brz 86 clubs :D

An7on
22-01-2016, 12:15 AM
I'm all paid up too.
June 11th will be my first run at Lakeside.
No QR for me.

seangti
22-01-2016, 09:18 AM
more fights than f@#cks...so

:icon27:

That's funny, you can stay.

Mad TT 08
22-01-2016, 03:12 PM
:icon27:

That's funny, you can stay.
Pity I've only had 2 fights lol

Water Boy
22-01-2016, 06:56 PM
I noticed there is 4 layouts at QR. Do they sprint all?

Machine
22-01-2016, 07:48 PM
I noticed there is 4 layouts at QR. Do they sprint all?

At every Time Attack event at QR, they run both the Sprint and the Clubman circuits.

grandturismo
22-01-2016, 10:31 PM
VAG representing in 2016 Wolfies....looking forward to hanging out with you all. You may see Mr Harding out in his Scirocco this year. Great to see him sponsoring the event too.

What categories/class are we all in?

An7on
22-01-2016, 11:05 PM
VAG representing in 2016 Wolfies....looking forward to hanging out with you all. You may see Mr Harding out in his Scirocco this year. Great to see him sponsoring the event too.

Judging by the rules, Street Tuned Class B3: Forced Induction from 2 Litres, Forced Induction Rotaries & N/A From than 4 Litres...I think.
Rockin' it out with Byron's XR5 and the Nissans.

Mad TT 08
23-01-2016, 03:07 AM

Hi Allen
I'll be in street A3..I haven't upgraded Brake calipers..
2016 should be good

PGTI
23-01-2016, 06:44 PM

Saturday 12th March
Saturday 11th June
Sunday 31st July
Sunday 28th August
Sunday 6 November

- Alan - Golf GTI - 60.29*
- Ben - Golf R: - 60.8*
- Sean - Poli (:P) GTI- 63.1*
- Nat - Golf R - 63.83
- Richie - S3 - TBA

I would be keen on the Morgan Park weekend if the date suits and you want some more people

seangti
24-01-2016, 06:43 PM
I would be keen on the Morgan Park weekend if the date suits and you want some more people

Ok, once we know what's going on I'll probably post up in this thread. We would likely be spread across 2 groups like last time depending on driver experience.

Machine
24-01-2016, 08:14 PM
AWD Performance Class (C4)

An7on
25-01-2016, 08:51 AM
In regards to appropriate clothing to satisfy this rule:
Check that your clothing is long sleeved, neck to wrist to ankle.
There doesn't seem to be a stipulation regarding FIA approved suit etc.
Is a long sleeve cotton T shirt with jeans the bare minimum they will allow?
I was thinking of picking up a less expensive OMP suit from Race-line...
OMP Sport OS10 Race Suit (http://raceline-racewear.com.au/omp-sport-os10-race-suit.html)
OMP Sport FIA Race Suit (http://raceline-racewear.com.au/omp-sport-fia-race-suit.html)

Is it better to get a suit?

nat225
25-01-2016, 08:58 AM
In regards to appropriate clothing to satisfy this rule:
Check that your clothing is long sleeved, neck to wrist to ankle.
There doesn't seem to be a stipulation regarding FIA approved suit etc.
Is a long sleeve cotton T shirt with jeans the bare minimum they will allow?
I was thinking of picking up a less expensive OMP suit from Race-line...
OMP Sport OS10 Race Suit (http://raceline-racewear.com.au/omp-sport-os10-race-suit.html)
OMP Sport FIA Race Suit (http://raceline-racewear.com.au/omp-sport-fia-race-suit.html)

Is it better to get a suit?
always better with a race suit.

i dont use one myself though. jeans and long sleeve cotton t shirt and gloves all i have..

Machine
25-01-2016, 09:12 AM
If you get one, get blue; red's already taken.

An7on
25-01-2016, 05:18 PM
My cut and paste skills are l337…
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/image_zpsyaj9a6rx-1.jpg (http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/karlstiege/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsyaj9a6rx.jpg.html)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/image_zpswimoqi1x-1.jpg (http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/karlstiege/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswimoqi1x.jpg.html)

grandturismo
25-01-2016, 07:12 PM
LOL nice work K man.
I've decided to run R compound only this year. It's Holy Grail time.

Sean will u be running the Poli in the N/A Rotary class this year?

An7on
26-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Another request for suggestions. What about tow hooks.
I remember being told the alloy tow hooks are rubbish because they bend under load. I'm not planning to leave the black stuff...but I just want to be sure that I can be towed if required.
Alloy tow hook a la...
OR
Is the factory cast iron tows the better option.

Anything better to consider?

grandturismo
26-01-2016, 06:58 PM
I can definitely tell u that alloy tow hooks do bend under load but they are lighter. If you don't plan on leaving the black stuff both work perfectly well. I bought a ribbon style for this year, hopefully I won't need it but having said that, you could just run out of fuel and need a pull back to the pits...right machine?

Machine
26-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Another request for suggestions. What about tow hooks.
I remember being told the alloy tow hooks are rubbish because they bend under load. I'm not planning to leave the black stuff...but I just want to be sure that I can be towed if required.
Alloy tow hook a la...
OR
Is the factory cast iron tows the better option.

Anything better to consider?

Unless weight or looks concern you, I don't think there's anything better than the factory tow hooks. My car came with one and I bought an extra one, so I can screw in to both front and rear. I've used them, too, a couple of times without issue.

Machine
26-01-2016, 07:06 PM
I can definitely tell u that alloy tow hooks do bend under load but they are lighter. If you don't plan on leaving the black stuff both work perfectly well. I bought a ribbon style for this year, hopefully I won't need it but having said that, you could just run out of fuel and need a pull back to the pits...right machine?

Exactly. If you like to use every drop of fuel in the tank and go for those PB's with the lightest possible car, you definitely need a tow hook!

An7on
26-01-2016, 08:14 PM
I think a second OEM hook will be the go.
I think I'll hit up the wreckers.

nat225
26-01-2016, 08:24 PM
I think a second OEM hook will be the go.
I think I'll hit up the wreckers.
saw one on ebay at one point for $20 only

seangti
27-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Sean will u be running the Poli in the N/A Rotary class this year?

I think it's C3, performance class, same as you perhaps. I emailed Paul last week about the categorizing of last year having me in the NA class. The class and points won't matter to me, going to be a tail ender anyhow. Unless there's a Poli class, should do well in that.

My holy grail would be cracking into the 61s, not sure that's realistic. Mid 62 I'll be chuffed.