PDA

View Full Version : T5 Door speakers

Bluerex
15-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Not sure if this belongs in the Audio forum, but.... has anyone upgraded their door speakers? I am curious as to what was used, spacers etc.
Also I discovered that the "grills" on the dash are empty... anyone mounted tweeters here?

Charles.

95vr6
15-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Not sure if this belongs in the Audio forum, but.... has anyone upgraded their door speakers? I am curious as to what was used, spacers etc.
Also I discovered that the "grills" on the dash are empty... anyone mounted tweeters here?

Charles.

I have factory Bluapunkt tweeters in my dash with 7" mid bass driver in the door, made up a 10" sub box to go between the seats with a 4 channel amp, sounds great.What spec is your T5?

Bluerex
16-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I just became the proud owner of a T5 Crewvan (128kw 4 Motion). Love it!!
I went out this morning and bought a pair of Jaycar Kevlar 6.5" splits. No sub yet :D but watch this space. The speaker upgrade is a stop-gap until I can afford a new head unit (thinking Pioneer AVIC)

Pics to come if/when it stop raining

C

Transporter
16-12-2007, 10:06 PM
I just became the proud owner of a T5 Crewvan (128kw 4 Motion). Love it!!
I went out this morning and bought a pair of Jaycar Kevlar 6.5" splits. No sub yet :D but watch this space. The speaker upgrade is a stop-gap until I can afford a new head unit (thinking Pioneer AVIC)

Pics to come if/when it stop raining

C

Hm Pioneer AVIC - very expensive but the best (at least in my books). They have it atm for around $3100 plus installation.
I'm looking around for replacement for my standard radio in my T5. I saw ALPINE and also KENWOOD for around $1500 but no GPS and not as good as AVIC.:)
Cheers
MRL T5