PDA

View Full Version : Caddy Questions

RRR036
03-01-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm planning to buy a (LHD) Caddy van next month in Europe. Lots of options over there I imagine but I do need to make sure it's Euro 5 or higher emissions standards (2010 or later I believe) to import to my home country.

I have a heap of questions I'm hoping the gurus can help me out with:

1. Which engine should I be going for? Are any of them problematic? Are any of them completely gutless? I don't expect a performance beast (obviously), but I live in the mountains so something not too sluggish would be ideal.
2. I believe the Touran front/rear smooth/painted bumpers fit the Caddy. Is this for the non-facelift model only? The facelift model looks very similar to the Golf, but I'm unsure if the bumpers fit?
3. I want the standard Caddy (no rear windows), but will want a rear seat. What do I need to install these? Is there a particular model of Caddy that doesn't require welding?

I'm trying to make sure I buy the right base model as I intend on doing the whole lot - wheels, coilovers, bumpers, front seats, head unit, sound proofing, rear seats. If I'm better off buying a specific model I'd like to know now. Any help is appreciated - the info is hard to find on the British forums!

Cheers

Tonz
07-01-2016, 09:04 AM
If your Australian why buy a LHD model? The conversion to RHD would blow your budget. If you are moving back to Europe then there are german , portugese and british forums that will help you.

The british scene will give you far better options than here. I suggest you look closely at Caddy2k.com - Home of the VW caddy MK3 2k & Maxi owners club forum (http://www.caddy2K.com) if that forum doesn't have the answers on your conversion and modding thoughts then it is impossible. What those guys do to their Caddys just blows your mind. R32 motor into Caddy van for instance. there are many people doing the seat conversions as well.