PDA

View Full Version : Ordered! Octavia Wagon 1.8TFSi

DanSA
12-12-2007, 09:25 AM
See new thread - ordered an RS instead :)

Placed an order this morning after having the car overnight. Got the price i was asking and delivery is scheduled for early March. :)
So now the wait begins...... :(

Specs:
Octavia 1.8TFSi Wagon, Elegance 6M (08 build)
Anthracite metalic
Electric Sunroof
Electric memory seat
Sports suspension with Pegasus 17" wheels
$40,200 on road, which equates to $1,900 discount. :cool:

Happy chappy..

Plicata
12-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Very nice! Did you want an 08 build or were there just none in stock to your spec? Did they include floor mats or any other bits?

DanSA
12-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah, wanted an 08 build (for resale) but also had to be a forward order due to none in stock with these specs. Works out well. :)

I'm only after the rubber floor mats and boot protector, and ill get em when i pick her up as they didnt have any yet to show me.
(wonders if Golf ones will fit...)

Wonder when Oettinger will have a chip available for the new 1.8.. :rolleyes:
Under development apparently.

phaeton
12-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Congrats on your purchase Dan :D

docjames
12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Sounds good.

CanberravRS
12-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Nice one DANsa... glad to see another Octavia on the road.
:D

XXX-1.8T
13-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, wanted an 08 build (for resale) but also had to be a forward order due to none in stock with these specs. Works out well. :)

I'm only after the rubber floor mats and boot protector, and ill get em when i pick her up as they didnt have any yet to show me.
(wonders if Golf ones will fit...)

Wonder when Oettinger will have a chip available for the new 1.8..
Under development apparently.

Congrats mate TBH im a little turned of the white some reason but it looks good i think im going for the race blue :)

BTW APR/Oettinger already have the flash available pm Guy_H ;)

here is the link on the Oett site :)

http://www.oettinger.de/navi_e.php?motor_id=1015

oh now i see urs is a 1.8T hehehee

DanSA
13-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah emailed Guy, they are working on it, but the code hasn't been craked yet. Hopefully by next year there will be something available.. :cool:

(the 1.8 link on their site is for the old 1.8T RS, still available in NZ)

Go the blue mate..;)

DanSA
19-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Order confirmed by factory today with consignment number. Scheduled for production in Feb.

NicZA
19-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Bet ur carving a nice grove into ur carpet with the pacing :)

CanberravRS
20-12-2007, 07:30 AM
LOL... well said NIC...

I think i did the same just with my 1 month wait for my RS.

shogun2
24-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Hi Dan,
I see on other threads you have the Golf up for private sale. Did you try for a trade of the Golf? If so, what did they offer?
Cheers,
Rod

DanSA
24-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Hi Rod, long time no speak..

We will have the Golf up for sale in the new year, but won't be bothering re trade in, am in no particular rush..

Hasn't missed abeat in our 3 yrs of ownership - good car..

shogun2
27-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Good to hear from you again.
I've been a bit of a recluse - work's getting a bit busy.
I just started the ball rolling with the other half today - started talking about the Golf being nearly three years old, and pointed to the review in the Advertiser today on the GT-TDI. If VW had it out when I first looked at the Golf Comfortline it would have been the one. Now I think I'll have a look at Skoda, but maybe I could wait until the new Scirroco comes to Oz (something a bit different).

DanSA
02-01-2008, 09:45 AM
A friend of ours who bought a TDi at the same time we did has just ordered a new GT TDi. Wanted more grunt and handling , plus a bit more of a 'special' feel. (grill, seats etc)

Takes deliv in Feb i think..

I suppose at the end of the day it comes down to what you want from it and if you want to drive a quick , capable sleeper (everyone thinks its a normal TDi) or if you want a sense of occasion - if so then the GT, otherwise id go with upgrades as I think you will loose more with buy/sell option.

Good luck with it and keep us updated :cool:

One option may be to find someone who has ditched their GTi suspension/wheel package - cost effect mod with proven results.

shogun2
03-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi Dan,
The other half and I have decided that a trip to Europe in March will come before any upgrades at this time - so - busy organising flights rather than upgrades/trades on a GT TDI. If things go well at work, maybe, just maybe, I can have both ...:)

DanSA
04-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Sounds good Rod, enjoy! :)

shogun2
04-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Solitaire just offered me $23K trade on a GT-TDI for the Golf V, 2L TDI, Leather. I still have six months before it's 3 years old. The dealer's trying to get me to do the deal now, rather than in 6 months. Says the Comfortline is about to be upgraded, which would mean ours would be worth less.
Will think about it for a bit.

DanSA
05-01-2008, 07:07 PM
You did better than a friend who was going for a GT TDi, they got offered 21k from solitaire! dreamin.....

They bought interstate for 2k less... ;)

DanSA
14-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Just got a call from the stealer - delay in production , wont see the car until mid April now. (was meant to be mid March)

Not happy jan.. :(:(

shogun2
14-01-2008, 08:52 PM
You did better than a friend who was going for a GT TDi, they got offered 21k from solitaire! dreamin.....

They bought interstate for 2k less... ;)
Ours has leather and tow bar, which may account for the difference. Also only done 27,000 Kms