PDA

View Full Version : R36 Front Bumper replacement recommendation?

luongie
21-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Just came back from the shops, after watching spectre, whilst a great movie the night didn't end so well:facepalm:. The bottom lip of the front bumper got caught on the concrete bar at the car park and had to remove that. On close inspection when I got home, it appears more damage to the front bumper. So looks like a replacement is required to be on the safe side even though all the turning lights and sensors are still working. Anyone have any experience with the cost of sourcing a front bumper and having it replaced? Cant seem to find any posts on removing a bumper.

Cheers.

snerlo
21-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Literally just happened to mine too mate a couple of weeks ago. Had a panel shop put it back on. Its not 100% perfect but the cost of a replacement bumper is quite expensive!

ASR36
22-11-2015, 05:30 AM
I had a shop repair and weld the bumper and refit. Was a lot cheaper than a new bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luongie
22-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the replies. May take take to a shop tomorrow and see how I go. Might not be able to live with a dodgy looking bumper. May explore the insurance route if possible.

XXX-1.8T
23-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Mate did his rear bumper and it is $1800 + GST so front will be same or more :(

Joey
26-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Mine was near destroyed by a flying tread from a truck tyre separation. Repair guy said the replacement was well over the $800 excess on insurance.

luongie
27-11-2015, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone!! Going through the insurance route which will provide comfort she'll be back to her good self. Just a challenge now we are so close to Xmas.

VSO827
04-12-2015, 09:08 PM
I would definitely try to call the local wreckers. Sometimes you can find a bargain!

xR360
15-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone!! Going through the insurance route which will provide comfort she'll be back to her good self. Just a challenge now we are so close to Xmas.

Any update on your quotes etc? I've had mine since the car was transported (thanks to CEVA) they scrapped it up pretty shifty! Want to get it looked but also a few stone chips I'd prefer gone.
I do recall someone having a blue hardcore tape that almost exact colour match for this very purpose... Does anyone recall?
Cheers

luongie
15-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Any update on your quotes etc? I've had mine since the car was transported (thanks to CEVA) they scrapped it up pretty shifty! Want to get it looked but also a few stone chips I'd prefer gone.
I do recall someone having a blue hardcore tape that almost exact colour match for this very purpose... Does anyone recall?
Cheers

I ended up going with insurance as the bar could not be salvaged or repaired. Will be having it repaired next month so in the meantime using a blue tape I sourced from super cheap to hold the bumper together. Re ceva, I'm assuming they won't take responsibility as the bumper is lower than their stated clearance height.

xR360
16-12-2015, 07:15 PM
I ended up going with insurance as the bar could not be salvaged or repaired. Will be having it repaired next month so in the meantime using a blue tape I sourced from super cheap to hold the bumper together. Re ceva, I'm assuming they won't take responsibility as the bumper is lower than their stated clearance height.

Spot on luongie, it's a shame but I guess it happens.
How does the blue tape stack up? Could you post a pic?

luongie
29-12-2015, 09:47 AM
The tape is only a temporary measure and is certainly not a colour match and I wouldn't be using it over the long term as the tape tends to move a bit, and with it leaves a trail of the tape glue.

Spot on luongie, it's a shame but I guess it happens.
How does the blue tape stack up? Could you post a pic?

xR360
29-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Fair call mate, cheers