PDA

View Full Version : Jetta Cold Air Intake and Exhaust

fatpop
15-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Hey,

I was looking at getting a cold air intake for a bit of extra performance, what is recommended for a 1.4Tsi? Where could i get it from and is it easy enough to install myself?

Secondly any recommendations for a good exhaust? Something that'll give that nice european sound. Post videos if you have any :)

Thanks in advance

Haydennedyah
16-11-2015, 07:23 AM
Hey,

I was looking at getting a cold air intake for a bit of extra performance, what is recommended for a 1.4Tsi? Where could i get it from and is it easy enough to install myself?

Secondly any recommendations for a good exhaust? Something that'll give that nice european sound. Post videos if you have any :)

Thanks in advance

Hey fatpop
Heres a thread I made couple months ago
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f155/air-intake-question-107904.html
That should help.
As for exhaust theres not really many for a jetta. But from memory there is "jetex" not sure where or how you can get that brand though. Maybe get a custom made one.
I just deleted the rear muffler and may delete the second muffler but at the moment i like the sound.

pocketpunch
12-01-2016, 02:56 PM
I just received a varex muffler from ebay, 2.5inch inlet with 3" twintips.
I'll be installing it with a catback for sound and a stage 1 tune.

2014 Jetta 118TSi manual.

DV+, RNS-510

Martin
12-01-2016, 03:02 PM
I reckon the CAI is a waste of money - you won't get any performance gains, but you do get some cool induction noise

The_Hawk
12-01-2016, 07:49 PM
I reckon the CAI is a waste of money - you won't get any performance gains, but you do get some cool induction noise

There is a little bit in it, but not a huge amount and probably not worth what you pay for them, but it's a simple mod and why not!

With a little creative pipework I think you could get a generic one in there if you don't want to spend the $$ on the Forge or APR one, the most complex piece is the bit that connects to the stock air intake point which provides a feed from outside, otherwise your left sucking hot air under the bonnet.

If someone was to measure, design and 3D print that one coupling part (modelled off the stock part) and sell it with a generic filter and pipe they could be onto something!

I'd like to think that there is lots of R&D into nice clean air flow that has gone into the Forge or APR units and that's the the reason they cost so much. I don't know if anyone has ever tested (or can) if it really makes any difference.