PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Jetta, wheel recommendations

fatpop
12-11-2015, 08:27 AM
Hey,

I have recently purchased a white trendline jetta. I was hoping to put some black golf r wheels on there, like the ones in the link.
http://www.moibbk.com/images/volkswagen-golf-r-black-1.jpg

What are people's thoughts? What size would you go with on a jetta? what would suit more/look better 18 or 19"?

If you have already done this, photos would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Haydennedyah
12-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Hey,

I have recently purchased a white trendline jetta. I was hoping to put some black golf r wheels on there, like the ones in the link.
http://www.moibbk.com/images/volkswagen-golf-r-black-1.jpg

What are people's thoughts? What size would you go with on a jetta? what would suit more/look better 18 or 19"?

If you have already done this, photos would be much appreciated.

Thanks

IMO
19 to big,
18 is perfect just as long as its lowered.
do they come in different sizes?

brad
12-11-2015, 10:44 AM
18s or the tyre/wheel proportion will look odd & your brakes will look lost

CannonShane
12-11-2015, 11:18 AM
I also have a white trend line, I'm going 19's, the 18's just look way to small to me. I've spent hours researching on USA forums etc and I have to admit I prefer the look of 19's. Hell half the models come factory with 18's these days. Not to mention there isn't that many styles in 18's that I like for 5x112. All personal preference though.

Haydennedyah
12-11-2015, 12:23 PM
I also have a white trend line, I'm going 19's, the 18's just look way to small to me. I've spent hours researching on USA forums etc and I have to admit I prefer the look of 19's. Hell half the models come factory with 18's these days. Not to mention there isn't that many styles in 18's that I like for 5x112. All personal preference though.

Yeh 18 x 7 from factory,
Thats why you go wide and have less offset rather then +45 rather then tall, Well if want to lower it lower that is.
Say that SOME 19s look good but with the small fenders on a jetta... are you going to role your guards?
what offset did you end up deciding on?

CannonShane
12-11-2015, 04:09 PM
I haven't decided on wheels just yet but they will probably be 19x8.5 +45. The way i look at it is, Some golf's come with 19's from factory. And they are even smaller than a Jetta, hell when i look out my window now my Jetta looks bigger than my r34 skyline. Which has 18's and even they look small from certain angles.

fatpop
12-11-2015, 11:30 PM
I was thinking of getting 19x8.5 +45 as well and just undecided if they will look too big and awkward. The way i think about it is that most cars come with factory 18" so putting 18" on really doesn't sound that big. If i were to put 19" would they fit? would tghe car need to be lowered immediately? will it look too high?

CannonShane
13-11-2015, 06:02 AM
You would want to lower it on 19's, as at stock height it will look a bit silly. Plenty of Jetta in the states run 19's and it looks fine as long as the car is sitting ok.

Haydennedyah
13-11-2015, 06:53 AM
Eh depends on what look your going for 19inch you will be higher up unless you slam it but then you may have fitment issues EG: shocks, guard, you will also need to get a low profile tyre because you will already be filling up the guard.
But if you can pull it off it will look decent.

I just feel the BIG wheel look is from early 2000s.
Saying that though I have seen many Jettas/Golfs running 19s if not more in the states, as they have air bag suspension and hard park there vehicles and do crazy modifications.
All about fitment, If you can make them bad boys fit in your guard, drop the hieght and still have some sort of poke or be flush (if your going for that look) then it will look sick. Dependent on wheel choice.
What wheels are you looking at?
Pics?
Also on a side note I would be more incline going for less positive offset, as from factory wheels come out normaly at +45.

RubbaDubba
21-11-2015, 12:53 AM

18s are the way.

- more comfort for daily drives vs 19s
- cheaper tyres then 19s

I prefer oem wheels over aftermarket. So my personal taste include Audi s4 s-line 5 spoke. Passat cc. Or Audi q5.

In my search for wheels. I tried on the Audi wheels. Classy look, not so racy for unwanted attention. You can see in the photo that it sits flush. These were going at $800. Downside even tho they fit is that they need hub rings. Just annoying to need extras.

I ended up getting ct-g wheels. They had the right tyres, bought at a good price. No hub ring. Pictures to come next week

Sent from my HTC_0PFJ50 using Tapatalk

RubbaDubba
21-11-2015, 12:56 AM

18s are the way.

- more comfort for daily drives vs 19s
- cheaper tyres then 19s

I prefer oem wheels over aftermarket. So my personal taste include Audi s4 s-line 5 spoke. Passat cc. Or Audi q5.

In my search for wheels. I tried on the Audi wheels. Classy look, not so racy for unwanted attention. You can see in the photo that it sits flush. These were going at $800. Downside even tho they fit is that they need hub rings. Just annoying to need extras.

I ended up getting ct-g wheels. They had the right tyres, bought at a good price. No hub ring. Pictures to come next week

Sorry. It can't see that it's flush in photo. But it was flush. My jettas lowered in gti springs and shocks btw

pocketpunch
11-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Have you got a pic of your new wheels?

Also, the Jetta sits well on mk6 gti springs and dampers?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

CannonShane
15-01-2016, 08:00 AM
These are 19's, I reckon they are the perfect size.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21038&stc=1

RubbaDubba
17-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Have you got a pic of your new wheels?

Also, the Jetta sits well on mk6 gti springs and dampers?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Yeap. Golf mk 5 shocks and springs

pocketpunch
17-01-2016, 02:15 PM
Yeap. Golf mk 5 shocks and springs

That's a beautiful jetta right there !

I suppose I wouldn't be wrong to assume mk6 suspension would fit too... If mk5 fits?
Unless there is no difference and mk5 components are at a lower cost due to generation advance?

2014 Jetta 118TSi manual.

DV+, RNS-510

RubbaDubba
17-01-2016, 02:20 PM
That's a beautiful jetta right there !

I suppose I wouldn't be wrong to assume mk6 suspension would fit too... If mk5 fits?
Unless there is no difference and mk5 components are at a lower cost due to generation advance?

2014 Jetta 118TSi manual.

DV+, RNS-510
Thanks. It would be a fair assumption that it fit.