PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Jetta Issue (Rattle on idle)

CannonShane
09-11-2015, 07:28 PM
So since the day i picked up my Manual TSi Jetta new from the dealer it has made a strange noise when in N at idle, Almost like a slapping/rattle noise that disappears as soon as you put the clutch in.
VW has had the car multiple times and its been "fixed" every time or so they say. Yet the issue still comes back every now and then, Cant really pin point exactly when it does this noise. Car can be warm, cold start etc and it just randomly does it. So far they have put a new clutch in, throw out bearing and even completely replaced the gearbox itself. But its still there. Anyone got any ideas ? Im getting sick of taking the damn thing back, its a new car for god sake.

The One
09-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Well evidently it's not gearbox related.....

Im sure they have got technical involved since they have had to replace a gearbox? Does anyone there have any idea what's going on with it? Can you post a video?

Haydennedyah
10-11-2015, 08:58 AM
I think I know what noise you are talking about, as I have it intermittently, but hasnt worried me to much as doesnt hinder my driving. I figured was just a sound that happens to be there depending on weather but not sure really. Ive done 11000 in my 2015 jetta no major issues.
Water pump will need to be replaced.
And a window regulator on P/S/F
Other then that goes well.
Let me know what the sound was.

CannonShane
10-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Hopefully this video works, You might have to turn speakers up a bit to hear it, And it doesn't sound as bad in the Video as sitting in the car obviously.
https://youtu.be/89f0q_eVxns

Haydennedyah
13-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Did they find out what it was?

CannonShane
13-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Nope. Haven't taken it back there yet lol. They have replaced all of the above and it still does it from time to time.

Haydennedyah
13-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Nope. Haven't taken it back there yet lol. They have replaced all of the above and it still does it from time to time.
I dunno could it be water pump? It goes away when the clutch is pushed?

Lucas_R
13-11-2015, 09:55 PM
Sound like it could be the dual mass flywheel - they rattle like that when they fail.

CannonShane
16-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Could be the flywheel, but you would think after having the box out twice and then also a third time to replace it they would have checked it out.

JettaPom
14-12-2015, 11:00 AM
This is the fuel lines rattling where they route up the firewall into the engine bay. Just had mine re-secured for the second time in my 2013 Jetta DSG.

Haydennedyah
15-12-2015, 07:42 AM
I figured it would be that as it happens at random times and when i played around with my hoses it stops.
I was never worried about it.
Im just glad i didnt take my car in because id say they would have tried to change components in the car. Id rather not have uneeded repair work.
but I know my waterpump needs replacing but thats a given in VWs other then that ive driven 15000 no majour issues

JettaPom
15-12-2015, 05:48 PM
I'd take it in mate, and get everything sorted under warranty. I've just picked mine up from having new DSG clutch packs fitted, rear brakes replaced and handbrake adjusted and fuel line rattles cured - all under warranty. All in a 2.5 yr old 22,000km car. Not happy !!

I think the quality of the Mexican built VWs leaves a lot to be desired compared to the German built ones.

Haydennedyah
17-12-2015, 03:57 PM
I'd take it in mate, and get everything sorted under warranty. I've just picked mine up from having new DSG clutch packs fitted, rear brakes replaced and handbrake adjusted and fuel line rattles cured - all under warranty. All in a 2.5 yr old 22,000km car. Not happy !!

I think the quality of the Mexican built VWs leaves a lot to be desired compared to the German built ones.
Wow really,
Havent had any issues im at 15000 just the rattle from fuel lines and water pump which im not surprised even that doesnt worry me.
hopefully starts to go well for you and that mine continues.
Ive got 5 yrs warranty so eh im good.

CannonShane
18-12-2015, 08:04 PM
The noise seems to have mostly gone funnily enough, I hear it every now and then but nowhere near as loud as it was and a heap less frequent. Car has about 4500 K's on it now so fingers crossed it was just something settling in.

CannonShane
12-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Well it seems the noise is back, Noticed it doing it every now and then over the past few weeks, More so in the heat, but it has done so in the cooler mornings also. Really cant be ass'd to get VW to look at it again. I really wish there was a definitive answer on weather or not its just normal for these cars. Someone mentioned before the fuel line rattle, But i can't really tell if it makes a difference or not when i move them around a bit.

ope126
19-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Well it seems the noise is back, Noticed it doing it every now and then over the past few weeks, More so in the heat, but it has done so in the cooler mornings also. Really cant be ass'd to get VW to look at it again. I really wish there was a definitive answer on weather or not its just normal for these cars. Someone mentioned before the fuel line rattle, But i can't really tell if it makes a difference or not when i move them around a bit.

Did you get an outcome for this mate?