PDA

View Full Version : R36 leaky water bottle

Domatron
07-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Hi all,

The water bottle or pump or pipe or something to do with the window/headlight washer system is leaking on my wagon. By the looks of it I have to pretty much deconstruct most of the front end of my car to get at the problem area.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue before? Do I actually have to take everything off the front or is there an easier way?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3C4M Guy
08-11-2015, 09:42 AM
If you remove the black plastic lining inside the guard on that side (8 x Torx-25 screws), you will have reasonable visibility of some of the bolts that attach the washer bottle plus the electrical connector to the motor and the hose for the water. This may not allow you to remove the washer bottle, but you could at least check the electrical & hose connectors and get an idea of what's involved.

You may be shocked how much rubbish accumulates behind these plastic inner guards, so it's probably a useful exercise to give things a clean anyway.

Domatron
08-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks. I got it done in the end without completely removing the bumper. Just enough to peak in and see what was going on. It was just the small hose that goes up to the windscreen sprayers that had popped off somehow. It looks like there is another leak in this hose but it is behind the front wheel under the quarter panel and I couldn't be arsed right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lindsay
08-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Mine is leaking from the rubber grommet on the washer pump. Only lasts a couple of days before its emptied itself, major pain! I took the whole front bumper off to check it an even then it still looked difficult to pull the whole bottle out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk