PDA

View Full Version : R36 ACC with Front Assist vs B7 ACC with Front Assist & City EB

prn31
16-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Is there any difference between the R36 ACC with Front Assist vs B7 ACC with Front Assist & City EB?

Does the City Electronic Brake on the B7 apply the brakes harder than on the R36? From experience the Front Assist on the R36 will bring the car to a complete stop without using the brakes - it took a some nerves to try this, but it does work...

Passat R36
16-10-2015, 01:33 PM
EB=Emergency Brake
Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB) function < Technical glossary (http://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/technology_and_service/technical-glossary/front-assist-with-city-emergency-brake--city-eb--function.html)

prn31
17-10-2015, 11:30 AM
EB=Emergency Brake
Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB) function < Technical glossary (http://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/technology_and_service/technical-glossary/front-assist-with-city-emergency-brake--city-eb--function.html)

Thanks for this Passat R36. I presume EB uses cameras in the side mirrors to monitor potential collisions.

ope126
18-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks for this Passat R36. I presume EB uses cameras in the side mirrors to monitor potential collisions.

The camera is located at the top of the windscreen above the rain sensor...

ope126
18-10-2015, 11:16 AM

The side mirrors also have the LED's for the Side Assist...

Hillbilly
18-10-2015, 01:33 PM
It did on mine the first week I had it Wasnt looking as I should have been and all of a sudden car came to a screeching halt and me with foot still on the loud pedal. Car had almost stopped in front of me.

booba
18-10-2015, 07:33 PM
The side mirrors also have the LED's for the Side Assist...

only on MY13+

ope126
19-10-2015, 07:51 AM

In your Passat it has Active Cruise Control with Front Assist that is Radar based (should be in your VW Emblem on the front grille).
If you do also have a camera above the rear view mirror (top of windscreen) then you also have Lane Assist.

Hillbilly
19-10-2015, 08:10 AM
In your Passat it has Active Cruise Control with Front Assist that is Radar based (should be in your VW Emblem on the front grille).
If you do also have a camera above the rear view mirror (top of windscreen) then you also have Lane Assist.

Should look like this in front of mirror If you have the radar the emblem in the grill will have a solid plastic front. The normal one has holes around the lettering

prn31
19-10-2015, 12:19 PM

Should look like this in front of mirror If you have the radar the emblem in the grill will have a solid plastic front. The normal one has holes around the lettering

Interesting.

I didn't realise that the VW grille emblem was different on cars with ACC until kamold actually showed me! Ignorantly I thought all VW grille emblems were solid and didn't have holes around the emblem.... :facepalm: