PDA

View Full Version : R36/B6 Passat Cargo Netting

MrWolf
13-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Hi guys,

Bit of a bizarre request, but has anyone equipped their dub with a cargo netting similar to the below?

Every VW-sourced version I find seems to cover the entire boot, where as I'm only chasing one that sits towards the front of the boot (for umbrellas and sun visors etc).

Any ideas?

booba
13-10-2015, 10:37 PM
no, however i fitted this

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/10/imagesqtbnANd9GcR81CqNB869_FA6yn8QVCacMQ-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/10/imagesqtbnANd9GcQADFzYzZJSz7HA7DIisiIHCK-2.jpg

Jakeys
15-10-2015, 03:09 PM
You're sure it's not the same thing? Some cars definitely have ones specifically to be mounted like in your pic but also some cars have the full flat one (Which I have in my wagon) but you can fold it in half and clip all four corners to the two top mounts and use it that way. Double check VW don't do this. (Hopefully not, proper ones are much better.)

Also, do what I did, just contact a dealer. I got the big flat one as I have a wagon so it's much better, and all I needed to do was contact the parts department and describe it.

seanmau5
15-10-2015, 10:51 PM
You could retrofit a cargo net from another manufacturer? I had one in my old Liberty which was actually for the Forester as they didn't make one for sedan Libertys. You would just need to work out a way to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrWolf
17-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Appreciate the responses.

Booba, I think your solution is a bit over-engineered for what I'm after, hah.

Jakeys/seanmau5, I had considered using the larger one and whether it made sense to potentially source one from another car. I guess I was hoping someone already had something similar that was specifically fit to my purpose.

By the looks of it, I'll probably need to suss out whether I can make one from another make fit the VW.

Cheers.

Hillbilly
17-10-2015, 06:33 PM
CAR Trunk Storage Organiser Luggage Cargo NET VW Tiguan Passat B6 B7 CC Polo EOS | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CAR-TRUNK-STORAGE-ORGANISER-LUGGAGE-CARGO-NET-VW-Tiguan-PASSAT-B6-B7-CC-POLO-EOS-/111729182919?hash=item1a039408c7:g:jzIAAOSweW5Vao7 v)

booba
17-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Yeah, probably. I wanted to retrofit that as soon as i saw it :)

Appreciate the responses.

Booba, I think your solution is a bit over-engineered for what I'm after, hah.

Jakeys/seanmau5, I had considered using the larger one and whether it made sense to potentially source one from another car. I guess I was hoping someone already had something similar that was specifically fit to my purpose.

By the looks of it, I'll probably need to suss out whether I can make one from another make fit the VW.

Cheers.

slipshot
27-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Does anyone here have a 'proper' or properly fitting cargo net that stretches across the bottom of the wagon (in other words uses all four corners) who could measure the actual width of the netting that's used and let me know? I bought an aftermarket one which fits but it just a bit too loose and I'd like something tighter - so need to go a bit smaller and if anyone had the actual dimensions of the webbing/netting that would help enormously? Thanks

Jakeys
27-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Does anyone here have a 'proper' or properly fitting cargo net that stretches across the bottom of the wagon (in other words uses all four corners) who could measure the actual width of the netting that's used and let me know? I bought an aftermarket one which fits but it just a bit too loose and I'd like something tighter - so need to go a bit smaller and if anyone had the actual dimensions of the webbing/netting that would help enormously? Thanks

I have one. Proper OEM R36 one. I'm not sure measuring it would provide you with much help, it is about the width and depth of the four corners take a few inches for the clips when attached to the car. When it's not clipped it is much smaller and is all floppy, it stretches quite a bit (By design) when you clip it so it is taut and flat to the floor. If you really want unattached measurements though I could do it when I get home if I remember, but yeah it's definitely not loose, it's exactly the right size.

slipshot
28-10-2015, 03:37 PM
I have one. Proper OEM R36 one. I'm not sure measuring it would provide you with much help, it is about the width and depth of the four corners take a few inches for the clips when attached to the car. When it's not clipped it is much smaller and is all floppy, it stretches quite a bit (By design) when you clip it so it is taut and flat to the floor. If you really want unattached measurements though I could do it when I get home if I remember, but yeah it's definitely not loose, it's exactly the right size.

Would you mind - just so i have a good idea on what to look for as anything is better than nothing? I could measure myself but if I know what the factory one is like, the others are easier
to source. Thanks so much...

3C4M Guy
28-10-2015, 09:21 PM
For what it's worth, the B6 OEM cargo net is part number 3C5065110 and costs a bit over $100 from a VW dealer (depending on your negotiating skills). That's not a bad price considering they cost around $US70 in the USA. As has already been stated, this covers the entire boot area.

I checked the boot of my B6 sedan and there are there 4 anchor points at the rear - 2 upper and 2 lower. Does anyone know if it's possible to fold the OEM cargo net in half and use it per MrWolf's original photo? I thought the net might be too big to do this? The attached photo from a Russian web site appears to show 2 different types of netting.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19673&stc=1

MrWolf
17-11-2015, 11:55 AM
I checked the boot of my B6 sedan and there are there 4 anchor points at the rear - 2 upper and 2 lower. Does anyone know if it's possible to fold the OEM cargo net in half and use it per MrWolf's original photo? I thought the net might be too big to do this? The attached photo from a Russian web site appears to show 2 different types of netting.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/attachments/f27/19673-r36-b6-passat-cargo-netting-cargo-netting-jpg

I just checked mine for sanity sake and realised my boot (R36) only has lower hooks.

Don't see how I'm going to install any sort of boot netting similar to the above. Ow well, at least I have my emergency triangle properly mounted, haha.