PDA

View Full Version : VAG CAN PRO Diagnostics - VCDS competition - What can be done with it

Euro Car Upgrades
12-10-2015, 05:55 AM
Euro Car Upgrades (http://jku.com.au/) have become dealer for VAG CAN Pro Interfaces (http://jku.com.au/vag-can-professionals-diagnostic-device-software-k-line-interface-audi-vw-mercedes-skoda-vcp.html)

Extremely Powerful Tool which allows for dealer level diagnostics, updates, flashing of control modules, DIY Chip Tuning & Component Protection Removal in certain instances.

Hit us up if you want to ask if a specific item can be done. We are still learning as well. If we dont know the answer, we have a good relationship with the suppliers and they will tell us.

Some of the guided diagnostics procedures include DPF procedures which can be costly:

Clearing inspection message
Activation of cruise control
Deactivating passenger airbag
Opening,closing electric handbrake
DPF emergency regeneration(1.4,1.9,2.0,2.5 TDI PD)
DPF emergency regeneration (3.0 TDI)
Throttle adaptation - Otto engines with Drive-By-Wire
Injector coding 2.7/3.0 TDI Common Rail
Change units in instrument cluster
Change language in instrument cluster
Bluetooth activation Audi Q7/A6 model 4F
Basic setting of Xenon range controller
Calibration of G85 sensor
Erasing / programming remote controllers
Enable / disable Nordic mode (Low beam as Daylight running lights)
Test FireUp of Webasto (PQ35 - Caddy/Touran/Golf/Tiguan/Passat)
FillingUp Brake system (MK60/70 - Golf V / Passat / Altea / Leon)
Turning on Pre-Fuel pump (eg. for bleeding)
Enable / diable automatic door-lock
Xenon-lights coding (with and w/o shutter)
Enable / disable seatbelts warning light
Recalibrating T3 DPF - sensor
Enable / Disable "SystemTest" for ABS/ESP
Tires pressure sensors coding (Passat B6/ Passat CC/ Jetta)
Battery coding for battery manager
Key coding for IMMO IV (PQ35 / 46)
Unlocking of blocked Webasto
Disable APS-function of Front wisher
Calibration of ESP acceleration sensor G200
Calibration of ESP pressure sensor G201
Change microphone gain in Nokia Handsfree set
Calibration of ESP acceleration sensor G251
Setting brake pad tickness - Audi A8
Activating convenience automatic window opening
Activating automatic side mirror flipping
Activating Coming-Home / Leaving home functions
DPF Adaptation after replacement 2.0/2.7/3.0 TDi / VW Crafter
DPF Checking 2.0TDi / 2.7-3.0TDi
Activating graphical Park assistant Audi A6/Q7
LHD/RHD ESP Coding
Injectors checking 3.0/2.7 TDI
Unlocking Eject button in MMI DVD Drive
Coding MMI Device List
Activating/Deactivating tire pressure monitoring Audi A6 model 4F
Pump-jet checking 1.9/2.0 TDI
Recoding ABS/ESP variant (USA/EU)
Adaptation new engine ECU for IMMO3 systems
DPF Emergency regeneration VW Crafter, engines CExx, BJx
ESP sensor calibration G200,G202,G251 in cars newer than 06.2007
Adaptation of turbocharger in 2.7/3.0TDi engines
Setting up service interval display
Acceleration measuring
Recoding of door electronics variant (LHD/RHD)
Adaptation ESP ECU for DSG Gearbox in Audi A3 8P MJ2006
Activation/deactivation MMI hidden service menu
Adaptation of flap motors in 3.0/2.7 TDi engines
Reading mileage from EDC15
Testing Mass air flow meter G70 in TDI engines
DPF emergency regeneration in BLE engines - Touareg 5.0 TDI
Setting up PWM value for front LED daylight running lights - Audi A6 2009
Setting up idle speed in Gasoline/TDI engines
Unlocking TV function in MMI 2G/3G Systems
Upload data from ZDC-Container
Function check of EPB
Activation of service menu in RNS510 Navigation system
Activation of DRL using fog lights in BCM system
Instruments recode for Audi A6/Q7 MY2009 from US-Units to EU-units
Recode of TV -Tuner from US Specs to EU in Audi A8/A6/A4 8K
Chiptuning test

Elmura
14-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Sounds much the same as VCDS except the chip tuning potential. Any luck with that?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Euro Car Upgrades
14-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Its a different kettle of fish with VCP.
Some of the options like above are guided functions - you dont need to have any knowledge apart from clicking next / ok / cancel
Other functions like CP and flashing modules are much harder and do require a bit of research.
We seem to be using VCP in different situations to VCDS apart from a simple code readinh and cheaper price tag.

DV52
20-10-2015, 08:09 PM
Hmm... Please don't take this the wrong way, but @ $600, it's a pricey alternative to the more popular VCDS cables. But as you say, it does way more than just diagnostics, measurement values and adaptation/coding changes.

Problem for the buyer is understanding the value proposition (for either cables). That is - how to justify the increased price against the "other goodies". But I guess you are pitching to an entirely different niche market than the one Mr Ross targets.

For prospective buyers who are looking to lower the cost of purchase -not having a facility for older K-line protocols might be a better option. Do you sell the cheaper unit (i.e. just CAN Bus)? Doing a rough conversion-should be about $400 based on your cost for the VCP!

Also, what's the buyer's arrangement with VCP for software? Is there an annual fee for updated software, or are software updates provided at no additional cost - like VCDS?

Finally, if prospective buyers do see value in the goodies that VCDS can't provide (i.e. Firmware mods - incidentally in mentioning "CP" do you mean Component Protection and if so can you confirm that connection to FAZIT isn't required?) , it sounds like more user training will be needed. How does this happen?

Don

Euro Car Upgrades
21-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Hey Don.
Let me tell you that we dont use VCP in situations where we use VCDS.
I guess the value for money is in guided functions for occasional customer apart fault diagnostics:
- Video in Motion Activation for Golf 7 MQB platform - saving of $299 - VCDS won't do it
- DPF regeneration with 1 click. VCDS will do it but its a complex procedure - savings of potentially $$$ thousands
- G85 sensor calibration - 1 click vs. Complex procedure with VCDS - saving of 1.5 hours of labour
- Measure your acceleration 0-100kmh - very useful for chipped vehicles and very easy to use
- Activation of service menu in RNS510 Navigation system - $150 savings
- Chip Tuning test - test if the car you are buying was remapped - priceless sometimes.

That's just a few from the list that are useful and very easy to use and savings to be had. This is the value proposition to be had

We do sell VCP without k-line (http://jku.com.au/vag-can-professionals-diagnostic-device-software-audi-vw-mercedes-skoda-vcp.html) - works out just over $400+GST which is cheaper than Ross Tech offer.

The Software for VCP is free and updatable. You only need to pay if you want to access additional functions:
- ZDC Flash FILES (http://jku.com.au/access-to-all-avaiable-zdc-vim-files-audi-vw-mercedes-skoda-seat.html) - for flashing software on module to repair them - useful but not for everyday use
- ESP CODING (http://jku.com.au/additional-coding-option-esp-for-vcp-and-vcpk-audi-vw-mercedes-skoda-seat.html) - for ACC retrofits etc - great if you do ACC retrofits day in day out.
- EDC 16 FLASHING (http://jku.com.au/additional-flashing-option-edc16-for-vag-can-professional-and-vcpk-audi-vw-mercedes-seat-skoda.html) - useful for Chip Tuning EDC16 vehicles - saves you over 2000 euro for the cheapest Chip Tuning Gear

Component Protection Removal is possible and we have done it number of times. Not all the modules are covered but I can only guess this will improve. The process is quite hard to grasp and as such Vag Can Pro does not advertise it yet. Possibly a future item.

With regards to training there is an email (support@vcp.pl) with support questions and VCP have been pretty good with their answers to us. You can also email our service (service@jku.com.au) dept who are likely to help too.

We might run some training once our new shop is built and we have a bit more space in SEQ.

Let me know if there are other questions / comments.

DV52
21-10-2015, 09:30 AM
Component Protection Removal is possible and we have done it number of times. Not all the modules are covered but I can only guess this will improve. The process is quite hard to grasp and as such Vag Can Pro does not advertise it yet. Possibly a future item.

We might run some training once our new shop is built and we have a bit more space in SEQ.

Let me know if there are other questions / comments.

Many thanks for your detailed response (hope I didn't offend with my comment about the price - it was just an observation).

Just a follow-up question about CP and I will bother you no further (the prospect of not having to visit a dealer to remove CP error's is very appealing!). My understanding is that the CAN Gateway (which is the master monitoring control module for CP) tests the identity of a pre-determined set of control modules at ignition switch-on to see if they are the same as at the previous ignition switch-on. VW calls this group of control modules a "constellation" (neat name!). For the mk7, the "constellation" is listed in the table below. Does the VCP (without k-line) handle all of these modules with respect to CP?
Don
PS: The training facility is interesting, pity you haven't located your business a little closer to Tasmania!
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/10/3DSN0zWpng-2.jpg

Euro Car Upgrades
21-10-2015, 10:02 AM
We don't get offended that easily DV52.
Euro Car Upgrades tested CP mostly on Audis and VW Touaregs but not on Golf 7 as of yet.
We get the success on 5F units, 56 for now. The rest we are not sure how to do it.
The CP is good in a workshop environment where you can save time to visit dealers to often...