PDA

View Full Version : caddy 160 tsi

vagr36
08-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Hi caddy lovers :)
thinking of getting a new caddy 160tsi for a work car since its a perfect car for the electrical trade (mild commercial work)
more the manual then a dsg.. just dont want the risks of known dsg problems that could or may arise in the future since i wanna run this down to the end of its life.
anyone have one and can tell there experiences of it.. a 1.2 litre tsi seems so small of a motor id assume it could be struggle town on some heavy accelaration.

:) cheers for any advice

psyone
09-09-2015, 08:10 PM
hey mate, spend a lil more and get a TDI! i made a mistake and got a pre-face lift petrol caddy without knowing much about them. cheaper petrol prices and you get more km's out of a tank. My caddy struggles up hills if they are somewhat steep.

Angus
10-09-2015, 12:56 PM
Pretty sure the tsi caddys only come in manual. Not a lot of torque, however it all comes on down low in the rev range, so it feels quite torquey.

Sharkie
10-09-2015, 04:38 PM
1.2TSI can be chipped ..... makes it MUCH more driveable.

gives 100kw and 227NM, be quite a pleasant drive in the Caddy.APR - High Performance Development for Audi, VW and Porsche Vehicles. (http://goapr.com.au/products/ecu_upgrade_12tsi_au.html)

vagr36
10-09-2015, 06:47 PM
thanks for your help guys.. yeah i was thinking 63kw and 160nm really does sounds like it may be a struggle.. id probably notice it coming from 350nm aswell.. alright ill look investing into the 250tdi :) ill check out the price difference.

cheers

Snail Style
30-09-2015, 06:05 AM
Wait for the new models to come out mate, that is what i currently am doing. DSG issues are pretty much sorted in regards to mechatronics and clutch, so personally i'm looking at getting an auto so i can just cruise along at work all day.