PDA

View Full Version : power mirrors closing in with key? r36 08

vagr36
08-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Hey guys anyone know if you can use the key to close in the power windows the same way you can on alot of jdm cars.
and sequence? the same way there is a way to close windows? havnt seen any mention of it in the booklet so assuming it cannot be done :( not that its a big deal hehe
:facepalm:

snerlo
08-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Not on the 08 R36 mate unfortunately. You have to manually do it using the mirror switch. Bit of an oversight I think. Sorry for the bad news. If you were desperate there is a way of doing it but it involves soldering and replacement of modules and parts etc etc.

Umai Naa!!
08-09-2015, 01:34 PM
If its got the mirror fold capability on the adjustment switch/knob, I think you can.

I don't believe the '08s do though.

XXX-1.8T
08-09-2015, 04:25 PM
isnt there a dongle on Ali Baba to buy?

Steve
08-09-2015, 04:55 PM
If its got the mirror fold capability on the adjustment switch/knob, I think you can.

I don't believe the '08s do though.

My (very) early 08 R36 does fold the mirrors using the switch/knob but not having the automatic folding thing is a bit of a pain in the arse.

Hillbilly
08-09-2015, 05:38 PM
isnt there a dongle on Ali Baba to buy?

DONT BUY IT I got one for my B7 and it doesnt work. Mine is sitting in the drawer wasted

Neither does recoding with VCDS Spent a week trying and nothing worked even though it accepted the coding changes

Have been on UK forums and mostly they havent been able to do it either.

On one forum was a report of one of these modules causing a fire in the car when it shorted something out. It could have been the owner bought the wrong one for his car as there are several depending on which model and where it was made.

vagr36
08-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Not on the 08 R36 mate unfortunately. You have to manually do it using the mirror switch. Bit of an oversight I think. Sorry for the bad news. If you were desperate there is a way of doing it but it involves soldering and replacement of modules and parts etc etc.

ahhh damm thats unfortunate! just thought they woulda maybe had that feature hidden there haaha i looked like an idiot trying many combinations hopeing it would work :facepalm: ahh nah thats abit much.. yeahhh ud think they woulda incorporated that feature hehe since we got umbrella holders and all the other fancy features hahah.. thanks for the help guys