PDA

View Full Version : searching for a steering wheel

mylo
06-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey to all
im leaving aus for a few wks over christmas to catch up with family and tryin to get the ball rolling as regards getting my golf over this side of the world, anyway im trying to source an original 92-95 corrado steering wheel, its a 3 spoke wheel (non airbag) its a sporty type,kinda chunky and finished in black leather,its got the vw emblem stamped into the lower part of the centre spoke. just missed one on ebay which was brand new but missing the horn push, in the end someone paid GB 180.00,i didnt want it that badly, ive been trying to source one of these and its like a quest for the holy grail, found another somewhere in the uk but its been through the wars and not something that would finish the interior, has anyone out there got any ideas as to where i could find one in good condition or new?? thanks.

Jarred
06-12-2007, 09:36 PM
ooo.. I'm geussing sourcing one from the UK would be you're best bet. I'm not sure how few and far between these cars are, But I'm geussing because they are so new there wouldn't be as many that are being wrecked, as opposed to say mk 2 golfs. Just have to keep your eye out I geuss...:???:

mylo
06-12-2007, 09:48 PM
thanks mate,
its looking that way innit,seems that every other part can be got even corrado shaped spaghetti pieces!! just kiddin!! yeah it looks like im going to have to keep clicking into sites and check ebay on a regular basis and hope it dont sell for what the last one did!! click click click

OEM G60
07-12-2007, 04:17 AM
Hi mate, i would put a Wanted ad on www.the-corrado.net ......

There are always Corrado's being broken etc, good luck, i'll keep an eye out for you ....

Matt

VR6 STORM
07-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Hi there. If I remember rightly, some of the MK3 Golfs have the same non airbag wheel!! Get someone to look up the part numbers on ETKA (the VAG parts list software) for you to compare. Obviously these are more plentiful. I have a copy of ETKA on my fixed PC but that is still in the container being shipped with all our stuff and cars. Otherwise I could have had a quick look for you. Hope this helps?

mylo
07-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the help with this one,still clicking and no joy as of yet but i've to try placing an add for one on that corrado forum you mentioned Matt so maybe one might surface from there,good on ya mate!!
vr6 storm! was just checking out the pics of your playmates, very well finished inside outside and most importantly under the hood of the golf looks like opening the lid off a treasure chest,mate those two cars are a credit to ya, now would you take a carton of VB for that steering wheel in the corrado eh??just havin a laugh,your right by the way they were fitted in some of the mk 3 golfs more common in the corrado though,thanks for the help, you're going to love this place an theres alot of great people in it.best of luck.

VR6 STORM
11-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Hi Mylo, thanks for the post mate, apprecate it. We are here now and feeling a bit shell shocked by it all, but will be fine. Off to see the shipping agent today as container has arrived at last. Need to check my two babies have arrived okay.
Regards
VR6 Storm

GCP-Mike
14-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi,
if you still search for the 3-spoke steering wheel just have a look here http://www.germancarperformance.com/oem-3-spoke-leather-steering-wheel-p-575.html
or here for the non-leather version http://www.germancarperformance.com/oem-3-spoke-steering-wheel-p-574.html
If you are interested just let me know.

Btw, the coilover sale is still on until December 31st.

Euro € 400.00 shipped for a high quality Made in Germany Racing Line coilover kit!

Best regards Mike

mylo
30-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Hi Mylo, thanks for the post mate, apprecate it. We are here now and feeling a bit shell shocked by it all, but will be fine. Off to see the shipping agent today as container has arrived at last. Need to check my two babies have arrived okay.
Regards
VR6 Storm

How you doing over that side of the world,Happy belated christmas and best wishes for 2008,christmas in the sun can feel a bit strange but i have to say it beats the baltic weather in Dublin we're having,certainly puts things into perspective being back over here for a few weeks,my dub hasnt let me down at all and is running sweet so at least thats sumt to put a smile on the face in the gloomy weather,just trying to get all the necessary paperwork sorted and shipping quotes digested at the moment,hope those wheels of yours got there safely and they are ready to add some style to the dub scene and streets of SA,
Happy cruisin
Mylo:)